PDA

View Full Version : why do people on expat turn opinions to pissing contests?

kapione
13-07-2009, 12:26
time after time here on expat people are entitled to their opinions, then other start fights, make it people make it personal....
what ever happened to valueing someone elses opinion?

and why is there so much hijacking other peoples Posts , these are for opinions+answers .... it isnt a chat room...you want to chat , go in a chat room or ICQ/QIP or any of the other galaxy or instant messengers

EXPAT is for helping and sharing ideas , not personal attacks, pissing contests or anything like this .....

If you have nothing nice to say , dont say it , especially here on expat

tukiva
13-07-2009, 12:30
any examples?

trebor
13-07-2009, 13:20
Yeah, come on. We want names! :mml:

pjw
13-07-2009, 13:31
Names, numbers, dates, links to posts please.

IGIT
13-07-2009, 15:52
human nature I guess.

pjw
13-07-2009, 15:54
human nature I guess.You mean like dog eat dog?

trebor
13-07-2009, 16:38
You mean like dog eat dog?

That would be canine nature. ;)

pjw
13-07-2009, 16:57
That would be canine nature. ;)Woof woof!

Miracle77777
13-07-2009, 18:39
time after time here on expat people are entitled to their opinions, then other start fights, make it people make it personal....

and why is there so much hijacking other peoples Posts , these are for opinions+answers .... it isnt a chat room...you want to chat , go in a chat room or ICQ/QIP or any of the other galaxy or instant messengers

EXPAT is for helping and sharing ideas , not personal attacks, pissing contests or anything like this .....

Hi, dear Kapione))

I appreciate your opinions....

but , actually last few months I do not see any big problems.....

Compare with last year - it is soooo much relaxing here.....much less spies from redtape...

And as for some small battles - it is life...)))

Hope it will not scared others from communication here.....
:lovepot:

privet2009
13-07-2009, 20:45
Its a LOT better now than it was five years ago - when a small clique attacked many newcomers and scared a lot of people away. Those people have now gone elsewhere...

This place is cool man! I don't see any nasty people here do you?

If there are... just kick their butt :)

w.meijerink
13-07-2009, 21:16

Sorry Kapione, just a few days ago I made compliments to alle the people here that they are so kindfull and always try to help.
And now you write this what I don't understand, ok sometime we make jokes to each other or from each other.
I don't know how long I'm here, but I has never problems with anybody.

:rolleyes:Ok sometimes I lost my wife after marriage or a truck with beer is missing ?

:9456:Oh, dear you mean.........................................:9456:

kapione
14-07-2009, 01:19
you all know what Im saying.... Help your neighbor , dont bust his balls
red tape is in a tarpit ....

if your angry , do something nice , if someone did you a favour, keep the energy , do someone else a favour

if you dont Kharma will bite you on your ass ! ;-)

XxL0sTxX
14-07-2009, 02:20
while im still a new member on this site
considering all u guyz and ur yearz in this site...
i found out that this site is actually one of the best iv ever registered 2.
Among other thingz iv meet some really nice people and made alot of good
friendz.
And if what ur saying was true in the past i hope it stayz that way cauze this
site is 2 die for :beerbros::celebrate:

AndreyS
14-07-2009, 02:25
Yes, friendly people here. It wasn't like this a couple of years ago, there were fightings...
But a lot of bad people have left since then. A lot of good ones either. ;-)

w.meijerink
14-07-2009, 02:52
Yes, friendly people here. It wasn't like this a couple of years ago, there were fightings...
But a lot of bad people have left since then. A lot of good ones either. ;-)

To tell you the true I don't know who is gone, I'm only remember that i thought Mickey want to leave us and that we order him to stay with :inlove::ak: and :7525:.
For the rest include Mickey (who is naked under his dress) i see them like my friends.
Some of them I will met in the future, some of them I will met never in this live, but still they are my friends.
When I'm coming home after a day of hard work they are here listen to my problems and give advice for free (Dr. Phill ask $200 and more for one houre).
When I have a crazy day we laugh together and when somebody has problem we try to help him/her, it's the same when I drive somewhere in Europe and I see a car with dutch license, you will blink with lights and put up your hand.

It's our family far away from our home who is always there for each other.

AndreyS
14-07-2009, 03:00
Many, many left, Willem.

w.meijerink
14-07-2009, 03:19
Many, many left, Willem.

I don't hope it's my responsibility, because your are member from june and I'm from august 2007.
And of course a lot of expat will forget that he was a expat when he is traveling home.

But when good people leave it's a'lways sad, maybe a idea for the moderators to organize a reunion???

Kraven Morehead
14-07-2009, 03:41
Kapoine, I can understand what you are saying. Most of the crew at Redtape are great people, but even one small rat turd in salad will spoil the meal. That is why I am here and not there. But on average, the people on Redtape are excellent people also. My view is that if we just slag them, we are doing the same thing that we are accusing them of doing.

But I have seen some professional sh*t disturbers/Trolls here also. In general, I just ignore them or avoid them. They are just looking for an audience, so just do not give it to them. The forum is like real life. There is people that you do not want to deal with or see, but you have to.

pjw
14-07-2009, 20:48
Examples would be useful here thanks.

XxL0sTxX
14-07-2009, 22:55
what is this redtape everyone keeps takin about ?? :question:

AndreyS
14-07-2009, 23:04
Redtape is an annoying bureaucratic procedure - that's exactly what it is! ;-)'

TGP
14-07-2009, 23:34
Many, many left, Willem.

True, many left, and a few were banned, and you know what? The site became less spicy.

pjw
14-07-2009, 23:46
True, many left, and a few were banned, and you know what? The site became less spicy.Ok. Maurice was banned, he enjoyed chasing people and hurting them. He was OTT, and Sal was banned because he knew no limits and moaned endlessly. This wasn't spice IMHO

Or do u have some other examples in mind?

AndreyS
14-07-2009, 23:58
True, many left, and a few were banned, and you know what? The site became less spicy.
Spicy? It's dead now compared to what it used to be. Still I feel comfortable here now. I don't want to see rude and aggressive people here.

TGP
15-07-2009, 00:04
Ok. Maurice was banned, he enjoyed chasing people and hurting them. He was OTT, and Sal was banned because he knew no limits and moaned endlessly. This wasn't spice IMHO

Or do u have some other examples in mind?

Well, Maurice had several nick names, and he wrote quite interesting things under some of them.
Sal... I sitll miss him! He had an amazing ability to make people talk, and talk out, his nagging provoked long detailed discussions, and some of his remarks were hilarious. I think he could be an excellent interviewer. :D

OK, if you don't like "spicy", call it "alive". The site is not what it used to be in this respect.

But it's also only my opinion.

AndreyS
15-07-2009, 00:08
The other day one American girl made me laugh by writing: Oh Andrey could you please give me your sincere onion on the following issue...
Isn't that funny?

TGP
15-07-2009, 00:10
The other day one American girl made me laugh by writing: Oh Andrey could you please give me your sincere onion on the following issue...
Isn't that funny?

I don't know what she asked you about, but maybe she really needed to hear some clever words? ;)

AndreyS
15-07-2009, 00:13
I don't know what she asked you about, but maybe she really needed to hear some clever words? ;)

The problem is I have neither sincere onions nor kitchengarden.

TGP
15-07-2009, 00:18
Ah, I see, sorry, did not pay attention to the typo

TGP
15-07-2009, 00:21
The problem is I have neither sincere onions nor kitchengarden.

Me either, and I start thinking this is the reason for being down. Probably. Eh?
Sincere onions would help to find answeres to some tough qeustions, me thinks....

AndreyS
15-07-2009, 00:29
Another example. Once I was drinking with two Brits. One of them was complaining about his wife and his wedlock falling apart. The other guy advised him to invite her out on a picnic, buy some vodka and various pickles and drink and relax with her. The first guy was annoyed by these words and shouted: Now I know my familly problem! Not enough pickles!

pjw
15-07-2009, 00:38
Well, Maurice had several nick names, and he wrote quite interesting things under some of them.
Sal... I sitll miss him! He had an amazing ability to make people talk, and talk out, his nagging provoked long detailed discussions, and some of his remarks were hilarious. I think he could be an excellent interviewer. :D

OK, if you don't like "spicy", call it "alive". The site is not what it used to be in this respect.

But it's also only my opinion.Ok I know u liked Maurice. That's your opinion. But I think that posting under several forum nicks is not a good way. It's also not allowed by forum rules. I'm not the big obeyer of rules in life, believe me, but there are reasons for only posting under one forum name. This is one of the reasons why Maurice was banned. For trying to cheat. Playing games etc.

There are reasons that u like Maurice and some reasons that i hope he stays away for a while. Just as there are some reasons u say Sal would be a great interviewer and I may say that sometimes he - i don't know - Sal was always Sal. As he always said, He wasn't the Sal in real life that we saw here! I miss him too sometimes and also think about him.

But I don't think that's the reason why forum's a bit quiet at the moment. U've been on forum a few summers TGP. Me too. I think - as we said this time last year - people will start popping their heads back in after these Summer evenings have passed. Posmotrim? I think what we need are some foreign guests to stir up a f.g party at Papa's next month!

Willy
15-07-2009, 01:17

This sounds more like redtape than here.

Or maybe this post is a year or two late?

vladimir_seroff
15-07-2009, 07:30
Aren't people doing it everywhere? I watch CNBC every day, for instance. This is exactly what happens there. The reason why I brought up CNBC is because it is, supposedly, one of less politicized networks.

Ghostly Presence
15-07-2009, 15:22
I tend to agree with TGP a forum with no troublemaker might feel kind of... castrated. That is not to say that we should employ internet to hurl insults and obscenities at each other but an agitated discussion of some touchy subject can be fun and can certainly help one make through another boring day at the office. :)

w.meijerink
15-07-2009, 15:46
I tend to agree with TGP a forum with no troublemaker might feel kind of... castrated. That is not to say that we should employ internet to hurl insults and obscenities at each other but an agitated discussion of some touchy subject can be fun and can certainly help one make through another boring day at the office. :)

Don't worry we have troublemakers enough, you could them troublemakers we could them moderators :jester:

tukiva
15-07-2009, 15:51
seems like i ve missed some fun here....

w.meijerink
15-07-2009, 18:03
seems like i ve missed some fun here....

Where, where, where you see fun..................

AndreyS
15-07-2009, 18:34

Ghostly, aren't you stressed out enough at work? Personally I prefer to relax here... Like in the bar...

w.meijerink
15-07-2009, 19:12
Ghostly, aren't you stressed out enough at work? Personally I prefer to relax here... Like in the bar...

Yep relax, drinks and get :11581:

:ok:

is4fun
15-07-2009, 20:05
Spicy? It's dead now compared to what it used to be. Still I feel comfortable here now. I don't want to see rude and aggressive people here.

I have been here for over 5 years and have actively participated in many conversations that were either offensive, contrite, boring, conciliatory, helpful, inspiring, silly or amusing. I also started threads that were either provocative, offensive or just boring to people I have been accustomed to know through their posts. And so what? I use this site to better my understanding of the world around me. I don't wish to offend anyone, however, this is indeed impossible even in the bounds of the posted rules, as the rules cannot define individual realities and morals. Funny, however, but not really, there are those who plainly give up a good argument for whatever reason. (Myself in many cases) No harm done, really. Just move on and try to learn something else if your answer is not found here... That is what a forum is all about: Other people's opinions. As for being offended? All I see is text... Indeed, some of which, I can incorporate into my understanding of life and others I simply discard. :)

TGP
15-07-2009, 23:24

But relaxation may be different. Drinking beer all the time, or having a gulp of good cognac. Feel the difference, as they say.

Or just like laughter: silly giggling or outburst of sound laughter. Both are good, but they should go in turn to my mind.

AndreyS
15-07-2009, 23:37
But relaxation may be different. Drinking beer all the time, or having a gulp of good cognac. Feel the difference, as they say.

Or just like laughter: silly giggling or outburst of sound laughter. Both are good, but they should go in turn to my mind.

It doesn't imply any heated debate let alone wrath imho. The more stupid giggling/belly laughter, the better. The bestest one is that without any reason - it seems to be the most sound.

TGP
15-07-2009, 23:46
It doesn't imply any heated debate let alone wrath imho. The more stupid giggling/belly laughter, the better. The bestest one is that without any reason.

I have a bit different approach. Giggling can be not only stupid, and a heated debate can be a good exercise for brains. Yes, I know, one may be too loaded with work, and get tired of it, but it's not too good to think only about the work and then relax in the way which produces only stupid giggling.

No wrath or insults, of course, but a good serious discussion with a humorous hint is good in all respects.

AndreyS
15-07-2009, 23:56
I love such kind of discussions where people talk about serious matters and at the same time don't feel shy to show they are imbeciles. And laugh in a silly manner. Alcohol helps.

w.meijerink
16-07-2009, 00:23
I have a bit different approach. Giggling can be not only stupid, and a heated debate can be a good exercise for brains. Yes, I know, one may be too loaded with work, and get tired of it, but it's not too good to think only about the work and then relax in the way which produces only stupid giggling.

No wrath or insults, of course, but a good serious discussion with a humorous hint is good in all respects.

Here we say " A day without a laught is a day with no live"

Or something like that :eh:

I always say " A day without Se :11363: is a day without :11363:

Qdos
16-07-2009, 09:38

Dare I throw in the mention of... pot, kettle, black... :jester:

http://www.expat.ru/forum/computers-electronics-gadgets/149319-do-you-have-computer-problems.html#post530270

w.meijerink
16-07-2009, 11:16
Dare I throw in the mention of... pot, kettle, black... :jester:

http://www.expat.ru/forum/computers-electronics-gadgets/149319-do-you-have-computer-problems.html#post530270

When the kettle is black you has to clean him.

If the kettle is not black, I understand your cold water problem :D

moscow77
16-07-2009, 12:14
i agree with kapione,some of the new comers are asking for help but some of us give them replys it has nothing to do with the tread or make fun of that person, you wanna example read the post made by that african guy asking for help. and see what kind of replys that he got. this is no mans land and nobody rules here we are all expats surviving and living in Russia, nobody is better than me and i am not better than anyone.

pjw
16-07-2009, 12:25
.......you wanna example read the post made by that african guy asking for help. and see what kind of replys that he got........Link please:-)

Bels
16-07-2009, 12:25
i agree with kapione,some of the new comers are asking for help but some of us give them replys it has nothing to do with the tread or make fun of that person, you wanna example read the post made by that african guy asking for help. and see what kind of replys that he got. this is no mans land and nobody rules here we are all expats surviving and living in Russia, nobody is better than me and i am not better than anyone.

I am sure there are many expats helping newbies a lot here including myself, kapione, ezik, judge, JD, AndreyS, etc etc etc. That is why expat.ru is the best site in Russia for expats because there are many of us here who do want to help and contribute. But yes sometimes we like to windup people just simply to wake the site up when it starts to look as tired as some other expat sites. Sometimes these windups are ppreciated, sometimes not as we are only human.

Now please refer us to this African by posting his link and one of us will try and help if we can. Sometimes we can't and we will simply make a funny or strange comment. But that strange comment has already helped by keeping the thread on top for someone more knowledgable to notice it, and help.

Bels
16-07-2009, 12:29
WOW! Kapione. A most popular thread with 52 posts in three days. And it's not politics?
:10806::10806:

Gypsy
16-07-2009, 12:34
answer to Thread title: Because they can.

moscow77
16-07-2009, 12:42
i'll see if i can find that again. but it could be in introductions.. and i will fallow up such instigators and will let you all know. i am for the helping eachother...
thank you all, this is a good site, and good manner people

Bels
16-07-2009, 12:51
A suggestion to admin? An unanswered posts button for the use of all members? I have seen this on an inferior expat forum and it seemed about the only useful idea they had. And No! I am not talking about redtape.

pjw
16-07-2009, 13:19
Yes an interesting idea! Tell me about this unanswered post button Bels. What is it? How does it work? Do u think we could incorporate this function on forum? как ты думаешь?

Judge
16-07-2009, 21:09
'' unanswered post''
At the top you have ''new posts '' and ''ispy'' both of these will show you recent posts and if there's been a reply.It's like the ''Moscowwiki'' link..Lots of useful info in there.

Judge
16-07-2009, 21:23
By the way, for the Ladies and Gents who don't know what Kapione is on about in his first post..He's on about this part of the forum.
Current Affairs - The Moscow Expat Forums (http://www.expat.ru/forum/current-affairs/)

kapione
17-07-2009, 12:20
my Thread was diluted + hijacked ....
my point and original intent was made

if you missed the point , read the beginning thread

Expat is for helping others

peoples threads arent for argueing
peoples posts arent a chat room

be positive .... Add positive material to help make the post more accurate

personally when I want to chat I use ICQ / yahoo messenger / AIM /MSN messenger
anyone here on expat wants to join me on these systems , PM me , you are welcome if you want to be civilized
Mods please close this Thread ...my point was made if it wasnt clear

DDT
17-07-2009, 12:30
I have no idea what you are talking about! What pissing match? Nobody's pissing! You know what...you're the pisser....yeah that's right. You are doing the pissing. Everything on this forum is just peachy......all except for you that is. No body ever wants to start an argument here and it's always been peaceful and quiet here, too. Until you came along with all the pissing. But maybe you are confusing Expatru with another forum. That's what I think! What have you got to say about that Mr Pisser Hmmmm? ............Hmmmmmmmmmm?.................................................................... Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?????

Judge
17-07-2009, 13:03
True it is, and this site does a great job helping others who seek info about Russia.BeachBum's post about Temp rez sums up this site well, he went out of his way to help others.Many more members do the same over and over again.
I was tallking to Mud the other day, he first came to Russia in the early 90's.He said that if a site like this was up and running when he first came here it would have made life in Russia alot easier for him.Many people have made good friends because of this site,hey mate, even you and me,we got to know each other in the real world because of this site..
The current affairs section is a place where people can debate,argue till they are blue in the face..It's good now and again to let off some steam.

Arnie says it best.
YouTube- Let off some steam Bennett!

dontcallme
18-07-2009, 14:39
I haven't found any real problems on this site. Occasionally I've seen people give opinions and then others turn it into a banter session but that's natural in a forum.

Willy
18-07-2009, 20:27
my Thread was diluted + hijacked ....
my point and original intent was made

if you missed the point , read the beginning thread

peoples threads arent for argueing
peoples posts arent a chat room

be positive .... Add positive material to help make the post more accurate

personally when I want to chat I use ICQ / yahoo messenger / AIM /MSN messenger
anyone here on expat wants to join me on these systems , PM me , you are welcome if you want to be civilized
Mods please close this Thread ...my point was made if it wasnt clear

No it wasn't.

If this forum is so bad why don't you just go to the other?