PDA

View Full Version : A chance to contribute to preservation of Moscow architecture

Viola
28-07-2009, 18:20
Official expositions of development plans of Moscow will be on display in every district till 7th of August. Anyone can find out what are the plans for future development of Moscow up to 2025. Residents can leave their opinions that will be discussed in public hearings on August, 12.
Those who work in the area are also regarded as residents.
The addresses of the expositions could be found here (http://www.stroi.ru/kpr/d3769dr444467m1701.html?p=0#app1) (unfortunately in Russian only).
Work hours 12am to 20pm on work days, 10am to 3pm on weekends.
For Moscovites it is a rare opportunity to give voice in defence of architectural heritage of Moscow. In the opinion book one need to write a name, home/office address (should belong to the assigned district) and opinion that clearly should be in Russian. If anyone (expats) would like to support preservation of some Moscow buildings/districts and will need support in Russian translation I am ready to accompany you to the exposition site. Maybe some other Moscovites will join me.

May I kindly ask the moderators to keep this threat on top till August,7?

josb
11-08-2009, 06:16
- surely some Moscovites are interested in preserving/repairing/adapting older buildings; do you know anything about the Narkomfin Foundation?

Viola
11-08-2009, 11:50
I am afraid I didn't get your question.
- Do I know anything about the Narkomfin Foundation?
- Yes, I do know that they exist, I read about their adaptation project.
Was this the question?:confused:
I am willing to discuss if you write more.

Qdos
11-08-2009, 12:58
May I kindly ask the moderators to keep this threat on top till August,7?

Too late, sorry. Please use PM another time... ;)

Kurtman
20-08-2009, 13:03
A very worthy cause Viola! I visited some years ago and remeber the Voyentorg building near to the Kremlin. Now I see the so called "renovation".........nothing like the original whatsoever. Very sad and I would think that native Moscovites would be very upset about their heritage being destoyed.

Viola
20-08-2009, 13:16
A very worthy cause Viola! I visited some years ago and remeber the Voyentorg building near to the Kremlin. Now I see the so called "renovation".........nothing like the original whatsoever. Very sad and I would think that native Moscovites would be very upset about their heritage being destoyed.

Thank you Kurtman! You are right it is really depressing to see how the city that could be so interesting and nice, and distinctive has been destroyed during less than the period of life of one generation. Many historical buildings have been lost already and I am afraid more will follow.
Big easy money combined with low culture and high corruption give this unfortunate result...

Englishman In Moscow
28-08-2009, 11:49
Well done Viola for highlighting this issue. I am an expat and an Architect- and Moscow's architecture is always a constant delight for me. Not every new building is a welcome addition

Vyka
10-09-2009, 18:06
- surely some Moscovites are interested in preserving/repairing/adapting older buildings; do you know anything about the Narkomfin Foundation?
If you do speak Russian, check the lecture by Ginzburg's grandson-3 Ocotber at Garage Авангард страны советов (http://www.garageccc.ru/events/74/)
The Narkomfin Foundation -what do you want to know about it? It organised an exhibition on Narkomfin and the restoration that is going to take place.The website of the Foundation is Narkomfin (http://www.narkomfin.ru/Eng.aspx)