PDA

View Full Version : Opera theatre by name of Stanislavsky and Nemirovich-Danchenko

tvadim133
17-09-2009, 01:30
Thanks to my mother who involved me in a world of music (she was a teacher of it) , I am still fond of opera.

That's why, I would like to let you know there will be a very interesting premiere of the Opera "Verter" by Jule Massnet at the misic theatre by Stanislavsky and Nemirovich-Danchenko (rare in peroformances in Russia).

Why this theatre is worth attending even for those who are not much of opera:

1. it is not an opera theatre, where the play is performed by just standing "fat and old" singers. :piano:

The majority of Operas are performed as a real, interesting and thrilling action with more or less young and more or less good looking actors. I forgot sometimes that it was an opera, in 10 minutes after beginning of the performance

2. the tickets are very affordable in comparison with other moscow theatre and it is possible to buy them easy; :yellowcard:

3. places are convinient (no matter where your sit is, the view will be good)

tvadim133
17-09-2009, 13:05
Московский академический Музыкальный театр им.К.С. Станиславского и Вл.И.Немировича-Данченко (http://www.stanislavskymusic.ru)

Just in case, you can read in Russian and would like to see what will be performed on the stage soon besides Verter

Ian G
17-09-2009, 13:18
I've often been to that theater,though I haven't been there since the theatre's reconstruction. It's always worth checking the language of the performance before booking tickets, as they don't always perform in the original language. (Donnizetti, say, translated into Russian has rather a strange sound to it. )
What's happened to Helikon Opera- on Bolshaya Nikitskaya Street? is that still going?

tvadim133
17-09-2009, 13:26
I've often been to that theater,though I haven't been there since the theatre's reconstruction. It's always worth checking the language of the performance before booking tickets, as they don't always perform in the original language. (Donnizetti, say, translated into Russian has rather a strange sound to it. )
What's happened to Helikon Opera- on Bolshaya Nikitskaya Street? is that still going?

After reconsytruction, The theatre become fantastic! As for language, you are right, it was funny sometimes, but now in the majority of cases, operas are performed in original language (but Die Fliedermouse is half in German, half in Russian).

Helikon Opera on Nikitkaya has a reconstruction on going.... they perform on New Arbat street now untill the reconstruction is over. I listened to it's "The Barber from Seville", it was great and interesting to be seen.

Viola
17-09-2009, 14:09
I second you Vadim - it's a very good theatre :)

tvadim133
26-09-2009, 20:31
Well, Yesterday, I was at the opera premier of Verter.

It was in french and quite interesting but....

The main hero was with brilliant voice but so ,,,,, let's say extravagant:

too much overweighted.

Afterwards it was absolutely impossible to look at the stage because of it.

tzaritsa
27-09-2009, 15:11
The same here.I saw the advertisment on TV and was disappointed a lot with the main hero.Good voice,but his appearance kills everything even the idea

Viola
27-09-2009, 16:14
The main hero was with brilliant voice but so ,,,,, let's say extravagant:

too much overweighted.

Afterwards it was absolutely impossible to look at the stage because of it.

They say that opera singers have to have a basis for their voice ;)

tvadim133
27-09-2009, 19:44
They say that opera singers have to have a basis for their voice ;)

I think that is not true (it an excuse for those who have problems with weight).

Opera performance in theater is not a concert where nobody cares of how old or how awfull a singer looks.... :(

I would say that in the Opera I am talking, such kind of thing are rare but I was sorry for Verter...

The idea of the main hero behaviour becomes more connected with his physical complex then to his internal needs or perceptions.

And that is too boring or let's say not what the play was about.....