PDA

View Full Version : Britain has been found guilty...

peyote
16-12-2004, 17:47
...of one of the strangest crimes in history: the theft of another world."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/life/science/story/0,12996,1372193,00.html

kak? you can come claim your planet at any of our offices around the solar system...

oops! it's from the guardian! :D

trebor
16-12-2004, 18:28
This is yet another conspiracy by the French to re-write history well after the fact.
They have never come to terms that WE THE BRITISH were the discoverers of the cosmos (okay, there was that chap, Galileo too) We had the largest empire, a lot of it stolen from them:D and we have the worlds most important language.
GET OVER IT!:p

kak
16-12-2004, 18:59
Trebor,
:D ;) :p

<Admin - kak you've had a couple of warnings already about vulgar images, please refrain from posting them>

trebor
16-12-2004, 19:02
Are you the only Frenchman who has come to terms with his inferiority complex then?:D

peyote
16-12-2004, 20:23
Originally posted by trebor
This is yet another conspiracy by the French to re-write history well after the fact.
They have never come to terms that WE THE BRITISH were the discoverers of the cosmos (okay, there was that chap, Galileo too) We had the largest empire, a lot of it stolen from them:D and we have the worlds most important language.
GET OVER IT!:p the authors are william sheehan, nicholas kollerstrom and craig b. waff... all of them french, right? and the article appeared first in scientific american... certainly a place where french conspiracy wackos gather... :p

DJ Biscuit
16-12-2004, 20:24
Craig B. Waff?

miciolo
16-12-2004, 20:39
[BThey have never come to terms that WE THE BRITISH were the discoverers of the cosmos (okay, there was that chap, Galileo too) We had the largest empire, a lot of it stolen from them:D and we have the worlds most important language.
GET OVER IT!:p [/B]

Cosmos like in cosmopolitan, i.e. cocktails? I thought those were invented by the chicks in Sex and the City? ;)

you forgot two other important things about the british - bad teeth and incomprehensible accents LOL

In anticipation of being flamed to death yours truly, miciolo

Claude Bottom
16-12-2004, 21:58
Kakrout, I have to warn you that as a resident of Kent, I am in a position to go over and steal half of Calais. ;-) (Perhaps not the town hall clock, which is an architectural abomination..... ) - we British used to own half of France, I'll have you know, Sir ! Careful, the gunboat is waiting...... ;-)

trebor
17-12-2004, 02:06
Originally posted by Claude Bottom
Kakrout, I have to warn you that as a resident of Kent, I am in a position to go over and steal half of Calais. ;-) (Perhaps not the town hall clock, which is an architectural abomination..... ) - we British used to own half of France, I'll have you know, Sir ! Careful, the gunboat is waiting...... ;-)

Calais was ours and so was Bordeaux. Only that salop Jean D'Arc stopped us from having a lot more!:p

capone
17-12-2004, 02:41
There are a few gas giants around here that I wouldn't mind being claimed by France...

CaveMan
17-12-2004, 09:28
Calais was ours and so was Bordeaux. Only that salop Jean D'Arc stopped us from having a lot more!:p

Women...what can I say !!!:D :D

kak
17-12-2004, 11:06
Originally posted by kak
Trebor,
:D ;) :p

<Admin - kak you've had a couple of warnings already about vulgar images, please refrain from posting them>

how comes that what i see as funny images are being seen as vulgar by admin ? :p ;)

kak
17-12-2004, 11:09
Originally posted by Claude Bottom

Well, i know England is not a great country that's why you guys (and more and more brits) retire in Normandie or in the South West of France, just because our country RuLeS! :agree:
;)

CaveMan
17-12-2004, 11:32
Originally posted by kak
Well, i know England is not a great country that's why you guys (and more and more brits) retire in Normandie or in the South West of France, just because our country RuLeS! :agree:
;)

No no no and few more no's......

Only reason is your side is Cheap !!!:D :D

kak
17-12-2004, 11:59
:D
The British Invaders - Alien beings from a dying country
Their destination : France
Their purpose : To make it their world
Kak has seen them -
For him it began one lost night on a lonely country road, looking for a short-cut that he never found.
It began with a closed deserted diner ...
... and a man too long without sleep to continue his journey.
It began with the arriving of a car from another galaxy
Now, Kak knows that the Invaders are here,
That they have taken human form.

Somehow he must convince a disbelieving world that the nightmare has already begun.
:p ;)

http://www.frenchentree.com/

Filimon
17-12-2004, 12:23
Originally posted by DJ Biscuit
Craig B. Waff?

Agree, DJB, sounds like a total wind-up! :)

trebor
17-12-2004, 12:31
Originally posted by kak
;)

The only reason people like to retire there is 'cos its bon marche:agree:

Kshisya
17-12-2004, 12:41
well England seems a great country and London is just adorable (if y ou can apply such a difinition to a city ;) )

however I can't get how can be Brits so cynical and provide the tourists with SUCH maps :rolleyes:

:p

kak
17-12-2004, 13:27
The only reason people like to retire there is 'cos its bon marche:agree:

already two of you coming to me with the same argument ;) i'm going to believe that some brits are quite mad/strange:
they hate France but they still go there to retire because it's cheap :D

Filimon
17-12-2004, 13:30
Originally posted by kak
already two of you coming to me with the same argument ;) i'm going to believe that some brits are quite mad/strange:
they hate France but they still go there to retire because it's cheap :D

Brits LOVE France. They hate French :)

CaveMan
17-12-2004, 13:34
Originally posted by Filimon

Hey I didn't want to say it....but here it goes.....

Kshisya
17-12-2004, 13:42
Originally posted by Erol Ver
Hey I didn't want to say it....but here it goes.....

I kinda didn't get...:rolleyes: what do you have against French kisses ppl?? :p

CaveMan
17-12-2004, 13:47
Originally posted by Kshisya
I kinda didn't get...:rolleyes: what do you have against French kisses ppl?? :p

got no problem with that......:D as long as not with a french...:D

No offence KAK...only joking....

peyote
17-12-2004, 13:48
Agree, DJB, sounds like a total wind-up! :) he usually writes for astronomy magazine. besides scientific american, the story was also published by the american mathematical society... so yes, it sounds like a wind-up but i couldn't find arguments to support that...

kak
17-12-2004, 14:48

You must be kidding me? :D

I'll give the link again because it might help some of you ;)
http://www.frenchentree.com/

Erol Ver, do not worry, i've been here for a while now;)

Shatneresque
17-12-2004, 14:55
Originally posted by Kshisya
England seems a great country and London is just adorable ... however I can't get how can be Brits so cynical and provide the tourists with SUCH maps

FYI: "Bush Ho." has nothing to do either with the current Prez* or with London tarts.

It's correctly called "Bush House," and is the headquarters of the BBC.

*Though the Bush in question here might be some sort of a very, very distant relative of his....