PDA

View Full Version : Need to register-dilemma

aphraat
17-07-2009, 10:27
Hi, I arrived in Moscow a week ago and have not yet registered my (tourist) visa. I am an Australian passport holder.

I understand there will probably be a fine to pay. I wonder if anyone could suggest an inexpensive organisation that would be able to register my visa for me given that it will probably be a bit more involved due to delay. Also on a rather tight budget!

Thank you in advance for any advice!

Aphraat:bowdown:

Bels
17-07-2009, 10:44
I assume you came as a tourist without booking into a hotel, of which it would have been easy. Where did you stay?

I hope someone can help, and yes this visa and registration method is riduculous when you happen to be here simply as an Australian tourist. Not good promotion for the Russian tourist industry when an Australian tourist has so much inconvenience.

I for example got registered from my Russian girlfriend's flat, and she did it all for me. You do need help if you don't know Russian.

TZski
17-07-2009, 11:43
Hi, I arrived in Moscow a week ago and have not yet registered my (tourist) visa. I am an Australian passport holder.

I understand there will probably be a fine to pay. I wonder if anyone could suggest an inexpensive organisation that would be able to register my visa for me given that it will probably be a bit more involved due to delay. Also on a rather tight budget!

Thank you in advance for any advice!

Aphraat:bowdown:

-If you used an agency for your visa processing just ask them to register you -I use this company: RNG - Travel to Russia. Russian visas, tours, cruises and excursions. (http://www.russia-travel.com/pages/visas.htm) - They always register me hassle free (for a fee, of course)...

From their website:
IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT REGISTERING RUSSIAN VISAS:
Russian visas must be registered in the first 3 business days after your arrival. This can be done either at your hotel free of charge, OR at our downtown Moscow or St. Petersburg offices on the spot. Registration fee is $60, we'll send you registration instructions with your issued visa.

-If not, try a hostel/hotel (but you'll have to book at least a night or two w/them)
I've used this website before: Hostels & Youth Hostels Worldwide - Online Bookings (http://www.hostelworld.com/)

-Or if you speak/read Russian you can try to do it yourself at a post office ...

Cheers!

Mayakovskaya
17-07-2009, 13:22
Yes you can!

I reg'd 10 days late no problem. 400r. (So did my russian gf who's from another russian city).

Easy Directions: but you have to get on the street outside the correct metro station for it to make sense....

the 'agency' is directly across "ring road" from Chkalovskaya metro (Chkalovskaya metro - lime green line #10- is adjacent Kurskaya station- on brown ring)
w/ ur back to Chkalovskaya metro (and train station) cross under 'ring road' and proceed up hill 20 m. On the left you'll see a broken electronic "exchange rate" (it reads all zeros)...go in there!

bring your passport, card you got from airport + 400r. They'll make a copy and you come back next day after 5pm or so.

They basically reg you (with real reg papers) at a hotel that doesn't exist.

So you might wonder if it works?

..well, I've been stopped by militsa and the reg papers passed each time.

I know it sound a bit dodgy...but Russia IS a dodgy place. welcome!

(I've also been told there's a similar agency across from the Kremlin, but I havnt been)

PM me if you get lost.

trebor
17-07-2009, 13:38
Another point to remember with registration is that once it's expired it's difficult to find a hotel that will except you. They will ask for your current registration when you check in. If you havn't got it they ask for your migration card for proof of your arrival date.
It is possible to find a hotel who will do it for the usual fee but it ain't easy. Best to use an agent and probably a lot cheaper.

aphraat
17-07-2009, 13:50
I am now sitting in a cafe opposite the dodgy registration place described.

Utterly pain free registration in one day - and moreover, they only charged me 200 roubles (for a 30 day registration).

I was concerned that I had been here a week without registering and they simply asked if I would like registration back dated!

Highly, highly recommended.

Viva la dodginess!

Thanks so much again.

aphraat
17-07-2009, 14:04
The dodgy place in question: Metro Kurskaya

And they DO have the option for registering for only 200 roubles (at an obshezhitie - hostel). Wonderful!

Mayakovskaya
17-07-2009, 16:07
yes!

200r for 30 day tourist visa
400r for 3 months double entry business visa.

they actually have a website...I just can't find it at the moment.

Address: ул. Воронцово Поле, 18 (Vorontsovo Pole 18, same entrance as a defunct пункты обмена валют)

Basically, across the ring road (to the left) from Atrium shopping mall - Kurskaya train station...20 m up ул. Воронцово Поле (left side, look for обмена валют reading 000.00, walk in that entrance)

Again, it is a dodgy entrance...but a very useful agency. Have fun!

Remington
17-07-2009, 20:53

Mayakovskaya
18-07-2009, 01:41
"I wouldn't bother with registration since FMS... or you could bribe them to let you go.

Next time register within 3 business days."

FFSakes cowboy!

Do even bother to read the threads you comment upon?

Or is it...that you actually ENJOY the taste of the diarrhea coming from your own mouth!!!

Mayakovskaya
18-07-2009, 01:57
Perhaps its true...you can't read....so let me read to you:

I was concerned that I had been here a week without registering....and they simply asked if I would like registration back dated!

Highly, highly recommended.

That was the purpose of the thread...i.e., to give helpful advise.

Not to listen to your hopeful dreams and farmland ineptness...

Fk cowboy, you annoy me!

Remington
18-07-2009, 19:46
Why don't you just **** off. I'm simply gave my opinion and you don't have to like it. I'm made a suggestion based on the fact I know from someone else who went thru the same thing. DO NOTHING and hope they don't get caught! I'm amazed how some people do not respect the law and register on time like all other expats in Russia. Obviously this person was LAZY to register on time and it's not that difficult to do. Of course he's a tourist but he should know better when he got the invitation and visa. You got some serious issues with your language.

Again.. then why are you defending the guy who broke the law? Who's inept?