PDA

View Full Version : Russian art of the 18-20th centuries from "New Jerusalem"

Moskauerin
17-09-2009, 14:13
As promised, here is the continuation.

THE PROJECT "RUSSIA`S GOLDEN MAP". Russian art of the 18-20th centuries from the Museum of History, Architecture and Fine Arts "New Jerusalem"
10 september 11 october
THE PROJECT "RUSSIA`S GOLDEN MAP". Russian art of the 18-20th centuries from meeting of the Museum of History, Architecture and Fine Arts "New Jerusalem" — GTG (http://www.tretyakovgallery.ru/en/root560/root5601724/root56017241830/)

This one I have also seen. In fact, I enjoy the great advantage of working not far from the Tretyakov Gallery and use every chance to go there during my lunch break :))

This exhibition shows a wonderful collection of portraits of the Russian gentry. Also there are some pieces of tea sets, vases, etc., but very few. Actually the collection was gathered in the early years of the Soviet Union and after that survived through the evacuation during World War II. So there aren't many objects, but what has remained is really worth seeing. The portraits are absolutely fascinating - from the point of view of the personal likeliness and character expression as well as the delicate painting of the clothing and jewelry. Unfortunately there is no catalogue or disc. But there are very informative descriptions to each picture with a short biography of the portrayed person.

Two important notices:

Please note that this exhibition runs in the Inzhenerniy Korpus of the Gallery - not in the main building but in the new building which is to the left from the main one.

It runs only till October 11.

Have a good time!