When the clean out the easter eggs and put the Santas onto the shelves,:agree:
it is 3 month to X-Mas

when you hear jungle bells day and night in every shop,mall and shopping center

it is 2 month to X- Mas

when in all street there is hectic and frantic rushing

it is 2 month to X -Mas

when there is practically nothing to be found anymore in any gift shop:cussing:
then only 3 more days

when you see men frantically running around with murder:cussing: or suicide on their faces,because at 6 in the evening and the last 3 month they still haven't found anything,

THEN IT IS CHRISTMAS!!!!!!:agree:

FatAndy
17-09-2009, 12:26
Yes, looks like this.
Here is my specific point. When IT distributors pack last trucks and containers to Russia, it is 1 month to Xmas :D otherwise later they stuck into long queue at Customs and never get into RF territory until Старый Новый год (Jan 14+).

OlgaT
17-09-2009, 13:05
When you see the first posts about X-Mas,

it is 3 months to X-Mas. :D

Viola
17-09-2009, 13:55
Whentrafic in Moscow stops completely it's two days to the New Year.

I started turning over pages of Delia's Christmas book yesterday ;)

Ian G
17-09-2009, 14:07
When snow falls and settles for the first time- not just a few flakes of frozen factory precipitate but real snow falling all day- then it starts to feel like Christmas.
This year, unfortunately the man in the flat cap wants to cancel Christmas to save money.

Viola
17-09-2009, 14:13
This year, unfortunately the man in the flat cap wants to cancel Christmas to save money.

I believe he will not do this with us :)

Moskauerin
17-09-2009, 16:07
Oh, no, ple-e-ease!!! It's far from that yet ;-) Today is maybe the last day of Indian summer ("babie leto" in Russian).

Benedikt
17-09-2009, 17:56
Oh, no, ple-e-ease!!! It's far from that yet ;-) Today is maybe the last day of Indian summer ("babie leto" in Russian).
it will be nice for the rest of the month. (there was a day in may, it was nice weather that day, so it would be nice the whole of the month september, farmer's almanach i believe is the correct word..)
and when i look at the 10 day forcast it says only nice, or at least nothing bad.....

Moskauerin
17-09-2009, 21:46
Eh?! Doesn't look like it now... The heavy rain and the cold wind outside tell me quite the contrary ;-) But let's hope for the better! There are at least three things that a person cannot have for any amount of money or any effort, and these are - health, love and ... the weather (unless you are Mr. Luzhkov) :)))))))))

tvadim133
17-09-2009, 21:59

L'ete indian happens each October in Russia.... I foresee that in 2 weeks it will come again...

tvadim133
17-09-2009, 22:01
Eh?! Doesn't look like it now... The heavy rain and the cold wind outside tell me quite the contrary ;-) But let's hope for the better! There are at least three things that a person cannot have for any amount of money or any effort, and these are - health, love and ... the weather (unless you are Mr. Luzhkov) :)))))))))

Mr. Luzhkov is somebody who pretends he can....(they have already refused to follow his smart idea to fight against heavens.. :)

Grumpygummy
18-09-2009, 01:53
L'ete indian happens each October in Russia.... I foresee that in 2 weeks it will come again...

October? :eh: Judging by my last 15-year obsevations it's in mid-September, and it seems to be finishing this week.