PDA

View Full Version : your valuable advice

Margo
04-09-2009, 01:01
Dear English teachers!
I need your valuable advice!. Yesterday we had a birthday-drinking party with unexpected consequence: we decided that we badly need improving the level of English speaking skills in the team.
We are a team of about 30-35 software developers, we work with english-speaking people, participate in conference calls, so it is vital to speak and to understand. Individual level of English vary from intermediate to advanced.
So, what could be the better way - hire one teacher for fulltime so that he/she will give lessons for all levels. Or may be better to find several teachers.
And what could be the rates?
Lessons supposed to take place in our office - North-West of Moscow.
Appreciate you answers and comments.

Bels
04-09-2009, 12:57
Dear English teachers!
I need your valuable advice!. Yesterday we had a birthday-drinking party with unexpected consequence: we decided that we badly need improving the level of English speaking skills in the team.
We are a team of about 30-35 software developers, we work with english-speaking people, participate in conference calls, so it is vital to speak and to understand. Individual level of English vary from intermediate to advanced.
So, what could be the better way - hire one teacher for fulltime so that he/she will give lessons for all levels. Or may be better to find several teachers.
And what could be the rates?
Lessons supposed to take place in our office - North-West of Moscow.
Appreciate you answers and comments.

I personaly think it would be best if your staff were broken up into small groups of 8-10 students. Why not aim for something worthwhile such as a Cambridge intermediate , advanced or Proficiency course, where by at the end of the course you can take examinations and receive a worthwhile certificate proving your true level of the English language.

Margo
04-09-2009, 17:54
That's for sure we will be broken into small groups depending on level and other preferences.
My question was - is it possible for teacher to work like full time with different levels.
The idea of having teacher in the office is obvious - it safes much time for traveling and could be cheaper, I guess.
I don't think any certification at least it is for personal decision. Now we badly need to up conversation skills - comprehension section :)

Bels
04-09-2009, 19:13
An excellent idea, and perfect for the private teacher. And considering the number of office groups in Moscow I am surprised that private teachers living in mainstream Moscow have not tried to take advantage of this great market. Perhaps office staff groups prefer to be ripped off by contacting the larger schools or agents.

Enquiries such as this should be encouraged, and I would think be most welcome by private teachers here.