PDA

View Full Version : Going to Forums after logging in...

murbanski
10-09-2003, 07:34
Hey Guys,

When I log in and go to any other portion of the site from the homepage (employment, relo guide, etc...), then return to the home page and click on the Forums link, I get a screen showing a login error (like I used an incorrect username/password). I have to log out and log in again if I want to go to Forums after using any of the links on the homepage.

Not sure if this is an error...or gremlins...or...something more nefarious. ;)

Thanks.

Mike.

moscowmail
10-09-2003, 11:11
You shouldn't need to log in again, try refresh, I think it may be a cookie probelm...whatever that means

Speak to Tuetonic Diety

L

Braders
10-09-2003, 14:37
If you don't want to login again when you see the incorrect username/password page click 'user cp' then click The Moscow Expat Forums i have the same problem sometimes and do this.

I have found that the Dining Out, Real Estate links on main page don't work for me, they are javascript submenus and don't open logged in or out?

murbanski
11-09-2003, 05:34
Thanks guys. Wasn't anything to lose sleep over, just an aberration that struck me as odd.

Best,

Mike.

Teutonic Deity
01-10-2003, 01:19
another trick to avoid problems - when you open up the expat site from within the forums, right click on the link and then on "open in new window" - this way you remain logged into the forums while you browse around elsewhere