PDA

View Full Version : Lockerbie Bomber

Judge
19-08-2009, 11:38
'will be set free tomorrow'

Letting this guy out of prison could dampen the UK's relationship with the US.I'm sure many back room deals went on between the UK and Libya.
Strange for the UK to try and please Libya and annoy the US.

Lockerbie bomber 'has been sending clothes back to Libya for six weeks' ahead of expected release tomorrow | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1207280/Lockerbie-bomber-sending-clothes-Libya-weeks-ahead-expected-release-tomorrow.html)

Qdos
19-08-2009, 13:53
If I remember the original trial, wasn't there some speculation it was also partially a frame-up, and that the guy who was imprisoned certainly didn't act alone? He had to be extradited from Libya too, I believe, and wasn't a confession drummed out of him in that country under what may have well been 'extenuated circumstances...'

He's got terminal prostate cancer too, hence the grounds for his release, however they never let Myra Hindley out when she reached a critically ill state of health deep into her prison sentence...

Perhaps they should only release him on compassionate grounds in return for names and sworn testimony concerning who else was involved with the bombing of that flight...

Kvartiraokhotnik
19-08-2009, 14:16
Perhaps they should only release him on compassionate grounds in return for names and sworn testimony concerning who else was involved with the bombing of that flight...

Come on QDOS - the opposite is true - They've released him on condition that he doesnt mention his MI6 handlers.

fenrir
19-08-2009, 14:41
Come on QDOS - the opposite is true - They've released him on condition that he doesnt mention his MI6 handlers.

Of course, another conspiracy theory.

waves
19-08-2009, 14:42
BP Expanding Oil Interest in Libya | Electric.co.uk News (http://www.electric.co.uk/news/bp-expanding-oil-interest-in-libya-12341083.html)

Purely coincidental of course.

Kvartiraokhotnik
19-08-2009, 16:48
Of course, another conspiracy theory.

You love them really - just wont admit it! :jester:

Judge
20-08-2009, 12:24
BP Expanding Oil Interest in Libya | Electric.co.uk News (http://www.electric.co.uk/news/bp-expanding-oil-interest-in-libya-12341083.html)

Purely coincidental of course.
Interesting link.I read some more about this deal

If everything works out for BP ,they could make up to 13billion pounds.

Benedikt
20-08-2009, 17:21
i do not compare the one with the other ( even if it was never prooven that the first was actually involved in the bombing)

suppose if one is terminally ill, let him/her go home and die in peace. the person will have to answer for the deeds done to someone else, might that me HIM,Allah,Moses,Buddha or whover you will stand before on judgement day...

Scrat335
20-08-2009, 18:20
Libya has the largest proven oil reserves in Africa. BP is not going to get on their bad side now are they?

I really think this is nothing to be worried about. There's enough indecency in the world today. An act of decency isn't going to hurt us even if it stinks in so many ways.

Judge
20-08-2009, 18:34
Libya has the largest proven oil reserves in Africa. BP is not going to get on their bad side now are they?

I really think this is nothing to be worried about. There's enough indecency in the world today. An act of decency isn't going to hurt us even if it stinks in so many ways.

It goes to show what really goes on behind closed doors, in this case the deal went down at Rothschild villa between Mandelson and Gaddafi's son.

Judge
20-08-2009, 18:45
You are right in a way.Now with Megrahi out of the way,no more appealing from him.The top dogs in Washington, D.C. and Westminsiter can put the Lockerbie case to bed now.

A public enquiry is needed,then maybe some truth might really come out ,but this wont happen.

http://news.scotsman.com/lockerbie/Hopes-dashed-for-indepth-inquiry.5558867.jp

BeachBum
20-08-2009, 20:20
'will be set free tomorrow'

Letting this guy out of prison could dampen the UK's relationship with the US.I'm sure many back room deals went on between the UK and Libya.
Strange for the UK to try and please Libya and annoy the US.

Lockerbie bomber 'has been sending clothes back to Libya for six weeks' ahead of expected release tomorrow | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1207280/Lockerbie-bomber-sending-clothes-Libya-weeks-ahead-expected-release-tomorrow.html)
The Scumbag was just released!..

You Scots are rotten to the core.... I had a girlfriend whose brother was on PanAm 103...

You dirty rotten Scot barstewards ( just the political ones of course).

What a bunch of weak, spineless, corrupt tail in the mud, dirt sucking spinless barstweards!.. The whole world should boycott your country untill the politicians responsible are garroted in public!

Kvartiraokhotnik
20-08-2009, 21:59

You Scots are rotten to the core.... I had a girlfriend whose brother was on PanAm 103...

What a bunch of weak, spineless, corrupt tail in the mud, dirt sucking spinless barstweards!.. The whole world should boycott your country untill the politicians responsible are garroted in public!

Do what I do, and blame it on the Scottish rite of Freemasonry. You're in with the conspiracy crowd now anyway :mml:

trebor
20-08-2009, 21:59

The Scottish decision was the right one.
Firstly, the difference between terrorists like Al Quaida and the Talleban etc. is OUR humanity.
Secondly, it's better to draw the terrorist in. The more we stay true our beliefs DESPITE there terrible efforts to change them gives us ever more credibility.

And if you are of the belief that this is all political and down to 'contracts' ...........it's win win on that front too!

Kvartiraokhotnik
20-08-2009, 22:01
You are right in a way.Now with Megrahi out of the way,no more appealing from him.The top dogs in Washington, D.C. and Westminsiter can put the Lockerbie case to bed now.

A public enquiry is needed,then maybe some truth might really come out ,but this wont happen.

Hopes dashed for in-depth inquiry into Lockerbie - Scotsman.com News (http://news.scotsman.com/lockerbie/Hopes-dashed-for-indepth-inquiry.5558867.jp)

You see, even when I'm wrong, i'm right.

The golden rule to follow is that there has to be some kind of skullduggery somewhere.

Kvartiraokhotnik
20-08-2009, 22:10
Firstly, the difference between terrorists like Al Quaida and the Talleban etc. is OUR humanity.
Secondly, it's better to draw the terrorist in. The more we stay true our beliefs DESPITE there terrible efforts to change them gives us ever more credibility.

And if you are of the belief that this is all political and down to 'contracts' ...........it's win win on that front too!

I'd like to nominate this post as the most ridiculous and naive post ever on expat.ru, perhaps even less informed than Beach Bums assertion that it takes more energy to make a building topple over than collapse in on itself, and Wodins claim that elemental metals can be artificially produced, rather than mined.

Am i making lots of friends? :neiner:

BeachBum
20-08-2009, 22:33

Haaaaaaaaa,,,, next time your arse is in a plane flying over to your green bonny hills.. Picture a brief flash followed by a rapid decompression and your bonnie a$$ falling 30000 feet to the ground where your mother comes to pick up whatever pieces are left of you from your lovely scottish morgue..

Then ask yourself from the grave if you'd be so humane and decent to the bloodthirsty scumbag that did this to you and 300 other people...

Man you are such a joke!

trebor
20-08-2009, 22:35
I'd like to nominate this post as the most ridiculous and naive post ever on expat.ru, perhaps even less informed than Beach Bums assertion that it takes more energy to make a building topple over than collapse in on itself, and Wodins claim that elemental metals can be artificially produced, rather than mined.

Am i making lots of friends? :neiner:

Nominate away. But you failed to explain why you disagree with me.

trebor
20-08-2009, 22:43
Haaaaaaaaa,,,, next time your arse is in a plane flying over to your green bonny hills.. Picture a brief flash followed by a rapid decompression and your bonnie a$$ falling 30000 feet to the ground where your mother comes to pick up whatever pieces are left of you from your lovely scottish morgue..

Then ask yourself from the grave if you'd be so humane and decent to the bloodthirsty scumbag that did this to you and 300 other people...

Man you are such a joke!

Kindly explain to me how keeping this murderer in jail for another 3 weeks will make the skies safer.

Kvartiraokhotnik
20-08-2009, 22:59

OK...fair enough:

OUR humanity (i assume you're talking about the UKs humanity, seeing as this is Scotland). Iraq - more than a million dead. Afghanistan - hundreds of thousands. Is this our glorious ''humanity''. and for what? Non existent weapons of mass destruction? Revenge for the rather obvious false flag attack of 911? 911 wasnt even in the UK - so why should we be taking revenge on ''terrorists'' (funded and trained by the US/UK...even to this day!) when it had nothing to do with us? Perhaps we were taking revenge for the second rather obvious false flag attack of 77, which happened after we invaded Afghanistan, and was carried out (allegedly) not by Afghanis or Iraqis, but by British nationals. And all this ridiculousness aside, how is taking revenge 'humane'? Our humanity...please....dont make me sick! How many do we need to kill to become inhumane? 6 million?
If you can prove that Al Qaeda and the Taliban (funded and trained by the US/UK) are less humane than our governments (who are their bosses) then I'll consider changing my nomination to the somewhat scientifically challenged Beachbum/Wodin claims.

As for ''staying true to our beliefs''...what beliefs? The belief that its OK to invade foreign countries and steal their oil/poppies? The belief that its OK to let mass murderers go free as long as theres a big contract at the other end of it? The belief that smelly foreigners in dirty far away places are barbarians and need to be civilised with an airstrike every day of the week? What beliefs are you talking about?

trebor
20-08-2009, 23:14
OK...fair enough:

OUR humanity (i assume you're talking about the UKs humanity, seeing as this is Scotland). Iraq - more than a million dead. Afghanistan - hundreds of thousands. Is this our glorious ''humanity''. and for what? Non existent weapons of mass destruction? Revenge for the rather obvious false flag attack of 911? 911 wasnt even in the UK - so why should we be taking revenge on ''terrorists'' (funded and trained by the US/UK...even to this day!) when it had nothing to do with us? Perhaps we were taking revenge for the second rather obvious false flag attack of 77, which happened after we invaded Afghanistan, and was carried out (allegedly) not by Afghanis or Iraqis, but by British nationals. And all this ridiculousness aside, how is taking revenge 'humane'? Our humanity...please....dont make me sick! How many do we need to kill to become inhumane? 6 million?
If you can prove that Al Qaeda and the Taliban (funded and trained by the US/UK) are less humane than our governments (who are their bosses) then I'll consider changing my nomination to the somewhat scientifically challenged Beachbum/Wodin claims.

As for ''staying true to our beliefs''...what beliefs? The belief that its OK to invade foreign countries and steal their oil/poppies? The belief that its OK to let mass murderers go free as long as theres a big contract at the other end of it? The belief that smelly foreigners in dirty far away places are barbarians and need to be civilised with an airstrike every day of the week? What beliefs are you talking about?

The Scotts will argue that the mistakes of 'Iraq' were mistakes made by the British government not the Scottish parliament.
The war in Afghanistan is a ligitimate one, condoned by the United Nations.

MickeyTong
20-08-2009, 23:29
Al Megrahi didn't do it, an d his release was dependent on his completely giving up his appeal against his conviction.
Had his appeal proceeded, much of the evidence which was disregarded in the travesty of a trial which convicted him would have been aired: the governments which stitched him up (US, UK and Libya) would have been seriously embarrassed by an appeal.

Kvartiraokhotnik
20-08-2009, 23:42
The Scotts will argue that the mistakes of 'Iraq' were mistakes made by the British government not the Scottish parliament.
The war in Afghanistan is a ligitimate one, condoned by the United Nations.

Mickey can correct me if i'm wrong - my knowledge of Scottish politics is hardly extensive....but Scotlands voice is represented in Westminster by 72 MPs...right? And from the article im reading below, 62 SMPs were IN FAVOUR of the war which has led to the humanitarian crisis in Iraq.

The Scottish Parliament - Official Report (http://www.scottish.parliament.uk/business/officialreports/meetingsparliament/or-04/sor1209-02.htm)

So, the Scottish parliament can hardly pass the buck on this one, can they?

As for the UN - well, if they say its legitimate, i spose it makes the war a humane affair, and we can continue to boast of our ''humanity''. After all, the UN's moral compass is second to none.....Next airstrike please!

pjw
20-08-2009, 23:57
ridiculousness aside, how is taking revenge 'humane'? Our humanity...please....dont make me sick! How many do we need to kill to become inhumane? 6 million?I agree with u Kvarti and your use of the number 6 mil. is interesting. It seems sometimes - regarding genocide - that we never learn. We just keep repeating the same mistakes.

Can someone tell me the UN goals in Afghanistan?

No, of course not. Because there are none. Same as in Iraq. There are no goals. Just to hinder natural development of the majority representative government because it is not pro-west. This can hardly be called democracy. It's all just a cop out to support a pro-western militsia in order to sap Iraqi oil! Bravo. But this scenario must change. And soon.

Scrat335
21-08-2009, 00:11
The whole world should boycott your country untill the politicians responsible are garroted in public!

Now now Fenrir I do agree that politicians should be garroted in public but we can't give up our SUVs and plactic water bottles can we? We need oil, let the oil flow!!! Libya has oil and is willing to cooperate in getting it out of the ground.

You need to understand the priorities dude!!

trebor
21-08-2009, 00:25
Al Megrahi didn't do it, an d his release was dependent on his completely giving up his appeal against his conviction.
Had his appeal proceeded, much of the evidence which was disregarded in the travesty of a trial which convicted him would have been aired: the governments which stitched him up (US, UK and Libya) would have been seriously embarrassed by an appeal.

If, as you say he's innocent then he deserves to be set free. Doesn't he?
And it was a Scottish court that convicted him.

MickeyTong
21-08-2009, 00:46
If, as you say he's innocent then he deserves to be set free. Doesn't he?
And it was a Scottish court that convicted him.

Absolutely.
He should not have been convicted in the first place.

Consortiumnews.com (http://www.consortiumnews.com/2009/081709d.html)
http://info-wars.org/?p=5380&cpage=1
The Bombing of PanAm Flight 103 -- Case Not Closed (http://killinghope.org/bblum6/panam.htm)
Cover-up: PanAm 103 (http://www.worldaffairsbrief.com/keytopics/PanAm.shtml)

trebor
21-08-2009, 00:51
Absolutely.
He should not have been convicted in the first place.

Consortiumnews.com (http://www.consortiumnews.com/2009/081709d.html)
http://info-wars.org/?p=5380&cpage=1
The Bombing of PanAm Flight 103 -- Case Not Closed (http://killinghope.org/bblum6/panam.htm)
Cover-up: PanAm 103 (http://www.worldaffairsbrief.com/keytopics/PanAm.shtml)

He was convicted by a Scottish court.

trebor
21-08-2009, 01:01
........So, the Scottish parliament can hardly pass the buck on this one, can they?....................

I think you will find they will try.
Justice Secretary Kenny MacAskill is a supporter of Scottish independance.
The recent resurgence of Scottish nationalism can be accounted for by the poor performance of the governing Labour party. Many of the MP's that voted with them on issues like the Iraq war will join them in the history books after the elections next year.

MickeyTong
21-08-2009, 01:13
He was convicted by a Scottish court.

Does this imply that the conviction was sound?

Dr Hans Kuchler was a UN-appointed observer at the trial: his report says, in a very eloquent way, that the trial was a travesty of justice.

Hans Koechler, Report on the Lockerbie Trial in the Netherlands (http://www.hartford-hwp.com/archives/27c/358.html)

"Truth in a matter of criminal justice has to be found through a transparent inquiry that will only be possible if all considerations of power politics are put aside. The rule of law is not compatible with the rules of power politics; justice cannot be done unless in complete independence, based on reason and the unequivocal commitment to basic human rights."

BeachBum
21-08-2009, 01:50
Now now Fenrir I do agree that politicians should be garroted in public but we can't give up our SUVs and plactic water bottles can we? We need oil, let the oil flow!!! Libya has oil and is willing to cooperate in getting it out of the ground.

You need to understand the priorities dude!!
Scrat that was my quote... Anyways. I was thinking the Scots were responsible. But what I didnt understand is that the scots
Is that correct or do I have my head up my a$$..

What I am saying is.. Who made the call to release the scumbag???? British politicians in a Scottish area.. I dont understand this system in this area?

are only part of the British political system. and since the Brits have been the loyal partners fighting next to American soldiers in Afghan and Iraq. they deserve a pass on this one.. So I hereby, take back my comments.. But it still sucks.. they should have just killed him in Prison and said he died of natural causes!

Russian Lad
21-08-2009, 02:48
I am with Kvarti. Agree with every single word.

Can someone tell me the UN goals in Afghanistan?

Poppy fields cultivation and heroin routes support, I ponder. What else? Ah, yes, delivery of the Afghani women from oppression.

pjw
21-08-2009, 02:52
I am with Kvarti. Agree with every single word.Me too....... agree with every word.

robert2901
21-08-2009, 04:11
i remember watching a documentary not long ago about this guy,and some of the victims relations were even saying that he should be released as they believed he was probably innocent and a patsy,he might have planted the bomb but for sure he wasnt the brains behind it,im scottish and i have been paying tax for him to be imprisoned for the last 20 years,it cost a damn fortune to keep him in prison and yes...they maybe should have done away with him,but now hes got terminal cancer and he will take his secrets to his grave.they say he got less than 3 months aparently.all i know is that they should have killed him or put him somewhere else in prison because its costed us scots,hundreds of thousands of pounds to keep him in jail here,good ridance to him i say

Kvartiraokhotnik
21-08-2009, 10:09
Scrat that was my quote... Anyways. I was thinking the Scots were responsible. But what I didnt understand is that the scots
Is that correct or do I have my head up my a$$..

What I am saying is.. Who made the call to release the scumbag???? British politicians in a Scottish area.. I dont understand this system in this area?

are only part of the British political system. and since the Brits have been the loyal partners fighting next to American soldiers in Afghan and Iraq. they deserve a pass on this one.. So I hereby, take back my comments.. But it still sucks.. they should have just killed him in Prison and said he died of natural causes!

Does anyone actually understand WHAT ON EARTH (???) Trebor, or Beach Bum, have been trying to say? I don't really see where they are coming from. They seem to be arguing with each other, but they don't seem to understand Scotlands position in the UK, let alone what the Lockerbie bombing was, and who was responsible. :jester:

Mickey Tong, i'm gonna get your name tattooed on my balls. You are in good company here - you've even left an infowars link. Lets get to the bottom of all these terrible travesties of justice.

Kvartiraokhotnik
21-08-2009, 10:32
I've been reading Mickeys links. More thanks to you Mickey. Great links.

J.D.
21-08-2009, 10:51
I'm all for considering 'compassionate release' in principle,
BUT not for people who are expected to die in prison due to their lengthy sentence.

I agree that this guy is not likely 'the man' behind this operation. But he did place the bomb and knew full well the result that would come from it.
The Libyian government accepted responsiblity for it, eventually, and I'd say that makes it an act of war. We should have gone in there and wiped out that government.

I don't know how it works in Scotland but in the U.S. the court is completely seperate from the rest of the government. So the U.S. president cannot be held responsible for decisions by the courts. If it's the same in Scotland I guess the best that we can hope for is that this judge will never get a U.S. visa.

Let's see if any Scots have any balls at all and impeach or censure this guy.

trebor
21-08-2009, 11:15
Does anyone actually understand WHAT ON EARTH (???) Trebor, or Beach Bum, have been trying to say? I don't really see where they are coming from. They seem to be arguing with each other, but they don't seem to understand Scotlands position in the UK, let alone what the Lockerbie bombing was, and who was responsible. :jester:

Mickey Tong, i'm gonna get your name tattooed on my balls. You are in good company here - you've even left an infowars link. Lets get to the bottom of all these terrible travesties of justice.

Firstly, i'm not part of any debating team.
I think my position is pretty clear. The Scottish government have made the right decision. Simple.
I saw rhe live press conference yesterday and Scottish Justice Secretary Kenny MacAskill's attempts to blame the British government.
It was a Scottish court that found him guilty not a British one. Scotland is culpable.
There will be a general election next year and the campaigning has already begun, i think.

Kvartiraokhotnik
21-08-2009, 13:02
Firstly, i'm not part of any debating team.
I think my position is pretty clear. The Scottish government have made the right decision. Simple.
I saw rhe live press conference yesterday and Scottish Justice Secretary Kenny MacAskill's attempts to blame the British government.
It was a Scottish court that found him guilty not a British one. Scotland is culpable.
There will be a general election next year and the campaigning has already begun, i think.

WTF?

Still, I have no idea what you're talking about. You may not be part of any debating team, but i hope you realise you are debating at the moment, on a website that specifically deals with political debates. If you dont like debating, you're in the wrong place!

Blame the British government (of which Scotland has been a participating member for centuries) for what? Releasing this guy? I hope Kenny MacAskill understands that the British government includes 59 Scottish members of parliament (72 at the time of Iraq conflict). So blaming the British government is blaming the Scottish representatives also. Anyway, Kenny MacAskill is the man who had the ULTIMATE DECISION to release this guy on compassionate grounds - so how on Earth could he blame the British government for releasing him? I quote

“I am conscious that there are deeply held feelings, and that many will disagree whatever MY decision. However a decision has to be made.'' (emphasis mine)

He then goes on to explain what a compassionate nation Scotland is, and thats why he made this decision....and yadda yadda yadda

Yours very very confused.....

Kvarty.

(PS - why do you believe releasing him was the right decision? Because the guy is innocent of any wrong doing, or because you agree with Kenny that we have to be compassionate, or because you think its wise in light of the British Petroleum deal? You've mentioned all three in various ambiguous ways, and I happen to think that the first two are mutually exclusive)

Kvartiraokhotnik
21-08-2009, 13:21
I'm all for considering 'compassionate release' in principle,
BUT not for people who are expected to die in prison due to their lengthy sentence.

I agree that this guy is not likely 'the man' behind this operation. But he did place the bomb and knew full well the result that would come from it.
The Libyian government accepted responsiblity for it, eventually, and I'd say that makes it an act of war. We should have gone in there and wiped out that government.

I don't know how it works in Scotland but in the U.S. the court is completely seperate from the rest of the government. So the U.S. president cannot be held responsible for decisions by the courts. If it's the same in Scotland I guess the best that we can hope for is that this judge will never get a U.S. visa.

Let's see if any Scots have any balls at all and impeach or censure this guy.

I suggest you read some of Mickeys links. They provide plenty of evidence that this guy was completely set up, and by those lovable rogues in the CIA and FBI, simply because this guy was a ''sanctions buster'' to Libya, via Malta.

And as for accepting responsibility......some confessions are forced from people, arent they? From Wiki....

''On 24 February 2004, Libyan Prime Minister Shukri Ghanem stated in a BBC Radio 4 interview that his country had paid the compensation as the "price for peace" and to secure the lifting of sanctions. Asked if Libya did not accept guilt, he said, "I agree with that." He also said there was no evidence to link Libya with the April 1984 shooting of police officer Yvonne Fletcher outside the Libyan Embassy in London. Gaddafi later retracted Ghanem's comments, under pressure from Washington and London.''

''In an interview shown in BBC Two's The Conspiracy Files: Lockerbie[74] on 31 August 2008, Saif al-Gaddafi said that Libya had admitted responsibility for the Lockerbie bombing simply to get trade sanctions removed.''

Time for some in the US to WAKE UP. YOU ARE REGULARLY BEING LIED TO!!!!

Still...incredibly amusing to watch the most gullible nation on Earth (with the exception of England) be duped in just about every current affair under the sun. Not everyone in the US obviously......but a large number, undoubtedly. Fortunately some people are waking up.....

J.D.
21-08-2009, 13:52
It is still no reason to release him on compassionate grounds.

Now if the Judge said "I see a lot of evidence that this guy may not be guilty and that his trial may have been unfair AND he won't live long enough to take this back to court, so I am releasing him" that would be hard to argue with.
But no, he released him on compassionate grounds when there was no call for compassion. He was supposed to be serving effectively a life sentence, and he has shown no remorse for his actions.

Judge
21-08-2009, 14:23
Time for some in the US to WAKE UP. YOU ARE REGULARLY BEING LIED TO!!!!

Funny you mention the word lie..
The key Lockerbie witnesses were paid to lie.

trebor
21-08-2009, 14:59
WTF?

Still, I have no idea what you're talking about. You may not be part of any debating team, but i hope you realise you are debating at the moment, on a website that specifically deals with political debates. If you dont like debating, you're in the wrong place!......................

Is this really a forum for debating politics? Nothing gets past you does it? :D

You don't understand what i'm talking about? You might not have been blessed with the mental capacity to understand what i'm talking about. ;)

Kvartiraokhotnik
21-08-2009, 16:56
Is this really a forum for debating politics? Nothing gets past you does it? :D

You don't understand what i'm talking about? You might not have been blessed with the mental capacity to understand what i'm talking about. ;)

If being stupid is the prerequisite of not understanding your arguments, i'm the dumbest guy on Earth. Feel free to quote me on that.

You definitely get the nomination :hooray:

PS. Scotland is part of Britain. A fact you may want to remember for future reference.

Kvartiraokhotnik
21-08-2009, 16:59
It is still no reason to release him on compassionate grounds.

Now if the Judge said "I see a lot of evidence that this guy may not be guilty and that his trial may have been unfair AND he won't live long enough to take this back to court, so I am releasing him" that would be hard to argue with.
But no, he released him on compassionate grounds when there was no call for compassion. He was supposed to be serving effectively a life sentence, and he has shown no remorse for his actions.

Here we agree.

But its all academic really in light of the fact that anyone who still has the capability for independent thought knows he's innocent.

J.D.
21-08-2009, 17:43
Are you dictating independent thought now?

Scrat335
21-08-2009, 18:42
I suggest you read some of Mickeys links. They provide plenty of evidence that this guy was completely set up, and by those lovable rogues in the CIA and FBI, simply because this guy was a ''sanctions buster'' to Libya, via Malta.

There is no way that this man is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. He may have done it he may certainly be a scapegoat.

Kvartiraokhotnik
21-08-2009, 18:47
Are you dictating independent thought now?

This is a forum for opinions JD. I'd have a hard time dictating to anybody from expat.ru surely! If you're looking for dictators, look for where the power lies. I'm just a landless peasant f*ck, with absolutely no power whatsoever.

Its my opinion that anybody who doesnt realise their goverment is a lying, murdering, scheming, torturing, bunch of organised criminals is imbecilic and deserves the ignorance and slavery that will afflict them for the rest of their sycophantic existence.

You are obviously free to hold a different opinion - how on earth could i force you to do otherwise? I dont even know who you are!

J.D.
21-08-2009, 18:52
. . . anyone who still has the capability for independent thought knows he's innocent..

I guess that is 'I'm free to have a different opinion if I give up independent thought'. (as defined by you)

Kvartiraokhotnik
21-08-2009, 19:27

I guess that is 'I'm free to have a different opinion if I give up independent thought'. (as defined by you)

Not necessarily Einstein....You need to take logic 101 i fear..... i'm not defining anything. I'm offering an opinion. Thats what this site is for, unless i've come to the wrong place....

I'm not here to get into a socratic debate on his method of dialectics. But let me try one more time:

It means, in Kvarty's opinion, you have to give up independent thought to swallow the absolute horsesh*te thats dished out to you on a daily basis by your murdering, thieving, cheating overlords in the government and mainstream media.

However, perhaps J.D has a different opinion.....he is always free to have a different opinion, because no-one is forcing him to do otherwise.

Judge
21-08-2009, 19:36
What did people expect,for the no one to turn out to greet Megrahi when he touched down in Libya.
PM 'Urged Against Hero's Welcome For Bomber'

Gordon Brown Wrote To Libya's Gaddafi Asking For No Hero's Welcome For Lockerbie Bomber Al Megrahi | World News | Sky News (http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/Gordon-Brown-Wrote-To-Libyas-Gaddafi-Asking-For-No-Heros-Welcome-For-Lockerbie-Bomber-Al-Megrahi/Article/200908315366240?lpos=World_News_Carousel_Region_0&lid=ARTICLE_15366240_Gordon_Brown_Wrote_To_Libyas_Gaddafi_Asking_For_No_Heros_Welcome_For_Lockerbie_Bomber_Al_Megrahi)

''David Miliband described the welcome as "deeply distressing", while Scotland's First Minister Alex Salmond said the reception for was unwise and inappropriate.''

Come out and tell us all the truth,that's "deeply distressing", they lie to us and cheat and get away with it.

MickeyTong
21-08-2009, 20:33
Mickey Tong, i'm gonna get your name tattooed on my balls.

Please don't. People might form the wrong impression....

trebor
21-08-2009, 21:09
...........PS. Scotland is part of Britain. A fact you may want to remember for future reference.

Scotland has it's own parliament and allowed to make it's own decisions in many areas...............................for your future reference. ;)

Kvartiraokhotnik
22-08-2009, 01:56
Scotland has it's own parliament and allowed to make it's own decisions in many areas...............................for your future reference. ;)

''ALLOWED to make its own decisions....'' allowed by whom? I'll give you a clue...it aint William Wallace (you probably know him as Mel Gibson).

trebor
22-08-2009, 04:16
''ALLOWED to make its own decisions....'' allowed by whom? I'll give you a clue...it aint William Wallace (you probably know him as Mel Gibson).

What medication are you on exactly?.............

Judge
22-08-2009, 09:38
Atleast one side admits the truth....Sure the UK government is going to come out and deny it.Do these people think we were born yesterday,it was all in the news about Mandelson meeting Gaddafi's son' a week before the guy was released.

'Lockerbie bomber's release linked to trade deal, claims Gaddafi's son'

Lockerbie bomber's release linked to trade deal, claims Gaddafi's son - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/barackobama/6070357/Lockerbie-bombers-release-linked-to-trade-deal-claims-Gaddafis-son.html)

Kvartiraokhotnik
22-08-2009, 10:45
Atleast one side admits the truth....Sure the UK government is going to come out and deny it.Do these people think we were born yesterday,it was all in the news about Mandelson meeting Gaddafi's son' a week before the guy was released.

'Lockerbie bomber's release linked to trade deal, claims Gaddafi's son'

Lockerbie bomber's release linked to trade deal, claims Gaddafi's son - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/barackobama/6070357/Lockerbie-bombers-release-linked-to-trade-deal-claims-Gaddafis-son.html)

The telegraph were way behind the posters at expat.ru

cheers for the link judge

Judge
22-08-2009, 11:29
The telegraph were way behind the posters at expat.ru

cheers for the link judge

You're welcome.

There is a race on right now for oil in Libya between Russia and the UK.
Russia right now is leading the way because Libya wants weapons.
Sir Putin visited Libya a few years ago and did a deal for around $3 billion to sell weapons to Gaddafi.In the deal Russia gives weapons and Libya gives oil.
Also Russia wants to set up a naval base in Libya.

The BP guys felt like they were losing out and needed to do a favour to Libya.

Kvartiraokhotnik
22-08-2009, 11:30
Another good telegraph story

Father still seeking Lockerbie truth after 20 years - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/terrorism-in-the-uk/6069475/Father-still-seeking-Lockerbie-truth-after-20-years.html)

It also cost him his job, along with part of his pension, and — because of his reduced income — his home. In 1991, when he decided to go to Tripoli to petition Colonel Gaddafi, the Libyan leader, to send Megrahi and another defendant (later cleared) to stand trial, his partners in the GP practice he ran in Worcestershire “kicked me out because they said I was making them a terrorist target”.

Why, though, was he prepared to sacrifice so much to see a man he now says is innocent stand trial? “Because back then I believed him to be guilty.” So when did his doubts set in?

“By the end of the trial in Zeist [the proceedings were held in 2001 under Scottish law but in the neutral setting of the Dutch town under an agreement with Gaddafi] after listening to the evidence.”

If the Zeist hearing was enough to make him doubt, what convinced Swire was testimony that was never heard in court — such as that of a security guard at Heathrow Airport, from where Flight 103 had taken off 37 minutes before exploding.

“At the end of the trial, a chap called Manley, who has since died, told me that he had reported a break-in close to the shed where, later the same day, the baggage for the Pan Am plane was handled. It seems to me infinitely more likely that the bomb was placed on board as a result of that break-in than on a connecting flight via Malta and Frankfurt as was alleged in the trial.”

Swire has reached this conclusion after talking to a former CIA agent and German security service officers. They convinced him that the type of bomb used to blow up the plane came not from Libya, but bore all the hallmarks of the PFLP-GC, a pro-Palestinian terrorist group based in Damascus and linked to Iran. And the sort of detonator device they used could have been effective only if loaded at Heathrow.

Swire proceeds to tear holes in the case presented against Megrahi. “I know I am sounding like a conspiracy theorist,” he says as he draws breath. Experience suggests that the real conspiracy theorists rarely possess the self-knowledge to know that they sound like one.

J.D.
22-08-2009, 12:33
Not necessarily Einstein....You need to take logic 101 i fear..... i'm not defining anything. I'm offering an opinion. Thats what this site is for, unless i've come to the wrong place....

I'm not here to get into a socratic debate on his method of dialectics. But let me try one more time:

It means, in Kvarty's opinion, you have to give up independent thought to swallow the absolute horsesh*te thats dished out to you on a daily basis by your murdering, thieving, cheating overlords in the government and mainstream media.

However, perhaps J.D has a different opinion.....he is always free to have a different opinion, because no-one is forcing him to do otherwise.

Maybe you should start with grammar 101
Sounds like you and Bill both could do with a lesson on what the meaning of is is.

Kvartiraokhotnik
22-08-2009, 12:58
Maybe you should start with grammar 101
Sounds like you and Bill both could do with a lesson on what the meaning of is is.

Perhaps the mods will consider making a new ''English Grammar'' section for all those who are on the politics forum, but would prefer to discuss the mindless trivialities of English grammar. Who knows, maybe I'll even come on to search some of your posts in order to prove that you are no Shakespeare either. Then again, that would make me a pedantic and petty fool......

MickeyTong
22-08-2009, 13:31
Paul Foot from Private Eye did an excellent report on the case. A copy is available for £5 from
https://secure2.subscribeonline.co.uk/PEYE/digital_downloads.cfm

It's a PDF. I'd post it here, but it's a bugger to copy and paste.

MickeyTong
22-08-2009, 13:32
Perhaps the mods will consider making a new ''English Grammar'' section...

Moderated by Bels! Go for it.

BeachBum
22-08-2009, 13:45

KVAR I understand the Lockerbie bombing very well. What i dont understand the British Scottish political system. are the scots part of the same system. are the seperate... Like I said. who actually released this scumbag???? A brit or a Scot or it is all the same. In any respect if a Brit then they get a free pass becasue they have been loyal to our cause in Iraq and afghan.

J.D.
22-08-2009, 14:10
I would also like to know how their system works. Did it all come down to just this one Judge? What are the rules? Can politicians have private conversations with a judge to influence his decision?
Anyone know theses answers?

I read that 23 of the last 30 compasionate releases were approved. I'd be interested to see a further breakdown of those statistics.

Kvartiraokhotnik
22-08-2009, 14:36
KVAR I understand the Lockerbie bombing very well. What i dont understand the British Scottish political system. are the scots part of the same system. are the seperate... Like I said. who actually released this scumbag???? A brit or a Scot or it is all the same. In any respect if a Brit then they get a free pass becasue they have been loyal to our cause in Iraq and afghan.

1) Do you understand that Iran is a more likely candidate than Libya in regards to responsibility for Lockerbie? Have you been following the thread? Have you been reading our favourite Scotsmans links? In which case ''this scumbag'' is innocent, and a miscarriage of justice has occured.

2) He was released by Kenny MacAskill, who is Scottish (and this also makes him BRITISH. Scotland is in Britain.) So he was still loyal to the Nazi Fascists who created the reasons for 2 illegal wars which have massacred thousands of innocents. So he gets your free pass. Mickey will tell you that Scottish soldiers fight in the British army, just as Welsh, Irish and English guys do.

3) The political system is complicated. The Scottish have their own parliament, and i assume its for domestic issues (so do the Welsh...and the Irish), but they also have 59 MPs in Westminster representing them in Britain. If you're interested in finding out more, I imagine wikipedia explains it.

Kvartiraokhotnik
22-08-2009, 14:48
I would also like to know how their system works. Did it all come down to just this one Judge? What are the rules? Can politicians have private conversations with a judge to influence his decision?
Anyone know theses answers?

I read that 23 of the last 30 compasionate releases were approved. I'd be interested to see a further breakdown of those statistics.

The decision was made by this one judge. But lets not be naive here. Can politicians have private conversations with judges? Well, I believe its just about still possible for anyone to have a private conversation with anyone in the UK - no law against that (yet). Can politicians influence judges? hmmm. I happen to think the answer is yes, but perhaps there are a few who would claim otherwise (??!!!??).

Did you read about BP, the meeting between Mandleson and Gaddaffis son, the huge financial benefits and oil contracts that are now on the table again, thanks to the Lockerbie case being put to bed by this one act of releasing Megrahi? I think the answers to all your questions are already on this thread thanks to links left by mickeytong, judge, waves. Here is one of them just to clarify:

J.D.
22-08-2009, 16:11
In the U.S. it is not legal for anyone to have a private conversation with anyone, namely judges and interested parties about a case that the judge is overseeing.

Kvartiraokhotnik
22-08-2009, 17:30
In the U.S. it is not legal for anyone to have a private conversation with anyone, namely judges and interested parties about a case that the judge is overseeing.

Ahhh. I see your point.

Well, I reckon, legal or not (and i must admit, i have no idea if this is legal or illegal, though i dont doubt that it is morally wrong) the US/UK energy barons have had a word with Kenny, and thats why he released our patsy. I certainly dont believe he did it ''out of compassion''.

This is probably where the scottish rite of freemasonry comes in. Is Kenny a freemason? I thought to be a Scottish judge it was one of the prerequisites.

GaNozri
22-08-2009, 17:35
Kvarti - u da MAN! Mickey - excellent links. However, I don't understand the point of the debate. I think we are all grown-up enough to understand that $13billion is no match for the lives of 300+ serfs.

J.D.
22-08-2009, 19:10
It would be interesting to know what, if any, investment the Royal Family has in BP.

Kvartiraokhotnik
22-08-2009, 19:22
It would be interesting to know what, if any, investment the Royal Family has in BP.

I've heard the financial crisis caused Lizardbreath the second's estate to drop in value by 19%.

Life's a bitch eh?

:uk:

YouTube - Sex Pistols - God Save The Queen (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbyZjU5gHVQ&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fvideo%2Egoogle%2Eru%2Fvideosearch%3Fhl%3Dru%26newwindow%3D1%26q%3DQueen%2520Elizabeth%2520financial%2520assets%26lr%3D%26um%3D1%26ie%3DUTF%2D8%26sa%3DN%26tab%3Dwv&feature=player_embedded)

Judge
23-08-2009, 09:12
More proof that Megrahi was released by the men who run England.

'Downing Street confirmed last night that Gordon Brown had discussed the possible release of Megrahi with Colonel Gaddafi when the two men met on the fringes of the G8 summit in Italy last month.'

'Colonel Gaddafi heaped further embarrassment on Britain by praising “my friend” Gordon Brown and his government for their part in securing Megrahi’s freedom.'

'It also emerged that a Foreign Office minister had written to the Scottish government in what critics claimed was an attempt to put pressure on Scotland to set Megrahi free.'

Lockerbie bomber: Lord Mandelson faces new questions over Libya links - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/libya/6073631/Lockerbie-bomber-Lord-Mandelson-faces-new-questions-over-Libya-links.html)

Judge
23-08-2009, 10:02
The top man at the FBI is p*ssed off.

BBC NEWS | UK | Letter from FBI's Robert S. Mueller (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/8216107.stm)

Kvartiraokhotnik
23-08-2009, 11:05
More proof that Megrahi was released by the men who run England.

'Downing Street confirmed last night that Gordon Brown had discussed the possible release of Megrahi with Colonel Gaddafi when the two men met on the fringes of the G8 summit in Italy last month.'

'Colonel Gaddafi heaped further embarrassment on Britain by praising “my friend” Gordon Brown and his government for their part in securing Megrahi’s freedom.'

'It also emerged that a Foreign Office minister had written to the Scottish government in what critics claimed was an attempt to put pressure on Scotland to set Megrahi free.'

Lockerbie bomber: Lord Mandelson faces new questions over Libya links - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/libya/6073631/Lockerbie-bomber-Lord-Mandelson-faces-new-questions-over-Libya-links.html)

Cheers judge!

I bet Gaddaffi is loving all this - finally the chance to really piss off Gordon Brown, and by praising him for his help is securing Megrahis release. I have no doubt that he encouraged the big welcome home, in front of the TV cameras, and even made sure there were a few scottish flags on show...

Finally, a chance to embarrass the west, and show them to be a bunch of lying hypocrites.

BeachBum
23-08-2009, 20:26
1) Do you understand that Iran is a more likely candidate than Libya in regards to responsibility for Lockerbie? Have you been following the thread? Have you been reading our favourite Scotsmans links? In which case ''this scumbag'' is innocent, and a miscarriage of justice has occured.

2) He was released by Kenny MacAskill, who is Scottish (and this also makes him BRITISH. Scotland is in Britain.) So he was still loyal to the Nazi Fascists who created the reasons for 2 illegal wars which have massacred thousands of innocents. So he gets your free pass. Mickey will tell you that Scottish soldiers fight in the British army, just as Welsh, Irish and English guys do.

3) The political system is complicated. The Scottish have their own parliament, and i assume its for domestic issues (so do the Welsh...and the Irish), but they also have 59 MPs in Westminster representing them in Britain. If you're interested in finding out more, I imagine wikipedia explains it.
thank you Kvor.. it was very informative. And while I agree that a release of anybody proven to be innocent is warranted. the fact remains the scumbag was found guility in a court of Law. The rule of law must be obeyed. Guilty or not. he was found guilty. Until proven innocent he must be treated as guilty. Since he was not proven innocent on an appeal basis he was ,therefore, guilty and a scumbag!... Now the precedent exists for all other scumbags whethere guilty or not to cry for freeedom and realy release becuase the spineless Scot judge released him. I say throw this judge in prison for an act that is criminal. that is releasing this scumbag!

Kvartiraokhotnik
23-08-2009, 23:46
thank you Kvor.. it was very informative. And while I agree that a release of anybody proven to be innocent is warranted. the fact remains the scumbag was found guility in a court of Law. The rule of law must be obeyed. Guilty or not. he was found guilty. Until proven innocent he must be treated as guilty. !

Tell that to the relatives of the Birmingham 6, Guildford 4, or Maguire 7 when they were still rotting in prison. They'll rip your face off.

BeachBum
24-08-2009, 00:27
Tell that to the relatives of the Birmingham 6, Guildford 4, or Maguire 7 when they were still rotting in prison. They'll rip your face off.
again these are criminals convicted in a court of law. they are guilty. they are therefore scumbags.

Kvartiraokhotnik
24-08-2009, 00:40
again these are criminals convicted in a court of law. they are guilty. they are therefore scumbags.

They were found guilty....and then found innocent many mnay years later - and in a court of law. They were set up by the British police and courts. The courts do convict innocent people sometimes - like Megrahi, and the poor buggers i mentioned earlier.

Judge
24-08-2009, 14:47
Kvart...Keep your ears open, heads are about to roll.

Lockerbie bomber release: pressure mounting on Gordon Brown - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/libya/6076926/Lockerbie-bomber-release-pressure-mounting-on-Gordon-Brown.html)

Kenny MacAskill to face furious MSPs over Lockerbie bomber release - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/politics/scotland/6080538/Kenny-MacAskill-to-face-furious-MSPs-over-Lockerbie-bomber-release.html)

Judge
24-08-2009, 16:00

Prince Andrew helps out BP now and again.When it's time to impress foreign heads of state, it goes down well when someone turns up with a title to their name.

Kvartiraokhotnik
24-08-2009, 16:39
Prince Andrew helps out BP now and again.When it's time to impress foreign heads of state, it goes down well when someone turns up with a title to their name.

Gadhafi on Friday thanked British Prime Minister Gordon Brown and Queen Elizabeth II for "encouraging the Scottish government" to take their decision — a claim denied by both Downing Street and Buckingham Palace.

Looks like Lizardbreath is trying to get back that 19% fall in the value of her estate.

I found this link which is very well written, and I thought you would find rather interesting, J.D (you too, judge :))

The Crown Jewels: The Queen Is The Ultimate Insider Trader (http://american_almanac.tripod.com/crown.htm)

It is forbidden for Parliament to discuss the fact that the Queen has kept her private wealth a secret. But, in 1977, it was discovered through a Parliamentary question, that the Bank of England had established a special nominee company, the Bank of England Nominees Ltd. (BOEN), to hide investments of the Queen's portfolio, as well as those of others whom she recommends, such as King Fahd of Saudi Arabia, the Sultan of Brunei, King Bhumibhol Adulayadej of Thailand, and the Kuwaiti Investment Office. But, BOEN is only one of the means apparently employed by the Queen's royal insider trader to hide her wealth.
Philip Beresford, author of The Book of the British Rich, written in conjunction with the Sunday Times of London, has said that the Queen tends to invest in ``blue chip'' stocks, including Rio Tinto Zinc, General Electric Company of Great Britain, Imperial Chemical Industries, Royal Dutch Shell, and British Petroleum. Among the firms through which she has invested are Barings, S.G. Warburg's subsidiary Rowe & Pitman, and Cazanove. The Queen's holding in Rio Tinto Zinc (RTZ) was first discovered through a leak from a source at the Bank of England to Andrew Morton, who wrote the authorized biography of Diana, Princess of Wales.

According to Charles Higham, co-author of Elizabeth and Philip, the Queen is a major stockholder in RTZ, which, with her old friends at Anglo-American, controls 12% of the world's precious, strategic, and base metals and minerals

RTZ was in on developing North Sea oil from the beginning. Writes Higham: ``The Queen undoubtedly approved the heavy investment, which would enrich her in the immediate future.'' Starting in June 1975, RTZ and Texaco were spearheading shipments from the North Sea Argyll Field, to the refineries of British Petroleum, in which firm Queen Elizabeth is also believed to hold an interest.

Kvartiraokhotnik
24-08-2009, 16:50
In my favourite newspaper today:

Queen's stockbroker raided by police and city watchdogs in biggest ever crackdown on insider trading | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1039633/Queens-stockbroker-raided-police-city-watchdogs-biggest-crackdown-insider-trading.html)

(its not really my favourite...its Mickeys....)

Judge
24-08-2009, 17:43
Gaddafi is really giving it to them...You can't really blame him...Libya was thrown to the dogs for years,now it looks like Gaddafi is enjoying himself on the main stage..The UK and the US welcomed Libya back onto the world stage,thinking they will play ball...looks like the ball is in Libya's court and they aren't gonna give the ball back...
What next i wonder..Libya to piss off its new friends and be called a terrorist state again.

Kvartiraokhotnik
24-08-2009, 18:31
Gaddafi is really giving it to them...You can't really blame him...Libya was thrown to the dogs for years,now it looks like Gaddafi is enjoying himself on the main stage..The UK and the US welcomed Libya back onto the world stage,thinking they will play ball...looks like the ball is in Libya's court and they aren't gonna give the ball back...
What next i wonder..Libya to piss off its new friends and be called a terrorist state again.

I find it very interesting he thanks Brown AND the Queen. He obviously knows she has a business interest in BP, and is perhaps more powerful than Brown in regards to British policy making.....more than just an old bag to hook in some tourists. One of the elite cartels.....

:evilgrin:

MickeyTong
24-08-2009, 22:03
In my favourite newspaper today:

Queen's stockbroker raided by police and city watchdogs in biggest ever crackdown on insider trading | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1039633/Queens-stockbroker-raided-police-city-watchdogs-biggest-crackdown-insider-trading.html)

(its not really my favourite...its Mickeys....)

It is not. But it is such a Little Englander rag that I find it gives credence to any critique of the Establishment.