PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Questions regarding TRP and visa

BeachBum
07-08-2009, 18:25
Background:

Submitted my TRP app in June and now waiting for the processing after my TRP is processed. I will receive the TRP stamp in my passport.

Questions:

1) Once I have my TRP do i need a seperate Entry/exit visa each time I leave then re enter Russia?

What this means is the this exit visa is only good for one exit? or good for a specified time frame for multiple exits??

2) If only one exit visa is required what is the duration of the visa? one year?

3) How long to process the exit visa?

4) Is the 6 month maximum out of country a serious law? or has anybody not been looked closely at regarding the time out of country?

thanks!!!

Bels
07-08-2009, 22:04
Background:

Submitted my TRP app in June and now waiting for the processing after my TRP is processed. I will receive the TRP stamp in my passport.

Questions:

1) Once I have my TRP do i need a seperate Entry/exit visa each time I leave then re enter Russia?

What this means is the this exit visa is only good for one exit? or good for a specified time frame for multiple exits??

2) If only one exit visa is required what is the duration of the visa? one year?

3) How long to process the exit visa?

4) Is the 6 month maximum out of country a serious law? or has anybody not been looked closely at regarding the time out of country?

thanks!!!

1) YES

2) 6 months once per year

3) Depends on which FMS. Mine claims quickly. Big ???? here

4) Only guessing here, but it certainlly jeopordise you permanent residence application.

Penguin_The_Great
08-08-2009, 11:44
1. Yes.
2. The visa should be valid until your TRP expires. However, you can only use it once. That is, once you make a trip out of Russia and come back, you need to apply for a new exit/entrance visa.
3. It depends on the region, but should be somewhere around 10-30 days.
4. It absolutely is a serous law. They will be checking your passport at your annual registration. If they discover you've been out of Russia for over 6 months, your TRP will be canceled.