PDA

View Full Version : Infinity travel website

BlueTrain
29-11-2004, 18:09
I'm not sure if everyone knows this or maybe I'm just naive.

I've used Infinity travels a number of times but lately, when I tried to book a flight through their website and I get a certain price which they have "confirmed", they always manage to say they can't book the flight at the quoted price and give me a significantly higher one.

They should either fix their application so things like that don't happen or they should put a big fat disclaimer (maybe they do have one...).

So before you look at their website to plan your next trip's budget, always call.

Common sense to many, not to me.. :(

Sparafucile
29-11-2004, 23:55
I flew to London recently, and got the advertised fare on their site.

JeffK
30-11-2004, 09:53
Ah the joys of infinity!
I booked a flight with a confirmed price on thier webpage. They called me to confirm as expected and quoted a price in rubles about $350 higher. Blamed it on the exchange rate, I asked what rate and they said 32. Yes, ok a few years ago maybe, but come on guys. I argue, but their price even with the BS is a bit lower than others, so I agree. Then they deliver the tickets. Mind you this was not the most complicated itinerary, two rt tickets from Moscow to Seattle and two rt tickets from Seattle to Spokane. The next day the "courier" shows up with the tickets from Seattle to Spokane, having forgotten the ones from Moscow to Seattle. Next day, agent calls and wants to deliver the SVO tickets, but needs my address!!!!! I begin to lose my normally calm demeanor at this moment, but the need to get the tickets prevails and I give the address again after asking "didn't you just deliver tickets to me yesterday?" This question goes unanswered. So about 3-4 hours later the "courier" calls and asks where I would like the tickets delivered. Couldn't handle the stupidity any longer and asked the receptionist to talk to the "courier" as I had lost what I had left of my calm. The tickets arrived, were paid for and all is well. I think that I will stick with American Express

Maine Surfer
30-11-2004, 10:02
I used them recently and they screwed me up. I called them three times and every time price went up! The explanation I got from a girl named Svetlana was I've worked here for many years and I know what I'm doing. Are you implying that I'm lying to you?

Another catch from INfinity. They quote in $ but only accept Rubles. Their exchange rate is 31R/$ So you instantly lose 10% (they quote 1350 but in reality it's 1500 with their exchange rate)
When asked if they take $ the girl started laughing like I was stupid.
And after all those hussls they issue a ticket with my last name misspelled and baically tell me to shove it. A nice company.

Will never use them again.

Maine Surfer
30-11-2004, 10:05
Jeff,
I had similar situation with their delivery.

INFINITY TRAVEL SUCKS!

BlueTrain
30-11-2004, 19:55
I browsed this site and found
http://www.avantix.ru

I've just bought two tickets at a considerably lower price than Infinity insisted on was the lowest price.

They deliver for free.

The price quoted was the price I paid.

The search on this site is faster although some of the site has not been totally translated ( not a big thing since I can read really really slowly ... and I can guess the rest ).

I hope Infinity travel brushes up a bit because they've always been great before and I've never had a problem except for the past month or so..

jl321
01-12-2004, 12:47
I liked Infinity the first time I used them, but I just used them again and I am upset. The first time (a few months ago) the dollar price was the price I was charged. This time the dollar price was converted to rubles at a rate of 30.5 and submitted to my credit card company as rubles based on this rate. My credit card company converted it back to dollars at a rate of 28.5. I end up paying $80 more!!! I will not be using them again.

BlueTrain
01-12-2004, 20:26
Hogging up this thread all by my lonesome.

avantix.ru does the same thing with the exchange rates
(30.5 Monday, 31 Wed )

I think the exchange rates are set by the airline company from what I read somewhere but I sort of expect that thing in Russia now so I factor that in...

Also, Aeroflot flights get a 5% surcharge in Avantix ( but they do have a disclaimer on the front page ) so you'll have to factor that in.

Sigh...

pengwn9
16-12-2004, 12:14
Originally posted by BlueTrain
I browsed this site and found
http://www.avantix.ru

I've just bought two tickets at a considerably lower price than Infinity insisted on was the lowest price.

They deliver for free.

The price quoted was the price I paid.

The search on this site is faster although some of the site has not been totally translated ( not a big thing since I can read really really slowly ... and I can guess the rest ).

I hope Infinity travel brushes up a bit because they've always been great before and I've never had a problem except for the past month or so..

I just tried to check ticket prices and availability on avantix. The front page has English/Russian/German language options. It had the usual bars for inserting pertinent data. The first was departure city and date (normal phrase) the next was arrival and date. Arrival? I figure this must be 'destination'. But date? I want to arrive hopefully, on the same day. So where do I put in for return flight date? Weird.

I fill in the blanks and it searches. It finds tickets at a price I want to pay. But what does it do on that page? Shifts to Russian! I hit the English option hoping for a page translation--but nope. That sends me back to the home page where I started. Why would it shift from English to Russian when it comes to the details of ticketing and purchase?? I don't read Russian on the home page or any other page. Ggggrrrrrr. I need to do the ENTIRE TRANSACTION in English. Not just half of it!!!

Guess I won't be buying tickets through them any time soon. Dunderheads.

85StoneWhiteFurball
16-12-2004, 12:17
Of the 2, I much prefer Infinity - the one time I had a problem, Infinity did make good by giving me a special deal on another tik. I did use Avantix in the past, but I have switched to Infinity - still in some cases it may pay to compare prices.

koh fever
18-12-2004, 08:01
I must second the complaints about Infinity - had several instances of being quoted a price and reserving a ticket online, and then showing up to pay for it and the price was suddenly significantly higher.

I am, however, a big fan of advantix.ru. I haven't used them all that much, but the times I have they have been great - you get the proce quoted online, and they deliver. And pretty decent customer service - I once missed my flight during the holidays, and went the next day to their office and a fabulous ladies there worked for 30 minutes to straighten it all out and get me on another flight. Considering that it was a very cheap ticket, and that this Russia, I was impressed.

surrealarmada
28-12-2004, 18:06
i made of use of their 'services' recently when i went to their offices in person.Bunch of boarish unprofessionals.No news really then.

tgma
29-12-2004, 10:52
I have had problems with tickets at Infinity, the one time I used them. However, I use them quite a lot for hotels in Moscow, when we have people coming in, and I find them very good.

I've used Avantix more frequently, and they are not bad, and I've certainly never had any problems. I mostly fly to London, and actually get quite good prices by going straight to BA's website.

yankee@moscow
30-12-2004, 17:51
It has happened to me too, but I have also gotten the quoted price from them as well on other occasions. I think that they just don't update their site enough or something? It doesn't seem to be intentional to me, but who knows?