PDA

View Full Version : Good Bye

wwwoland
18-11-2004, 12:03
Ladies, Gentlemen, Expats and Bardakians,

For the last many years Moscow has proven a worthy playground for fun, enjoyment, and a bit of mischief. However, I now find it is time to move on in search of new entertainment, more challenges and a much more hospitable climate (i.e., I got relocated). So with a somewhat heavy heart my cat Begemot and I take our leave, soon to be sitting under palm trees on an Asian island sipping Singapore Sings eagerly awaiting our next playful escapades.

There will be occasion from time to time when we may pop back in to the Expat.ru world just to make sure everyone is behaving him/herself. But I’d like to take this opportunity to thank you – the old standbys who participated in the previous version of this site, to the newbies who after a bit of initial harassment usually fit right in. Kshisya, Moscowmail, SFJ, Ned, Polarbear (and many other aliases), Sid, Punch, Pussy Cat, Vanilla, Kniga, Fa-Q, Sadie, Limitchik (et.al), Ghost and even Natalia Apple (of course it would be impossible to name you all without sounding like an academy award spewage), you’ve made my workdays a bit more enjoyable by providing basically the best time-wasting activity since sitting in the eternal probka on Leningradsky prospekt . And while not a regular boozer and a bit of a lurker, there are some dear friends on this site that I will remember and cherish always.

Take care everyone and enjoy the cold, dark winter. :p So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, goodbye.

Wwwoland

85StonePolarBear
18-11-2004, 12:07
All my aliases will miss you and wish you good luck in your new location!

Ned Kelly
18-11-2004, 12:07
enjoy the sunshine ya lucky bugger! i'm going to miss your all-too-brief forays here, they were invariably entertaining.

all the best.

kak
18-11-2004, 12:10
All the best to you in your island ;)

Pooty Poot
18-11-2004, 12:24
Originally posted by wwwoland
So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, goodbye.

You completely spoiled an otherwise touching post with that 'Sound of Music' quote.

wwwoland
18-11-2004, 12:59
Originally posted by Pooty Poot
You completely spoiled an otherwise touching post with that 'Sound of Music' quote.

What, you got the hots for Liesl or something Mr. Pres?

Pooty Poot
18-11-2004, 13:06
What, you got the hots for Liesl or something Mr. Pres?

Definitely ! I like a lot of things but I'd have to say that girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes, snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes, silver white winters that melt into springs, these are few of my favorite things.

Sadie
18-11-2004, 13:20
So with a somewhat heavy heart my cat Begemot and I take our leave, soon to be sitting under palm trees on an Asian island sipping Singapore Sings eagerly awaiting our next playful escapades.
Phew :rolleyes: Traitor! "Somewhat heavy heart under a palm tree" - tell ya stories somebody else :p

Ladno, blin, be cool! I'll miss ur cat :D

Kshisya
18-11-2004, 13:29
Dear wwwoland!

Despite you never posted much and indeed was more of a lurker :) despite I only saw you once in "flesh an blood" i.e. live :D

I would like to express my best wishes to you with a new assignement and enjoyable life at some new environment.

You were one of the most intellegent, eloquent and modest participant of this virtual mess and I was delighted to meet you in person and read your comments when you hononred us with such ;)

Have a great time wherever you are and don't forget that Internet is actually almost everywhere so make sure you lurk on us and show up some time again! :agree:

Good luck! ...:rolleyes: and take some :sunny: for me!! :hooray:

wwwoland
18-11-2004, 17:55
Originally posted by Kshisya
Dear wwwoland!

Despite you never posted much and indeed was more of a lurker :) despite I only saw you once in "flesh an blood" i.e. live :D

I would like to express my best wishes to you with a new assignement and enjoyable life at some new environment.

You were one of the most intellegent, eloquent and modest participant of this virtual mess and I was delighted to meet you in person and read your comments when you hononred us with such

Have a great time wherever you are and don't forget that Internet is actually almost everywhere so make sure you lurk on us and show up some time again!

Miss K -- the pleasure was indeed all mine! And like many of the long-timers I've definitely got Russia in the blood and will very likely be back on the site from time to time. Probably the same number of posts, just less lurking! :) And who knows, maybe I'll be lucky enough someday to return to Moscow. Although the palm trees are looking pretty good about now! :p

:) :D ;) :cool: :agree: (and a few more Kshisya-inspired emoticons for good measure) :p

kot begemot
18-11-2004, 18:03
Miss K -- the pleasure was indeed all mine! And like many of the long-timers I've definitely got Russia in the blood and will very likely be back on the site from time to time. Probably the same number of posts, just less lurking! :) And who knows, maybe I'll be lucky enough someday to return to Moscow. Although the palm trees are looking pretty good about now! :p

:) :D ;) :cool: :agree: (and a few more Kshisya-inspired emoticons for good measure) :p

AACK OPP PPPTTTHH BAAAPP KKHUUUB BLLEAHH!

(Translation: "Ditto! And I'll miss you too Sadie"

ACKKKK!

Maine Surfer
18-11-2004, 21:17
good luck and best wishes.