PDA

View Full Version : Tyoply Stan

bredwood
28-08-2009, 15:58
Dear Forum! I am thinking of taking an apartment in Tyoply Stan - I am a student, and most concerned about safety and distance, not luxury. Is anyone familiar with this area? Any tips or opinions to offer?

FatAndy
28-08-2009, 16:40
Hi bredwood girl,
I've lived 5 yrs not very far from it, at Obrucheva Street. Teply Stan is typical Moscw sleeping area, distant enough from center, MKAD is near (it is contras), but there are some pros - it is located at UZAO (most intellectual district, a lot of sci inst and hi-schools there), there is Bitsevsky park (almost a forest) and sporting facilities in it nearby, also at 2-3 metro stops you'll get in-city shopping centers at m. Kaluzhskaya and N. Cheremushki and also Mega South mall (behind MKAD) by bus. Orange metro line is fast enough (+) but crowded (-). Drop me street name where you go to rent a flat, and also your hi-school name. I'll try to point the map.

SV1973a
28-08-2009, 17:16
Hi Bredwood girl,
I live in Tyoply Stan, at the end of Leninskiy Prospekt. It is a very quite neighbourhood. In the 18 months, since I have been living there I have not even once been a witness of unpleasant of dangerous events.
Besides, as Fatandy says, it is also a very green area. There is a forest right between Leninskiy Prospekt and Profsouznaya Ulitsa. Although my wife is afraid to go into the woods, because apparently a long time ago, there used to be a `maniac` who murdered women. Don`t know if it is true, but at least I don`t care about this.
So, don`t worry about that place.

bredwood
28-08-2009, 18:06
Thanks so much for the info! You guys are so fast and helpful. I'd be on Generalya Tyuleneva Street.

FatAndy
28-08-2009, 18:37
It's close to MKAD, around 10-15 min by feet from metro, and that big Mega is diagonally via MKAD "knot"to the G. T. street location, so you'll have good shopping not far. Also building materials market and IKEA, where you can buy something to rebuild/reorganize in flat if needed. Green areas are around, just have a look here
Яндекс.šа€‚‹: *оссия, œосква, ƒли†а “ене€ала ТŽленева (http://maps.yandex.ru/?text=%D0%A0%D0%BE%D1%81%D1%81%D0%B8%D1%8F%2C%20%D0%9C%D0%BE%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%B2%D0%B0%2C%20%D1%83%D0%BB%D0%B8%D1%86%D0%B0%20%D0%93%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%BB%D0%B0%20%D0%A2%D1%8E%D0%BB%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B5%D0%B2%D0%B0&sll=37.48658%2C55.618872&sspn=0.012074%2C0.014407&ll=37.49692%2C55.617927&spn=0.040936%2C0.01758&l=sat)

If you hook somebody of your strong guys-classmates to trace you into forest, I think everything will be good, so called "maniac" was caught 2 years ago and sits in jail foreva.

Viola
28-08-2009, 18:59
:wavey: Hello neighbours!

bredwood
29-08-2009, 23:45
Thanks again, FatAndy! Also for the post about the shoes!

FatAndy
31-08-2009, 14:51
NP, we're here to help one another...

BTW, regarding shoes... no shoes, but boots... buy 2 pairs, mark them inside 1 and 2 and wear changing pair every day - they'll last longer... Chemical reagents to melt snow/ice are too angry, and they'll dry out from inside better if used this way.

米乐龙
31-08-2009, 15:28
I lived on Obrucheva Ul. for over 3 years, not too far from Teoply Stan. I have family living at Teoply Stan though so I visit that place quite often. Not a bad area, a bit out of the way though. It is near the MKAD and Mega (not really a plus because both kind of suck). There has been a new trade center built at the metro, called Prince Plaza. If you are worried about distance from the center then forget Teoply Stan, however if you are studying at the universities nearby then go for it, however you may get a bit bored living there.

Isa-Eva
02-09-2009, 10:34
Hi there. I'm currently in the search of an apt to rent and looking within the south orange line. Teh best thing about Tyoply Stan area is that you can get the best quality-price match as compared to more central districts

bulatova
02-09-2009, 17:04
well, it is indeed considered to be one of he best sleeping districts in moscow, and as far as the safety concerned -it is both caution and luck that you will need there. one of my friends has been robbed just recently right by the entrance to the building he is living in - and it was in the center, stalin building, with the offcies and banks and cameras all around. so it did not help. so be safe! and lucky!

tumnus
05-09-2009, 18:18
It is such a clean area that i saw people skiing just in front of the houses! We like Yasenevo-Teoplyj Stan so much that we decided to rent out our flat at Akademicheskaya and move there. I only hope that becouse of crisis moscow authorities won't start their favorite tochechnaya zastroyka in the district.

Adieu
29-09-2009, 10:33
Downside is, it's got one of the biggest bazaars (rynok) in YuZAO by the metro station. Hence - way more crime than neighbouring Konkovo or Yasenevo and your fair share of 'Caucasian' migrant unskilled labourers (Middle Easterners). Not exactly an ethnic ghetto or anything, but a larger-than-average concentration of poor immigrants, delinquent youth, drug addicts, and prostitutes. If you're from the US, think "somewhat Hispanic poor neighbourhood".

Hope I didn't offend anyone by picking objectivity over political correctness.

SV1973a
29-09-2009, 11:03
Downside is, it's got one of the biggest bazaars (rynok) in YuZAO by the metro station. Hence - way more crime than neighbouring Konkovo or Yasenevo and your fair share of 'Caucasian' migrant unskilled labourers (Middle Easterners). Not exactly an ethnic ghetto or anything, but a larger-than-average concentration of poor immigrants, delinquent youth, drug addicts, and prostitutes. If you're from the US, think "somewhat Hispanic poor neighbourhood".

Hope I didn't offend anyone by picking objectivity over political correctness.

My wife also warned me about that rynok, that I better watch out there. I`ve been on that market only once and a long time ago. Last time I was there, I was at the shopping center at Teploy Stan. I got a good impression from it. Apparently some part of the market was removed to make place for the shopping center.
I live at the very edge of Teploy Stan (on Leninskiy Prospekt), my parents in law live at Konkovo. I like that region a lot, and would recommand it to anyone.

Adieu
30-09-2009, 06:06
My wife also warned me about that rynok, that I better watch out there.

It's not the rynok itself, it's the unsavoury characters that hang around idly near it. Pretty low chances of finding trouble when shopping there, but passing by it daily, those odds start stacking up against you... That also slowly but surely affects the local populace. Some of the most shady sods I've had the misfortune of knowing in Moscow seem to be Teplyj Stan residents. Good citizens seem to be migrating out, while petty crooks and @$$holes gradually move in.

Nearby Konkovo is an entirely different story, a good, quiet low-end neighbourhood.

Yasenevo, though, has a bit of a reputation. A friend who lives there claims he sees knife fights and groups of juveniles brawling below his balcony on a daily basis. It's no Kuzminki or Vykhino yet, but parts of it are moving in that very direction.

P.S. The Leninskiy edge of Teplyj Stan may just belong to that neighbourhood in name only. What I was referring to was the vicinity of the metro station of the same name.

Croesus
21-01-2011, 01:52
Nowadays there are even 2 shopping malls by "Tepliy Stan" subway station, and the notorious marketplace has shrunk in size and moved in between them.
It's still a bit far from being the safest place in Moscow and I would strongly advise against walking by the station past midnight.
One of the biggest bus terminals in the city is also located there, adding its share of individuals you hardly want to encounter.
Other than that, the area is alright, with better infrastructure than Yasenevo, for example (although I'd prefer the latter).