View Full Version : Another TRP related question

05-08-2009, 19:38

Last time I had a question about TRP you guys were so fast at providing the information I needed. I've got another question and I hope someone here can help.

I am planning on moving to Moscow in September. I had a teaching job lined up, but there are problems at their end and it looks like there will be a delay arranging the necessary visa. I have other irons in the fire, but they cannot get ready as early as I'd like to move.

So the question is: If I travel to Moscow with a single entry business visa valid for 90 days and apply for TRP, once this visa expires I have to leave. Can I then apply for another visa (with teacher's visa) whilst TRP is being arranged on the first visa? Basically can I have a different active visa in my passport while TRP is being arranged on the first visa?

Hope I haven't confused everyone :confused1:

05-08-2009, 20:05
No. You must leave once your 90 days are over and hopefully to get your work permit.. However you school employer should guide this you on this matter. Hopefully it's a well established school used to employing English native speakers. If it is Language Link or BKC you should respect their expertise and guidance, and if some other I would be wary.I'm sorry but I might be a little bit out of date, and hopefully a teacher who has been employed this year can respond after me. There appears to be changes in red tape recently on work permits even for teachers, if I am to believe the Moscow Times.

05-08-2009, 20:07
It is common to enter on business visa and for the school to guide you on when you arrive to have it changed. That's the way it is, and should not be treated with suspicion.

06-08-2009, 01:10
Thanks Bels.

I'll check once I'm over in September.

07-08-2009, 23:24
When you receiveit your invitation for visa, is it your employers name and address, and does it state that you will be a teacher?

Let us know how you get on, and if you are with a reputable named employer you should be ok. However redtape in Russia changes all the time,

One big question I would like to ask others of personal experience. Are EFL teachers now in the quata system for work permit, or are the exempt and continue to be in a separate situation?