PDA

View Full Version : TRP stamp in your passport... Then what is next?

SV1973a
16-09-2009, 16:12
I am still waiting for the TRP (4.5 months already).
I would like to know what I need to do, after FMS puts the TRP-stamp in my passport.
Probably, I need to register myself. How do I do this and what documents do I need? How much time do I have for this?
Would be nice if someone that has gone through this would care to answer.

SV1973a
22-09-2009, 11:15
I was at the FMS today, and they told me these are the documents that are needed to do the registration once the TRP-stamp in the passport has been placed :

1. finansovo-litsevoy shyot
2. vipiska iz domovoy knigi
3. dokumenti na kvartiru (sviditel`stvo o sobstvennosti na zhiluyu ploshad` + kopia, dogovor kupli-prodazhi + kopia)
4. soglasie vseh sovershennoletnih tshlenov cem`i , prozhivayushih na dannoy zhiloy ploshadi na registratsiyu po vremnenovo pazresheniyu. Obyazatel`naya formulirovka v notarial`no zaverennom dokumente : #Soglasen na vremennoe prozhivanie i registratsiyu srokom na 3 goda s daty bidatshi pazpresheniya na vremmenoe prozhivanie#

So, in English :

1. something financial, though I do not know exactly what they mean
2. something about the house where you will live
3. something to prove property of the person that will let you register there
4. permission of all adults already registered in that place.

Does anybody know what these documents are, and where to get them ?

I hope I can count on the people that already went through the process of getting registered after TRP.

byrneofmoscow
29-10-2009, 11:46
Go to the local passport table, they will advise you. There will be a list on examples the wall of what is needed, you will also have to have a zayalennie ( notarised) from the person who owns the place where you are living, to allow you live there. That person who owns the property will also have to accompany you. Remember after one year of TRP you will have to registed again. This can be done at the local OVIR (Ufms) office

Bels
29-10-2009, 11:50
Go to the local passport table, they will advise you. There will be a list on examples the wall of what is needed, you will also have to have a zayalennie ( notarised) from the person who owns the place where you are living, to allow you live there. That person who owns the property will also have to accompany you. Remember after one year of TRP you will have to registed again. This can be done at the local OVIR (Ufms) office

I thought there was a maximum before you had to register. In fact my wife checked and is still the case. Within three years you should apply for PRP anyway.

SV1973a
09-11-2009, 23:31
From experience I now know the answer to the question I posted myself some time ago.

After 5,5 months of waiting, on 30 October, I received the TRP stamp in my passport. FMS gave my a letter (in 2 parts) that said that I was given the right to temporarily reside in the country, outside of the quota based on the fact that I am married to a Russian citizen. They also told me that within 7 days I needed to be registered at my address where I am living.

The very next morning, my wife and I went to the IERTs.
Here we had to present the following documents :
- the FMS decision that TRP has been granted
- certificate of ownership of apartment
- contract that proofs that she bougth our apartment
- marriage certificate
- copy of my passport with the TRP stamp

- we had to fill in an application form
- my wife had to fill in a declaration that she allows me to live in her apartment

Than we were given a document that states who else lives in the apartment, and that all duties have been payed.

All these documents were seen by a lady in IERTs, and she stamped all copies and signed them off.

Finally we were given another little paper with the address were I was going to live.

With all these documents we now had to go to FMS (pasportnoy stol) (the previous OVIR). They had told us that on the pasportnoy stol works till 20h00.
So we were there at 19h00. All docs were shown to a major of the FMS, and she put stamps on them and signed them off once more.

She told me to come back in two days, to do the fingerprinting. Fingerprinting they only do from 15h00 till 18h00.
I came back in two days. The FMS guys asked me if I had payed the 200 RUB state fee. I had not because nobody had told me.
Luckily the Sberbank was nearby, so I was back in just a couple of minutes.

Then they took the fingerprinting, and placed a registration stamp in my passport. Now I will have to reregister every year, but without the fingerprinting.

Bels
09-11-2009, 23:48
But to what I know you donthave to register every year. But you must apply for permanent within three years. Confirmed by my my FMS. It is pointless registering every year, a complete wast of time. But you must keep your taxes of russia in order. Every querter we must do.

SV1973a
10-11-2009, 09:43
But to what I know you donthave to register every year. But you must apply for permanent within three years. Confirmed by my my FMS. It is pointless registering every year, a complete wast of time. But you must keep your taxes of russia in order. Every querter we must do.

Well, perhaps it is not reregistering, but just notifying the authorities that you are still here.
But you definitely need to do something. In fact I have been told that they will check this reregistration because without you can not apply for Permanent Residency.

Ian G
10-11-2009, 11:36
SV1973a

Yes- there are two things you should do shortly before the first anniversary of your TRP

Confirm that you are still living at you registered address

Obtain an INN (Tax identification number) from your local tax office and, I think, provide details of your income for the previous year (to whom?- I am not sure).

I 'll have to do them in January- I'm not entirely sure about the procedure, but reregistering is not necessary.

Bels
10-11-2009, 12:50
Yes it can do your head in sometimes:) You sign on successfull application of TRP that you will declare your income in Russia and pay Russian taxes. The sources I do not know from where they expect this income, as when at the same time you have no right to work in Russia without a work permit in the quota system apparently.

Have I got it right? Or is my head spinning as it always is with Russian red-tape?

sophieperle
10-11-2009, 22:14
She told me to come back in two days, to do the fingerprinting. Fingerprinting they only do from 15h00 till 18h00. I came back in two days. The FMS guys asked me if I had payed the 200 RUB state fee. I had not because nobody had told me. Luckily the Sberbank was nearby, so I was back in just a couple of minutes.

Then they took the fingerprinting, and placed a registration stamp in my passport. Now I will have to reregister every year, but without the fingerprinting.

I just found out about the "fingerprints detail" after a quick check phone call at the UFMS where I applied for TRP 6 months ago. Aparently, in order to get my TRP, I need to get the fingerprint spravka from the OVD of the area where I registered for 3 years.

I called several times the OVD and they said the only person dealing with such a "spravka" is ALMOST NEVER around.

And now, reading your useful post, I understand I have to pay a fee in advance in order to get the fingerprinting done? how do you call this fee at the Sberbank?

I thought I was almost done with this nightmarish application, but it seems there are a still a lot of annoying moments ahead.

THank's!

Bels
10-11-2009, 22:26
Fingerprinting etc YES almost your last phase. With the FMS office I went to in Odentsova the office was in the same building. Just go there and knock the right door. They should be there.

SV1973a
10-11-2009, 22:46
I just found out about the "fingerprints detail" after a quick check phone call at the UFMS where I applied for TRP 6 months ago. Aparently, in order to get my TRP, I need to get the fingerprint spravka from the OVD of the area where I registered for 3 years.

I called several times the OVD and they said the only person dealing with such a "spravka" is ALMOST NEVER around.

And now, reading your useful post, I understand I have to pay a fee in advance in order to get the fingerprinting done? how do you call this fee at the Sberbank?

I thought I was almost done with this nightmarish application, but it seems there are a still a lot of annoying moments ahead.

THank's!

Hold on for a second.
The fingerprinting is AFTER that you have received the TRP stamp in your passport.
Then you have got 7 days to do your registration.
Final stage of the registration is the fingerprinting!

So this is what to do (I assume that they placed the big TRP stamp in your passport already): go to the IERTs with all the docs for registration (as I described above), they will tell you where you have to go to get the registration stamp in your passport.
The guys that do this registration stamp, are the guys that will take your fingerprints. To pay the fee, just ask them to give you the blank, and take that to SBerbank.

Bels
10-11-2009, 23:09
Hold on for a second.
The fingerprinting is AFTER that you have received the TRP stamp in your passport.

So this is what to do (I assume that they placed the big TRP stamp in your passport already): go to the IERTs with all the docs for registration (as I described above), they will tell you where you have to go to get the registration stamp in your passport.
The guys that do this registration stamp, are the guys that will take your fingerprints. To pay the fee, just ask them to give you the blank, and take that to SBerbank.

I think we are now getting into details of how different FMS offices work. But the issue is that you must have your fingerprints taken etc for identification by computer, you know what it's like watching criminal check-ups of which doesn't happen in UK. You are recorded like criminal. It
doesn't happen in UK unless you are a serious suspect of being a criminal.

But back to the point, yes you must go through this ordeal, and listening to other members here the timing varies depending on which FMS office you use.

Bels
10-11-2009, 23:12
Oops sorry! UK does do it for visa applications now, and any other form of immigration method. Apparently they go through the whole works so someone told me. I forgot the technical world, but apparently they do the works for potential immigrants. So freedom is only for those who are already British citizens.

Swarbs
10-11-2009, 23:30
True, but when my wife did it in the UK for her spouse visa it was on an electronic biometric finger scanner. When I did it in Russia for TRP, the guy got an ink roller and covered both of my hands in indelible ink all over, including the palms! It took me half an hour to wash it all off! :nut:

Bels, re: your earlier post, I thought once you had TRP and are registered at an address you don't need a work permit? You just need to sort out your tax registration documents and take them to the local inspectorate who give you your tax number.

SV1973a, as far as I understand it, you only have to reregister if you move flat, and when you get your permanent residency. But that's no different than Russian citizens - they have to have their home address stamped in their internal passport.

Ian G, are you sure about having to notify them you're still at the same address? My local uFMS didn't say anything about it, and I think I got my TRP one year ago...tomorrow :eek:

SV1973a
11-11-2009, 00:11
I thought once you had TRP and are registered at an address you don't need a work permit? You just need to sort out your tax registration documents and take them to the local inspectorate who give you your tax number.

You definitely also need a Work Permit if you are on TRP. This is a change in law that dates from 2 or 3 years ago.

SV1973a, as far as I understand it, you only have to reregister if you move flat, and when you get your permanent residency. But that's no different than Russian citizens - they have to have their home address stamped in their internal passport.

There is a document on the fmsmoscow website, that you should fill in just before you finish your first year on TRP. It is some kind of notification that you are still in Russia (so probably not re-registering)

If you are interested, I have the entire `reglement for TRP` from FMS. It is about 55 pages. Perhaps you can find your answers in this document. If you want it, just PM me.

Bels
11-11-2009, 00:44
True, but when my wife did it in the UK for her spouse visa it was on an electronic biometric finger scanner. When I did it in Russia for TRP, the guy got an ink roller and covered both of my hands in indelible ink all over, including the palms! It took me half an hour to wash it all off! :nut:

Bels, re: your earlier post, I thought once you had TRP and are registered at an address you don't need a work permit? You just need to sort out your tax registration documents and take them to the local inspectorate who give you your tax number.

Ian G, are you sure about having to notify them you're still at the same address? My local uFMS didn't say anything about it, and I think I got my TRP one year ago...tomorrow :eek:

Sorry Swarbs You haven't been reading all. And I am too tired to answer all your questions, Short as they are there is a lot of wording and detail.

For me? I don't need a work permit because I registered as an entrepeneur. That's ok for some but not all. I have my customers, so I can be self employed. But entrepeneurs' license might also be usefull for some by legally having a freelance arrangement with your company. No you won't have employees' rights, or special packages compared to those who have an employment contract. And yes you are responsible for your own taxes, but the good thing is that it is only 6%.

In regards to the fingerprint area. NO I didn't have any ink in my hands. It was done by computer. And then two sides of my face put into the computer, etc, etc. So no it wasn't so old fashioned in the wild west of Moscow. All by computer

Bels
11-11-2009, 00:50
And in all honesty from having TRP I didn't register every year.Three years maximum I was told. And now going for permanent everything seems OK. So perhaps yet again, different FMS offices set their own rules. Mine still sicks for example a legaised or appostilled birth certificate yet again for for permanent. NoW that is ridiculous and a pain in the Ass.

SV1973a
11-11-2009, 08:33
NO I didn't have any ink in my hands. It was done by computer. And then two sides of my face put into the computer, etc, etc. So no it wasn't so old fashioned in the wild west of Moscow. All by computer

Well, it was done the old-fashioned way with me: INK
It doesn`t wash off very well, so you well have to wait till it wears out a bit.

sophieperle
11-11-2009, 12:41
Hold on for a second.

I have been told the contrary by the chief of UFMS (ОУФМС по г. Москве в ВАО). That he would deliver the TPR letter only AFTER I got the fingerprinting done at the local ОТДЕЛ ВНУТРЕННИХ ДЕЛ (ОВД). The two places are in two completely different places and out of KOLZO. :(

Will try to call again today. This is so weird.

Bels
11-11-2009, 18:29
I have been told the contrary by the chief of UFMS (ОУФМС по г. Москве в ВАО). That he would deliver the TPR letter only AFTER I got the fingerprinting done at the local ОТДЕЛ ВНУТРЕННИХ ДЕЛ (ОВД). The two places are in two completely different places and out of KOLZO. :(

Will try to call again today. This is so weird.

As we can see every FMS area is different. My fingerprinting office was conveniently next door. Ican't remember all the latest procedure, but I do remember my wife carrying a large folder of documents to a nearby photo copying office to collate and get sorted out for me. I also remember handing in my passport to be stamped. It took several weeks, but I was given a temporary document for identity in the meantime.

fidel
12-11-2009, 11:39
I must say I got my TRP at Bolshaya Polyanka, The guy took prints of both my hands (lots of ink) and just after that he put the stamp in my passport and I was out of there in an hour as it took me 1/2 an hour to wash my hands.....btw they only have cold water there.

When I got my registration at the passportnaya stol in Krasnaya Presnaya, upon handing it to me she told me that I would have to come back to her approximately a week before my 1st anniversary of TRP. She didn't mention if it was for re-registration or not.

Hope this helps

SV1973a
12-11-2009, 14:19
I must say I got my TRP at Bolshaya Polyanka, The guy took prints of both my hands (lots of ink) and just after that he put the stamp in my passport and I was out of there in an hour as it took me 1/2 an hour to wash my hands.....btw they only have cold water there.

I had exactly the same experience with the registration stamp (this is given after having got the TRP stamp).
Only cold water, but they have soap.
I have to admit when I saw the FMS-guy putting on rubber gloves...

When I got my registration at the passportnaya stol in Krasnaya Presnaya, upon handing it to me she told me that I would have to come back to her approximately a week before my 1st anniversary of TRP. She didn't mention if it was for re-registration or not.

Same with me, they told me to come back a little earlier than the first anniversary of my TRP.

Bels
12-11-2009, 18:13
My only guess is that the rules have changed, and it affect because I got my TRP almost three years ago. Now I must apply for Permanent within the next few months.

sophieperle
24-11-2009, 15:12
I had exactly the same experience with the registration stamp (this is given after having got the TRP stamp).
Only cold water, but they have soap.
I have to admit when I saw the FMS-guy putting on rubber gloves....

IT'S DONE !!!

I had to get the TPR stamp on my passport first and then go to the UFMS of the "RAYON" where i get registered and had the fingerprints done (with not that much ink on each hands, but hard to wash off with only cold water :-) ).

Now have only the Registration to do... soooo easy! ;)

Kvartiraokhotnik
28-11-2009, 13:42
For me? I don't need a work permit because I registered as an entrepeneur. That's ok for some but not all. I have my customers, so I can be self employed. But entrepeneurs' license might also be usefull for some by legally having a freelance arrangement with your company. No you won't have employees' rights, or special packages compared to those who have an employment contract. And yes you are responsible for your own taxes, but the good thing is that it is only 6%.

Is it OK for teachers?

I read that teachers who had an invite from a school didnt need a work permit anyway. Does the entrepreneur license excuse you from requiring a work permit? Same question as on the other thread, but seeing as a lot of the other posters here are in the same boat i might as well throw my hat in the ring. I think this is an important question for a lot of freelancers on this site.

cheers!

Bels
28-11-2009, 14:35
Teachers need some form of work permit, whether it is now called something else I am not sure, but the school needs to have permission from FMS to invite an employee teacher. For example the teacher employee needs to go through the af having his her visa time extended.

The purpose of having an entrepeneurs' is work legally in Russia on a self employed basis, which may include working as a private teacher with your own students or working freelance for a school. You will have a special stamp where you can invoice or give receipts to a school or any other type of company. But it doesn't give you the right to extend your visa. You will need TRP for that.

You do not need a work permit with permanent residency, but just like any other Russian you will need an entrepeneurs' license or another form of registration with the tax office if you wish to work self employed.

Kvartiraokhotnik
28-11-2009, 15:01
You do not need a work permit with permanent residency, but just like any other Russian you will need an entrepeneurs' license or another form of registration with the tax office if you wish to work self employed.

But what about temporary residency? I have a TRP and am in the process of applying for an entrepreneurs license. Do i need a work permit also?

Bels
28-11-2009, 17:35
But what about temporary residency? I have a TRP and am in the process of applying for an entrepreneurs license. Do i need a work permit also?

To be an employee with a proper contract from a school yes. But you might find that many schools will just simply ignore red-tape as you dont have a visa problem. They will simply pay you cash. Poblems? Let's think about it. As a temporary resident you have signed a paper where you must declare your taxes each quarter or a the end of the year. Ensure that your employer is dealing with your taxes in the proper manner, as you will need records when apply for permanent. As a freelancer you are responsible for your own taxes, hence you will definately need an entrepeneurs' licence.

To simplify, as an employee woth a contract you will need a work permit, as a freelancer and or a private teacher you will need an entrepeneurs' licence.

I am not sure that if you both an employee and a private teacher you would need both. But I am going to assume yes.

I wish to make one very clear point, an entrepeneurs' is not available for the purpose of being an employee of a company, it is designed only for self employed individuals or in some cases partners.