PDA

View Full Version : Russian Artists-Travellers in the State Tretyakov Gallery

Moskauerin
17-09-2009, 13:36
Dear All,

I would like to share with you several more links to the most recent exhibitions running now in Moscow. Some I have visited already, and some I only just plan to visit. Here is the one to which I have been.

RUSSIAN ARTISTS-TRAVELLERS. An exhibition from the graphic art collection of the 18th the early 20th century
5 june 17 january 2010
RUSSIAN ARTISTS-TRAVELLERS. An exhibition from the graphic art collection of the 18th the early 20th century — GTG (http://www.tretyakovgallery.ru/en/root560/root5601724/root56017241807/)

This exhibition is worth visiting both for travellers and non-travellers. It is beneficial for those who would like to compare their impressions from various countries. It is also good for those who have stayed at home during this crisis year because it has sights from all over the world! Of course it is not a 100% substitute of a real trip, but it is a real pleasure to see the charming views as they were depicted by famous Russian artists. There are spectacular views of some exotic countries in Africa and Middle Asia as well as charming and familiar Russian landscapes. Moreover some works depict national costumes which is a great value.

There is a disc with all pictures from the exhibition as follow-up ;-)

Wish you to have a good time visiting this exhibition!

P.S. In my next post I will share my impressions from yet another one in the Gallery.