PDA

View Full Version : games with your pet

Delacroix
06-12-2004, 15:48
Hello there,
I would like to ask about the games you play with your pet.
I live with a himalaian cat and he likes to play with curtains, wallpapers and my new subwoofer.
Recently he discovered the new game I would like to call "Hunt for Sleepy Victim" :)
When everybody (ehm, I mean me) gets in bed and lights turn off, he starts to hide from one place to another. If someone -fool enough- to leave feet, finger or knee out of the covers, he jumps at lightning speed, bite or scratch, sometimes both. The only way to beat him in this game is to react quicker than him.
Now I have wounds in different sizes. So does every single person who sleeps at my house.
Even a new can of whiskas or a package of youghurt doesn't keep him away to play this game.
I'm sure you also have some interesting games according to your pets character.
D

Surok
06-12-2004, 15:52
There's the 'bump noses in the middle of the night' game - and if the sleeping party doesn't respond, then the initiator of the game repeats the bump - but with a paw and a claw, not a nose...: (

polly
06-12-2004, 15:55
there's the "oh you've just gotten comfortable, and i know you'd like to sniff my ass" game.

360KiloStripedKitty
06-12-2004, 15:58
Sorry, all of you, but the only way to get these games to cease is to keep more than one cat! Six will do the trick - trust me :)!

Ned Kelly
06-12-2004, 16:00
Originally posted by Delacroix
Hello there,
I would like to ask about the games you play with your pet.
I live with a himalaian cat and he likes to play with curtains, wallpapers and my new subwoofer.
Recently he discovered the new game I would like to call "Hunt for Sleepy Victim" :)
When everybody (ehm, I mean me) gets in bed and lights turn off, he starts to hide from one place to another. If someone -fool enough- to leave feet, finger or knee out of the covers, he jumps at lightning speed, bite or scratch, sometimes both. The only way to beat him in this game is to react quicker than him.
Now I have wounds in different sizes. So does every single person who sleeps at my house.
Even a new can of whiskas or a package of youghurt doesn't keep him away to play this game.
I'm sure you also have some interesting games according to your pets character.
D

my cat liked to play a similar game and even when i suggested a little "swinging foot into small brainless head" for a change of pace, he would not stop. now i just lock him in the corridor...

Delacroix
06-12-2004, 18:21
Since we are friends we don't lock each other into rooms or corridors, but we try to find a point of agreement.
Actually we are still searching for that point, at least me...

Oh, and there is the game "I don't like her, send her away, or I'll leave some #$@$-scars on her leg" This one he plays from time to time, but it ends with "Ok...she can stay. I liked the taste and will jump from every corner to her"
Shame on him!

Ghost
06-12-2004, 18:46
Get a laser pointer. Cats go insane for them.

vaska
06-12-2004, 19:27
There's always the "let's knead on the neck in the middle of the night" game.

polly
06-12-2004, 22:37
Originally posted by Ghost
Get a laser pointer. Cats go insane for them.

i tried this. my cat had seizures from it. i'm not sh*tting you either. and i never pointed it at her little cat eyes.

so we stick to the flashlight now. but they really do go insane.

DPG
06-12-2004, 22:41
Originally posted by Ned Kelly
i suggested a little "swinging foot into small brainless head" for a change of pace

Lol!

Ned - you will evidently be the type of guy to play "the petrol and matches game" with your kids in the future!!:-)

jules
06-12-2004, 22:44
I agree with kitty's remark - my first cat used to do this, still have scars - but when I got a second cat, it stopped. Now they stalk, attack, bite and scratch each other! ;)

Delacroix
06-12-2004, 22:47
:) Funny thing about l-pointer and flashlight.
put your mobile on the table, call yourself, be sure vib-alert is on.
just watch him. He is not sure if he can beat it or not. He approaches slowly and with one paw ready to strike.Unsure.sweet.

D

WillsRN
19-12-2004, 03:31
Cats will always leave the room when your dog plays this game. Its called
"Lets recycle this oxygen" or "DogBreath in the morning"