PDA

View Full Version : Getting a business visa tomorrow - PLEASE HELP

Kelly Ann
31-07-2009, 01:51
:groan:

I'm so stressed out. Any help would be appreciated.

I have to apply for a single-entry business visa tomorrow and I'm filling in the online application form tonight. Do I need to print it out to give it in at the visa office or can I just give them the reference number for my online application? (So they can print it out or bring it up on the screen there?)

I don't have a printer where I am now so if a print copy is required tomorrow I'll have to find a printer before I go to the office.

(Also, does anyone know if there's a passport photobooth there? I'm sure there is but if I get there and there isn't I'm screwed.)

pjw
31-07-2009, 02:11
Hi Kelly Ann,

I know the visa application form is a headache but in fact you've already done the hard part, gotten the invitation etc. Ok, roll up tomorrow, the consulate is in Kensington, u won't be the first who's needed a quick photo, so they'll have a booth there or have one handy nearby, also there'll be an internet café around on Kensington High Street or somewhere so u can print the application form on the way to the consulate. Save it and send it to your email address and then u can access it tomorrow in the café.

I don't wanna be funny, but when you're done tomorrow u can have a nice cuppa and really start looking fwd to things! Your big trip's coming up:-) It's gonna be great Kelly Ann!

Kelly Ann
31-07-2009, 02:53
Thanks pickle. :)

The application form is asking me for the date that I will be leaving Russia. I don't know the date of departure yet! Should I just guess or will that mean I definitely have to leave on that day?!

tasel
31-07-2009, 03:04
You just fill in the date when the visa expires, for the exit date.

pjw
31-07-2009, 03:13
:10293:
Ask them tomorrow at the consulate. I mean u can't ask them everything, but 1 or 2 little questions are allowed surely. :agree: You're gonna feel better when you've got your visa KA!

Kelly Ann
31-07-2009, 03:47
Thanks so much for your help on that guys. I really wasn't sure what the hell to put as the departure date so that really helped me out.

Ok, all done. Now I have to actually go there tomorrow with the printed document. Will they actually hold off processing my application until I go there with my passport?

Qdos
31-07-2009, 08:38
I thought that all UK visa processing for Russian visas was no longer done direct at the Russian Consulate at all, and that since January this year it had been farmed out to a brokerage:-

Russia Visa (http://ru.vfsglobal.co.uk/)

Judge
31-07-2009, 08:44
Take your passport with you.

Ippolit
24-08-2009, 17:14
I thought that all UK visa processing for Russian visas was no longer done direct at the Russian Consulate at all, and that since January this year it had been farmed out to a brokerage:-

Russia Visa (http://ru.vfsglobal.co.uk/)

I can confirm that that is the case. Using it this week in fact. Phone them.

VFS Global
"This service is available to all nationals resident in the United Kingdom who wish to apply for a Russia visa. Visa applications may be submitted without a prior appointment. "

Bels
24-08-2009, 23:42
All official info here at the Russian Embassy. London website. Yes they have now outsourced.

Click here: General requirements to visa documents (http://rusemblon.org/ShowArticleAsPage.aspx?ID=32)