new I phone 3G S or the new HTC diamond 2

tequilabangbang
11-09-2009, 13:10
well i hate iphone so i say go with the htc

annakuznetsova
11-09-2009, 19:20
comparison which phone to get?

new I phone 3G S or the new HTC diamond 2

The iphone 3G is definitely the best phone for just general use.

mattology
14-09-2009, 10:11
well i hate iphone so i say go with the htc

What an unqualified posting.

At least you could say why go for HTC and why not for iPhone.

It all depends on your personal preference and usage. I'd personally go for the 3Gs (have it myself), and wouldn't want to exchange it for anything else due to speed, usability, easy to synchronize, thousand of applications available for easy installation, beautiful design.

gnicolas
26-09-2009, 22:29
Philips x500 is really good

tgma
28-09-2009, 18:22
I think it depends on how you will use it. Do you do a lot of email? Do you take a lot of pictures with your phone? Do you do a lot of mobile browsing? Are you a Mac person or a PC person or a Linux person? All of these are important factors.

If you are just going to use it for phoning and texting, then maybe neither of those phones is for you. I can tell you that I have an iPhone, and it gives me good enough email functionality, although I might think about getting a phone with a QWERTY keyboard if I was planning on writing a lot of emails outside the office. It also has not bad browsing, and some nice little programmes that give you access to web content via special portals (Bloomberg, Reuter's, Vedomosti). Plus lots of games and other applications, although a lot of these will eventually be ported to the Android platform.

But in general, it's very hard to say until we know more about you and how you use a phone.

Adieu
29-09-2009, 00:54
Iphones are for 17yos looking to impress chicks with conspicuous consumption, but too young to drive flashy cars. Bugger that...

Kraven Morehead
29-09-2009, 03:58
I am in same boat, but I decided I can wait until the 4G phones are out in March.
I am leaning towards a blackberry, but I like the apps that Iphone has and you can change your keyboard from Russian to English at moment.

Prob with the Iphone is that THEY are the only one who will replace your battery if it is done and security.
Blackberry is all about security and even has told Russia Government to stuff it when they asked for technology to monitor the phones texts.

I would get an Itouch if you want Iphone like apps and a Blackberry for secured email (when the 4G comes out).

vodnistadion
29-09-2009, 10:05
Forget the Apple hysteria and go for Nokia N97 :)

kapione
29-09-2009, 14:27
Apple is a good phone+ a good product, but very expensive

you can get the Nokia 5800X it does a lot for much less money
the N95 8gig is a fine phone and too, drawback it is a slider ,more moving part ,more likely for failure
The new N97 is awkward to use ,and expensive, but a bigscreen... it isnt a 1 hand phone for quick smsing/mms..... it opens again moving parts will break

If you are on a budget look at Samsung Jet , there is a very similar model ,same design and dont forget the new DUOS , they are not bad , I bought my wife one

FatAndy
30-09-2009, 11:39
I'm not agree about moving parts... My wife uses Nokia E75 (side slider) for several months and I don't expect problems as device has good steel mechanism. At the same time my daughter uses Motorola v220 which is plastic for several years already and everything works fine. So there should be two components together - good construction/materials and accuracy while using to have "longlife of rock-n-roll" ;)

kapione
30-09-2009, 11:43
Andy I do not agree,slider or folding phones wear badly....and their prone to the wiringloom to have their soldered connections come loose and fail.... usually you will have troubles with your display screenand the more solid the material a phone is when it sustains a drop especially on a solid surface , the "stronger" metal phones transmits the shock to the components more sound/shock waves travel more effeciently through solids

FatAndy
30-09-2009, 12:21
OK, let's wait and see ;)