PDA

View Full Version : Best Leasing Agency

Shuler78
16-09-2009, 18:22
Hello,

In my research I've found that Evans and IntermarkSavills seem to be the two most prominent letting agencies in Moscow. I'm curious about how everyone feels regarding these agencies. Is one better than the other?

Thanks,
Shuler

Hawk
16-09-2009, 20:39
/ www.cian.ru / - (http://www.cian.ru) and save money, lies and BS

tasha3004
22-09-2009, 12:36
Hello,

In my research I've found that Evans and IntermarkSavills seem to be the two most prominent letting agencies in Moscow. I'm curious about how everyone feels regarding these agencies. Is one better than the other?

Thanks,
Shuler

and this one as well might save you some money but not time....
- (http://www.rentlist.ru)

Miss Sunshine
23-09-2009, 19:38
I can recommend Pennylane,

Evans is not pretty good

I can also recommend a mate official private broker

EMAIL DELETED

BrandonL
26-09-2009, 11:47
I've been using Cian.ru no luck though

tvadim133
26-09-2009, 20:48
I think they are quite good for foreigners.

For those who speak Russian, Miel, Incom and Mian are preferable (I used them successfuly 5 years ago)

shanv79
26-09-2009, 21:04
Try to do without agencies here
dom.zhivem.ru/noagent

Bels
26-09-2009, 21:22
Try to do without agencies here
dom.zhivem.ru/noagent

Well said.

Bels
26-09-2009, 21:24
You are best to advertise your requirements locally and state no agents required. But it won't stop them calling you.

Monte
01-10-2009, 20:00
Pennylane is the best though charges 100 %

Evans & Blackwood became very shitty excuse my French

private brokers english speaking do great job

can recommend if smb would need...

katya_0699
02-10-2009, 19:49
100% is VERY negotiable - though it depends on the montly cost of the flat you are looking to rent. I rented mine through Blackwood, they were very professional, our previous one was with Usadba who were quite good IMHO

albion
05-10-2009, 17:29
I'm probably completely biased [as an expat working for IntermarkSavills : ) ] but, having had some experience of working with other agencies to find my apartment when I first moved to Moscow, I'd say IntermarkSavills are the best and I'd highly recommend them!

You can now search on their website for 'Commission Free' properties - (similar to a western agency) - great if you have some experience of the Moscow market and don't need a comprehensive tenant representation service.

Bels
05-10-2009, 17:44
Don't worry about it:) You are not the only one who appears biased. Now lets all start reading the Commercial Moscow Times for a good biased read on estate agency, or is it real estate they call it there?

I'm probably completely biased [as an expat working for IntermarkSavills : ) ] but, having had some experience of working with other agencies to find my apartment when I first moved to Moscow, I'd say IntermarkSavills are the best and I'd highly recommend them!

You can now search on their website for 'Commission Free' properties - (similar to a western agency) - great if you have some experience of the Moscow market and don't need a comprehensive tenant representation service.

NickR
07-10-2009, 17:14
IntermarkSavills and Four Squares are the two I would recommend.

They have found my last two apartments (7 years and 3 years ago).

Both have expat management who really try to force home the words customer and service!

Peter82
28-01-2010, 17:15
people i know who have used evans have been very disappointed. i used cian, but it is best to have russian friend to see the apartments, and to negotiate terms.

whizkid
28-01-2010, 17:48
as Realtor myself (now private/independent or whatever))) I wouldn't recommend Intermark-Savills, I would recommend Penny Lane, Evans or Beatrix (I used to work for Beatrix BTW))

I agree with Peter - use CIAN dot ru if you have time and a good Russian friend who is experienced in Real Estate (which is a must actually, because it's not that easy to find a proper apt with a right Landlord)

but if you don't have time than use an agency or a Realtor with recommendations (ask your colleagues, friends)

good luck with that!
feel free to ask me if you have any questions

best,
Kate Alekseeva

MoscowExpatSupport

khelzy09
24-02-2010, 12:04
want to know how much do they charge (price range) you for their services? what are the things to consider in choosing an agency?

Marta22
03-03-2010, 22:46
on my side Penny lane is the best.
but if you've got a limited budget, better to use the others.
i tried them, they were heplful and polite, but unsuccessful...

Bels
03-03-2010, 23:02
on my side Penny lane is the best.
but if you've got a limited budget, better to use the others.
i tried them, they were heplful and polite, but unsuccessful...

Penny Lane! LOL! Yes if you have plenty of money to waste. But for me ! I can't afford such prices they seek. Perhaps I am too poor. or pehaps I am not so stupid!! Woud a Russian Oligarch pay their prices??NO! NO! NO!

victorx
10-03-2010, 10:40
Experienced private brokers are the best, but not all of them. Agencies market the services, but the work is still done by a broker, some of their brokers can do the job properly.
So the trick is to find the right person at acceptable terms.