PDA

View Full Version : Liability - falling in love with a Russian?

Squirrel_Hunter
14-12-2004, 08:16
Curious and new to this thread... I met a young lady state side while attending law school. She ended up being an exchange student from Kazan - blond hair and blue eyes, with an accent to kill for... Above anything else - she was as smart as anybody in the class - and we were the best of the best when it came to selection...
I am curious - for those of you who are over there, are they demanding? Are they warm or are they cold towards Americans? I am just curious - thinking about going over with my compay Accenture...

pengwn9
14-12-2004, 08:39
Are you in love with her in particular, or will just any blonde haired, blue eyed, intelligent Russian girl work for you? There are attractive intelligent women all over the world. Some of them are demanding. Some of them run hot or cold, and sometimes both.

Are you in the market for female goods or do you really like this girl? If it's the skin market you're looking for, the whole world's a playground for a dashing young lad who is "the best of the best".

Please do come to Russia and grace us with your presence. We'll try to have some appropriate females lined up for you when you arrive. Do let us know.

moscowmail
14-12-2004, 09:20
Well Modesty is one of your strong points eh?

I think the days of grabbing a Russian woman are either over or close to it, Peng is right, she is being sarcastic but rightly so. It is very disprectful to the Russians.

In case you are actually serious, maybe this will help a litte:

The Russians as a race are warm and friendly, the women tend to be more friendly, not because they want a passport, but (in my experience) they genuinely like the Western humor, we (westerners) can usually afford to buy them a drink, and like to, we tend to treat them well.....

Now, I know I will get hassled about this, but it is what I have been told many times, Russian men (not all) don;t tend to treat their women well, sometimes ignoring totally their needs.

OK, thats all for now

Crystal
14-12-2004, 09:59
we were the best of the best when it came to selection...
Michurin would be proud of you I guess :D

lochnessmonster
14-12-2004, 10:51
Peng BEHAVE! Let's try and be nice, he IS the 'best of the best' after all, and interested only in the accent!

kniga
14-12-2004, 10:56
Squirrel_Hunter,

Interesting nick, although on this site, it looks like you have become the hunted! :-)

Squirrel
14-12-2004, 11:37
Yeah, he hunts for me as you can see from his nickname.
So the answer to Pengwn9 is - Yes, he needs a particular Russian woman.

Hey, Squirrel_hunter, could you leave our relationship out of public? please!

Please guys, don't pay attention to him, he is a bit crazy.

Maine Surfer
14-12-2004, 11:54
Originally posted by Squirrel_Hunter
Curious and new to this thread... I met a young lady state side while attending law school. She ended up being an exchange student from Kazan - blond hair and blue eyes, with an accent to kill for... Above anything else - she was as smart as anybody in the class - and we were the best of the best when it came to selection...
I am curious - for those of you who are over there, are they demanding? Are they warm or are they cold towards Americans? I am just curious - thinking about going over with my compay Accenture...

Dude, don't move to Russia. It's a liability really. You know, Russian girls aren't that pretty, very demanding, very cold towards Americans, mean in general, not stylish, don't care of their looks and isregard personal hygene.
Since you are the best of the best, you stay where you are. And don't take your nice company Accenture here; it will be in great danger as Russian girls are very demanded, remember? Business climate isn't that good, they throw people to jail you know.
You'll be in danger here since there are plenty of wild bears roam Moscow streets that somehow hunt for Americans, there are long bread lines, well you get the pic.

And one more reason you shouldn't come here. There are tons of American soldiers in Moscow and Russian girls don't like them and most wild ones try to kill Americans on sight. Sad...

Really, not a good country for the best of the best

allice
14-12-2004, 11:57
Squirrel_Hunter, all Russian girls are demanding. They will make you pay for their dinners and drinks. So you better have a platinum visa. But the good part is that Russian women are easy and obedient and very homely. Most I know want to have a nice big family of 2-12 children. The downside of this however is that they get real fat as they age. So you better find someone at least 20 years younger then you are and don't let her eat too much. Feel free to pm me for more advice. I know about Russian women.

Sunstorm
14-12-2004, 11:59
Maine.... go have your lunch.

yankee@moscow
14-12-2004, 12:00
Women are mostly the same everywhere. Once you meet them and have a relationship with them, everything else goes out the window. I wouldn't stereotype any woman that I have a relationship with as a "fill in the blank". That is foolhardy and shortsighted. I know many Russian women, and I wouldn't put any of them under one classification just as you wouldn't put all American women under one classification.

Hope that helps!:)

Maine Surfer
14-12-2004, 12:08
Originally posted by allice
But the good part is that Russian women are easy and obedient and very homely

HOMELY??????????? Alice, you OK? They are on the opposite from homely; I'd say they are very pretty

Filimon
14-12-2004, 12:13
Funny, I also met a girl the other day: beautiful blue-eyed blonde, can't remember which part of Tatarstan she was from,...her father is a an oil billionaire....well, she told me that she spent some time studying in the States and asked me what I knew about Americans. You see, she met that American bloke, very clingy. She kinda liked him but wanted to know how demanding the Americans are, how cold or warm they are to Russian women. She was thinking about bringing him over to work in her company's Moscow office which she runs.

:p

allice
14-12-2004, 12:13
Originally posted by Maine Surfer
HOMELY??????????? Alice, you OK? They are on the opposite from homely; I'd say they are very pretty

so a woman now cannot be pretty and homely?? great! :mad:

allice
14-12-2004, 12:14
Filimon --- CLASS!!! :D

85StoneWhiteFurball
14-12-2004, 12:14
Homely has come to mean physically unattractive; perhaps the word you are looking for is domestic.

Maine Surfer
14-12-2004, 12:15
am I missing something? homely is opposite of beautiful. homely=ugly. So I think a girl cannot be pretty and ugly at same time :confused:

Sidney Bliss
14-12-2004, 12:16
am I missing something?

Yes you are. The plot.

Maine Surfer
14-12-2004, 12:18
Shut up Bliss. You ain't funny

allice
14-12-2004, 12:18
domestic :D he he

Filimon
14-12-2004, 12:20
domestic :D he he

As opposed to wild.... wild cat, yeah, baby :D

Maine Surfer
14-12-2004, 12:22
more like domesticated :)

Sidney Bliss
14-12-2004, 12:28
Shut up Bliss. You ain't funny

Not compared to a comedy colossus such as yourself, no. No way.

Maine Surfer
14-12-2004, 12:37
In this case, you ain't funny even compared to a comedy colossus such as myself, no. No way. ;)

pengwn9
14-12-2004, 12:51
Thread hijack alert!!

Sidney, watch yourself.....you know the rules.

jchidg1
14-12-2004, 18:10
Dear Squirel Hunter, there are loads of women who am I sure would be a match for your innate sensitivity, charm and tact. They can exist on air alone and have "made in Taiwan" stamped across their bottoms.

Shatneresque
14-12-2004, 18:22
Originally posted by 85StoneWhiteFurball
perhaps the word you are looking for is domestic.

What about "homey"?

capone
14-12-2004, 18:22

Accenture will pay you enough to live like a king here. Those guys get out of work at about 10, though - so don't expect to be able to have a 'real' relationship. Do it anyway - always helps to be at the top of the corporate food chain. Learn Russian and you'll be fine if you don't look too Mediterranean - for some reason they have it in for dark skin here. My Italian buddy gets stopped by the pint-sized cops all the time. (Is it just me, or are the metro cops all about 5' tall?)

kazachka
14-12-2004, 19:34
Now, I know I will get hassled about this, but it is what I have been told many times, Russian men (not all) don;t tend to treat their women well, sometimes ignoring totally their needs.

AHEM........
:o ;) Umm there are exceptions to that rule:agree:
Not all of them drink and smoke either!
Nah I won't hassle ya too much there are good ppl and A-holes everywhere.

WillsRN
14-12-2004, 19:39
Squirrel_Hunter, all Russian girls are demanding. They will make you pay for their dinners and drinks. So you better have a platinum visa. But the good part is that Russian women are easy and obedient and very homely. Most I know want to have a nice big family of 2-12 children. The downside of this however is that they get real fat as they age. So you better find someone at least 20 years younger then you are and don't let her eat too much. Feel free to pm me for more advice. I know about Russian women.

OK dude, yes Russian women are demanding but just remember this timeless phrase: "To those who much is demanded, much is given"
I have a Russian beauty (blond hair, blue eyes and killer accent) of Tatar descent who loves me as much as any woman can love a man. She is many years my junior, she doesn't care about my money or getting a passport to America.
The days of scamming lonely or stupid Americans for Russian girlfriends is definitely over but a woman of quality recognizes a man of quality everytime no matter which country or century you are in.
BTW mine works out in the gym to keep her body toned "Just for Me" and I will be fat before her.

capone
14-12-2004, 19:54
There are plenty of gold-diggers in NYC, too... here they tend to date older New Russians or thugs with dubious sources of income and know little 'on' English besides what they pick up from FashionTV.

In Moscow I've found that the women that show the most interest in western men are attracted to western culture (or their perception thereof,) are more well-read and articulate than average girls, use the internet, tend to be middle cl**** and associate with political 'liberals.'

Claude Bottom
14-12-2004, 21:52
Notice I am not contributing to this thread - my Welsh fiancee would kill me ow ow ow owwwww ooooyaaaah ! ;-)

zcyka
15-12-2004, 03:45
Sheesh!

The guy was being complimentary! He was saying that, in his perception (and I'm guessing the school had a reputation), he encountered a competitive group in his classes. This gal from Kazan - and folks from Tatarstan have generally been recognized as being top-shelf people on this forum in the past - competed excellently. All this in a field that's fundamentally based on language and this excellence coming from a person who did not have the benefit of using English natively.

Criminy! Lighten up! Get a life! If you've nothing better than to grab at one thing and put the worst spin on it possible.....

Z

zcyka
15-12-2004, 05:56
Ah, one element that I neglected....

There has been more than one thread and beaucoup postings in the past extolling the heavenly pulchritude of the Tatarstan female. This guy isn’t saying anything that hasn’t already been noted at substantial length previously. I’d say it’s been repeated ad nauseum, except for a very nice lady friend of mine from Leninogorsk, Tatarstan.

Yeah, I noted the several posts that were tongue in cheek and I'm not refering to those or the (slightly) off-topic ones. :)

Go ahead. Flame away. Direct it at me, though, because I'm the one throwing it back at you. Leave the the poor new guy, who's making an effort to be friendly and may not have said something just the way you or I might have said it, alone.

Cheers,

Z

Claude Bottom
15-12-2004, 09:32
It's not flame posting, Zcyka, it's people commenting on the absurd idea that somehow, somewhere, a group of women exist who are somehow far, far better than average - a sort of female El Dorado....... they don't. People are just people, everywhere, regardless of nationality. To claim anything else is just nonsensical, and probably very foolhardy.

Pussy Cat
15-12-2004, 11:58
Originally posted by Claude Bottom
It's not flame posting, Zcyka, it's people commenting on the absurd idea that somehow, somewhere, a group of women exist who are somehow far, far better than average - a sort of female El Dorado....... they don't. People are just people, everywhere, regardless of nationality. To claim anything else is just nonsensical, and probably very foolhardy.

On the other hand there are some features perculiar to some social groups, some national characters etc.

As I heard from American guys their women (American ones) are sometimes too feministic, French girls are usually "charmante", have some salt in them

I also have heard from European and American guys that Russian women are really warm and caring, and supportive to their foreign boy-friends and husbands.. I guess it is really traditional and goes from history. Looks like here they win a competition;)

zcyka
15-12-2004, 15:51

Yeah, I understand that someone with the idea of a nirvana or Valhalla in some other geographic area may indicate that the person has had limited exposure to life outside of their relatively immediate surroundings. My impression is that this may have been the chap’s first exposure, vicariously through this particularly outstanding lass from Kazan, to life outside his present sphere and he’s rather taken by the idea of expanding his horizons much further than he’s ever considered previously.

Having enjoyed your postings for some time, Claude, I suspect that if anyone understands that people are people, you’ve got it down. A number of the folks alluded to that and it bears repeating. If the fellow comes back, I'd urge him to look around and figure that he's likely to find folks elsewhere in the world that are pretty much like the ones he's with presently - but it's fun and interesting to learn how other folks do just fine even though they do things differently than he, you, or I learned to do them in our formative years.

A handful of the posters early on in the thread seemed a bit harsh to me, though. It reminds me of a number of newbies that have been jumped on, over time, from their first posting not clicking right with a few established personalities on the site. Since there’s been a thread elsewhere recently posing the question of how to get more folks to post instead of lurking, etc, I’m trying to draw attention to this. The "jump-on-jack if he’s not already like me" attitude is going to keep lurkers from posting, though, and will long-term result in their visiting the site only infrequently at best. I seriously doubt that most folks would volunteer for getting a whack “upside the head,” like sfj’s cousin would say.

If that’s the overall tone that the site wants to achieve, however, I’ll be happy to back off.

Claude Bottom
16-12-2004, 01:23
Zcyka, I quite agree with you - newbies get jumped on. Happens on Expat - but it happens everywhere. Trouble is with a lot of the "Russian women are the best" crowd is.... they tend to put on the rose tinted glasses and believe the mythology. I know, I *was* one such fella, and I'm still paying the credit card bill off. I was just *wrong* - big time. However. I've been wrong with UK women before..... met the right one this time, though ! ;-)))) Russian women, bless 'em, are just women, good, bad or indifferent - I know what you're saying about the geography of Russia producing communities of people with special characteristics, but - that was probably true some time ago, and with television, radio and Vogue - and books on shoeses for foots and clothers (as my ex used to say (continuously)) - perhaps that Eldorado only exists in places where TV and books don't exist. I feel very sorry for the wide-eyed innocents who believe it does - the world isn't a skazka. Poor sods.

Claude Bottom
16-12-2004, 01:26
Originally posted by Pussy Cat
On the other hand there are some features perculiar to some social groups, some national characters etc.

As I heard from American guys their women (American ones) are sometimes too feministic, French girls are usually "charmante", have some salt in them

I also have heard from European and American guys that Russian women are really warm and caring, and supportive to their foreign boy-friends and husbands.. I guess it is really traditional and goes from history. Looks like here they win a competition;)

Um ! Pretty interesting stuff, Pussycat - OK, there are good and bad people everywhere, and national characteristics are not what someone looks at when they find the right person - if someone is an Eskimo, what matters is who they are, not where they're from, yes ? I think the world is pretty much the same all over now...... yes, I know, I'm not in Kazan or Alma - Ata or Ufa or Voronezh, but........ people are just people.

Nagant Guy
16-12-2004, 07:30
With the internet and easy travel men are no longer limited to their own neighborhoods when looking for a good woman. Because many men find many American women to be undesirable they can look in other parts of the world. Russian women have an advantage over women in many countries by being white.

While people do need to be considered as individuals there are national characteristics that are generally valid. Compared with American women Russia women tend to be better looking, less obese, and better educated. I have met about 200 American man/Russian woman couples in the Dallas area and there are some other things I have noticed that give Russian women an advantage. The ones I have met tend to be less selfish, more devoted to family, and pay more attention to keeping themselves fit. In other words non-feminist. Try reading singles ads for American women and compare to ads for Russian women. Major differences.

Of course the women I met were a rather select group of women. They had met a man who wanted her, passed the visa requirements, passed by most of the oportunities for scamming, actually came to the US, and then married the guy.

This situation may change as Russia becomes more Westernized and Russian schools degrade to Western standards. Both of those I have heard are already happening. Maybe in a few years the majority of Russian women will be fat, lazy, ignorant, and bitchy, but it doesn't seem to be so yet.

am4rw
16-12-2004, 07:51
There is no reason why a person in today's world should be limited to the village they were born in when choosing a mate. Some folks are attracted to those who are 'exotic'. That is their personal choice. Just because a guy ( or girl) meets someone that has qualities that attracts them, and wishes to try to meet a 'soulmate' that is similar to that person doesn't make them - take your pick - a loser, a predator, a fantasizer.

Grow up people! YOUR choices are not everyone else's. I'm sorry if everyone doesn't live up to your expectations of articulateness, but that doesn't mean they're total crap. Or that their motives fit your stereotypes. Give (at least some) people the benefit of the doubt.

Pussy Cat, I agree with you. I guess, in some people's minds, that makes me a bad person.

My Russian wife has many (most) of the qualities of my mother. I haven't found a woman in the U.S. who embodies those qualities and also loves me. I looked. Two failed marriages. So, should I just give up and die? I ended up in Russia by accident, not design.

F**k you all and the mules you rode in on. And to all the men who are living in Moscow and gave this guy a hard time - HYPOCRITES!!!!

capone
16-12-2004, 08:22
What's wrong with a little fantasy? Where I'm from, all of the girls are either prim red-state conservatives or tatooed vegetarians.

tbill
16-12-2004, 09:39
SquirrelHunter,

Since Accenture told my company to drink the koolaid, and they did, I am inclined to feed you a load of BS but I won't. Nagant and capone have it right.

You will have much better odds of meeting a good quality woman over here. Carpe diem.

PS Nagant, I was engaged twice so I managed to dodge a bullet. I do have plenty of friends who got caught in family court hell which is what helped me realize I did not want to be married in the US.

Ned Kelly
16-12-2004, 09:54
Notice I am not contributing to this thread

that was before you pulled that huge bong dave and gained the inspiration to flood us with those pearls of wisdom.

Maine Surfer
16-12-2004, 10:13
Originally posted by am4rw
F**k you all and the mules you rode in on. And to all the men who are living in Moscow and gave this guy a hard time - HYPOCRITES!!!!

It's not WHAT one asks, but HOW one asks

pengwn9
16-12-2004, 14:41
Thats it. I have bitten my tongue till it has a dent in it and Iv'e taken all of this nonsensical gibberish that I can take.

To the highandmighty am4rw (and :sick: to your arrogant PM): You were looking for a wife who was like your mother and you're on your THIRD marraige?!?! Ya know what? Most girls don't want to be your mother. Maybe that's why you've had such a struggle finding a wife as a replacement for mom. Congratulations on finally finding that perfect mom substitute.

To Pussycat:"...Russian women are really caring and supportive of their foreign boy-friends and husbands..." Does that imply that Russian women are NOT caring and supportive of the Russian boy-friends and husbands?? Does that also imply that Chinese women are not caring and supportive, or Mexican women or Canadian women? Where do you get the idea that women from other cultures are not caring and supportive of the men in their lives and that Russian women have a corner on this market? :suspect: I'm quite sure that women the world over have all the same concerns for their men and their families.
P.S. I read in the MT that in Russia in the year 2003 there were 83 divorces for every 100 marraiges. Not a very good statistic in support of your theory.

Nagant Guy: Give us a break! "Russian women Dallas! ]tend to be better looking, less obese....less selfish, more devoted to family and pay more attention to keeping themselves fit. In other words non-feminist." This is beyond outrageous. American women (again!) are as devoted to family as women anywhere (read Russian divorce stat above). One MAJOR difference in American women is that most of them have to work at full time jobs to keep their families going. The cost of living in America and raising a family and making mortgage and car payments virtually requires both spouses to work. And unlike Russia, there is no state subsidized day care, nor usually a handy babushka, to keep the children. And you know what else, dude? Beauty tends to fade in many women as they age and after they've had a couple of kids and spent 15 or 20 years in a desk job. I don't think Russian women are immune to this phenomenon. In fact I know they're not. I've seen PLENTY of Russian women who aren't magazine quality beauties. Oh yeah.

Flame away at me if you like, but you pie-eyed ladsters are in for some real surprises as time goes by. Your wives from whatever country are going to age, and chances are they will gain weight too. That blonde hair will go grey just like yours will. Then what are you going to do? Trade them in for a newer shinier model with a tinier waist and fewer wrinkles? Hum? Reality slaps us all in the face sooner or later.

And to end my tirade, I am obviously an American woman. I have spent the last 20 or so years working and taking care of a husband and household and children. How selfish of me! What was I thinking? I had no idea that Ameircan women were too "feminist" for that. I worked because my job provided health insurance for the entire family. For a pension. Because the bills had to be paid. And I made lunches, and ferried children around, and stuck by a husband who had his worser moments, and dug trench for water pipe, and painted umpteen houses--and I never realized how feminist and selfish I was. Why I could have been at the health club, and the hairdresser and the mall all that time and there I was wasting my time being a feminist.

You guys live in a fantasy world. I hope things work out for ya. Meanwhile, I'm going to get my nails done.....

Claude Bottom
16-12-2004, 14:58
Originally posted by Ned Kelly
that was before you pulled that huge bong dave and gained the inspiration to flood us with those pearls of wisdom.

Ned, no bong is big enough to slow me down for long ! ;-)

polly
16-12-2004, 15:13

FABULOUS!
you pick out all of the negative about american women, and then go on to pick out all of the pearls about Russian women.
As a woman, disregard my nationality for a mo', will ya? As a woman who has lived among and made friends with Russian women, I might note that there is a longer, less positive list of their *stereotypical* traits reiterated not by me, but by their fathers, brothers, uncles and sons *and* many of the foreign (but you mean "Western," don't you?) men with which they consort.

zcyka
16-12-2004, 16:12
Originally posted by polly
FABULOUS!
you pick out all of the negative about american women, and then go on to pick out all of the pearls about Russian women.
As a woman, disregard my nationality for a mo', will ya? As a woman who has lived among and made friends with Russian women, I might note that there is a longer, less positive list of their *stereotypical* traits reiterated not by me etc etc (bit of a snip for brevity)

Ignoring your nationality for the moment :D , you're making a pretty decent point. Strengths (or what have you) can easily turn into liabilities.

Yer alright, Polly, to mention Americans... (taking hat off)

(yeah, sis, I appreciate the balance and I'll give you that stuff on your list for Christmas, just like I promised. ;) ;) )

Polia Ivanova
16-12-2004, 16:22
Originally posted by Nagant Guy
Maybe in a few years the majority of Russian women will be fat, lazy, ignorant, and bitchy, but it doesn't seem to be so yet.

Situation

My husband and I lived happily in our marriage for some time. Later situation deteriorated and although I new that my husband has a private lady friend I assumed that they were just friends. However I discovered that he was spending money on her, not directly, first charging his credit card and then paying from our joint account to his credit card. I don’t know for how long this was going on.

Now we are divorcing and because I earn much more than him I pay every penny of my solicitors fees and he is doing this FOC coz the government provides people with low income “legal aid”.
My solicitors told me that I won’t get any payment in regard of my husband spending our money on another woman without my consent because the court won’t take it into account and it only will consider our financial position after the separation (and I earn more).

Western women selfish????? No they just know the things they shouldn’t do in the partnership. DON’T - Be trusting, be generous, have joint bank account, open your pocket for their partners. DO – if you have money keep your money separately, milk him dry if you don’t have money, it won’t matter during or after the divorce. I didn’t know that and I feel like a fool now. Russian women are just unaware about western Family Law which clearly says to a woman “BE SELFISH”

As for men looking for another mother in their partners it seems to be the case in my marriage. My soon to be ex doesn’t understand that he stepped over the line which no woman would accept. He still doesn’t understand what I made a fuss about. But I am not his mother who forgives everything nasty her son does.

If Russian women turn into the case described in the quote, it will be due to the education, not the contrary...

zcyka
16-12-2004, 16:26
Originally posted by capone
Where I'm from, all of the girls are either prim red-state conservatives or tatooed vegetarians.

So, what's up with that? Are you saying that I’m socially undesirable as a conservative since I’m a tattoed vegetarian?!? :D ;)

Mandatory thread content: Am I understanding that femnists are less fun to spend a quiet evening with?!? :D :D

zcyka
16-12-2004, 16:31
It's not WHAT one asks, but HOW one asks

Solid stuff there, Maine.... I'm with you. It was posed in a way that wasn't in keeping with the territory, but, in keeping with his excitement with the topic, having found this site, registered, etc, the guy apparently didn't lurk long enough to absorb the usual tenor of the house.

polly
16-12-2004, 16:36
Originally posted by Polia Ivanova

Western women selfish????? No they just know the things they shouldn’t do in the partnership. DON’T - Be trusting, be generous, have joint bank account, open your pocket for their partners. DO – if you have money keep your money separately, milk him dry if you don’t have money, it won’t matter during or after the divorce. I didn’t know that and I feel like a fool now. Russian women are just unaware about western Family Law which clearly says to a woman “BE SELFISH”

it just keeps getting better... and the men here call western women bitter!

for what it's worth, poliya, i don't think anyone can have a strong relationship without trust or generosity on the part of both people involved. sorry to hear about your situation.

Sadie
16-12-2004, 16:42
Frankly, I consider it to be a prety strange approach – looking for a partner or wife basing on her nationality. What Pussy Cat said was based I reckon on what women normally hear from foreign BFs. You can’t compare national women’s differences as they simply don’t exsist (in my view). Myths about Russian women do exsist tho, supported by all these marriage and travel agencies and there are shoals of unsettled men caught on them :)

Have to mention – I would beware of those who are intentionally looking for a wife abroad. I reckon these are people who ain’t able to build a normal relationship with their fellow countrywomen and thus not quite socially adapted (not all of them, but vast majority – no doubts). It’s not a secret quite often they are looking for dependant, silent girls, lacking even normal civil rights (at least b4 they become equal citizens and get a good job). Of course they are supportive, these women are – do they have any other choice? Very convenient situation for a man. That’s where these myths take their roots I guess. And there is nothing wrong with american or any other women. If men think so – there is a problem with these men basically.

Kshisya
16-12-2004, 16:48

oooooooooooooh what a lovely one! :hooray:

okay didn't have neither time nor energy to go through the thread but this is my 2 koooooopeeeeeeeek advice :rolleyes:

dear hunter! don't ya even dream of getting closer to a Russian girl!!! :eek: you know Russian girls are all cold, gold diggers, get married with ugly expats and cheat on them with cute Russian men :evilgrin:

:rolleyes: you better stick to your home , find some nice girl with good genes and don't even think of coming here! you'll get frozen on the way :D

PS guys this wind up is not funny! how could you make 4 pages on it???? :rolleyes:

polly
16-12-2004, 16:48
Originally posted by Sadie

Have to mention – I would beware of those who are intentionally looking for a wife abroad. I reckon these are people who ain’t able to built a normal relationship with their fellow countrywomen and thus not quite socially adapted (not all of them, but vast majority – no doubts). It’s not a secret quite often they are looking for dependant, silent girls, lacking even normal civil rights (at least b4 they become equal citizens and get a good job). Of course they are supportive, these women are – do they have any other choice? Very convenient situation for a man. That’s where these myths take their roots I guess. And there is nothing wrong with american or any other women. If men think so – there is a problem with these men basically.

sadie you should have heard some of the conversations i have overheard on planes over here... and i'm not even talking about the guys who are just sort of socially inept. i mean the ones who genuinely hate women (all women) but come all the way over just to get one for the reasons (myths) you list above.

Jet
16-12-2004, 16:56
Well, true that we have PLEEEENTY of beautiful girls, so what? I think it all comes to what the guy really worth, in terms of his character, intellect, heart etc. This sounds hard, but the guy might get what he deserves e.g. "gold diggers", "shit feeders" or whatever

Sadie
16-12-2004, 17:06
cheap
industrious
silent

polly, i don't have to be on a plane, i just have to read this website periodically ;) :D

yeah, forgot to mention - 90% of such marriages fail within 2 years term

Pussy Cat
16-12-2004, 17:07
Originally posted by polly
FABULOUS!
As a woman, disregard my nationality for a mo', will ya? As a woman who has lived among and made friends with Russian women, I might note that there is a longer, less positive list of their *stereotypical* traits reiterated not by me, but by their fathers, brothers, uncles and sons *and* many of the foreign (but you mean "Western," don't you?) men with which they consort.

God, Polly, never wanted to hurt your feelings, believe me:) If frank I never thought that feministic means bad...
As you remeber I was talking about some Western/ American guys opinion on the issue...;) It seems they suffer from something or appriciate something:p

As for Pengwn9 - once again it wasn't me who compared Western girls with Russians as you remember. I just heard it from the guys:)

Anyway, ladies I feel the deepest respect to your national pride and beg my pardon for some misunderstandings:agree:)

85StoneWhiteFurball
16-12-2004, 17:13
>PS guys this wind up is not funny! how could you make 4 pages on it????_________________________________________________

:hooray: (what IS going on here? Not only am I agreeing with K but I am also using emoticons :D).

PS Sadie - I never did know that CIS stands for C heap
I ndustrious S ilent :).

Polia Ivanova
16-12-2004, 17:19
It feels pretty bitter but I should agree with Sadie and confirm that this was my marriage case as well. My husband also wanted some additional income coming with the wife. His only miscalculation was that a highly earning woman will not be submissive and won’t tolerate abuse. I let him know it right after the wedding (to much of his surprise) so he decided to do it hidden way.

How it is almost over but the next problem appears.
And it is very close to the main point of this thread.

Local guys hear my accent and ask me where I am from. I say – from Russia. And ….situation changes. I am not a woman anymore, some sort of a speaking ape. There are so many stereotypes that Russian women are so different that it makes me pissed off just to hear “Where you are from?”. I am no different from other women I think, an accent doesn't make me different so why the perception changes as soon as they hear I am Russian?

Kshisya
16-12-2004, 17:21
:rolleyes:

actually I think that all you ppl have issues with nationalities of the opposite or your own gender AND it is some kind of a sensative spot for you all :p wanna talk about it? tell your doctor Kshisya I will help :nerd:

:D

85StoneWhiteFurball
16-12-2004, 17:23
Originally posted by Kshisya
:rolleyes:

actually I think that all you ppl have issues with nationalities of the opposite or your own gender AND it is some kind of a sensative spot for you all :p wanna talk about it? tell your doctor Kshisya I will help :nerd:

:D

Start the Dr Kshisya thread in Bardak where we can really bare our ...souls...to the good doctor. Besides, Bardak really needs help :)!

polly
16-12-2004, 17:42
God, Polly, never wanted to hurt your feelings, believe me:) If frank I never thought that feministic means bad...

LOL! you didn't hurt my feelings in the least.

zcyka
16-12-2004, 17:43
Originally posted by Polia Ivanova
why the perception changes as soon as they hear I am Russian?

I'm sorry, Polia, that things have turned out as they have for you. Understandably, situations such as you describe and Claude / Dave has noted are anything but fun. I'm glad to hear, however, that things are apparently moving forward and that this chapter will be behind you.

H&K,

Z
(No, guys, that's Hugs & Kisses - NOT Heckler & Koch!)

am4rw
16-12-2004, 18:46
Originally posted by pengwn9
Thats it. I have bitten my tongue till it has a dent in it and Iv'e taken all of this nonsensical gibberish that I can take.

To the highandmighty am4rw (and :sick: to your arrogant PM): You were looking for a wife who was like your mother and you're on your THIRD marraige?!?! Ya know what? Most girls don't want to be your mother. Maybe that's why you've had such a struggle finding a wife as a replacement for mom. Congratulations on finally finding that perfect mom substitute.

I assume you refer to my answer several weeks ago to the nasty PM you sent me? Arrogant because I said I don't want to fight with you? Or arrogant because I said I often don't agree with you?

Yeah, like my mother, who was a MENSA member, teacher, tax accountant, who raised two boys and was a polio survivor. Toughest broad I ever met. Doctor told her that cancer would kill her in 6 months and she lived for 5 years because "I'm not ready to go yet".

As to my marriages, my first wife left me for a man (boy?) 7 years younger than she was because I wasn't "exciting enough". After he dumped her she became a lesbian. We're still friends, and I'm sure that I am the source of all her pain in life. Stupid man.

My second wife finally gave up after fighting MS for 15 years and died on me. Very inconsiderate from my point of view. I so enjoyed the last 5 years when she was housebound and I did all the earning, shopping, cooking, cleaning, and butt-wiping. Sorta gives one perspective on the "for better or worse" thing.

I met my Russian wife professionally. She is a lot like my mom. Working on her Phd currently. I do apologize for depriving Russian men of a mid-thirties (at the time) blue stocking, never married, school teacher. And I do apologize for offending your sensitivities by not fitting into your predjudiced preconceptions.

I just can't figure out which you hate worse, the men who pay more attention to young ladies than they do to you, or the young ladies for being attractive. It seems you have plenty of venom for both.

Nagant Guy
16-12-2004, 19:30

yeah, forgot to mention - 90% of such marriages fail within 2 years term

Really only 2 years? What do you base this on. Again I have met 200 of these couples. I have communicated with over 2000 guys on a mail list. I know many of these couples very well. In 8 years of being involved with this kind of relationship don't you think I would have seen negative results by now. What I have seen is a few guys get scammed before even meeting the woman, a few women who get here and can't take it, and many very happy married couples. A few of the couples I met online did divorce, but that is not the norm. From the 20 or so couples I know very well all are still married. Few have been married more than 5 years (I have been married 7). Maybe at 7 years or 10 years there will be a higher divorce rate, but for now not even 10% divorced overall and of the ones I know personally no divorces.

This is not just some romantic dream. It isn't some garbage I read from a angency website. This is real. I have lived it and I have helped friends with this.

You must have gotten your view of us from bad movies and TV shows, tabloid news, and meeting a few of the very real geeks on a plane or lost in the city. They are there, but a small minority.

Ned Kelly
16-12-2004, 20:43

Ned Kelly
16-12-2004, 20:45

Sadie
16-12-2004, 20:47
”You must have gotten your view of us from bad movies and TV shows, tabloid news, and meeting a few of the very real geeks on a plane or lost in the city.”
Unlike you I checked statistics instead of presenting subjective experience as a tendency. And I was speaking of Mail-Order-Brides stuff and similar cases only, not international marriages in general.

“Again I have met 200 of these couples. I have communicated with over 2000 guys on a mail list”. “From the 20 or so couples I know very well all are still married”.
#1 you have a special liking for “2” number as I see
#2 come back with your smashing speech when you ask the rest 180. So far you perfectly fit my figures. Ur figures are a mess btw have to notice.

Nagant, it’s not the garbage you took from an agency website, you are simply into it.

Nagant Guy
16-12-2004, 21:43
Sadie, where did you get those figures? "Mail Order Bride" isn't really an accurate term as very few brides are actually purchased by sending a check for her and then having her delivered by the postal system. The couples I am talking about were Russian women who placed an online ad or ad in a magazine and the men who responded to those ads, then applied for and received a K1 visa. I know too many good marriages and too few bad ones to believe the 2 year/90% statement. Sounds like something someone just made up.

As for the number 2, the mail list I subscribed to stated that they had 2000 members, I totaled up all the couples I remembered meeting and it was around 200, I added up all the couples I know well and it is about 20. These are all estimates that just happened to be a number starting with 2. Let me give you another one.... 2 of my 12 employees are married to Russian women they met this way. There are 4 of us at my workplace and that is 2 squared! 2 of my employees married women from South East Asia. 2 others would never even consider this because they are women.

I will see how many more couples pass the 2 year mark when we get together for are spring AM/RW picnics. There are usually 2 of those each spring.

Sadie
16-12-2004, 21:52
Nagant, I am 2 married 2 a foreigner and let's finish with this 4 2day - we both :p

lyndsay
16-12-2004, 22:03
specifically special about the Russian woman, but there is something very specific regarding the expat male......

:eek:

Kshisya
17-12-2004, 01:13
I am 2 married 2
ah! :eek: 2? :eek:...and 2? :suspect: 2 tea to 22?? ;)

and didn't tell??????????????????????????????????? :eek: a salatiki???????????????????????????????????!!!!! :mad:

zasranka ! :p

Claude Bottom
17-12-2004, 01:16
This thread is all based on ridiculous assumptions and categorisations which don't exist in the real world. OK, let's furthermore assume that all redheads are fiery, that all blondes are dim, that big boobs are better and that life is always greener on the other side of the street. You should love your partner for who he or she is - anything else is just "attraction"- or lust. Ain't love. Bong again, Ned - knee jerk reaction ! ;-)

lucytupper
17-12-2004, 04:00
I feel a story coming on! Mind working overtime to somehow rephrase what we have all heard before - many times!

Sadie
17-12-2004, 07:17
ah! :eek: 2? :eek:...and 2? :suspect: 2 tea to 22?? ;)

and didn't tell??????????????????????????????????? zasranka ! :p
I wanted first, but then we didn't know where to post it: in the Information or Cultural Events folder :eh: :nut: :D

sfjohns67
17-12-2004, 09:31
Originally posted by zcyka
...Are you saying that I’m socially undesirable as a conservative since I’m a tattoed vegetarian?!? And are you saying you have tattoos? :cool:

Kshisya
17-12-2004, 12:17
I wanted first, but then we didn't know where to post it: in the Information or Cultural Events folder :eh: :nut: :D

:rolleyes: vatever! now you are sponsoring salads, so there! :p

allice
17-12-2004, 12:39
:rolleyes: vatever! now you are sponsoring salads, so there! :p

Sadie & Ned Kelly - Congratilations! :) I will do a better job on Sunday. :)

Sunstorm
17-12-2004, 12:56
Sadie & Ned Kelly - Congratilations! :) I will do a better job on Sunday. :)

WOAW.... DOesn't this news deserve a separate thread? ::agree: :agree: :agree:

zcyka
17-12-2004, 15:30
Originally posted by sfjohns67
And are you saying you have tattoos? :cool:

Yeah, but not nearly to the extent that your old avatar showed!

Irena
17-12-2004, 16:26
>Local guys hear my accent and ask me where I am from. I say – >from Russia. And ….situation changes. I am not a woman >anymore, some sort of a speaking ape. There are so many >stereotypes that Russian women are so different that it makes >me pissed off just to hear “Where you are from?”. I am no >different from other women I think, an accent doesn't make me >different so why the perception changes as soon as they hear I >am Russian?

Polina,

I think the most British are still seized with the cold war syndrome, that’s my explanation to some inadequate attitude towards everything Russian and ex-Soviet plus a very little knowledge about our ex-country ( I live not far from you in Lancashire).
It’s very sad to read about your unhappy marriage..
Unfortunately I must agree with many people on site – many Russian women have deserved the disrespectable attitude by offering themselves in bulk on the numerous mail order bride sites.
Irena

Claude Bottom
17-12-2004, 17:06
Irena, we hardy Lancastrians think the world ends at Burnley. :D

DJ Biscuit
17-12-2004, 17:13
I spent a week in Burnley one day. :D

Irena
17-12-2004, 17:30
Oh, Lancaser is a very pretty town !
Burnley ? What about Clitheroe or Garstang ? We have some really strange places' names in Lancashire, I wonder where they come from...

Polia Ivanova
17-12-2004, 23:23
Originally posted by Irena

Polina,
I live not far from you in Lancashire).
Irena

My M23 still pops up as Lancashire. I know it is far away to Lake District which is also Lancashire but it is Lancashire.

I wasn’t offering myself on mail order sites – it was western singles sites with properly paid membership and so on. And before I married I spent many weeks of holidays with my ******* and I always paid for tickets and expenses. One can look good if he plans deceiving. Although I am still thinking that it was this personal lady-friend of his that appeared some time after our marriage who did the damage.

**** happens and the good thing about it that I have reassessed the situation and instead of tragic one it looks promising one. I am free – I can take any road, screw anyone who doesn’t mind, eat anything without somebody commenting “what about your diet?” and don’t give a f**k about anything really. I am turning English.

I never thought though that “freedom” means “I don’t care”. But that is how I see it now.

plastique
18-12-2004, 00:15
This thread is all based on ridiculous assumptions and categorisations which don't exist in the real world. OK, let's furthermore assume that big boobs are better

So you guys have been lying to us! Woo Hoo! I can cancel the surgery and save myself a few thousand bucks!!!!

YEA!!!

85StoneWhiteFurball
18-12-2004, 00:22
Was it Broadmoor Bob who used to say that a big boob is a guy who thinks DD is the letter after D in the alphabet? ;) ;) ;)

In any case, only big boobs are obsessed with breast size - real men are far more concerned with the (figurative ;))warmth and size of the heart which beats inside a woman's chest as opposed to the width and cup size of the twin appendages which protrude from said chest ;).

Leslie Presley
18-12-2004, 00:33
Originally posted by 85StoneWhiteFurball
Was it Broadmoor Bob who used to say that a big boob is a guy who thinks DD is the letter after D in the alphabet? ;) ;) ;)

In any case, only big boobs are obsessed with breast size - real men are far more concerned with the (figurative ;))warmth and size of the heart which beats inside a woman's chest as opposed to the width and cup size of the twin appendages which protrudes from said chest ;).

<Stop posting stuff like that outside Bardak - Admin>

Claude Bottom
18-12-2004, 16:52
The title of the thread is "Liability - falling in love with a Russian". Perhaps one way to look at it is that if she truly falls in love with you, it's not a liability - it's mutual love and respect. Nationality is the secondary question here. Love between any two people is a two way process. So the question is rather one of "How likely am I to meet some (Russian) lady and fall in love with her, and vice versa ? " Hm, been there before. Didn't work. Got the real thing now with someone who's not Russian - but it doesn't really matter if she'd been Polish, Swedish or an eskimo. You can definitely fall in lust with a Russian women, a lot of them are stunning - are we therefore asking "How gullible am I ? " :D

DPG
18-12-2004, 17:08
Got the real thing now

Playing the Devil's advocate I may be, -but-, did you not think that it was the "real thing" with your Russian ex as well??

[Damn, and I swore that I wouldn't get involved in this thread!]

Claude Bottom
18-12-2004, 17:16
:D Yep, sure did, DPG - however, I was just.......... wrong. Damn, he said it ! This time, definitely, definitely right. The difference is that we're both head over heels in love. Last time, Dave here was playing white knights. Probably knew a year or so in that I was being used, but got emotionally trapped. This IS one of the risks with "a certain type of Russian woman", but considering that UK girls had done it to me before, it's not really a case of nationality. No regrets, I moved on, still love Russian culture, customs, and Russian people - I just made a mistake. This time, no mistake - we get spliced in July !! ;-) Love is always a two way street, and we've got a motorway this time. ;-)))

DPG
18-12-2004, 17:30
Good for you!!

Smurfette
18-12-2004, 19:57
If somebody has said this earlier I appologise but isn't falling in love with anyone a bit of a risk? It's never going to be safe and guarenteed no matter what the nationality. Yes it's going to require more effort if you don't happen to live in the same place but then thats true of many things not just love.
Anyhow each time you fall in love you have to believe it's the real thing otherwise how can you be in love with them.

Love hurts a hell of a lot when it goes wrong, but think of all the things you gained from that relationship and everything you learnt and take that in to the next relationship to make it even better. I truely don't believe you only fall in love once, what you feel as love changes as you get older anyhow, I've loved a few guys but each at very different stages of my life so I don't think I can compare from one to the next. I can only learn from it.

Shatneresque
18-12-2004, 20:07
D*mn, that's profound!

Leslie Presley
18-12-2004, 20:41
:D Yep, sure did, DPG - however, I was just.......... wrong. Damn, he said it ! This time, definitely, definitely right. The difference is that we're both head over heels in love. Last time, Dave here was playing white knights. Probably knew a year or so in that I was being used, but got emotionally trapped. This IS one of the risks with "a certain type of Russian woman", but considering that UK girls had done it to me before, it's not really a case of nationality. No regrets, I moved on, still love Russian culture, customs, and Russian people - I just made a mistake. This time, no mistake - we get spliced in July !! ;-) Love is always a two way street, and we've got a motorway this time. ;-)))

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Good news Dave!

'There is nothing nobler or more admirable than when two people who see eye to eye keep house as man and wife, confounding their enemies and delighting their friends.'

~ Homer ~

am4rw
18-12-2004, 21:59
You're awful smart for being so young. Hat's off to you, young lady!

Yeah, love hurts so good. And for all of its pitfalls and problems, beats the hell out of being lonely.

Claude Bottom
18-12-2004, 22:23
Folks, thanks ! What nice comments, and - Smurfette, I agree with you totally. "Great endeavours require great risk" - luckily, we're sure (so sure we can't explain it !! ) - falling in love is always risky as you can never tell what the future will be - but without love, ain't much of a future, is it ? ;) Good luck to everyone who goes looking, regardless of nationality !

Leslie Presley
19-12-2004, 00:31
In REAL love you want the other person's good. In romantic love, you want the other person.

Looks like you have the REAL thing Dave!

stefania2003
20-12-2004, 01:46
What a nice definition of love by Leslie!
And CONGRATS to Dave....wish you so much happiness and love in your future married life;))))

Claude Bottom
20-12-2004, 01:54
Thanks very much, folks !! ;-) From both of us. Been together five months, now - and we're looking forwards to spending the rest of a happy life together. ;-)))))))) Never been happier - both of us - and I doubt it could get better, but we'll give it our best shot. ;-)) It is NEVER a liability to fall in love with someone - regardless of nationality - so long as they fall in love with you in return. And getting there makes all the failures, disappointments and plain idiotic mistakes all worthwhile. ;-)

Irena
20-12-2004, 13:35
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Polia Ivanova
[B]My M23 still pops up as Lancashire. I know it is far away to Lake District which is also Lancashire but it is Lancashire.

Lake District is about an hours drive from me, but it's Cumbria.

>I wasn’t offering myself on mail order sites – it was western singles sites with properly paid membership and so on. And before I married I spent many weeks of holidays with my *******
I wasn’t personal about anybody, only expressed my opinion, I just was too lazy to write a separate posting.

Irena