PDA

View Full Version : Seven posters and the raft (a famous parable.)

FussyFrisky
24-11-2004, 13:20
Religious folder on itís raft (see a thread Critical comments only)

The raft on the endless ocean of arguments.

Seven posters inhabit the raft:

The pessimist 85StonesPolarBear (life is an endless suffering and good things are lures to prolong it)

The egocentric DJ Biscuit (whose motto is Carpe diem- enjoy today)

The optimist Shatneresque (scanning horizon for the promised land)

The observer FussyFrisky ( Iíll gladly take up this post)

The altruist Halyavshik

The stoic J.D.(believes in nothing but his own refusal to jump overboard)

The child Eye Opener (believes that everything will be explained in the end and the green shore rise)

;) :p

Halyavshik
24-11-2004, 13:25
Originally posted by FussyFrisky

The altruist Halyavshik

Bit of an oxymoron, no ?

85StonePolarBear
24-11-2004, 13:25

Seven posters inhabit the raft:

The pessimist 85StonesPolarBear (life is an endless suffering and good things are lures to prolong it) ;) :p

HUH? Where did I ever say that life is endless suffering - and if it were so, why would I recommend "good things as lures to prolong it?" And in any case I rarely inhabit the Religion folder; I find it colder and less hospitable than my native Arctic region ;)! Finally, 85 stone = 540 kilograms. I cannot inhabit any raft, especially with six others, as it would tip over!

DJ Biscuit
24-11-2004, 13:27
The egocentric DJ Biscuit (whose motto is Carpe diem- enjoy today)

That would be SEIZE THE DAY. The nihilists motto, which has nothing to do with enjoyment.

FussyFrisky
24-11-2004, 13:46
Originally posted by Halyavshik
Bit of an oxymoron, no ?

I gave you some credit:)

Eye Opener
24-11-2004, 14:00

The child Eye Opener (believes that everything will be explained in the end and the green shore rise)

Now, as everyone has expressed their embarassment... I feel obliged to say a couple of words too... :)

...It has been long ago, when I was called the child last time. Perhaps, I should thank FussyFrisky for seeing my inner child side. :)

Don't try to pin me down on something that I supposedly believe in (your version is still better, than Halyavshik's accusations about my covert intentions to confuse everyone).

:)

FussyFrisky
24-11-2004, 14:07
I didn't intend to offend anyone by allegory!!

It's only that sometime Devil takes it's turn and speaks for myself.

:)

DJ Biscuit
24-11-2004, 14:10
No offence taken, but 'enjoy today' and 'seize the day' have two different meanings, maybe we gave you too much credit!

As to being an egoist or egocentric, that's cool, it means I blend in! ;)

J.D.
24-11-2004, 15:11
Jumping overboard is suicide but if I compel someone else to push me then technically it isn't.

Halyavshik
24-11-2004, 15:24
Originally posted by Eye Opener
your version is still better, than Halyavshik's accusations about my covert intentions to confuse everyone

Eye-Opener,

You seem to have a comprehension problem. I never made any such accusation about any of your intentions, covert or otherwise. I've disagreed with your positions and nothing more.

Regards,
Hal