PDA

View Full Version : How to obtain a work permit here in moscow

paddyenzo
12-07-2009, 14:15
Hello people,

I've been living in russia for 5 years now on a student visa, i just graduated and would like to get a work-permit in order for me to work here.
Please help with advice on how to go about it and what is need!

Thanks alot!

tgma
16-07-2009, 13:36
I would suggest you search around this forum, especially the section on work permits - basically, the work permit is something that your employer applies for, and on the basis of this permit, you get a visa. No employer, no work permit.

Without a work permit, the only other way to reside here for more than 3 months is to get a residency permit - again there is lots of information on this site, in the section market residency permit, or do a search.

Bels
16-07-2009, 13:38
Find the job first and if it is a suitable international company you will get you work permit.

What kind of work are you looking for?

Bels
16-07-2009, 13:43
I would suggest you search around this forum, especially the section on work permits - basically, the work permit is something that your employer applies for, and on the basis of this permit, you get a visa. No employer, no work permit.

Without a work permit, the only other way to reside here for more than 3 months is to get a residency permit - again there is lots of information on this site, in the section market residency permit, or do a search.

I have yet to know an expat to get residency without marriage to a Russian. And reading the Moscow Times the qouta number has recently been reduced.

In fact due to this reduction, foreign corporate companies are going to have great difficulty on re- employing their own employees each year. Not good for the investing companies here, and not good for Russia as a whole.

paddyenzo
17-07-2009, 01:04
Find the job first and if it is a suitable international company you will get you work permit.

What kind of work are you looking for?

Thanks for d reply. I'm an aircraft maintenance engineer, I just graduated a few weeks ago. looking for a job in this field, but as it is, I don't mind taking up any job for now...

Bels
17-07-2009, 01:11
Do you speak Russian? If not you may have a problem. The only job available in Russia I can think of without needing the Russian language would be an EFL teacher.

paddyenzo
17-07-2009, 15:22
Do you speak Russian? If not you may have a problem. The only job available in Russia I can think of without needing the Russian language would be an EFL teacher.

I speak fluent Russian, I studied in a Russian university, where the language of instruction is Russian. I don't have a problem with the language and getting along with the people. it's just difficult to get a job these days.

trebor
17-07-2009, 15:34
I speak fluent Russian, I studied in a Russian university, where the language of instruction is Russian. I don't have a problem with the language and getting along with the people. it's just difficult to get a job these days.

Paddy,

as an outside shot go to Mollys Gwynn's on New Arbat for a drink one evening. There used to be a Brit. sat at the bar most times in the airline mantainace business. Ask around in there. Can't remember his name.
Not sure if he has survived the downturn but worth a punt if you like a drink anyway.
Lots of other expats in there too.

trebor
17-07-2009, 20:25
........the manager and bar staff will know him. He lived just around the corner behind Molly's

paddyenzo
17-07-2009, 21:14
........the manager and bar staff will know him. He lived just around the corner behind Molly's

thanks for d info, i'll check him out!