PDA

View Full Version : Applying for a Business visa outside your country of citizenship

doirebhoy1981
02-09-2009, 12:02
Does anyone know if this is possible?

Ive been getting conflicting information online. Im in Ukraine and waiting for my invitation for a Business visa to arrive but ive just read that it is not possible to apply for a visa outside your country of citisenship

Can anyone help?

Andy B
02-09-2009, 12:54
I believe it is the country that you are officially allowed to stay in (and not your citizenship). For example, I am British but have a Malaysian work permit, so I can get my visa in Malaysia.

I also think it depends on the Embassy and that some are more flexible than others (I did get one 1-yr Biz Visa here in Malaysia before I got my work permit).

Qdos
02-09-2009, 13:05
I'm pretty sure that, as Andy says, you need to be officially resident in the country of application to get it processed there. If you're just a visitor in the Ukraine, and are domiciled in the USA it's likely you'd need to apply through the Russian Consulate in America.

Bels
02-09-2009, 13:37
If your in Ukraine you should find your nearest Russian consulate website in Ukraine. This site will give you all the answers. You will be seeking either a spacial application form for Americans, Georgian or outside nationals. Hopefully it's all in English for you.

I'll give you an example. This is the Russian consulate's new agent site. As you will see there is an application form for Americans and other foreigners.

So yes you can apply for a visa outside your country.

Russia Visa (http://ru.vfsglobal.co.uk/applyonline.aspx)

Bels
02-09-2009, 13:40
And when I was lining up at the Russian Embassy in London for a sameday business visa, why was I meeting Australian, Iranians, Americans applying for the same thing.

Qdos
02-09-2009, 14:17
I've got a sneaky feeling there was a change to the rules.

Something along the lines of preventing people travelling over the closest border (Kiev or into Finland etc) to get a fresh 3 month visa every 90 days (instead of skipping out of the RF for 90 days which is a condition of MEBV's nowadays).

trebor
02-09-2009, 15:17
In Thailand a couple of years ago i entered on a Non Immigrant 'O' visa (obtainable from any Thai embassy) This gave me permission to stay in Thailand for 3 months. With this i was allowed to submit an application for a business visa at the Russian embassy.

Bels
02-09-2009, 15:51
As I thought. The advice is exactly the same in the Ukranian as it is in London. Download the application form for USA citizens, fill it in and visit the appropriate address or post the application with your invitation. Once you receive your visa off you go to Russia. Simple.

THe Russian Embassy in Kiev direct website: click here:Деловая или Частная виза (http://www.embrus.org.ua/consulate/visa/businessvisa_ru.php)

Ukranian Embassy translated example:
Business or private visa
For business or private visa must submit to the Consular Section the following documents:

A completed application form (1 pc.), Also available from the Consular Section.
Visa application form for U.S. citizens (download)

Visa application form for third country nationals (download)

Passport valid at least six months from the date of expiry of visa and having at least 2 blank page.
One photograph (3 cm x 4 cm) attached stiplerom or glued to a specially designated place in the top right corner of the questionnaire.
The original invitation issued in the internal affairs bodies, an indication of the Consular Department, MFA of Russia or other authorized body. The invitation is issued on the letterhead, and seals of the authorized body, has a serial number contains information about the inviting organization or person, the length of stay, itinerary, name иностранного гражданина и его гражданстве.
Copies of passport pages with the data owner, Ukrainian visa (or a migration card, residence permit, work permit), a completed visa application form (for U.S. citizens).

Citizens of the Schengen group, as well as Israel, the Czech Republic, Lithuania and Estonia placing medical insurance policy for the duration of the visa.
Attention:
The fee for processing visa is not refundable.
Date of filing of documents not included in the term visa!
Visa is only possible after the presentation of all required documents.
Ability visa same day or next day depending on the workload of the visa section of the consular department.
To obtain visa for more than three months must present a certificate to the absence of HIV infection.
At the discretion of the consul may interview the person who applied for a visa.
After obtaining a visa should carefully check your information (passport number, date of birth, validity, etc.). In case of error return visa for its correction.
The Consular Section is not responsible for any errors or inaccuracies, the existence of which we were not informed immediately after obtaining a visa.
It should be borne in mind that a visa can not be replaced by a new or renewed. If your plans change, you will have to apply for a new application and re-submit the necessary documents.
Term of registration requirements to requirements documents and the amount of fees subject to change without notice.

Additional information is available by phone: (044) 286-45-04.

Schedule Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday
Filing from 10.00 to 13.00
Issuance of documents with 16.00do 17.00 from 15.00 to 16.00

Download this document