PDA

View Full Version : recent info on getting TRP in the north - Voikovskaya

KLi
17-09-2009, 19:36
I've finally got my apostilled police check winging its way to me (I hope!) and now I'm ready to go and face the bureaucracy here and apply for my TRP, first time ever.

I live in the east, work in the south-west, but am registered at the official office of my employer in the north, at Voikovskaya.

This is obviously inconvenient, as I have to apply for my TRP in the north, and I'd like to maximise my time in going there when I do and do as much as possible in one day.

I've read the useful threads and stickies, they're great. What I wanted was recent info from anyone who's done the rounds of the UFMS and polyclinics in the north that can give me tips. Is it really possible to get round them in one day if in the right order, going back to pick up spravkas another day? Any special info about the UFMS office there that can help me get my documents right the first time? (My husband of 6 years is Russian, we own our own flat, I speak good Russian, slightly used to dealing with bureaucrats but not much, they usually win:)) What's the best time of day to go? Does the office get crowded or not? Any info, even a small tip, is useful!

Thanks!

Grateful for anything you can share.
KLi

Bels
17-09-2009, 19:43
I thought TRP had to do with where you are resident, and that employment had nothing to do with it.

KLi
17-09-2009, 19:50
As I'm registered through my employer, (I'm on their visa, their invitation), they registered me. This is now done at a post office, and they use their official address to register me. Hence my 'address' on my registration is not where I live. But I have to go through the application process for TRP in the local office according to the address on my registration. this is what I was told by the local office here where I live, and by the central one. So off I go up there.

snowbars
17-09-2009, 20:28
Your address in registration is what matters (as the authorities will assume you are living there)(be it office or warehouse)

(Dont tell them this is an office!!!!!)

Bels
17-09-2009, 20:34
Yes it needs to a livable residential address. I have experienced some doubt in the past of using a dacha as address. At the time it was unacceptable, however more and more dachas are now apparently becoming official as being recognised resident. Russian redtape can be confusing in redtape sometimes.

KLi
17-09-2009, 22:05
Seriously? It wasn't mentioned to me when I asked at the UFMS office.
I made it quite clear it was my employer's address and not where I lived, and they just said I need to apply according to that address, not that I couldn't.
I need to check this out again I suppose.
did you get your TRPs before they changed the registration rules the last time, when they simplified it?

KLi
17-09-2009, 22:09
Another question, won't they look at the info I give on where I live in the application, and where I'm going to be registered, ie my flat, rather than the registration that I now have, ie my employer's address? Especially now the rules are as such that you can register at an emplyer's address and it's all legal.

Bels
17-09-2009, 22:12
It makes sense where you reside, where you are resident. Nothing to do with an employer. But it won't be the first time an office worker in the FMS will get things wrong. Sometimes you have to throw the rules at them before they start making their own laws.

Bels
17-09-2009, 22:14
On the form they will ask you resides in your property, and all adult parties must sign as accepting you as living in that property. This is why I can't undertand what's it has to with employer. It is residence period.

SV1973a
18-09-2009, 09:26
I am also registered at the address of our office.
However, for the TRP application, I had to go to the FMS that is located closest to my actual place of living.

By the way, soon there will be new rules about registration of expats. If you own property, you must be registered there, and no longer at the office address.

I have got a document about this, but need to search for it on my computer.

Ian G
18-09-2009, 11:49
I have TRP and am registered in the flat where I live, in the SE of Moscow. Before that I was on a work visa and my employer stamped and submitted the миграционный учет slip for me (by post) each time I returned from abroad. The address on the form was my work adress as my employer was the 'inviting party'. This isn't the same as registration- which no longer exists for those on work visas.

But when I applied for TRP I used my local clinics in the region where I live. TRP does not depend on your employer, and once you receive it you will need to be registered where you actually live. So you should go to the clinics and FMS for that region.

Oh- and trying to go to all the medical clinics in one day is in my opinion unrealistic. They all have different opening hours for these medical tests- and it took me a week. I was working and my father in law would reserve a place in the queue, and I would meet him when he got closer to the head of the queue, to minimize time away from work. He's also much better at dealing with bureaucracy (and getting to the head of a queue without making the other people angry) than I am.
Good luck!

KLi
18-09-2009, 18:56
Thanks for that info everyone who replied.

Ian G, how recently was it that you get the polyclinic spravki? And did they say anything at the FMS as to why you were applying there when your slip (the one you get at the post office) had an address in a different region?
I was talking to my employer today about changing the address on my slip (the one that puts me на учет по месту пребывания, is that not called registration any more?) to my actual residential address. But if they don't mind in the FMS, why bother?
The thing is, I called my local FMS office here in the east, and they said I shouldn't do it here. I went into the central one and actually showed them the slip, and they said the same. This was 1 month ago. What to do??? I don't want to waste my time getting the spravki from the wrong clinics. I guess the best thing to do is just to change the address on the registration slip if I can.

Also, If I get to the polyclinics early, at, say 8 oclock or earlier, would that help with the queues in your opinion?

Ian G
18-09-2009, 19:45
KLi- I submitted all the application documents in June last year. 9 months later I got the TRP. All the CIS people I spoke to got their TRP much quicker, generally in about 4 months.

No they don't mind. On the work visa the employer is the inviting party, which is why you put the employer's address on the migration slip. The FMS know that it's the employer's address and not where you live.

Among all the papers you have to submit to the FMS for TRP is a letter and contract/ agreement from your landlord. They are interested in where you are going to live, (and that the other people registered in the flat agree to you being registred there for the next 3 years). So they don't expect the adress to be the same as the employer's address on the migration slip.

It is really hard to get information out of the FMS unfortunately- but I am pretty sure it is the FMS and clinics for the area you live in.

As for the queuing- you need to go to the clinics, find out when they are oper for "migration service" tests, and ask when people start queuing up. Often it's after lunch, rather than 8 am. They are like embassies- they each have their own- rather limited- timetable.
Again - good luck,
Ian

regiro
18-09-2009, 20:43
Just curious...what's a TRP?

Bels
18-09-2009, 20:48
Temporary residency permit. Russia's form of immigration.

Bels
18-09-2009, 20:55
I must admit I'm getting rather confused that there are options of where you reside and where you are employed. I'm still convinced that anything to do with your employer is irrelevant.

Just asked the expert, my wife. It's where you reside, where you're resident without any doubt. Anything else is a confusion, and you are confusing the staff at FMS. Your employer has got nothing to do with your application.

KLi
18-09-2009, 21:27
I don't know how else to ask them at the FMS.
I go in and ask where to make my application saying I live in the east. They ask to see my passport and slip. They see the address in the north and send me there, writing the address down for me. I double check by saying it's my employer's address. They say it doesn't matter I have to say there. I ask again, and they start getting nasty and repeat it in a louder voice. I find the strength to ask if I can get the spravki from the polyclinics in the east, and they say no I can't and to go to the ones in the north.
I think I was quite clear about what I wanted.

Bels
18-09-2009, 21:31
I don't know how else to ask them at the FMS.
I go in and ask where to make my application saying I live in the east. They ask to see my passport and slip. They see the address in the north and send me there, writing the address down for me. I double check by saying it's my employer's address. They say it doesn't matter I have to say there. I ask again, and they start getting nasty and repeat it in a louder voice. I find the strength to ask if I can get the spravki from the polyclinics in the east, and they say no I can't and to go to the ones in the north.
I think I was quite clear about what I wanted.

You need someone to quote the rules from FMS to them. It won't be the first time. Sometimes I wonder how well qualified some of these FMS staff are. Sometimes they are just being awkward if they don't know what you are doing, and just maybe they are looking for a gift. Gifts come at the end if they are efficient for you.

You should always have a Russian friend with you who has read the rules before application, it helps a lot.

KLi
18-09-2009, 21:47
I can read the rules for myself. As I understand from reading many posts on this in this forum, what's written on the FMS website is often not followed uniformly in its various offices, and I was prepared to follow what I was told at the individual FMS office that I went to.
But that's a good point. I'll hunt down and print out the relevant section from the rules and try and get a definitive anwer from them next week.

KLi
18-09-2009, 22:18
3. Разрешение на временное проживание выдается иностранному гражданину (лицу без гражданства) территориальным органом федерального органа исполнительной власти, ведающего вопросами внутренних дел, по предполагаемому месту проживания from FMS site section 'Постановление Правительства РФ от 1 ноября 2002 г. N 789 "Об утверждении Положения о выдаче иностранным гражданам и лицам без гражданства разрешения на временное проживание" '

Dug this out from the FMS site, point 1.3,

Документы подаются в районный ОВИР по месту предполагаемого жительства. С подробной информацией о предоставляемых документах можно ознакомиться на информационных стендах в приемных ОВИР или УФМС г. Москвы. from FMS site section 'Перечень документов без учета квоты'
This seems very clear!

Shall go with this next week!
Off to look for more...
thanks to all for advice :)...shan't believe a word they say in these offices any more.

Bels
18-09-2009, 22:29
Yes it all makes common sense. Residence permit and where you are resident. What on earth is this so called know all office worker talking about. Perhaps she or he is a beginner clerk and doesn't know the rules. I have a funny thing the person did know :) Russian way :)

fidel
29-09-2009, 11:31
KLi,

If you are currently registered in the address of your employer, you should use this region as a basis for your clinical checks and spravka. You havd in your applications for TRP in the region where you will be registered after you get your TRP. I did this a few months ago......went for the tests in Voikovskaya as my company is registered there and at that time I was registered at my office address....... I handed in all Applications in Barrikadnaya.....where I was to be registered after getting TRP. This is exactly how it is doen.....When you are on a working visa and work permit, You are registered in your office....I had that for several years until I got my TRP. You can do all the tests in Voikovskaya and neighbouring clinics in one day but you do have to choose the right day as there are three days in the week that you can do all tests in one day. Also helps if you have a car and map out you route before going there as the final place is the NArkolog which is located in Marshala Zhukova street. You should send someone ahead of you like your husband to take a number in the queue as there can be hundreds of them.. (Nevertheless if you announce you are pregnant usually you can skip the queue....If I am not mistaken I went on a Friday. Also the KVD which is the first clinic you should go to starts at 8.00 AM.....I would suggest going there at that time.

Bels
29-09-2009, 12:59
Now I am getting all confused yet again.

snowbars
29-09-2009, 13:38
Fidel is correct ...(and as I have said before) - you use the area where you are registered even if that place is an office or whatever.

Ian G
29-09-2009, 14:15
Fidel and snowbars- I have to disagree. The migration slip system is not the same as registration. If you are on a work visa, invited by your employer, then the employer's address is put on the migration slip. That is not your 'registered address'- as the registration system no longer exists for foreigners on a work visa.
Understandably the officials in the FMS find this all rather confusing and assume that the address written on the migration slip is your 'registered' address. They after all still frequently talk about 'propiska'- a concept that hasn't existed in Russian law for 15 years or so.
But I'm pretty sure KLi is correct and the law she/he quotes is correct:

Документы подаются в районный ОВИР по месту предполагаемого жительства.

fidel
29-09-2009, 15:56
Agree or disagree....waht I quoted was real experience And I will repeat again as quoted before, you submit documents in the place you are going to be registered in......BUT you have to pass all medical examinations in the local dispensaries where you are registered.......The rational being is that if you have previously had any infectious diaseas or sent to the alcoholic hospital ....these details will exist in the district where you are registered, regardless if you live there or not!....The UFMS can only trace you by where you are registered as a Foreign employee on a work visa(Dalnaya Zarubesh)and not where you really live as it is not shown in any legal document (that is accepted by them). And I actually passed my medical eximinations in the Northern district just as KL1a is to......I passed all these tests in April this year! and now am registered for three years (with a stamp in my passport) at my appartment which I own in the central district, where I submitted my applications.

fidel
29-09-2009, 15:59
And I forgot to comment what Migration slip are you talking about?. As foreign employees who are ona work visa have a seperate registration form with both the company stamp and the UFMS stamp....with a signature from the general Director and UFMS rep

Bels
29-09-2009, 18:19
migration slip blah blah nonsense. registered of employers address Nonsense!

You apply to the FMS office local to where you are resident and living. There is no interest of your employer or your employers address. But there is interest in who is resident and living with you. It's called a Temporary Residence Permit, not an employment work permit or a business visa which requires you filling in a migration form.

Ian G
29-09-2009, 18:42
My experience was as Bels describes.
Fidel- before getting TRP I used the migration slip system- each time I arrived back in Russia my employer sent it to the Migration services by post and got the Post office to stamp the retained half which I would hand in with the migration card next time I left the country. I don't know of any seperate registration form.
The psychiatric evaluation was especially easy- it consisted of the question "Do you have any psychiatric problems?".

fidel
05-10-2009, 12:49
I guess you and Bels come under the self employed near overseas category "blezaya Zarubesh".........because if you were invited by your employer and s/he applied for your work permit and work visa the you don't simply send your card in the mail......I have been here for nine years and have always had a work permit and work visa and employ four other expats in my company.......I have no idea what you and bels are talking about.....And bels, that 's rather childish behaviour to say nonsense to something you fail to understand...after all this is a forum where people share their experiences not compare who is better or smarter. My psot was merely to help KL1a who is going to the same district where I went to for medical tests........So I was merely sharing my experience with her..... not trying to outsmart you.

Thank You
Fidel

Ian G
05-10-2009, 13:33
Fidel- I'm not self employed, but working for a representative office of a foreign company. I always understood the registration system had been abolished for foreigners on a work visa- starting from Jan 2007. Anyway- it's an academic question now as I have TRP.

But this describes the procedure I used from 2007 until getting TRP.

Миграционный учет иностранных граждан (http://www.rusapartment.ru/about/terms/migration)

TRP hasn't made things any easier. Now I need a visa from the FMS on u. Pokrovka each time I leave the country. :-(

snowbars
05-10-2009, 15:33
As FIDEL says - this is a Forum where people put their views forward to assist others who need such information (and not try to be one up on each other)

I work for a Visa Agency and of todays date have in excess of 40 (yes 40) folders on my desk for TRP applications from all nationalities and have not failed a single applicant yet for visa or TRP.

To date all information I have posted is correct and verifiable by personal experience (however cannot put too much details as we are a comercial organisation)

Bels
05-10-2009, 17:05
But it's our duty as members of expat to get and supply all the details and we are not commercial but ordinary people trying to help others without seeking profit. It is our duty to recommend that they apply for their visas and most definately TRP themselves. There may well be exceptions of course, such as those who have zero Russian and don't have a Russian spouse or friend to support them.

And I do believe that many of us have already excelled ourselves in achieving this task of giving advice and accurate information without the assistance of any agents.
Not that we don't appreciate clear accurate information without confusion from representatives of agents. All crear info and advice would be most appreciated.

SV1973a
05-10-2009, 20:09
As FIDEL says - this is a Forum where people put their views forward to assist others who need such information (and not try to be one up on each other)

I work for a Visa Agency and of todays date have in excess of 40 (yes 40) folders on my desk for TRP applications from all nationalities and have not failed a single applicant yet for visa or TRP.

To date all information I have posted is correct and verifiable by personal experience (however cannot put too much details as we are a comercial organisation)

Hi Snowbars,
Then perhaps you know the answer to these questions:
1. How soon after having received the TRP can one apply for the PRP ? According to the law you can get the PRP after having lived minimum one year on TRP. But perhaps you can apply before the first year is up, so that FMS can check all documents on beforehand?

2. Are there any special (but perhaps not official) favours for TRP holders that have Russian children ? Apparently, prior to 1 July 2009, it was possible to go directly from TRP to Citizenship for certain categories of people. Perhaps you are aware of shortcuts in the procedures for foreigners with Russian children.

Bels
05-10-2009, 20:47
Damn! I can no longer edit minor typing errors after just a few hours! Now who said I could on another thread :) :) Nudge! Nudge!

vodnistadion
05-10-2009, 21:32
Hi Snowbars,
Then perhaps you know the answer to these questions:
1. How soon after having received the TRP can one apply for the PRP ? According to the law you can get the PRP after having lived minimum one year on TRP. But perhaps you can apply before the first year is up, so that FMS can check all documents on beforehand?

2. Are there any special (but perhaps not official) favours for TRP holders that have Russian children ? Apparently, prior to 1 July 2009, it was possible to go directly from TRP to Citizenship for certain categories of people. Perhaps you are aware of shortcuts in the procedures for foreigners with Russian children.

1- I don't work for any visa agency but by my personal experience, you must be one year TRP *the day you submit* your permanent permit application. Moreover you must already have RENEWED your TRP registration (the second year). It was clearly told when I applied for PRP.

2- TRP to citizenship was granted only to CIS citizens, with conditions. Non CIS have to get the PRP, then may apply for the citizenship the day they receive the PRP, WITH conditions too (receive citizenship in "simplified order". One of these is being married +3 years with a RF citizen; another condition that allows this since "now" is to have a Russian kid. As far as I know, the decree has been signed by Medvedev but FMS didn't receive the details yet. It should be done quickly.
But as far as I know citizenship for non-CIS citizens will always request a PERMANENT residence permit.

Now, as everybody knows, lawas can change at any time :)

SV1973a
05-10-2009, 22:00
1- I don't work for any visa agency but by my personal experience, you must be one year TRP *the day you submit* your permanent permit application. Moreover you must already have RENEWED your TRP registration (the second year). It was clearly told when I applied for PRP.

2- TRP to citizenship was granted only to CIS citizens, with conditions. Non CIS have to get the PRP, then may apply for the citizenship the day they receive the PRP, WITH conditions too (receive citizenship in "simplified order". One of these is being married +3 years with a RF citizen; another condition that allows this since "now" is to have a Russian kid. As far as I know, the decree has been signed by Medvedev but FMS didn't receive the details yet. It should be done quickly.
But as far as I know citizenship for non-CIS citizens will always request a PERMANENT residence permit.

Now, as everybody knows, lawas can change at any time :)

1. That is also how I interpreted the law. But on the other hand, the law just says you can be given the PRP after having lived minimum one year on TRP. It does not explicitily say that you can not file your application earlier...

2. I also meet the conditions for application for RF Citizenship the day they give me the PRP. Married for almost 12 years and 2 daughters, that both have Russian citizenship. I actually intend to apply for RF Citizenship, the sooner the better.

Indeed laws can change at any time (that is the reason why at FMS they do not want to give me the lists with documents required for PRP and Citizenship). Would be great if laws changed for the better, but so far things are only getting worse.
With the demographic evolution that Russia is facing over the next decades (loss of several millions), they will probably be forced to follow a different migration policy...

Bels
05-10-2009, 22:22
I am not keen on the idea of citizenship in Russia, as my family as and where we are ready want to move to Europe, maybe France, maybe Britain. As we all are all fluent in English I feel the better chance. But my wife fancies France as being easier than Britain, and has a fancy for France where we we met.

Permanent residency. YES! what else do you need. Why go further, and just simply extend the so called permanent.

The problem is that you need to develop financially into these countries, and yes it does appear that regulations in France appear softer than Britain. And DAMN! I,m British! And I feel I have no rights to bring my own family to Britain, unless I happen to be extremely wealthy as an EFL Teacher.

Thonly issue I can bring up is that the British have seriuosly failed in honouring status to EFL teacher. Prcisely what Gordon Brown has tried to do in USA and many other countries to promote one of our biggest exports and imports, the English language as a foriegn language. Both USA and Britain has welcomed these thoughts. However nothing has been done.

Do you want to see these newspaper links, because I will find these archives if necessary. Unfortunately as I have seen one poster here, an EFL income is not sufficiant for this man to come to Britain with his wife. Now that is disgusting, and a failure not on this man's part, but on our countries part.

You have failed seriously Gordon Brown! And you are now out in the next General election. Conservative will be in and I really do hope they show strength and power to show what Britain is really about. Although I am a little worried about some of your policies, as I do believe in unification with Britain as great strength. Perhaps some of future newspaper readings will put my mind at rest.

Bels
05-10-2009, 22:31
1. That is also how I interpreted the law. But on the other hand, the law just says you can be given the PRP after having lived minimum one year on TRP. It does not explicitily say that you can not file your application earlier...

2. I also meet the conditions for application for RF Citizenship the day they give me the PRP. Married for almost 12 years and 2 daughters, that both have Russian citizenship. I actually intend to apply for RF Citizenship, the sooner the better.

Indeed laws can change at any time (that is the reason why at FMS they do not want to give me the lists with documents required for PRP and Citizenship). Would be great if laws changed for the better, but so far things are only getting worse.
With the demographic evolution that Russia is facing over the next decades (loss of several millions), they will probably be forced to follow a different migration policy...

At your stage, perhaps you should simply be concentrating on TRP and PRP. Give them a rest on citizenship for the moment.

vodnistadion
05-10-2009, 22:51

Yes sure, but they understand like this... Anyway receiving the PRP takes much less time than TRP. It is like for citizenship: You must "live in Russia". Living with a TRP is not accepted. Why? "Because" :ignore:

> Indeed laws can change at any time (that is the reason why at FMS they do not want to give me the lists with documents required for PRP and Citizenship).

But these lists are displayed in every FMS office, generally in the entrance hall... There are even forms that are filled with an application example... Just look and copy, or take a pic with your mobile phone :)

> With the demographic evolution that Russia is facing over the next decades (loss of several millions), they will probably be forced to follow a different migration policy...

They know that if they change their migration policy to allow more and faster applications, people from Caucasus will come in m**** more even than now. That is maybe not what the government wants... And I am sure that even if they would give the citizenship in one week, not more "Western" citizens would apply than now.

Bels
05-10-2009, 23:03
Does Russia not look at other countries as examples? Does large selected population not mean growth for a country. Look at Little sized Britain with 60 million. Much bigger than Canada, yet not that much smaller than the biggest country in the world, Russia. Canada being the second largest.

Growth in population is important, so why have the largest countries got comparitively the smallest populations, yet they are not the richest or most powerful.

Remington
05-10-2009, 23:04

How long does it take for CIS or FSU citizen to get RF citizenship?

vodnistadion
05-10-2009, 23:39
How long does it take for CIS or FSU citizen to get RF citizenship?

This is in theory the same for everybody: about 6 months.

vodnistadion
05-10-2009, 23:42
Does large selected population not mean growth for a country.

Is it a question or an assertion?

Remington
05-10-2009, 23:52
This is in theory the same for everybody: about 6 months.

So you're saying my Ukrainian wife can get RF citizenship in about 6 months after she gets the TRP? Last time I heard it was 5 years unless if the rule was changed recently. BTW, I'm non-CIS citizen.

vodnistadion
06-10-2009, 00:04
So you're saying my Ukrainian wife can get RF citizenship in about 6 months after she gets the TRP? Last time I heard it was 5 years unless if the rule was changed recently. BTW, I'm non-CIS citizen.

I wrote exactly "2- TRP to citizenship was granted only to CIS citizens, with conditions."

"with conditions"...

LINK (http://www.fms.gov.ru/documents/grazhdanstvo/) will list the situations that allow this.

SV1973a
06-10-2009, 16:11
At your stage, perhaps you should simply be concentrating on TRP and PRP. Give them a rest on citizenship for the moment.

Next Friday they will put the TRP stamp in my passport. I will immediately start with collecting the required docs for PRP, and even RF Citizenship. The same day they will give me the PRP booklet, I will apply for citizenship.

SV1973a
06-10-2009, 16:21
Yes sure, but they understand like this... Anyway receiving the PRP takes much less time than TRP. It is like for citizenship: You must "live in Russia". Living with a TRP is not accepted. Why? "Because" :ignore:

> Indeed laws can change at any time (that is the reason why at FMS they do not want to give me the lists with documents required for PRP and Citizenship).

But these lists are displayed in every FMS office, generally in the entrance hall... There are even forms that are filled with an application example... Just look and copy, or take a pic with your mobile phone :)

The general information is displayed, and of that I took pictures with my mobile phone. What is not displayed, is what is of interest to me: for TRP for instance they gave me a very detailled list with required documents, and where to get them. I am sure that for PRP and RF Citizenship, similar documents exist.

> With the demographic evolution that Russia is facing over the next decades (loss of several millions), they will probably be forced to follow a different migration policy...

They know that if they change their migration policy to allow more and faster applications, people from Caucasus will come in m**** more even than now. That is maybe not what the government wants... And I am sure that even if they would give the citizenship in one week, not more "Western" citizens would apply than now.

Not only from the Caucasus and Central Asians, but I am sure many Ukrainians and Belarusians and Moldovians, would also like to get RF citizenship. As a `Western` citizen, I only see benefits in having RF Citizenship. It is the only way to lead a normal life in this country. All other alternatives, TRP and PRP, have there drawbacks. They are limited in time, pause travel restrictions, require minimum amount of time in the country each year, can be annuled, require yearly re-registration,...