PDA

View Full Version : Alternative's Expat Wednesday Dec 1

waste not want not
30-11-2004, 15:17
Alternative's Expat Wednesday

(DEC 1, 2004)

This week we have a very special guest Arriving!! Mr. Rudy D, the one and only Rudesound himself. Rudy was is one of the two co-founders of the original "Alternative Expat Nights", so come out an say hello to one of the most infamous characters of Expat history!

Also
TOYS FOR TOTS-Annual drive for toys
It is my understanding that there will be a box set up at the Hard Rock for the TOYS FOR TOTS-Annual drive for toys and donations.

Lets do our part and make it a successful drive!

This week
@
The Hard Rock Cafe
(Second floor bar)

Well we are off and running at our new location "The Hard Rock Cafe" with our Alternative Expat nights and this week will mark celebrate our first full month at the Hard Rock. After speaking to Doug we have decided to let the event run through the holidays, that will give all of us that don't have the chance to go home to bring in the holidays with our friends here.

As some of you know the Old days of the Alternative's Expat Wednesday nights at the "Shamrock" come to an end after 4 years and running due to the fact that the complex in which it was housed has been closed. Not letting that stop a good thing we have teamed up with the Hard Rock to keep things moving along and we are open to suggestions to try a new venue once in a while, though I believe we have found a new home in the Hard Rock. Lets see how it goes, it of course depend on you the Expat community your thoughts and comments are always welcome.

Place: Hard Rock Cafe

Second floor: Main bar

Address: 44 Stary Arbat. Moscow, Russia.

Specials from 6-9pm

two for one specials on:

Carling Draft 0.5 ltr

Warnstiener - Stary Melnack

Bottled of Beer

EFES-Coors-Corona-Stella

Margarita... 0.45 lt
El Jimador Gold Tequila, Triple Sec, and our Authentic HRC Margarita mix. Served frozen or on the rocks

Strawberry Daiquiri... 0.45 ltr

A frozen blend of Ron Brugal Blanco Rum and strawberries

Pina Colada... 0.45 ltr
Ron Brugal Blanco Rum, Malibu Coconut Rum, Coco Lopez real cream of coconut and pineapple juice

Rockin' Mary... 0.45 ltr
A headbangin' combination of Bloody Mary Mix and Absolut Pepper served tall on the rocks

See you there!

Regards,

Runaway

whale*ss
01-12-2004, 00:58
Sorry for being a schlep... but what is alternative expat nite all about?

Is the word "alternative" of special importance here... as in "gay" expat nite... or is this an alternative to some other expat nite that i as of yet have no knowledge of.

Thanks!
w

Sunstorm
01-12-2004, 01:21
Hmm... well, maybe some of the people attending there are gays, too, but it's named Alternative - as you guessed correctly - to another expat nite. If you have no knowledge of either - you are welcome to gain some. The address and all details - in the post above.

Sunstorm
01-12-2004, 01:29
Don,
How about the new stunning name for the Alternative Expat Wednesday?? Alternative sounds... mmm... a bit negative..

I herewith announce a CONTEST to the BEST NAME!

And go 1st, with :

"Work Hard, Rock Hard Wednesday Night"

boscoe
01-12-2004, 08:05
Originally posted by Sunstorm
Rock Hard Wednesday Night

off you go sid.....

Sunstorm
01-12-2004, 09:29
SID????

moscowmail
01-12-2004, 09:32
SId ... where are youuuuuuu

You could call it the Expat.ru night, if you talk nicely to me ;)

polly
01-12-2004, 10:33
i thought that nice-talking is generally directed at stakeholders...