PDA

View Full Version : nordic films?

alxndr
15-08-2009, 22:39
guys!
does anybody know any swedish, norwegian, finnish, danish, iceland films? i'm fond of nordic culture and would thank you for any help!
pls, just count titles or give links where can i find any relevant information.
or if you such a eager person as me i would be glad to hang out with and talk to you ;)
thx in advance

Evitatomson
16-08-2009, 09:37
I am also wondering where is that market in Moscow where you can buy film dvd's in original language but in soft envelope packaging? 100 RUb each? is it Izmailovo? where? i knew somebody who had plenty of them, but where is the market? thank you.
as to reply to your question , yes, i know Lars von Trier ,Ingmar Bergman films etc., unfortunately dont have them but interested.

Swordfish90293
16-08-2009, 13:46
My favorite is Pelle the Conquerer...directors Billie August, Lars von Trier...Lasse Hallstroem... Lukas Moodysson...find their credits on IMDB...

Great dvd & cd shop off Tverskaya, 2 blocks north of Krasnya Ploshad, east side of the street through the big arch then left...you'll be reminded of the comic book sales guy in The Simpsons...

Max77
17-08-2009, 12:28
I have one film which I believe to be "Nordic", called "Ambulance" - it's a crime comedy. Very funny! But it's in English...

beserg
17-08-2009, 15:46
guys!
does anybody know any swedish, norwegian, finnish, danish, iceland films? i'm fond of nordic culture and would thank you for any help!
pls, just count titles or give links where can i find any relevant information.
or if you such a eager person as me i would be glad to hang out with and talk to you ;)
thx in advance

101 Reykyavik is the only Icelandic film I know :)

The Finns have their famous director Aki Kaurismäki

Norwegian ... The Bothersome Man, Dead Snow, about Nazi Zombies :))

Denmark's film industry is my absolute all time favourite, so many good films.

Quite a few great directors beside Larse von Trier, excellent acting.

Hard to find in Moscow, specialized kiosks at Gorbushka used to charge 250 rubles for a pirated copy on the cheapest disk.

Better download them via torrents or ask someone from Denmark to get you some, like i do :tv:

alxndr
17-08-2009, 21:58
oh! thank you all! it is pretty nice of you! ))

i can recommend sth too. to continue the topic of norwegian films. i don't now its english name but in norwegian it is tatt av kvinnen with the same actor as in den brysomme mannen (the bothersome man). i like them both very much!

by the way im seeking for something like these films. ) and since much time ago i am going to watch 101 reykyavik!

actually. maybe you know! every fall in moscow they held nordic film festival. and what is more surprising it is free of charge. )
last year i watched extremely amusing film where 3 stories were combined. first is about arabian family, second is about harassment in families and third is, it seems to me, also about arabian but an arabian man who owns a bar. and was injured by some mad man. 100% must see! unfortunately i dont remember its title. //

beserg
17-08-2009, 23:24
Ok, I'll list some of the Danish films I like and/or have:

In China They Eat Dogs, Old Men in New Cars, Pusher, Bleeder, The Night Watch (Nattevagten), Flickering Lights, Green Butchers, Brothers, Mifune's Last Song, Sharks (Inkasso), The Good Cop, Adam's Apples.

And if anyone by any chance has Terribly Happy with English subtitles, I'd love to see it.

beserg
18-08-2009, 09:46
And that famous Swedish one - ****ing Åmål ;)

Evitatomson
18-08-2009, 15:41
Min liv som hund - My life as a dog!
Award winning Swedish film about little boy sent to live in a countryside during the war.

djkc
18-08-2009, 16:06
Gorbushka has some, but it has to be checked, otherwise you might end up byuing some crap. If you speak wwith those guys who sell this stuff at Gorbushka - they might give you some valuable tips...

alxndr
18-08-2009, 21:10
thanks a lot! )
definitely this thread must be in my delicious bookmarks )
done! )

Kraven Morehead
18-08-2009, 21:17
Finnish Director did the comedy series Nationalist go fishing and Nationist go Hunting.

alxndr
19-08-2009, 19:50
funny films. i remember i watched them in my childhood.. about 10 years ago))

Pokahontas
21-08-2009, 20:49
actually. maybe you know! every fall in moscow they held nordic film festival. and what is more surprising it is free of charge. )
//
When? I want to go to this festival

alxndr
22-08-2009, 12:51
i think it is better to track special web sites.. for instance arthouse.ru
last year it was held in november if i dont confuse anything. )