PDA

View Full Version : Can i buy a car?

Zakaria
28-08-2009, 12:56
Anyone knows if i stay in Russia with private visa for 3 months (Im waiting for permission to stay here for 3 years), so can I buy a car now?
:confused1:

tvadim133
28-08-2009, 19:20
Hi!

Unfortunately, you will not be able to register a car in Moscow untill you have long term permission to stay here and your own official registration ( you will not get the ID number for your car though of course you can buy it).

In case you buy a car, you will have to get ID within 1 month.

One of the ways out is to buy an old car and drive it according to the owner's warrant (some russians do it when they do not want to own a car officially), but i think it will be more compicated then just to wait a bit.

bahemath
30-08-2009, 18:52
I tried the same thing, they just wouldn't sell to me :s so weird

Gambit
09-09-2009, 18:13
You have to register the car to your name, and should be renewed everytime you have a new registration. Or you can register it to your company.

tvadim133
09-09-2009, 19:31
I tried the same thing, they just wouldn't sell to me :s so weird

Hi!

There was in "Driving" another thread where I sent a post with the information, where and how the new car bought by a foreign citien can be registered in Moscow.

You can buy a car, may be in another outlet....

May be it will help!

Uncle Pasha
10-03-2010, 14:28
Have your car registered to a Russian citizen's name. Then the only additional document you need is the autorization. At this time GAI accept a simple hand-written authorization but you may want to get a notarized one just in case. The cost of an official-looking notarized authorization will be around $30-40.