PDA

View Full Version : Pushkin museum

maribari11
15-09-2009, 22:22
Hello!
Who would like to hang out with me at Pushkin museum?

pjw
15-09-2009, 22:37
Welcome
to forum maribari:sunny:I've not yet been to the Pushkin Museum. Do u mind if I ask u what it is u like most about it? What are your personal highlights of that place? Enjoy forum! :punk:

tvadim133
15-09-2009, 22:48
I would like to join, but unfortunately I will be out of town this week end.

My advice is that to attend Rembrand and Rubens rooms is obligatory.

I would say that their collection is marvelous in Pushkin Museum.

+ the last floor with french and italian paintings of 18th and 19th centuries.

Besides, there is an other building next to the Pushkin Museum (the building which on the left side from the main entrance) with the brillian collection of impressionists and postimpressionists: Monet, Manet, Dega + Pikasso, Gogen....

I was in Paris in the same kind of museum, and would say that in Moscow the collection is more interesting to my mind.....

andrich
15-09-2009, 22:53
When do you plan on going?? Is it expensive?

tvadim133
15-09-2009, 23:59
I plan to reiterate attendance to these museums on the 26-27th of September.
As for price, I do not remember actually... something around 100-150 rur for russian citizens per each museum.

Moskauerin
16-09-2009, 13:50
Recently a new exhibition has opened in the Pushkin Museum showing paintings from the collection of Liechtenstein in Biedermeier style (the 19th century). Here is a link to these wonderful pictures. I think it is absolutely fascinating and worth visiting! Plan to go there myself. I have seen the beautiful pictures at the link and now wish even stronger to go and see the original paintings!

Lenta.ru: О высоком: Уютное и сентиментальное (http://lenta.ru/photo/2009/09/15/bidermeyer/)

kibo
16-09-2009, 15:42
When are you going?

Moskauerin
16-09-2009, 22:47
In fact, I was planning to go tomorrow in the evening because Thursday is the only weekday when this museum is open long hours. That is the ticket office till 19:00 or 20:00 and the museum itself till 20:00 or 21:00. But I am not sure yet. I may know at short notice tomorrow afternoon.

pjw
16-09-2009, 22:59
Have fun at the Pushkin Museum tomorrow Liuba. The link u posted looks quite spectacular. What a beautiful painter of emotion and light and passion. Really hope u enjoy it :sunny:

Yes you're perfectly right, how marvelous it will be in real and original.

tzaritsa
17-09-2009, 13:59
I would like to join, but unfortunately I will be out of town this week end.

My advice is that to attend Rembrand and Rubens rooms is obligatory.

I would say that their collection is marvelous in Pushkin Museum.

+ the last floor with french and italian paintings of 18th and 19th centuries.

Besides, there is an other building next to the Pushkin Museum (the building which on the left side from the main entrance) with the brillian collection of impressionists and postimpressionists: Monet, Manet, Dega + Pikasso, Gogen....

I was in Paris in the same kind of museum, and would say that in Moscow the collection is more interesting to my mind.....

Its a big new for me about Rembrant and Rubens rooms.I was at Pushkin musiem several times and didnt visit them.Are there real pics or copies now?
Previously it wasnt any.As I know real Rembrandt and Rubens we could see in SPete Hermitage previously and Pushkin musiem was famous with real impressionists

BeachBum
19-09-2009, 17:06
Hello!
Who would like to hang out with me at Pushkin museum?
HI Mariban.. I am going to the Pushkin each week.. I study egyptian history and heiroglyphic.. I usually go there to practice my ancient egyptian Heiroglyphic reading skills.. if your interested in the eygptian stuff id be happy to be your tour guide! ))

Or for that matter if anybody is interested to learn to read egyptian heiroglyphics I can help to teach!

tvadim133
19-09-2009, 22:36
Its a big new for me about Rembrant and Rubens rooms.I was at Pushkin musiem several times and didnt visit them.Are there real pics or copies now?
Previously it wasnt any.As I know real Rembrandt and Rubens we could see in SPete Hermitage previously and Pushkin musiem was famous with real impressionists

there are some originals of holland paintings including Van Deik, Rubens, Rembrandt e.t.c.!

Impressionists are in another building (not main) owned by Pushkin museum (the same line).

annete.duffel
26-09-2009, 16:50
Hi There !!

Pushkin Museum, Is it a famous place in Moscow. What all are the special things in this museum?

Moskauerin
26-09-2009, 22:18
Hi There !!

Pushkin Museum, Is it a famous place in Moscow. What all are the special things in this museum?

Yes very! I would say it is a must-see. This museum has a wonderful collection of the European art and ancient art (Egypt, Greece, the Roman empire, the Middle Ages). Some of the ancient objects are reconstructed copies. The museum was founded by Ivan Tsvetaev, the father of the famous Russian poet Marina Tsvetaeva, in the 2nd half of the 19th century. It was initially designed to serve the needs of art students who could not go abroad to study. You may still see there students drawing copies of the world famous art objects. Besides there are always spectacular new exhibitions like the highly recommendable Biedermaier painting now.

Angym
19-05-2010, 23:34
The permanent exhibition of impressionists and postimpressionists in the Pushkin museum is perfect!!!!

I was amazing so rich collection in Russia, and have the strong wish to back and back to look at those paintings again)

Thank Russians Maecenas Mr.Shukin and Mr.Morosov, for their collections of the impressionists and postimpressionists Art, which became ones of the bases for the Pushkin museum.