PDA

View Full Version : West Part of Moscow, best neighbourhood ?

William 26
07-09-2009, 19:48
Hai,

Soon I will be living in Moscow and I am looking for a nice place to live.
Can anybody recommend me a specific neighbourhood ?
It must be on the West Side, since I will be commuting to Istra, outside Moscow.

I will be renting a small apartment, preferably in a lively, green, safe area with some shops, restaurants etc and young people around.

Thx

is4fun
07-09-2009, 19:54
Hai,

Soon I will be living in Moscow and I am looking for a nice place to live.
Can anybody recommend me a specific neighbourhood ?
It must be on the West Side, since I will be commuting to Istra, outside Moscow.

I will be renting a small apartment, preferably in a lively, green, safe area with some shops, restaurants etc and young people around.

Thx

How far west from the center? This is a big city... :) How do you plan to commute and where to?

Bels
07-09-2009, 20:08
I am 25 km west of Moscow and it's difficult for me to commute to Moscow, especially If I worked as an EFL teacher where most of my time would have been in the evening upto 9pm. By the time I got to the Moledosniya bustop there would be no buses for me.

Now by comparison you will be working out in the sticks, about 40km North west of Moscow. I suggest you find a flat in the village or nearby you will be working in. There will no commutig to Moscow centre for you, not even western Moscow. Especially in our snowy -40 winters here.

Bels
07-09-2009, 20:24
I'm going to the practice area soon to find out how you can best exhibit these very useful google maps.

For now this is the link which should show you where Moscow is to your area of work in Istra. I really do suggest that you don't commute from Moscow west. Do not get confused with west moscow and the western and Northern western region. Many do, including Russians.

Sorry it didn'tsave on specific route.

CLICK HERE: Google Maps (http://maps.google.ru/maps?hl=en&tab=wl)

Carl
07-09-2009, 23:45
I’d have to agree with Bels… If you’re going to be working in Istra, you might want to just stay in Istra. If you not deterred by the commute, check out the Sokol/Polezhaevskaya areas. I’ve called this area home for the last 15 years and wouldn’t move to another Moscow neighborhood if you paid me. Very green, good infrastructure, easy access to the center, airport and Novorizhskoye highway which takes you towards Istra. Strogino might also be worth a look.. Just my 2 cents..

Bels
08-09-2009, 00:02
Same here. Im not so far ad considered to be living in a much wealthier area where the Oligarchs live, and in so doing our basic flat values are as high as they are ai Moscow centre. Not great if want to work in Moscow cetre though, but we do enjoy fresh air , forests, countryside, and a clean river which a city such as Moscow doesn't have. That's what I really do love about here. However I do fret when there are many more customers in Moscow than I have here, and the number of customers who call me me from Moscoe west and I caot help them. Obviously population volume and income comes from mainstream Moscow. This makes it a very difficult decision, moscow main or the western region of Moscow. An argument I often make with my Russian wife, as she prefers the clean air, forests and this life compared to the Moscow city life. And she was born a city Moscowvite.

tzaritsa
08-09-2009, 00:31
If you would like to stay in Moscow metro Tushinskaya area will be more convinuent.By car,by bus(goes to Istra every 20 min)or electrichka 40min-1hour.Or at Krasnogorsk or Nakhabino-by car or electrichka to Istra.

Bels
08-09-2009, 00:51
Well ok. Western region of Moscow is the best neighbourhood in Moscow. I totally agree. Gor me it si a twety miute bus route which might take 2 hours by heavy trafic or road closures. But who cares we are in Russia after all. And I am onlt alking about 25km west of Moscow. Not 40km north west.

Nika0077
08-09-2009, 09:14
if you have a car, the best residentional zone is Krilatskoe, there is very good park there and by metro not very far from the centre.
Cheers

1mage
02-12-2009, 16:38
Or may be Novie Cheremuwki, Voroncovskie prudi - there is a great park with restaurant and highlevel supermarket near by

Benedikt
04-12-2009, 08:44
I’d have to agree with Bels… If you’re going to be working in Istra, you might want to just stay in Istra. If you not deterred by the commute, check out the Sokol/Polezhaevskaya areas. I’ve called this area home for the last 15 years and wouldn’t move to another Moscow neighborhood if you paid me. Very green, good infrastructure, easy access to the center, airport and Novorizhskoye highway which takes you towards Istra. Strogino might also be worth a look.. Just my 2 cents..

..sorry i do not want to discourage you but renting in Strogino really will cost
you an arm and a leg.
a friend is renting, one room flat, nothing fancy,no tv,no washing machine, 10 000 rubles a month. and he is russian..Strogino is being considered one of the best districts in Moscow. And prices are just going up. Never mind the crisis or whatever. You MIGHT considering renting a room first,and take it from there. But transport out to Istra will be hard, and as said, special in winter.
(We live now nearly 10 years in Strogino)

Kangaroo495
04-12-2009, 10:14
I know it's an old thread, but I wanted to add my two cents anyway. I've lived in a few areas including the West of Moscow.

I would say that BY FAR the best area of Moscow in terms of affordability, infrastructure, atmosphere and just general peace and quiet is by metro Bratislavskaya.

"Bratislavskaya?" you say? I know it sounds weird, as the Lyublino and Marino areas are pretty ugly... However, the area around Bratislavskaya is somewhat new. No Soviet buildings at all, no poor people, LOTS of parks, LOTS of shops, LOTS of schools. Will never live anywhere else I think.

nevahmind
17-01-2010, 18:19
Bratislavskaya is a South district of Moskva... city purification plants are nearby... And this damn circle square doubles the impression of aerodrome distances:voodoo:

There are some underestimated places in the beginning of West - Bagrationovskaya, Filevskiy Park, or even small suburb between Shmidtovskiy and Zvenigorodskoe shosse could be quite fancy. Both in 5-bucks-taxi distance from 1905 metro, if you don't drive...

nbogaard
19-01-2010, 09:34
I would recommend Mitino. You are far enough outside Moscow proper that commuting out to Istra shouldn't be a problem and, if you want to come in to Moscow, you can take the Metro from Mitino. Good luck!