PDA

View Full Version : Gym in St Peterburg

JLP85
23-08-2009, 06:34
I'll be in St Petersburg for a month studying language starting September 25th. I am hoping to find a gym that I could workout at for that time. Does anyone have any recommendations and maybe some idea on prices??? I'm hoping for a full gym with a pool, weights, ellipticals, etc.

Thanks,
Jon

Andrew1113
24-08-2009, 18:31
I'll be in St Petersburg for a month studying language starting September 25th. I am hoping to find a gym that I could workout at for that time. Does anyone have any recommendations and maybe some idea on prices??? I'm hoping for a full gym with a pool, weights, ellipticals, etc.

Thanks,
Jon

Let me give you an advice. The GYM you wanted costs too high, especially if you buy 1 month membership card. The best idea to go to 3w.vkontakte.ru (like facebook), register there and try to find special group - like sport, membership card, sport club cards etc. (you should write it in Russian in "search"). I'm sure you will find what you want there with a good price.
Sorry for my terrible English. Have a good time in St. Petersburg.

JLP85
25-08-2009, 18:58
Thanks for the information. I may investigate Gold's Gym since I found that they have them in both Moscow and St Petersburg and I will be in both cities for a month. My russian isn't exceptional however, so I will hopefully find a gym with someone who speaks some english to help with the sign up.

electrohouse
29-08-2009, 07:27
I spent 3 weeks there.. get yourself P90x and some resistance bands if you are there only for a shirt while.
If you are there for longer, grab a chin up bar and I saw a few places selling adjustable dumbbells.

If you aren't familiar with P90x, just google it. I have been working out in gyms since I was 17. I'm now 35. I was a personal trainer while I attended college. After week 6 of P90x, I cancelled my gym membership. Hopeully it'll suit your needs.

tigereng
02-09-2009, 10:02
try sportslife around the back of the moscow hotel, 5000 rubles a month, brand new complex with pool, weights and cardio room....keep in mind that alot of gyms are rundown here... this place is topend and enjoyable to visit...english speaking assistants also

ndemeis
16-09-2009, 07:14
So I guess to answer this question where are you staying? If you are studying I'm guessing you are staying on V.O. island like most people if your in the dorms. In that case your best bet would be Sparta.

SPARTA - SPA // // (http://www.spartaclub.ru/)

Its a pretty nice gym. I went a few times with my ex-girlfriend who had a membership there. I think she was paying 2500r a month.

There are also plenty of planet fitness centers around as well. They are a bit more expensive. I can't remember how much they quoted me but it was more than I was accustomed to paying in the US for a similar gym.

http://www.fitness.ru/msk.wbp

I guess it all depends on where your studying. Hope these help. If you give me more info I can tell you more and give you better info. But its a start.

Enjoy SpB.

Oh and if your looking for a partner at a gym i'm moving back and will need someone to work out with

RuslanAlex
01-11-2009, 01:31
Planet Fitness

ndemeis
01-11-2009, 23:52
I am currently signed up at planet fitness on Kazan. For 10,500 (for 8 months on there 18-26 y.o program) its not a bad deal. The equipment is OK. The cardio and weight machines are newer and in good condition but the free weights are certainly lacking but for the price its not bad. Now if I could just get this Kilogram things down...