PDA

View Full Version : female english teachers with kids experience

khan001
07-09-2009, 17:57
hi folks- really looking for female english teacher with experience with kids down to pre-school age. pref. uk, us, or aus..look forward to hearing from you..)

Bels
07-09-2009, 19:01
I am very successful in the Western Ruza area of Moscow, and have a classroom in Gorki 10. I currently have 25 pupils enrolled and there are many more currently making enquiries. But I'm not a female, yet I have done very well here in the past five years.

In fact about 50% of primary teachers in Britain are male.

Will
07-09-2009, 22:38
I sent you a pm bels, have a look.

back on topic, I'm a man too, even have a beard.
Sorry

Bels
07-09-2009, 22:43
Well I really do hope I am on topic. Also where is your PM as I haven't received it yet. I have no disregard to you you if you wish to tell me in public, as for the moment I don't imagine it to be needed to be confidential.

Bels
07-09-2009, 22:53
Let us not forget that this post has been made publicly on the teachers' public discussion forum, it has not been made on the private advertising section. Therefore open for discussion :) Some of us might remember that this folder was opened by an administrator for that particular reason.

Tired obviously of wrong comments made in the past lessons section. This particular folder has been made open for free comments of teachers and how they feel. This folder belongs to teachers. However interested enquiries from others such as this poster are most welcome, but by doing so they should accept open criticism. I fthey don,t want open criticism, plus or minus, then they should to the appropriate advertising section.

nyinrussia
08-09-2009, 09:37
Bels,
Just one point many times in Russia even on this siteI have seen adds asking particularly for a male British English teacher. So tell me why are you making a big deal about someone looking for a female native speaker? However, I do agree with you that male or female if you know how to you can teach kids...

Bels
08-09-2009, 09:51
Perhaps it's because it's illegal to be sexist or age-ist in Britain when seeking personel, and because that in Russia they are open to abuse such rules. Let's say it's a matter of principle.

nyinrussia
08-09-2009, 16:05
Like I said I agree but my point is you were offended by the ad stating female, where as usually the ads state male. Again no one previously challenged there ads, because it is Russia..not Britian or the States.

Will
09-09-2009, 11:05
Well I really do hope I am on topic. Also where is your PM as I haven't received it yet. I have no disregard to you you if you wish to tell me in public, as for the moment I don't imagine it to be needed to be confidential.

I was referring to myself having gone off topic bels, and there was no skulduggery in the choice of pm, merely the usual wish to not burden other posters with what doesn't affect them
No offence meant nor taken.

Bels
09-09-2009, 16:17
Like I said I agree but my point is you were offended by the ad stating female, where as usually the ads state male. Again no one previously challenged there ads, because it is Russia..not Britian or the States.

No offence was taken. I consider adverts seeking personnel that states sex, age or racial discrimination to be unacceptable in any country nowadays. Of course there are some rare exceptions, but this isn't one of them.

Viola
09-09-2009, 20:10
May be they're looking for a teacher for a Moslem girl? It's only a guess :confused:

Bels
09-09-2009, 20:27
May be they're looking for a teacher for a Moslem girl? It's only a guess :confused:

I would have no arguments with that one. However it is intersting to not that such adverts, even a classified such as written could not be printed in a British newspaper. The newspaper would probably suggest a more subtle approach. Such as lessons required by a family for a young muslim girl. Hence message taken.

lovelycynthia83
04-10-2009, 16:26
sir/mdm

im a malaysian origin hindu currently doin medicine in moscow. coming from the background of english speaking home environment and comfortable zone with children especially pre-preschooler. offering to teach english for reasonable price.please do contac if you are interested or incase of any further inquiry

Bels
04-10-2009, 16:48
Looks like the perfect applicant. Are you classified as a native English speaker?

Bluebird
05-10-2009, 11:35
I would have no arguments with that one. However it is intersting to not that such adverts, even a classified such as written could not be printed in a British newspaper. The newspaper would probably suggest a more subtle approach. Such as lessons required by a family for a young muslim girl. Hence message taken.

There are many things here, which companies get away with, which they could not in the UK or most other western countries...like sacking entire teams of teachers; without due notice nor reason. And not only dismissing them - to add insult to injury - not paying them either:

A) The money already owed to them.

B) Not paying any kind of moral compensation.

C) Delaying payment of salaries on time. Of course, some "dodgy" educational (non-state) establishments now even use this "crisis" as a perfect excuse for delaying payment of salaries.

D) It is now illegal (as from 1st January this year) in the UK, as I understand, to ask one's age, when applying for a job and it is not now necessary to disclose DOB on one's CV/Resume - as that is now tantamount to age discrimination and is wholly punishable with a very heavy fine and moral compensation to the victim of such a line of questioning.