PDA

View Full Version : TRP- Official Dummies Guide

BeachBum
10-07-2009, 23:03
This is the "Dummies Guide to making your Temporary Residency Permit (TRP) in the Russian Federation

I just finished mine. It is easy!

Please note: This guide does not address persons with children or persons not on Quota. e.g. those without a Russian spouse. But for most practical matters, the people with children have only few extra steps and those without a russian spouse dont have a chance.

Rules of the Road:

All documents not made in the RF need to be Apostilled (Legalized) and Translated.
Notarize ALL documents Foreign and Russian.
Stop whining and do the application yourself. My Russian sucks and I had no problems.That said you will need the assistance of a Russian speaker to assist with the application and a visit to the yFMS (Foreign Migration Service) initially if your Russian is really bad.
Forget about Lawyers and assistance services. All the information you need is provided from the Foreign Migration Service for free. Lawyers are all crooks. ALL of THEM! This includes various consultants who despite what they say cannot do anything for you! READ THIS: You have to submit the application yourself and sit in front of the yFMS agent. Liga is BS. Understand?!?

List of documents to be submitted:

(READ!!! These are documents you need to hand-in with application)

-2 completed copies of the application form (unsigned).
-HIV certificate
-Medical Certificate from Ministry of Health.
-Original Criminal History Report.
-Copy your passport, migration card, and registration.
-Copy Marriage Certificate.
-Copy first page of your spouses internal passport.
-Copy University Diploma.
That is it!!!! No financials, no residency doc's, no money, no backrubs... Thats it Dummies!!!!

****Super Dummy Note: In case you are a complete Idiot. Read Rules of the Road #1 and don't forget to apply it to this list of documents.****

General information about the documents

This is a Dummies How to Guide. So READ THIS DUMMIES. Use your brain.

A) IMPORTANT!!!! Certify Certify Certify Remember: A-T-N

Special Note: Expat Dummies love to debate and question everything. I will bet a month of my small salary that 10 idiots will debate whether or not Apostilles on various documents are required. Take my advice. Stop your whining and just do it! Apostille everything. Which in our case is the Criminal History Report, and Marriage Certificate. Which is nothing!!!!! Just do it!!!! This way there is not question as to the authenticity of a document. Duh!!!!!

-If the doc is not issued from Russia it needs to be certified as genuine.
To "certify" a document as genuine the Russians require that it is:
BIG WORD here - "Apostilled" or for you Brits "Legalized"!

Note: Read my post on Apostilles here for a more detailed description of the Apostille or Legalization Process: http://www.expat.ru/forum/temporary-permanent-residency/104981-american-only-trp-official-answers-re-apostille.html

B) Translations - Duh, yFMS needs to read your doc! If it ain't written in Russian it has to be. Need I say more?!

C) Notarizations - Russians would notarize the lable to your toilet cleaner if it was important. They Notarize everything. The Notary will only notarize your doc if it is Apostilled. That means you need to get it Apostilled first before you can get it Notarized. Got it?!?

A-T-N = Apostille then Translate then Notarize and your life is easy!!!!

"But Jeez BeachBum What if my document was issued in Russia?"

You got married in Russia??? ,,,,,,, Great!!!, It is a Russian document.
Do you need to Apostille it??? ,,,,,,"No dummy". it is a Russian document.
Do you need to Translate it???,,,,,, "No dummy" it is already in Russian.
Do you need to Notarize it???,,,,,, " Yes Dummy!!! " - (see Rules of the Road #1)

Specifics of individual documents: (VERY IMPORTANT!!!)

Note: This section explains details of the specific documents. Places and locations to obtain the doc's are addressed in this dummy guide later.

Application form - It is a 4 page form. With general information such as place of work. family information. etc. The form must be filled in precisely as required. This mean dates must be written "##.##.#### goda." all names correctly spelled as indicated on the documents submitted. (if spelling differs it will be rejected). In general, all information must be answered EXACTLY as on the sample form posted at the office. Small note: The sample form is written in block letters (Russian). Don't worry. yFMS is not that anal. They will accept it in written Russian. SO how do you know for sure? Easy!!! Go to the "local" office where you will submit your application and photograph or copy the SAMPLE application they have posted on the wall and do your exactly the same!!!! Don't listen to the other dummies on this site. Just do it like they show you at your local yFMS office. Note: I went to Pokrovka 42, and 2 other offices and the SAMPLE form was slightly different at each office. So make sure to write it exactely as is written at YOUR local office. This is a really important point. Even going so far as to leave blanks where blanks are written, da's and het's where required and other appropirate terminology. But anyways when you submit the form the agent reviews it with you and sends you off to make corrections as necessary.

Medical Documents Special Note:somebody will inevitably get confused. So let's summarize before I get into detail. The Medical certification documents are obtained by visiting three (3) separate clinics in 3 separate places. For instance, my blood work was done at Ulitsa B. Gruzhinskaya, TB at Ul Radio and the drug addiction exam at some place near to Paveletskaya Metro. (see section: Steps Follow to Submit Application "First stop" for how to obtain the exact addresses)

HIV certificate. Difficulty level: Easy!!!! Go to the clinic listed for your registeration area or region, show your payment spravka (they will give you the required form at the clinic which you take to Sberbank- pay, then Sberbank gives you the payment spravka), give your blood, get the test and pick up your certificate later. It is a one page certificate with the stamp of the local clinic director and the Ministry.IMPORTANT!!!!Dont listen to the fools that cry here that you can do all at your local expensive EXPAT clinic. It is bull. During all my stops I didnt have to wait in one single line. These whiners on site must be talking about some mythical country when they are crying non-stop about the hoardes of people waiting in queues. The Russian Clinics are easy. Not busy and only 1,350 rubles for ALL tests!

Medical Certificate- Difficulty level: Easy!!! Note: this is not the HIV certificate. That is another certificate. Don't ask why it's not all included on one certificate. This is Russia and nobody does anything logically around here! The certificate is a small blue certificate that has a signature and 3 stamp areas for the 3 series of tests/exams (Blood tests, Drug Addiction, TB).
Stop 1. Local clinic for the Blood (note: this is the same clinic for the HIV test which is part of the blood series but gets a seperate certificate) BTW the other tests are for Chlymadia, Syphillis, Leprosy and some others. Nobody gave me a body exam. They are doctors. They can tell immediately if your rotting away from Leprosy or some other ailment. They draw your blood. Give you a single page form that has 3 areas for signatures and stamps from the other two clinics. Wait period 4 or 5 working days. You can immediately (dont listen to the fools that say you have to wait) go to the clinics to make your TB tests and Drug addiction.
Stop 2 either TB or Drug clinic. Drug clinic is super easy. Walk in. give your name. They send you up to the doctor. They look at you for literally 10 seconds to see your not a "coke head". Stamp sign your form and your on your way. TB clinic is similar but requires 3 trips. 1st trip. Get your X ray. Some small exam and they give you sputum cup. You or anybody can bring the cup back the next day 2nd trip. (you (not the other idiot) must hack up some sputum into the cup), 3rd trip come back for results and get your paper signed /stamped.
At the end of the week. You have visited the 3 clinics for: TB ,drugs, blood. Next: Go back to the Blood clinic and get your HIV and blood results. They sign and stamp the form. and sign and stamp the separate HIV certificate (2 copies).
Last step: Take the completed one-page sheet with sig;s and stamps from the 3 clinics to the Ministry of Health. They accept it. Then you must go back in a couple days to pick up your little blue Ministry of Health Certificate.

Total Bull shit= Blood clinic 3 visits, TB 3 visits, Drug clinic 1 visit, Ministry 2 visits.
Total cost= 1,350 rubles.
Note: yFMS may not accept your silly expat clinic stuff. So why bother. Do it the Russian way and learn something in the process Dummies!!!!

-Original Criminal History report- This is the only document where you have to submit the orignal. It is only good for 3 months for date of issue. Belive me if is one day over 3 months old they will not accept it. Apostille, Translate and Notarize.thats it.
-Copy Your passport, migration card and registration.. Again, translated and notarized. They need to see the original passport, migration card and registration. But will not take it, Duh!
-Copy of Marriage certificate. Read this: A Copy this includes the copy of the Apostille. yFMS don't need to keep your original. BUT it must be certified (Apostilled) and Notarized. The Notary will copy the original "apostilled" marriage certificate and the Apostille page itself. Then the Notary "Notarizes" the copies. Got it?!? Note: bring your original to the agent when you submit your doc's. They will want to see the original.
-Copy spouses internal passport. yFMS don't need all pages contrary to what the other dummies here say. Just the first page is sufficient. Don't bother to notarize it since they will want to see the original anyways when you submit your documents.
-Copy Diploma. They don't need to keep it. Just see it. There is a question on the application form that asks for your diploma and the diploma number. Obviously, if you don't have a degree you don't need. If your diploma doesn't have a number don't write it. Duh and Duh! Again. This is the only doc that doesn't need to be translated , apostilled or notarized. Although it can't hurt! Bring the original to the agent when submitting doc's.

Steps to follow to submit your application and/or get Started:

First stop: obtain the application form and get required addresses for the clinics in your zone of registration and your 'local' yFMS office.

A good first stop is Pokrovka 42. This is the central yFMS office. Walk in the first floor door and to your left. Go to the window for Temporary Residence Permits (you'll see it on a sign over the window). Ask for an application form.
Then look at the list of clinics on the collumn in the center of the room. Your clinic is based on the address you are registered at. If you are totally stupid ask the lady in your window. They are not idiots and can assit you to locate your clinic. Also, on the collumn are the lists for the Particluar Ministry of Health Office you must go to.

Note: I was going to list the yFMS web site. But you know what,,, It sucks!!! Nothing is up to date or correct for that matter. My life was so easy after I got my a$$ on the metro, went to Kurskaya Metro and walked 3 blocks to Pokrovka 42 and looked for myself. TRUST ME,, don't bother to look at the internet site It blows!!! ****(But, I know you will ,so here it is! ):It really is the Russian Migration Site.. They just had a web hosting problem and this Donkey Ball Program starts first. But then the yFMS site comes after. I promise!!!!!****

Look here at the yFMS web Site (this is it I promise!!):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66gRa31cQWw

Second stop. Go to the yFMS office listed for your area. Ask the person at 42 Pokrovka in the TRP window which is your local office. Once at the office. Look at their posted copy of a completed application form. Photograph it and complete it exactly as they do.

Third Stop. Do your medicals. Get all your documents togther. Start the Criminal History earliest as it will take the longest to obtain get completed.

Fourth stop. Submit your documents to your local yFMS.

What happens? depending on your wait time. I had to wait 2 hours at my local office. Not long really! ). then you go in to the agent. sit down and they look at your application and documents. Check any mistakes. Ask to see originals and send you off to correct your applications. Try to go the same agent next time. Otherwise you might get somebody new and have to start all over again showing everything.

Now what? Easy correct your applications and anything they need and go back and resubmit. I had to go back 3 times to get it all correct. And believe me one time it was only because I didn't write a date in the correct format.
So make copies of your application. Yeah you can write on a copy. It is acceptable dont worry. Russians are anal but not "that" anal.

And THEN??? Easy... on the fateful day all is correct the agent accepts the doc;s and sends you on your way. Wait time about 4-6 months (this is exactly what the yFMS agent Ludmilla Victoriovna told me) They will contact you when all is complete. How.. Along with your app you should have given a few postage paid envelopes. and your phone number on the appl. But this is a Guide for DUmmies not Morons.. So I won't bother to explain that. Also the fact that you have to give 4 photos. 35-45 mm (b&w or color matte finish).!!! Oh and lest we forget the application fee of 400r. But this is a non-dummy task.

Dummies it really is easy!!!

**** This is a Guide for Dummies.

Lastly. Take a nice present of chocolate or wine for the officer. After the application is submitted and accepted. Give it to them with a big thankyou.These people work a lot for a little pay. And it is really a nice gesture.

Questions:

Are financials important? The financial documents only are required when you go back and file for your Permanent Residency. Who said? the yFMS officer.

You must re-register each year.

Judge
10-07-2009, 23:21
Good work Beachbum..
I'll sticky this thread.

BeachBum
10-07-2009, 23:26
Good work Beachbum..
I'll sticky this thread.
Ok Ill try to update it with some exact addresses and links to the yFMS sites and postings.

kapione
11-07-2009, 13:30
Now Everyone, see how a Member of EXPAT.RU Helped with very useful info?
What have you done to help this community lately ? Stop skating letting other do all the work ...Be active Great Job BB , BTW BB , dont you owe me a cold beer ?

FatAndy
16-07-2009, 18:09
2 BeachBum - really nice

Let me drop some links - taken from MOSCOW UFMS website I've found recently:
. (http://www.fmsmoscow.ru/contact.php) - Moscow admin district UFMS offices addresses and hotline phones.

. (http://www.fmsmoscow.ru/work.php) - duty hours

. (http://www.fmsmoscow.ru/otdelufms.php) - another "admin district" UFMS offices details (who is for what)

. (http://www.fmsmoscow.ru/otdelenija.php) - smaller "district" level UFMS (no hotline contacts and duty hours)
Also, as you said, I can approve - form fullfillment examples in local offices MUST BE OBSERVED versus even website ones. It has no logical explanation, all applicants must accomodate. ;)

http://www.fms.gov.ru/contacts/ - FEDERAL FMS - those who is in Moscow, don't go there, use upper links.

http://www.fms.gov.ru/useful/novisas/index_eng.php - non-visas arrival persons

http://www.fms.gov.ru/useful/migrate/index_eng.php - memo for registration

http://www.fms.gov.ru/useful/formvisa/index_eng.php - visa procedure

Firefox
17-07-2009, 10:42
Thanks Beach Bum ...very useful and accurate information. Will clear peoples doubts on this matter for a while (until regulations change)

Except I can ADD on a single point:

"People without Quota (not having russian spouse) DO have every chance to obtain TRP in the same way - through Agencies who make extra charge for obtaining quotas.

I am UK National - without Russian spouse -and have also completed the same process through an Agency.

djnickhodgkins
10-08-2009, 17:34
Wow - many thanks for this exhaustive guide - a massive help - much appreciated. Just one thing I can't figure out - and I have searched and searched, honest - the Criminal History Report - where does one get this from? Country of birth or Russia? No doubt a daft question, sorry, but if anyone could help...

Thanks again!
Nick

BeachBum
11-08-2009, 00:03
Wow - many thanks for this exhaustive guide - a massive help - much appreciated. Just one thing I can't figure out - and I have searched and searched, honest - the Criminal History Report - where does one get this from? Country of birth or Russia? No doubt a daft question, sorry, but if anyone could help...

Thanks again!
Nick
Nick look here if you are American:

http://www.expat.ru/forum/temporary-permanent-residency/104981-american-only-trp-official-answers-re-apostille.html

Look here if you are Brit:

http://www.expat.ru/forum/temporary-permanent-residency/160998-british-only-trp-subject-access-legalisation.html

If neither jsut find out from your country of origin how to obtain a record of your criminal history. It is not a big deal Most police organizations can help you on this topic.

Dr. Chaos
27-08-2009, 04:39
Thanks BB, that was awesome posting. I have only one question, what type of visa should I apply for to get into the RF and start this ? I can probably get a job with a Russian company if it will make life easier, so I'm thinking work visa ?

(Yes, I probably qualify for "dummy")

BeachBum
27-08-2009, 20:25
Thanks BB, that was awesome posting. I have only one question, what type of visa should I apply for to get into the RF and start this ? I can probably get a job with a Russian company if it will make life easier, so I'm thinking work visa ?

best is a business visa..

BeachBum
27-08-2009, 23:07

got more time to write more now. Anyways, a business visa is a good alternative. but if you want to work with a Russian Company you will need a work visa then work permit 2 seperate things). But I am not very knowledgeable about those things. there are some excellent threads in the TRP subforum. check them out!

Bels
27-08-2009, 23:36

Time and time again this question is being asked. And time and time again I will make it simple. Employment first from an employer who can employ an expat with government permission. Start there first. and everything will fall in place. Act back to front and you will get nowhere. Find your qualified employer first. Preferably seek the work from your home country. It is safer that way.

How do I get a work permit? Find your employer first.

Bels
02-09-2009, 23:23
Terrific work beachbum. You have done it again on showing that you are a great and valued member here.

ezik
03-09-2009, 11:12
Great thread, BB! Thanx!

Bogatyr
03-09-2009, 21:30
Terrific work beachbum. You have done it again on showing that you are a great and valued member here.

The post is very helpful. But why does he show up as "banned" now? A quick look at some of his recent posts don't show anything negative that I can see. It would be bad to lose such a good source of information.

Bels
03-09-2009, 21:54
The post is very helpful. But why does he show up as "banned" now? A quick look at some of his recent posts don't show anything negative that I can see. It would be bad to lose such a good source of information.

Good point. And I have no idea. As you can see as an example, a moderator and a top admin has commended him. Not the first time major members have been hit.

smchilds
15-02-2010, 21:44
Sorry, but - where do you get the criminal history report? You can order it through your embassy or you must get it in your home country?

Also, how much does it cost from start to finish (approx) for the whole thing? Someone I know (from Italy) said she paid 3,000 euros for the temp residency permit...but maybe that was for lawyers/bribes?

nbogaard
16-02-2010, 08:01

I think a workl visa would be best. With a business visa, you can only stay 90 out of each 180 days. With a work visa you can stay up to one year before it needs to be renewed, so long as you are employed.

tgma
16-02-2010, 09:41
Sorry, but - where do you get the criminal history report? You can order it through your embassy or you must get it in your home country?

Also, how much does it cost from start to finish (approx) for the whole thing? Someone I know (from Italy) said she paid 3,000 euros for the temp residency permit...but maybe that was for lawyers/bribes?

It depends on your country, but I think in most cases you have to apply to the police/internal affairs ministry in your own country for a criminal history report, then get that document apostilled in your home country, then get a notarised translation of both the document and the apostille.

As for the cost, it's not that much - about RUB 1000 each for the notarised translations and less for the notarised copies. About RUB 400 to apply for TRP, if I remember rightly, although I did see somewhere that this has gone up recently. Then the cost of your criminal record check and the apostille. Not sure what the medical tests cost officially, but it's not much. I paid someone EUR 400 to produce this for me, to save time.

You can pay an agent, but all they really do is to check your documents, and they may be able to help with the medical certificate. I have not heard of any agents promising to speed up the process, and EUR 3000 seems to be in the mid range of quotes. Maybe these agents are better at sweet talking their way through the FMS, but in my case (with the office on Pokrovka) the FMS people were helpful and no agent was needed.

mulder9814
01-08-2010, 17:54
Questions for people with TRP - 1). Can I stay in Russia for the 4-6 months while they decide? I'm here on a business visa & would have to follow the 90/180 day rule if they don't let me stay while they decide. 2).Otherwise, could I "muck-up" my application & ask to stay an extra 2 months to "fix it"? Has anyone answers to these "earth shattering" questions??

Bogatyr
01-08-2010, 21:17
Questions for people with TRP - 1). Can I stay in Russia for the 4-6 months while they decide? I'm here on a business visa & would have to follow the 90/180 day rule if they don't let me stay while they decide. 2).Otherwise, could I "muck-up" my application & ask to stay an extra 2 months to "fix it"? Has anyone answers to these "earth shattering" questions??

1. No, not without a long stay visa (work, student). It's a big problem all TRP applicants face who have already moved to Russia. You can get back to back 90 day visas to reside in Russia while waiting for TRP approval. 1-day visa service is possible in various border (to Russia) countries (may require the assistance of a visa agent to guarantee the availability of the 1-day service). Either business or private are probably the way to go. Business visas are easier but perhaps slightly more expensive, private visas require application at FMS and about a 30 day wait. In my experience the private visas are pretty easy, but I reside in a region with a not-very-busy FMS office, thankfully, where walk-in service is quite possible.

2) I wouldn't. They could just reject the application, and you may have to wait some time before reapplying.

kharaku
17-08-2010, 19:06
I spoke with a company today that deals with Business Visas but not TRP or anything like that.

What he said is that if you get a 12 month Multi Entry Visa, and wait 3 months to use it, stay in Russia 90 days, then leave Russia (say to a nearby country where you don't need a visa), you can head back after a few days (probably a week), and use your remaining 90 days for the second six month period.

Is there any truth to this?

AdrianAurelio
28-09-2010, 15:37
really useful and not discouraging like many other posts ... thanks BB!

tgma
29-09-2010, 09:17
I spoke with a company today that deals with Business Visas but not TRP or anything like that.

What he said is that if you get a 12 month Multi Entry Visa, and wait 3 months to use it, stay in Russia 90 days, then leave Russia (say to a nearby country where you don't need a visa), you can head back after a few days (probably a week), and use your remaining 90 days for the second six month period.

Is there any truth to this?

This sounds possible (it's certainly ingenious) - it assumes that your first 180 days starts from the moment that your visa is issued, not from the day you first enter Russia on this visa. Is this true? No idea, and I'm pretty sure that there are no published rules on the implementation of the 90/180 day rule. Given that this rule first came in as part of the harmonisation with EU visa rules, then there might be a clue in the EU regulations, but only a clue. And as always, implementation of Russian rules is always at the discretion of the official who is actually implementing them.

It would sort of make sense. If you are thinking about going to Russia, and you are in the West, first get your 90/180 day visa, spend 3 months in your home country collecting your documents and apostilles, then move to Russia, and you are away! If you can swing it, why not?

Or you could just budget to get two back to back 90 day visas.

NLD
06-10-2010, 15:37
My one-year business visa explicitly stated "valid for 90 days out of every 180". That implies you can't stay for a period longer than 90 days, and you can only come back to Russia for a period of x days after x days abroad.

An exception is when you've handed in your documents for TRP, then you get a stamp on the back of your migration card and can prolong your registration at UFMS. Of course your visa does need to be valid until the day you receive your TRP! If you're unlucky, you may have to get a new visa.

Bogatyr
06-10-2010, 17:42
My one-year business visa explicitly stated "valid for 90 days out of every 180". That implies you can't stay for a period longer than 90 days, and you can only come back to Russia for a period of x days after x days abroad.

An exception is when you've handed in your documents for TRP, then you get a stamp on the back of your migration card and can prolong your registration at UFMS. Of course your visa does need to be valid until the day you receive your TRP! If you're unlucky, you may have to get a new visa.

Are you saying that a 1-year business visa allows you to remain in the country until the end of the one year period continuously, ignoring the 90/180 rule, once your TRP application is accepted? That is the first time I've ever read that on these boards, and this subject comes up a lot. Can you give more details, supporting articles in the law, or can anybody else confirm?

NLD
07-10-2010, 00:37
That's right :) Unfortunately I don't have any references to law articles supporting this, but that is exactly how it went for me.

My visa was valid from July 2009 to July 2010, and I came to Russia end of December. I went abroad early March (so within 90 days), and returned after two weeks. Another week later my TRP application was accepted.

By June, when normally my registration of 90 days would soon expire, and by which time I had already "broken" the 90/180 rule, I went to local UFMS and they prolonged my registration without any question, on the basis of me showing them that my TRP application was accepted.

A month or so later my TRP was ready, and no one ever made any comment about my registration having been prolonged or anything else about the 90/180 rule.

Bels
07-10-2010, 01:02
I might be a little out of date. However if you apply vor a visa in a country where you do do have the right of residence for more than ninety days , you shouldn't have problem.Such as an an EU citizen applying to any EU country. American in London for axample may have to wait for up to 14 days for their application to be answered , orand this may apply to any other EU country, in comparison to an EU member being able to receive their visa within 24 hours.
To Americans? I say Have a holday, or vacation as you chiose to call it , and get your visa in London. London is the most efficient service, I do believe.

This sounds possible (it's certainly ingenious) - it assumes that your first 180 days starts from the moment that your visa is issued, not from the day you first enter Russia on this visa. Is this true? No idea, and I'm pretty sure that there are no published rules on the implementation of the 90/180 day rule. Given that this rule first came in as part of the harmonisation with EU visa rules, then there might be a clue in the EU regulations, but only a clue. And as always, implementation of Russian rules is always at the discretion of the official who is actually implementing them.

It would sort of make sense. If you are thinking about going to Russia, and you are in the West, first get your 90/180 day visa, spend 3 months in your home country collecting your documents and apostilles, then move to Russia, and you are away! If you can swing it, why not?

Or you could just budget to get two back to back 90 day visas.

Penguin_The_Great
24-10-2010, 10:06
Guys, notice that you can do a number of things in regards to TRP/PRP online now. Check out http://www.gosuslugi.ru/ru/cat/index.php?coid_4=65&rid=228

You can apply for TRP (if you don't need a quota), PRP, and register at you place of residence. I don't know if this service is available everywhere yet, but I think there's a change in the law coming into effect on Jan 1, 2011 that will make it mandatory for all FMS offices to offer these services online.

I know that it already works in St.Petersburg, but I'm not sure how exactly. I think you make an online application and then they call you back and give an appointment time to come in and bring the necessary papers. Very convenient!

I think that soon you will also be able to do you annual registration online too.

There's detailed information on that website about all kinds of necessary documents. There's also forms to download and a number to call in case you have questions.

kharaku
24-10-2010, 15:00
I know that it already works in St.Petersburg, but I'm not sure how exactly.

I must LOVE Russia. Because no logic minded person would ever accept the ambiguous nature of Russian law.

NLD
24-10-2010, 20:01
"Умом Россию не понять" as they say here :)

I was so glad I was finally done with all this FMS crap till summer next year at least, and now there's even a glimmer of hope it may be for forever :D

(Note to self: calm down, calm down, it is still Russia after all, seeing is believing...)

Benedikt
25-10-2010, 06:16
2 photos 3x4 cm and it has to be exactly that size. photos should be in color.
for med certificate:
1 Aids
1 TB
1 narcological clinic
and with this 3 papers you go to a fourth place where they issue you ONE document with a bar code stuck on, this is genuine.and you still have the AIDS paper as an extra. ( i did my 'TB' in Shchukinkaya,'Aids' in Octoberskaya Pole, 'narco' on prospect Shchukinskaya and then off to Tushino to get me that 4th document.

while it is indeed possible to do it yourself, i do it, i am there the fifth time tomorrow. first i went to one inspector, he did not like a russian translation of a document. it was done by a certified translator, never mind, he did not like it. back next day to another inspector. (there are 3 offices, three should be working but there is most of the time only one on duty. the other one has a day off and hangs around, laughing at us. 'is it our mistake that you are so many and we so few' was the cynical answer.)
getting the TRB is for most of us the most demeaning thing, you are treated like you are a criminal and they do you a favor to let you in. but i WILL do it myself, without the help of my wife, without a advocat, without paying a bribe. my wife says i am 'stupid', put money into an envelope right in the beginning, the inspector will write the anketta himself and you are out in one go. i just refuse to do it.

SV1973a
25-10-2010, 08:35
but i WILL do it myself, without the help of my wife, without a advocat, without paying a bribe.

Way to go, you CAN do it yourself. So did I.

my wife says i am 'stupid', put money into an envelope right in the beginning, the inspector will write the anketta himself and you are out in one go. i just refuse to do it.

Right, I also refuse to.

NLD
25-10-2010, 22:09
Same here, didn't bribe a single time. So your Russian was good enough to not need anyone to help you out with that? :) For me, by now I probably would manage, but back then...

Bels
25-10-2010, 23:57
I am amazed you don't talk about the ridiculous queuing problems of which is inevitable. In the Odentsova office for example my wife has to queue behind sixty four potential applicants. They see about ten a day. so she keeps coming back to be closer to the queue. And no! they don't understand what appointment means. So she queus every day to get closer. Of course you can make a payment to jump the queue. But do want to encourage this sort of behavior, if you do , you are as guilty as the who receives the cash..

Why don't I do it myself? Because I earn 40$ an hour,, and if I was there. I would lose all thes dollars wasting my time and messing around for them. Soon you will have to return when they will ask you what you can earn here. Well nothing, absolutely zero if you hanging in on queus deling with red-tape. Why don't they have an appointment system!!!!!

SV1973a
26-10-2010, 00:33
I am amazed you don't talk about the ridiculous queuing problems of which is inevitable. In the Odentsova office for example my wife has to queue behind sixty four potential applicants. They see about ten a day. so she keeps coming back to be closer to the queue. And no! they don't understand what appointment means. So she queus every day to get closer. Of course you can make a payment to jump the queue. But do want to encourage this sort of behavior, if you do , you are as guilty as the who receives the cash..

Why don't I do it myself? Because I earn 40$ an hour,, and if I was there. I would lose all thes dollars wasting my time and messing around for them. Soon you will have to return when they will ask you what you can earn here. Well nothing, absolutely zero if you hanging in on queus deling with red-tape. Why don't they have an appointment system!!!!!

Well, last week I had to stand in line for 4 hours. This morning only 20 minutes. I guess you just have to be lucky on the day you want to make the application...

Benedikt
26-10-2010, 00:34
and i keep my fingers crossed that it will be ok, office opens at 9 and i will be there at 7.30 and hopefully no one will be there yet....

NLD
26-10-2010, 17:29
It really depends on the UFMS office. I went to Kashirskoe shosse 76, and though crowded, you would usually get served the same day if you showed up on time.

By then I didn't have a work permit yet either, so there weren't any financial consequences.

Hans.KK
04-06-2011, 21:34
If neither jsut find out from your country of origin how to obtain a record of your criminal history. It is not a big deal Most police organizations can help you on this topic.If you are Danish there are some pitfalls to be aware about here, and it is in the translation of the Danish "Straffeattest". PM me if you need info about this.

sentalorg
05-07-2011, 09:40
I want to apply for temporary residency. According to you my chances are nil if I'm not married. I have heard from a Russian National that you don't need to be married in order to obtain temporary residency.

Tony P
05-07-2011, 10:20
I want to apply for temporary residency. According to you my chances are nil if I'm not married.

Not so.
You do, however, need a good reason for living in RF.

I have heard from a Russian National that you don't need to be married in order to obtain temporary residency.

Correct.
It is possible for any person, single or otherwise, to obtain a TRP subject to the above.
Not being married to a RF citizen means you must first go through the QUOTA system to be allowed apply for TRP. The difficulty of this varies as to where you are Registered - Moscow probably being the hardest.

Rhubard Geoff
04-08-2011, 12:19
Almost 6 months after submitting my application(my wife is Russian) I went back to the FMS on Polyanka today to hear that my application was approved and the papers should come any day now.

What is now the procedure for registration and receiving the 3 year visa?

Also, I have an existing one year m/e visa. Will they just annul that?

NLD
05-08-2011, 00:21
There are a few stickies describing the procedure for registration, exit visa, etc., they should still apply. Apparently after you get your TRP, you only have a week or so for registration. The exit visa you can get later, in theory, but I'm not sure border control will be happy with you visiting on a normal visa having a TRP.

When I got my exit visa, they annulled the old one (stamped "погашено").

Rhubard Geoff
05-08-2011, 07:59
I've been through a lot of the posts on here but can't find one that explains how you register after you get your TRP, what docs you need etc and how to deal with your existing visa.

tgma
05-08-2011, 11:05
Hi Geoff
Your existing visa will be cancelled.
You then go to your local UFMS, and register - for this you need a document showing that you are registered on the list of people living at your address with your local Zhek or Pasportny Stol - the owner of your apartment has to do this for you. This is to stop the practice of dozens of people being registered at one address. Once you have this, you go to your UFMS, with a copy of your passport, probably a translation too, they should have a list up of what documents you need (mine at Taganskaya does). I think you need a photo too, as they will make a little card for their cardfile database for you. I also needed a letter from my wife agreeing to my being registered at the flat that we jointly owned (the woman actually apologised for this, but it was needed all the same).

Bottom line - go to your local UFMS and see if they have posted the list of requirements, if not, you will have to talk to the person doing the registration and they will tell you.

Once you have the registration stamp, probably on the page of your passport opposite your TRP stamp, you go to another UFMS office where they will issue you a three year multi-entry visa. In Moscow for me a year ago, this was on Pokrovka, and was quite a straightforward process - you fill in a form, pay 1000 RUB and wait four days. I think I did see something on this forum saying that the office for visas has moved, I suggest you do a search here for that.

Rhubard Geoff
05-08-2011, 14:41
Thanks for that.

The other challenge I have is that my passport is almost full so soon I will need a new one. I hope I can fit in all these stamps and then easily transfer everything to a new one??

k2file
02-09-2011, 13:00
I am gathering documents for TRP in St Petersburg and was concerned that some have a time limit which is approaching.
The medical and police report have time limits, but do any of the others?
I have divorce decree, police report, diploma, birth certificate with Apostile by the Sec of Start of California. I hate the idea of having to spend another $2000 just to go back to California to get a new 90 day window on the police report.

What else is time limited?
Does anyone have specific experience with applying in St Petersburg?
Thanks

Tony P
02-09-2011, 13:15
The only 'time expiring' documents are Medical, Police, Visa, and Registration which must all be current at time the application is accepted (submitted).

If applying through Quota, the application must be accepted within 2 months of the Quota list you are on.

As Beachbum states, all documents originating outside Russia (Police, Divorce, Diploma) need to be Apostilled. I'm unclear from your wording if you have Apostilled all of them or just Birth Certificate - which is not required as your Passport is taken as proof of such details.

See my own 'sticky' thread which details all that I had to do. Although in Moscow, it was only a few weeks ago so is as current as it could be.
The TRP application process is exactly the same for non-quota applicants as it is for Quota applicants once they have received a Quota.

k2file
02-09-2011, 15:41
Thank you Tony
The only one that I will have problems with is the background check because it means going back to California because when I file, out of quota, the signature on it will be be expired by a few days.
All the documents that need to be certified and originating outside Russia have Apostile attached. I gathered them in late June while back there.

If there is any way to get a new certified copy without spending the time and money to get a new one would be great but I have not been able to find that out yet.

Thanks again...

DavidB
02-09-2011, 15:46
You can get the fingerprints for the police report taken in Moscow if you need to. Then it's easy enough to apply by mail for an FBI background check. You can get FBI to post it directly to a legal secretary in Washington who can then organise an apostille in 1 day and post it back to you by courier.
I'm pretty sure that a state police background check won't be accepted - not sure if that's what you meant, because you mentioned going back to CA to get it done.

Here's one such legal secretary who could help with the apostille:
http://www.authxperts.com/

In St.Petersburg, FMS gives out all of the quota places in January and February. You should apply early in the new year after the holidays to make sure you don't miss the quota.

If you're married to a Russian girl, you don't need a place on the quota and you can apply any time.

styopa
12-11-2011, 19:21
Hello... Posted on the other advice site but will do so here so hopefully can find right answer

So it seems that instead of using local fms (the one where you are registered) that they now ask you to go to a primary fms on Bolshaya polyanka.

We went there and asked about health certificates and the three places you need to go (HIV test, tb test and drug test) are darted around the city.

Any thoughts/ similar results?

Not sure of I need to go to these in any order but if anyone knows pls post

Thanks

SV1973a
13-11-2011, 16:53
Hello... Posted on the other advice site but will do so here so hopefully can find right answer

So it seems that instead of using local fms (the one where you are registered) that they now ask you to go to a primary fms on Bolshaya polyanka.

We went there and asked about health certificates and the three places you need to go (HIV test, tb test and drug test) are darted around the city.

Thanks

First comes the HIV, syfilis, chlamydia-test.
This is the clinic where it all starts. You need to obtain the payment form in this clinic. With this payment paper you go and pay the required amount in Sberban.
Return to this clinic and show the proof of payment and your passport.
You will get an A4 paper with 3 sections.
They will take a little bloodsample for analysis. Count on a few days for the analysis to be done, and come back to pick it up. They have kept the A4 sheet in filled in the first section.
With this filled in first section you are now free to go to the other clinics (order is not important here).
If you go to the TBC clinic, they will X-ray you and you need to give a urine sample. Next day come back to get the second section of the paper filled in.
If you go to the narcotics clinic, they will fill in the section immediately.
If you collected all the stamps and signatures (all 3 sections full), you need to take this sheet (together with separate HIV-sheets that they have given you in the first clinic) to a special center, where you will be given a blue certificate.
FMS wants to see this certificate and one HIV sheet.

styopa
13-11-2011, 18:08
Thanks V much...any thoughts on the fact that I have been directed to the "large" FMS as opposed to local?

SV1973a
13-11-2011, 18:12
Thanks V much...any thoughts on the fact that I have been directed to the "large" FMS as opposed to local?

No idea. I used to get my exit visas there. Always very quick and efficient with short waiting lines. Much faster than in my own FMS.

Maybe you get a quicker processing there.

lenvindman
14-11-2011, 00:58
Many thanks. This is really useful.

Tony P
14-11-2011, 13:19

Medical Certificate.
Exactly as SV says, except to add the clinics require to see a Notarised Translation of your Passport - they would not accept the Passport itself.

For the exact sequence, procedure, time and costs see the opening post (items 3 to 9) for my recent entire Medical part of things.
http://www.expat.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=324757

NOTE: For other citizenships the Police Record check will be slightly different from mine depending on your 'home' country requirements.

Sakura99
21-12-2011, 22:44
Ok, so you don't need your birth certificate or a document stating you're single like the other threads states? Second, I'm slightly confused on the whole FBI criminal background check. As I understand it, this is something you send for when you are in Russia, correct? It seems like a complicated process (maybe because english is my second language lol) Would it make it easier if you got fingerprinted in the states and then brought it with you? And to get everything apostillized/legalized/translated, these services are all availabe in Russia, yea? Just making sure I don't mess up getting my TRP when I'm there, because that would really suck! Any help would be MOST APPRECIATED, THANKS! (^_^)/

Bogatyr
21-12-2011, 23:51
Ok, so you don't need your birth certificate or a document stating you're single like the other threads states? Second, I'm slightly confused on the whole FBI criminal background check. As I understand it, this is something you send for when you are in Russia, correct? It seems like a complicated process (maybe because english is my second language lol) Would it make it easier if you got fingerprinted in the states and then brought it with you? And to get everything apostillized/legalized/translated, these services are all availabe in Russia, yea? Just making sure I don't mess up getting my TRP when I'm there, because that would really suck! Any help would be MOST APPRECIATED, THANKS! (^_^)/

The FBI CBC is the trickiest part of TRP prep, there's no doubt. The trick is not in getting it done (even through there are multiple agencies involved), but in timing your arriving in Russia with the FBI CBC still valid for your TRP application.

What you need: translated+notarized, Apostille'd FBI CBC.

+ Translation+notarization (done all at once usually, not two separate steps) is done in Russia -- easy.

+ The FBI CBC comes from the FBI. Submit fingerprint cards and make sure you request the [optional and not provided by default] signature so that it can be Apostille'd.

+ The Apostille on the FBI CBC [with FBI signature] comes from the US Dept of State.

Nothing dictates *where* you are when you're working on getting that document, but where you are presents different difficulties.

So you get to choose which difficulty you want:

+ Apply for and receive the Apostille'd FBI CBC while in the USA. You personally monitor the progress of the document and forwarding it from FBI to US Dept of State back to you. You control the dates of your visa and plane tickets for Russia, but you don't control when you get the Apostille'd FBI CBC. It could be weeks or months. If your departure for and arrival in Russia is completely open and flexible, this may be the best option.

+ Apply for the FBI CBC while in the USA, try to time it based on a guess (5-8 weeks?), and then go to Russia anyway if you don't get it in time, with friends/family set up to forward it to you. You may have to do visa runs on multiple 90-day visas while waiting (which can get expensive, but not as expensive as flying back and forth between the US and Russia).

+ Go to Russia, apply for FBI CBC from Russia. Probably most expensive option, as you may need to make more visa runs while you wait, and you will need to use various couriers and services perhaps to babysit the document in the US and getting it over to you in Russia.

Actually there's another option if you're really flexible, which is to get all documents together in the US, go to Russia to apply for TRP, then once your application is accepted, return to US (or wherever) to wait for approval. If you're selling real estate before the move to Russia, it's good to know you're accepted for TRP before burning the home bridges. Also fairly expensive due to repeat plane tickets. Could run into difficulties though if problems or questions arise after the TRP application is accepted.

On the other questions:
I did not need to show a birth certificate for TRP (the passport serves as the identification document), but just in case, I prepared Apostille'd version of: birth certificate (not used yet), US marriage certificate (did need this!), university degrees (not used yet [but may need for work permit?]), in addition of course to the FBI CBC. Best to go to your state's Secretary of State (or mail them in) and get them all done at once and bring them with you to Russia. The cost is relatively small, better to be prepared and not need it than need it and not have it.

Sakura99
22-12-2011, 19:35
EXCELLENT! thats wat i thought, yes my schedule is open so i will get my certificate then fly out. Thanks for clearing that up! Yea, im probably gonna have to come back to the US inbetween though (while waiting for its approval) are there often troubles though? From wat i understand,most people get it in within their 90 day period in russia, come back.fir another visa ir something, then return and its ready and valid (the trp) right?

Bogatyr
25-12-2011, 00:05
EXCELLENT! thats wat i thought, yes my schedule is open so i will get my certificate then fly out. Thanks for clearing that up! Yea, im probably gonna have to come back to the US inbetween though (while waiting for its approval) are there often troubles though? From wat i understand,most people get it in within their 90 day period in russia, come back.fir another visa ir something, then return and its ready and valid (the trp) right?

I think the common experience is getting the TRP on average in the official 6 month waiting period from date of application acceptance. My region's FMS is smaller and less busy and I got mine in 4.5 months. But there's probably almost no chance of it being done in 90 days after the application is accepted. Most should plan on two visa runs (or just return home and wait, but you should have someone in Russia who can check with the application status while in Russia).

There is one more wrinkle -- if you return home and wait, and then receive notification of TRP approval, what visa do you use to enter Russia to pick it up? There is a special visa "for a person entering Russia to receive temporary residency", I'm not sure of the details. Or perhaps you could enter on "whatever" visa and it'll work...

Jez
22-02-2012, 02:01
Does anyone know how long it takes to "receive" an approved TRP? The worst case I have seen here is when Tony P had to return 2 weeks after being given the TRP acceptance letter, in order to be fingerprinted and collect the stamp.

My visa is only days away from expiry after the date I've been told to collect the TRP. I'm trying to determine if I should be making a visa run before then. Any success, or horror stories would be appreciated. Thanks!

SV1973a
22-02-2012, 07:33
Does anyone know how long it takes to "receive" an approved TRP? The worst case I have seen here is when Tony P had to return 2 weeks after being given the TRP acceptance letter, in order to be fingerprinted and collect the stamp.

My visa is only days away from expiry after the date I've been told to collect the TRP. I'm trying to determine if I should be making a visa run before then. Any success, or horror stories would be appreciated. Thanks!

I never even received the TRP acceptance letter. I just regularly contacted the FMS to find out if my TRP was approuved. When it finally was approuved, they put the TRP stamp right away. Then you got a week to do the registration.

If you got a TRP acceptance letter already, then you are fine. Does not matter if you don`t have the stamp in the passport yet.

Benedikt
22-02-2012, 08:41
I never even received the TRP acceptance letter. I just regularly contacted the FMS to find out if my TRP was approuved. When it finally was approuved, they put the TRP stamp right away. Then you got a week to do the registration.

If you got a TRP acceptance letter already, then you are fine. Does not matter if you don`t have the stamp in the passport yet.

neither a phone call, even the inspector said she will call. So after 5 month i checked there the first time, takes 2 minutes because you don't have to stay in line. and was told yes it is ready. went to the chemist to buy rubber gloves and some wipes, i was told to do so.( if/when you are maybe only one to be fingerprinted, the gloves are for the inspector so he does not get his fingers dirty...). however we were about 10 people. i kept my gloves but the wipes came handy. in the toilet there only cold water and of course no towel or paper.... we got fingerprinted, also asked to hand in the passport and wait. after about 20 minutes the inspector came back, passports in hand and gave us a lecture about what to do further. to go and register, after one year to re- register, what documents one needs,the whole spiel. then he wished us all -good luck- and we all walked out,looking very smug, looking down at the poor slobs who were still standing in line, some for the 7th time (no bull).
to register at the local cop shop nothing was needed. just the passport withe two stamps inside. no forms to fill in nothing. also no copies of a passport,neither proof of income or the like.AND no standing in line,because there was no one there....

rubyrussia
22-02-2012, 11:30
SV,
Did you go in every time or call them?
Ive still got to wait on mine.

Tony P
22-02-2012, 14:28
To clarify -

I was told I had to keep going back to find out about Acceptance - they never contacted me over this. As it happened it was ready the first time I did go back.

When I went they said I had been Accepted and gave me the letter confirming this and at the same time made the appointment for fingerprinting and stamping my Passport with the actual Permit. They wrote the appointment details on the reverse of the letter.

At the fingerprinting/permit stamping appointment they also stamped and signed the reverse of the letter, and said I must register within 7 working days of the date thereon.

The letter was in fact to the Registration/Propiska people confirming my acceptance and it had to be surrendered to them when getting the Propiska (long term registration equivalent) stamped into the Passport.

I got the impression the letter would have been my valid documentation for being here if my visa had expired during the completing of the above final steps. Rereading now the photocopy I kept, this is not specifically stated, but I feel it would have been so.

Jez
22-02-2012, 14:35
To clarify - I was told I had to keep going back to find out about Acceptance - they never contacted me over this. As it happened it was ready the first time I did go back.

They never once contacted me either. They always asked me to come in. I never did, I simply kept calling.

I got the impression the letter would have been my valid documentation for being here if my visa had expired during the completing of the above final steps.

Thanks Tony, that's really useful to know. :)

SV1973a
22-02-2012, 14:52
They never once contacted me either. They always asked me to come in. I never did, I simply kept calling.

The FMS office was in the building right next to my own apartment, so I just went there myself. No use in trying to contact them by phone. I tried this, but just gave up.

If you have the letter from FMS that you have been granted TRP, then you are fully safe already. It then no longer matters that your visa is going to expire.

Bogatyr
22-02-2012, 21:25
The FMS office was in the building right next to my own apartment, so I just went there myself. No use in trying to contact them by phone. I tried this, but just gave up.

If you have the letter from FMS that you have been granted TRP, then you are fully safe already. It then no longer matters that your visa is going to expire.
I got a letter in the mail to my registered address about TRP acceptance, but I seem to be in the minority on the site about that.

Benedikt
23-02-2012, 12:55
I got a letter in the mail to my registered address about TRP acceptance, but I seem to be in the minority on the site about that.

ways and means to do business. only one thing is for sure, NOTHING is for sure....:jawdrop:

LongNsilky1
18-07-2012, 14:33
I realized that you already wrote this 'those without a russian spouse dont have a chance'. Yes, I'm single, But I bought a flat in Moscow thru a student visa, I now want to apply for TRP. Is this possible?

Thank you in advance...

Tony P
18-07-2012, 15:03
I realized that you already wrote this 'those without a russian spouse dont have a chance'. Yes, I'm single, But I bought a flat in Moscow thru a student visa, I now want to apply for TRP. Is this possible?

Possible, but you need to follow the Quota system.

In Moscow City quota numbers are very limited and the numbers of 'wannabes' very high. In other regions it is easier.

Owning a flat has no bearing on this.

Go to the Quota Sticky http://www.expat.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=324757

Sakura99
15-03-2013, 02:54
Thanks Beach Bum ...very useful and accurate information. Will clear peoples doubts on this matter for a while (until regulations change)

Except I can ADD on a single point:

"People without Quota (not having russian spouse) DO have every chance to obtain TRP in the same way - through Agencies who make extra charge for obtaining quotas.

I am UK National - without Russian spouse -and have also completed the same process through an Agency.

So you have a chance even even without quota, but you say extra charge and agency. So if you're doing without quota do you HAVE to use an agency then or you can still do like what beachbum did just without a marriage certificate?

Golden
27-04-2013, 17:05
-Original Criminal History report- This is the only document where you have to submit the orignal. It is only good for 3 months for date of issue. Belive me if is one day over 3 months old they will not accept it. Apostille, Translate and Notarize.thats it..

Dear friend,

DO you mean, that you have to submit the original Police Certificate for VERIFICATION or they actually take the original ?

In the case they take the original, then are you NOTARIZING + AUTHENTICATING + LEGALIZING + TRANSLATING +NOTARIZING again in Russia ???

Because a Police Certificate ( Original Copy ) Can't be NOTARIZED in the country it is issued from, I mean the NOTARY STAMP will NOT GO ON THE ORIGINAL VERSION. The Public Notary may STAMP THE CERTIFIED TRUE COPY OF IT.

So my question is: If it is in fact the original they want, then How can AN ORIGINAL POLICE CERTIFICATE be NOTARIZED in it is Country of Origin ? Doesn't happen.

Would the Embassy of Russia Legalize the Original P.C. in Canada, only after having it stamped by the DFAIT ???

I appreciate you response in advance.:idea:

Benedikt
27-04-2013, 19:49
Because a Police Certificate ( Original Copy ) Can't be NOTARIZED in the country it is issued from, I mean the NOTARY STAMP will NOT GO ON THE ORIGINAL VERSION. The Public Notary may STAMP THE CERTIFIED TRUE COPY OF IT.

that will show the RUSSIAn authorities that the document is an original and was issued by an authorized agency. NOT every lawyer or -notary- is allowed to do that. it is regulated by law. if you check out wiki you find out more. The apostille will also show the local translation bureau and the -notarius- that you have a legal and original document. they will translate it, affix their stamp. and only than it will be accepted by the FMS

Golden
27-04-2013, 22:42
Hey Benedikt,

- I appreciate your response to my question.

- So if I understand you right :

1- Get the police Certificate from Canada
2- Take it ( Original Copy ) to be Aposilled right away from ( DFAIT CANADA ) , NO prior NOTARIZATION or CERTIFIED TRUE COPY is needed first.
3- Legalize it from the Russian Embazzy in Canada ( again we are talking about the Original version )
4- Then bring it to Russia for Translation and then Notarization in Russia

A - Please Confirm if the Steps Above are correct ???
B - My understanding was that the same steps are to be done to a CERTIFIED TRUE COPY of the POLICE CERTIFICATE notrarized in Canada ??? NO ?

Do they have to have the ORIGINAL of the POLICE CERTIFICATE along with the application for the TRP ??

I appreciate any input.

Golden
03-05-2013, 16:35
Do they have to have the ORIGINAL of the POLICE CERTIFICATE along with the application for the TRP ??

Dear Fourm members,

In appreciation for this wonderful Fourm.

Here is the Answer to my previous Question, in case somebody else have the same Question:-

The POLICE CERTIFICATE required by the UFMS Officials is the ORIGINAL INDEED, and here is what has to be done to it upon obtaining it from the Country of Origin :-

1- Authenticate the the Department of Forign Affaris of the Country that has ISSUED the Certificate.
2- Legalize it from the Russian Embassy at the same Coutry ( Issuing Country )
3- Bring it to Russia
4- Translate it.
5- Notarize the Translated Version in Russia.

Be DELIGHTED to have the AWESOME opportunity to live in this BEAUTIFUL / COLORFUL & GREAT COUNTRY INDEED...

I appreciate...

Rhubard Geoff
03-05-2013, 16:53
In the UK you just need the original appostilising in Milton Keynes. You can even do it by post. Russian embassy not necessary. You then just need a notarised translation in Russia.

Bogatyr
06-05-2013, 17:56
Dear Fourm members,

In appreciation for this wonderful Fourm.

Here is the Answer to my previous Question, in case somebody else have the same Question:-

The POLICE CERTIFICATE required by the UFMS Officials is the ORIGINAL INDEED, and here is what has to be done to it upon obtaining it from the Country of Origin :-

1- Authenticate the the Department of Forign Affaris of the Country that has ISSUED the Certificate.
2- Legalize it from the Russian Embassy at the same Coutry ( Issuing Country )
3- Bring it to Russia
4- Translate it.
5- Notarize the Translated Version in Russia.

Be DELIGHTED to have the AWESOME opportunity to live in this BEAUTIFUL / COLORFUL & GREAT COUNTRY INDEED...

I appreciate...

For USA FBI CBC I've never heard of the requirement that a Russian consulate in the US must "legalize" it. I didn't and mine was accepted fine. Your other steps are correct. In Russia (at least some0 translation services include the notarization service as well, saves some walking/waiting.

N.Hoffman
16-01-2014, 18:49
Hi,

I recently got married here in Moscow and I'm interested in doing the TPR myself soon as well.

There is one little problem as I heard. It is that I need a Propiska, a proof of long term residence. Now you state that it isn't neccessary. Are you sure about that? How come so many people on this forum and visa consultants are telling me that the ony way to get a TPR is to buy a flat in Moscow first?

Nick

N.Hoffman
16-01-2014, 19:58
got more time to write more now. Anyways, a business visa is a good alternative. but if you want to work with a Russian Company you will need a work visa then work permit 2 seperate things). But I am not very knowledgeable about those things. there are some excellent threads in the TRP subforum. check them out!

I've been on a workvisa for 2.5 years already. I've never had any work permit. They didn't ask me for it. just a company work invitation is enough when they have the quota.

upasuryaka
17-01-2014, 20:02
Hi,

I recently got married here in Moscow and I'm interested in doing the TPR myself soon as well.

There is one little problem as I heard. It is that I need a Propiska, a proof of long term residence. Now you state that it isn't neccessary. Are you sure about that? How come so many people on this forum and visa consultants are telling me that the ony way to get a TPR is to buy a flat in Moscow first?

Nick

Hi,

In order to apply for a TRP, you'll have to give a notarized letter in which the owner(s) of a living accommodation shall agree to temporarily register you in it.

When you get the TRP, you'll have to gather with the owner(s) and apply for "temporary registration at the place of residence".

If your wife and/or her relatives are the owners, it should be easier. If you own a living accomodation, it's even easier. Problems may arise when the owners are unrelated people. But in any case, buying a flat is not a condition to fulfill in order to get a TRP.

Note: I know it may sound pedantic, but it's important: a propiska and a registration are really different things, even if they visually look the same (a stamp in the passport). Propiska was a Soviet Union system.

N.Hoffman
17-01-2014, 21:22
I have none of the following items. No spouses relatives who own anything in Moscow and no flat myself yet.

Do I really need a propiska of 3 years for this or just a temporary registration of roughly 9 month to a year? In the initial post I read that it's not required. I'm confused.

upasuryaka
17-01-2014, 22:26
I have none of the following items. No spouses relatives who own anything in Moscow and no flat myself yet.

Do I really need a propiska of 3 years for this or just a temporary registration of roughly 9 month to a year? In the initial post I read that it's not required. I'm confused.

The first post is quite clear:
-Copy your passport, migration card, and registration.

You already have a visa and a registration whose duration is equal to the validity period of the visa. This is what you need.

The 3-year registration is what you'll apply for after you obtain the TRP. But first you will have to contact the owners of your living accomodation and reach an agreement with them before you start to apply for the TRP.

N.Hoffman
18-01-2014, 10:21
So we do need the 3 years of registration after all. This is the impossible part. No flatowners are willing to give such a paper and the only way to get this paper is by buying a flat. In fact, 99% of the flatowners are completely reluctant to give any kind of registration at all!

What if you get your TPR successfully but then you can show a 3 year registration? Will they revoke the TPR?

So Liga visa service was right ater all. They say: No flat ownership = No TPR

Hans.KK
18-01-2014, 13:13
So we do need the 3 years of registration after all.I do not know if it is a 3 years registration, but any way, you need that registration to full fit for the TRP requirement.

This is the impossible part.No, but it is not that easy, and cheap as you may like.

No flatowners are willing to give such a paper and the only way to get this paper is by buying a flat.No, you may marry a flatowner, you may have relatives or friends that are flatowner, or at the end of the day you may even buy the service form a flatowner.

In fact, 99% of the flatowners are completely reluctant to give any kind of registration at all!They are reluctant for at reason, they cant kick you out of there flat when the registration first is done.

What if you get your TPR successfully but then you can show a 3 year registration? Will they revoke the TPR?You are saying "but then you can't show a 3 year registration?",?
I do not think that the FMS will fail on checking this demand so you want be able to process the TRP without the registration.
What will happen if you manage to present a fake registration with all stamps and signatures? Well it is a risk, they may check if the registration is valid (It is a simple process to give the FMS access to the registrations offices database, it the FMS do not have that access today, they will have it sooner or later that for sure).
So yes they will revoke your TPR, when they will do it is an other question, they may be unable to find you, your registration do not fit (and they do send letters to you now and then, so better be present at the registration address), so the chance are that they only see you at the annual meeting at the FMS, and next step is most likely an "Unwanted for the next X years" stamp in you passport and the police escorting you to the borderline, you may be unlucky and have to serve prison time (maximum 72 hours) and then a court trail before deportation.

Or to put it short, there is no way to escape the registration when you apply for TRP.

But Hoffman, you say that you are married in Moscow (I assume with a Russian woman), why not go to the place where she is registered and get you registered there and do the TRP application/process from there?

So Liga visa service was right ater all. They say: No flat ownership = No TPRWrong again, "Flat ownership = registration no problem at all", "No flat ownership = registration may be difficult and may be expensive, but not impossible".
But if you are low an money and you want a TRP in Moscow then the task may be double difficult, double expensive, you better choose an other Russian city.

TRP/PRP is NOT something you just can get if you fell you could have some benefit from it or it could make your life/living easy, it is something you have to apply for, and you have to full fit all the requirements.

N.Hoffman
18-01-2014, 14:33
Getting such a registration in Moscow is indeed near to impossible. To do it the right way is simply impossible.
Wife is from Tomsk. But when i do the procedure there, I must live there while my job is in Moscow. She can't get any registration here in Moscow either.

So the only way is to buy property. I'm not that low on money but buying something is still quite tough. maybe soon. It seems that the real estate prices are falling slowly and paying this HUGE amount of rent every month is a real Pain.

I find it really weird that they make it near to impossible to get such residence.

Hans.KK
18-01-2014, 16:24
Getting such a registration in Moscow is indeed near to impossible.If you are low on money, then yes, but nothing new in that.

To do it the right way is simply impossible.What is the wrong way?

Wife is from Tomsk. But when i do the procedure there, I must live there while my job is in Moscow. She can't get any registration here in Moscow either.You and you wife live in Moscow now, and you do it without proper registration? What prevent you from doing the TRP in Tomsk and continue living in Moscow on your present conditions? You just need to show up in Tomsk a few times a year to say "Hi" to the FMS. (You need some more visits at the FMS in the beginning, but when the TRP is giving it goes almost like a clockwork).

So the only way is to buy property. I'm not that low on money but buying something is still quite tough. maybe soon. It seems that the real estate prices are falling slowly and paying this HUGE amount of rent every month is a real Pain.Moscow is expensive, if you want to live there you have to face that issue.

I find it really weird that they make it near to impossible to get such residence.Interesting, who are "they"? The real estate prices is high because of the free marked, "supply and demand" they call it.

N.Hoffman
20-01-2014, 00:38
But when applying in Tomsk, I'm not allowed to live and work in Moscow. My job is in Moscow so how can I live in Tomsk? Sorry to say, but the rules regarding this permit are just awful.

I wonder if it's really neccessary to have this 3 year registration. what will happen if I just show up with a 1 year standard employer dummy registration as what I have now? I'm gonna figure this out to the bottom that's for sure.

I simply can't believe that you MUST have a 3 year Propiska registration in order to get the TPR.

SV1973a
20-01-2014, 07:55
But when applying in Tomsk, I'm not allowed to live and work in Moscow. My job is in Moscow so how can I live in Tomsk? Sorry to say, but the rules regarding this permit are just awful.

I wonder if it's really neccessary to have this 3 year registration. what will happen if I just show up with a 1 year standard employer dummy registration as what I have now? I'm gonna figure this out to the bottom that's for sure.

I simply can't believe that you MUST have a 3 year Propiska registration in order to get the TPR.

Well, first you get the TRP stamp (they did NOT ask me for any registration BEFORE I undertook the TRP application process), but then you get 1 week to fix your 3year registration.
Most people do this by registering at their own apartment, or at relatives and close friends.

N.Hoffman
20-01-2014, 12:14
and what if you can't produce that document? Do they then revoke the residence permit? I can produce a 12 montyhs resuidence, but not a 3 years one.

As if it's totally normal. Yeah everybody should be able to produce such residence. The reality is that unless you have property, it's impossible to get paper. This is what angers me the most. The rules simply don't make sense!

Judge
20-01-2014, 13:25
Having a place to be registered at makes sense,you're applying for residence permit, you need to be registred at a residence.

One of the documents you need to hand in when first applying for TPR is the ownership document (a copy)of the flat where you will be registered once you get the TPR.

If you apply in Tomsk there's nothing to stop you from living and working in Moscow.... Once you get your TRP and registered in Tomsk then you might have to go back to Tomsk every 3 months of so, this is the case even for Russians, some say you should carry your bus/train details that you left Moscow, but people never bother..
Visit the FMS in Tomsk, see what they say, you'll probably have to do all the medical tests there anyway..

SV1973a
20-01-2014, 13:35
Having a place to be registered at makes sense,you're applying for residence permit, you need to be registred at a residence.
This whole registration thing is a strange concept for many foreigners. Back home in my country we don`t have such a concept. Probably the Russian registration is still a left over from the USSR and probably even from the tsaritst regime.

One of the documents you need to hand in when first applying for TPR is the ownership document (a copy)of the flat where you will be registered once you get the TPR.
I was never asked for this until after they gave me the TRP stamp. Then they told me I had one week to fix my registration. It would make sense to check this in advance, though.

If you apply in Tomsk there's nothing to stop you from living and working in Moscow....
I don`t know whether you still need a work permit when you are TRP holder. You still needed one when I got my TRP. In those days even if you had TRP from Moscow oblast you had to apply for WP in Moscow.

Judge
20-01-2014, 13:47
Probably different places have different requests, in the other thread they handed in docs of ownership.
http://expat.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=48574

Even a hand written signed note was also needed, but this doesn't seem to be the case now...

RooRu
24-01-2014, 12:40
Since Jan 2013 a work permit is no longer needed when you have TRP.

rahul
02-02-2014, 01:08
I'm an student in RF, can i do TRP?

Hans.KK
02-02-2014, 09:27
I'm an student in RF, can i do TRP?Yes if you full fit the requirements. To be a student in RF is not one of them.

rahul
03-02-2014, 14:15
Thanks.

But can i get Police clearance certificate from Indian Embassy, like for student visa maybe they r giving or not giving, not so clear.?? Do u have any idea about Indian PCC to get from Embassy?

finnandcork
03-02-2014, 23:23

Apply!!!They will, 99% sure, hire you....they have a bad rap but not all of their schools are clusterf*cks....plus, they pay alright....2100 for starters....not great but not awful....English First, they always need someone, our school in Butovo is looking for many teachers....

GarethM
07-02-2014, 21:19
Hello everyone, :wazzup: How are you all!

Bad time to posting during the opening of the winter Olympics I know, sorry for that!

This is my first posting here, as you can all see! I have been reading and reading and reading for the last couple of days whilst I waited for my membership to be completed to the forum.

First of all, what an incredible forum, thanks for all the people who have been contributing to it over the years, it is sure to make my emigration to the RF easier.

Secondly, thanks BeachBum for this incredible post, although some things have changed since it was written, this post will be absolutely invaluable to me and my wife over the next year or few.....

And finally, I have a million questions like all "dummies", but my pressing question is this, and it is double barrelled:

Registration at a property? I have looked everywhere on this forum and unless I am been very stupid, I cannot really see any information about it, ie, what are the requirements, which documents are required to get registered etc?

So, my wife, who is Russian believes that our first step when I arrive in Russia is to get me "registered" , we are lucky that her mother owns a property in St Petersburg and is willing to "register" me at that property.

Can anyone please confirm, firstly, what type of visa will be required for me to get registration at the address, we are planning on me arriving on a private visa.

If indeed I need registration as the first step (which after reading through the forum seems to be up for debate, some say it is not required until after the TRP is issued, but others, including my wife and her mother think that getting registration is the first step), which documents will I need to provide when getting registration at a property.

And lastly, is the only real difference between "propiska" and registration is that propiska is only available once I have attained my PRP? And registration is to a brit like me, the same thing, only it only proves where I am living and does not give me any rights in the country? In Lehman terms of course.

Not to go overboeard on my first post, but this is our basic plan.

I am British, my wife is Russian. We were married in England last summer and the marriage has already been registered in Russia.

1) I will arrive on a 3 month private visa.
2) We will register me at my mother-in-laws property.
3) Whilst in Russia for 3 months, I will be seeking out an employer, someone who can then sponsor me, which will then allow me to return again on a work visa.
4) Return home after 3 months.
5) Gather all documents including, most importantly, my police check, notorized :-)
6) Return to Russia on a 1 year work visa, gather the rest of the documents as fast as possible, including all medical reports.
7) Apply for TRP.

That is of course in a nutshell, but can anyone see any fundamental mistakes in our plan, other than our optimism that I can find an employer!!

I am not university educated, but my wife, Valeriya has some contacts and thinks I can get a job teaching English, even if the money is terrible, it will not be important, we have a place to live and my wife will be making reasonable money to support us through the first year or 2.

And just ONE more thing, I read somewhere, that if I arrive on a private visa and find an employer, I can apply for an extension on my visa and also make it so that I am legally allowed to work. Is there any truth to this at all?

Well, that's all guys.

Thanks to your forum, I think we have a pretty good idea about how to proceed, so thanks a lot for that and either way, I will be arriving in SPT in a few months, so if any Brits out there desperatly need anything brining over, than let me know and I will see if I can help you, otherwise, it will be nice to have some fellow Brits to have a beer and a natter with once I arrive, it would be nice to find some of you living out there and hear your experiences!

Thank you all,

Gareth. :uk:

Hans.KK
08-02-2014, 03:28
Registration at a property? I have looked everywhere on this forum and unless I am been very stupid, I cannot really see any information about it, ie, what are the requirements, which documents are required to get registered etc?What registration do you speak about? There are two kinds of registration, the first one is the one you have to do within 5 or 7 days, it is a temporally registration, the second one is a more time consuming thing and it registrar you at property for a longer period (the time that your TRP last), and is is split into two parts, first the owner of the property promise to registrar you when you get your TRP, then the owner do registrar you when you get you TRP.

So, my wife, who is Russian believes that our first step when I arrive in Russia is to get me "registered"Yes within the 5/7 days.

Can anyone please confirm, firstly, what type of visa will be required for me to get registration at the address, we are planning on me arriving on a private visa.Private visa is fine.

If indeed I need registration as the first step (which after reading through the forum seems to be up for debate, some say it is not required until after the TRP is issued, but others, including my wife and her mother think that getting registration is the first step)I think some of you mix up the two kinds of registration, you need the guest/tourist registration first of all, then when you apply for the TRP you will have to registrar as a "temporally guest for the time of you TRP"

, which documents will I need to provide when getting registration at a property.Ask at the office where you plan to do the registration, they may have special local demands.

And lastly, is the only real difference between "propiska" and registration is that propiska is only available once I have attained my PRP? And registration is to a brit like me, the same thing, only it only proves where I am living and does not give me any rights in the country? In Lehman terms of course.I have a PRP and had had it for more that 5 years, I do not have a "propiska" (but I had a stamp in my passport during the TRP, and now I have a blue booklet as a prof of my PRP), so it is most likely a term that is a leftover from old times.

5) Gather all documents including, most importantly, my police check, notorized :-)And Appostile stamp too, it goes for all documents from your home country that you plan to use official places in Russia.

GarethM
08-02-2014, 22:49
"What registration do you speak about? There are two kinds of registration, the first one is the one you have to do within 5 or 7 days, it is a temporally registration, the second one is a more time consuming thing and it registrar you at property for a longer period (the time that your TRP last), and is is split into two parts, first the owner of the property promise to registrar you when you get your TRP, then the owner do registrar you when you get you TRP."

Well Hans, that is my question! I do not know the difference really! I visited Russia last year on a private visa which my mother in law made for me and we had to register within the 5-7 days, which we did. I understand that is pretty standard for anyone coming to Russia.

What I meant is, is that all that is required in terms of "registration" when it comes to beginning the TRP, or, what is the other, more complicated type of registration you speak of?

This sounds like what I was talking about and what I need to do to begin the TRP, right?

Could you please give me some more information about the other more complicated type of registration, I think this is what my wife and her mother are talking about and what they think we need to be doing first of all when I arrive in Russia before even thinking about the TRP.

Info like what documents will be required from me would be really useful!

Sorry if I am over complicating it, I just do not want to turn up in Russia without documents which I need.

Also, you seem to be an expert around here :-)

So....what do you think of the plan I laid out in my last post mate, is that the correct order to be doing things in, including the Apostille of course!

Just for reference, we have tried and failed to settle in Ireland (Republic of) already and so we are very familiar with the idea of getting translations, notorizing and aplostilling everything!

And while were at it, can you recommend (Or anyone) a good provider of these services in St Petersburg?

Thanks for the reply already and take things easy :thumbsup:

Hans.KK
09-02-2014, 16:47
I visited Russia last year on a private visa which my mother in law made for me and we had to register within the 5-7 days, which we did. I understand that is pretty standard for anyone coming to Russia.Yes and that is you first step every time you come to Russia when you don't have a TRP/PRP, even at the time when you are going to apply for the TRP.

What I meant is, is that all that is required in terms of "registration" when it comes to beginning the TRP, or, what is the other, more complicated type of registration you speak of?Well next time you are coming to Russia, you and your wife goes to the local FMS office (the one that handles that area where you are going to be registered during your TRP time), you bring a camera and you take pictures of ALL informations boards there, even those that do not look to be relevant, and then you find the door/window where they handles TRP, you go there, you may need to come back a other day/time(opening hours may not fit for the time you are there first time, remember to photo the opening hours), you may even have to queue from early morning to be sure to enter the right office.
When you are there ask about what papers/documents they need (both them from Russia an you home country) and in what condition (Apostille stamp/Translated/Notary stamp, etc.), you may benefit from recording the conversation (but hide you device that you use for the purpose), it is nice to be able to hear the words again if you memory fails just a little. But forget to use the recorded conversation as a proof against the persons at the FMS if they for some reason change there mind about what documents you need and the condition of the documents during the process (and it will happen).
BTW Make pictures of the document that you hand over to the FMS (even if you fill them out at the FMS), it is nice to have later, you may have to fill out the exact same documents again later so better fill them out the same way every time. Remember that the FMS do keep all the documents that you bring them.

Could you please give me some more information about the other more complicated type of registration, I think this is what my wife and her mother are talking about and what they think we need to be doing first of all when I arrive in Russia before even thinking about the TRP.First registration is the same as you did last time, then you go to the FMS, then you know what documents they need from the "address/property-registration office" (I do not recall the Russian name, someone help me here?).
At the "address/property-registration office" you (most likely your mother in law) have to fill out some papers and then you will get the right formula's in return, this is the documents for the FMS, and it is the promise that "someone" will registrar you at "there" place during you TRP time.

Next step is to give all these documents (included all other documents that the FMS demand) to the FMS (be prepared that new demands for documents may occur, as well as they can return documents that they now don't need).
If they accept all documents it is fine, and next step is to wait for the TRP to be approved, and after that you go to the "address/property-registration office" and get the registration done (and return to the FMS to show it and get the final stamp).

Above is a general description about the process, changes may occur, be attentive all the time.
Always check that documents that you receive is filled out correctly, the spelling of names, addresses, passport number, all dates, and that there always is signatures and stamps too.

Info like what documents will be required from me would be really useful!http://www.ufms.spb.ru/ but be aware that local attitude may demand more or less from the official demands, your choice if you want to fight them if the differ from the official demands, I would think twice.

Sorry if I am over complicating it, I just do not want to turn up in Russia without documents which I need.I understand, but be prepared that that situation may occur.

Also, you seem to be an expert around here :-)No, I had just done it my self.

So....what do you think of the plan I laid out in my last post mate, is that the correct order to be doing things in, including the Apostille of course!Well you just have to meet up at the FMS to hear about there demands, there may be new ones that no one had ever heard about before.
Sorry but there may be documents that you may need that you have no chance to find out about before your meeting with the FMS.

And while were at it, can you recommend (Or anyone) a good provider of these services in St Petersburg?There may be an office close to the FMS that deals with that, but don't use them for many reasons:
You have to do all the collection of documents your self in person, they can do the queuing for you, but you have to be present in the office to get the documents.
No warranty that things will go more easy, or that you application will pass.

By doing everything your self you have full knowledge about status and what was told etc. and it is not that difficult, just very time consuming.

Judge
10-02-2014, 11:45
At the "address/property-registration office" you (most likely your mother in law) have to fill out some papers and then you will get the right formula's in return, this is the documents for the FMS, and it is the promise that "someone" will registrar you at "there" place during you TRP time.

First time I've heard of that....

Usually a notarized copy of ownership of the flat where the person will be registered is enough when handing in the application for TPR.

Judge
10-02-2014, 12:17
1) I will arrive on a 3 month private visa.
2) We will register me at my mother-in-laws property.
3) Whilst in Russia for 3 months, I will be seeking out an employer, someone who can then sponsor me, which will then allow me to return again on a work visa.
4) Return home after 3 months.
5) Gather all documents including, most importantly, my police check, notorized :-)
6) Return to Russia on a 1 year work visa, gather the rest of the documents as fast as possible, including all medical reports.
7) Apply for TRP.

Hi Gareth, welcome to the site...
What you posted above is a good plan,but you could start TPR when you come on your 3 month visa,bring what you need from the UK(Police Check),get medical tests all done ,fill in application and hand over docs to your local FMS.
This all can be done in 3 months, then come back on another 3 month visa..
At the same time you can be looking for work as a teacher in St Petes...

By starting the process straight away you save time, let's say you don't find a school in the first 3 months, it could be 3 months wasted, best get the ball rolling early..

If you have any other questions just ask, we are here to help..

Good luck..

Hans.KK
10-02-2014, 15:36
First time I've heard of that....I had been asking my wife about this office, and (here where we live in St. Petersborg) it is called something like "Passport service", and the use to take care about property at that time, but today this part is en a central office somewhere in the centre of the city.
But I am sure that the FMS will tell where to go, and what to get.

Usually a notarized copy of ownership of the flat where the person will be registered is enough when handing in the application for TPR.We were not at the Notary regarding this with registration of me in our flat, except for one small detail, my wife had to go to the Notary and sign a paper that she allow me to live with her, this nice document with Notary-stamp we had to bring to the "Passport service" before they would accept to registrar me when I got my TRP.

RooRu
10-02-2014, 15:53
Gareth, you don't need to worry about the second kind of registration until you have your TRP. It is only once you have that in your hot little hand that you have to get the ownership docs together (your mother-in-law will had to do this but it's not complicated). For your TRP application the registration you have for your private visa is sufficient.

You can't extend your private visa, even if someone offers you a work visa. You will have leave when it expires and come back on another private visa (or tourist/business) or a work visa. I came and went on private visas while waiting for TRP. it's not that bad. I agree with Andy that you should start the TRP process as soon as you arrive. First step is to go to your local FMS and ask them what docs they need and where you have to do your medical tests.

Good luck. It's a time-consuming process but not as awful as it first appears. I made good use of this forum when applying for TRP and PRP. People are always willing to help so feel free to keep asking questions.

GarethM
10-02-2014, 17:23
Hi Guys,

Thank you so much for the replies, it is so useful to have this kind of advice for free. A round of beers in St Petes will be provided for you all once I get there!

I am glad that we appear to be on the right track with our plan, the only thing I am concerned about after reading your thoughts is this:

If I make my application when I arrive in the next couple of months, then stay for the remainder of my three months and then leave again... what if whilst I am out of the country waiting the three months before I can re-enter, what if my TRP is accepted and I am not there to collect it and then go and make the registration within the 7 days.

That is the ONLY reason I am looking to find an employer during my three month stay, so that when I returned, I could make my application for the TRP and be safe in the knowledge that my work visa allows me to stay for one year and I will be there when the TRP is accepted (or rejected).

If I am not in the country when the TRP is granted, will I then have to begin the process again?

How did you all get around this?

In terms of timescale. this is our rough plan. On the advice you have given.

Arrive in SPT 1st April.
Make TRP application.
Depart 1st of July.
Wait back in in England for three months.
Return 1st of October.
Then if my TRP is not granted during the period of my second private visa, I will have to leave again on 1st of January.

So what if my TRP is granted between July and October, or after the 1st of January.

How did you time it so that you would be in the country at the right time?!!

I know the application should take 6 months, but it's possible it could take more or less, right? Or, am I over thinking this issue here?!!

Well, I am looking forward to your replies,

Thanks again guys,

Gaz.

RooRu
10-02-2014, 20:19
You only have to register your TRP once you have physically received it, i.e. you have been to the FMS, had your fingerprints taken, filled in some forms and had the TRP stamped in your passport. Mine was issued while I was out of the country but I did all of the above once I got back.

The chances of your TRP being issued in less than 6 months if you haven't got someone pulling strings for you are pretty minimal so I don't think you need to worry about it being issued if you're out of the country fairly soon after applying. Maybe things are different in St P but I doubt it.

Is it your choice to wait in UK three months? You can come straight back in on another private visa if you want to you know.

GarethM
10-02-2014, 22:45
Hi RooRu,

That is some really useful info. I did not realise two things that you have pointed out, a) that I do not have to be in the country when the TRP is issues and b) That I can return straight away on another private visa. Thank's for clearing that up.

But I presume I can only use two private visa's per every 12 months though? So I have to use them wisely I guess!

I feel pretty confident now with our plan and thanks to all your advice, we are going to proceed with my TRP on my first visit and make the application.

I have a couple more questions though......

1)After my TRP is granted, do I have legal permission to work? And if so, what type of evidence do I need to provide to show that I am working.

2) Will my wife be required to present any documents throughout the process, if so, which ones?

In particularly, she has been told that she will need to provide evidence of her employment for the last year and proof of her earnings, is that correct?

If so, that could be a big problem for us and stall us, as at the moment, we are living in Cork, Ireland. Valeriya will be back in Russia tomorrow though and hopefully back to work within 2 weeks, so I guess it is important to know the answer to this question before we go racing ahead with our TRP.

Sorry for the change of direction here for this thread, but......

3) Do I really have any chance of finding work (albeit illegally) in Russia and as English Teacher without a Degree or CELTA. OR.. any other job at all even for that matter?

I am looking into taking a CELTA course in the UK before I come to Russia, but it is very expensive and I am wondering if I may be able to find any work making money without these qualifications. I would be looking to make around 20,000 - 30,000 in a month, that way I can save the money I need to study a CELTA course when I return to the UK. OK, don't all laugh about my goal of 20,000 - 30,000, lol, it might be hard, but the wife reckons it is possible and she is usually right (unfortunately :tongue:) so what do you all think, could it be POSSIBLE?!! Has anyone got any advice where I may find this kind of work?

Thanks again for your time in answering my questions people, much appreciated.

Gaz :smokin:

RooRu
11-02-2014, 00:14
Hi Gaz.

1. There is (currently) no limit to the number of days a year you can be in Russia if you have a private visa, i.e. if you want you can get 4 private visas and be here almost all year, other than the time when you're back in UK getting visas. You are probably thinking of the 90/180 rule which applies to the 1-year business visa. It does not apply across the board yet, only for the 1-year business visa.

2. Once you have TRP you can be employed by any employer just like a Russian citizen, i.e. without the need for a work permit or the requirement for the company to have a quota for employing foreigners.

3. When I applied for TRP I had income both here and in UK in the previous year. They did not ask me for any evidence of UK earnings. I just had to specify an amount. But that may be because they thought I had sufficient earnings here. Your best bet is for your wife to go to FMS when she gets back and ask what they want in terms of evidence, either from you of UK earnings or from your wife in terms of earnings in Russia.

4. I'm not in teaching so I don't know about the availability of work. But bear in mind that if you work illegally while on a private visa you will not be able to declare those earnings for your TRP and there is a (very slim) chance that you will get caught and jeopardize your chances of staying in Russia. I'm not sure but I think you can do CELTA in St P. Someone here should know.

Ruth

GarethM
11-02-2014, 18:43
Hi Ruth,

Thanks again for your reply!

I think right now I feel incredibly confident about making my TRP application. Valeriya will of course be going to the UFMS office in a couple of days time to ask some more questions!

But if I may just ask you one more question about your application please?

At what point during the process are you asked to provide proof of earnings?

I ask this because... Valeriya and I met working on cruise ships, we finished working for them last March. For the 3 years we worked for them we have no proof of earnings as all money was paid in cash. From March until September last year, we lived on our savings, Valeriya came to England and we got married, she returned, I moved to Cork, Ireland (Where we still are now). In October last year I found work in Cork, but it turned out to only be short lived as the company went bankrupt in January this year and I lost my job. This was just 2 months after Valeriya had arrived in Cork to settle with me.

So, my point is, that in the last 4 years-ish, the only earnings I can show is the rather measly 6.5k I made whilst working in Cork. As for Valeriya, she was working full time whilst waiting for her visa to the UK for us to get married and then again when she returned back to Russia and waited for her visa to Ireland to be approved. Meaning, she has worked and has paper evidence for around 6 months employment in the last 4 years.

I get the feeling that later on down the line this could be a BIG problem for us.

If documentation of earnings is required at the end of the TRP process, by then Valeriya should have almost a full years worth of employment history, but as for me, as I will be in Russia on a private visa, I will have no evidence of any work at all for almost the last 4 years, bar my few months work in Cork.

Have you any idea how this may affect us in the future? I am not sure that Valeriya can find the answer to this question at the UFMS office.

Thanks,

Gareth. :10518:

ezik
11-02-2014, 23:54
Open a bank account ASAP. Try to get around 120k rubles in it. If you don't have it, borrow it, just get it into that account before the time you receive your TRP.

Then, upon registering, ask a printout of your bank statement at your bank. Take that statement when applying for registration at UFMS.

After that, do with the money what you like. Just make sure that in a year from now, you'll have something on your bank account again to re-register, as it is an annual procedure.

ezik
11-02-2014, 23:57
You don't have to prove "earnings". As long as your bank account has the sum of the annual minimal wage in Russia, you're good to go. Best to put a bit extra on it. And not too much. ;)

Hans.KK
12-02-2014, 00:10
You don't have to prove "earnings".That is right, to the FMS you do not need to do so, but if the "Tax man" see your bank account he may ask how you made it, and if you can't prove that it is correct taxed money, you may end up paying 30% in tax on you money on your bank account.
This is a reason to some headache at some people that is waiting in the lines at our local FMS.

RooRu
12-02-2014, 11:46
Gareth, sorry, didn't want to worry you. The point I was trying to make about working cash-in-hand teaching is that you won't get the official document (it's called a tax document called 2NDFL) which people employed in Russia submit to show how much they're earning. It's not a compulsory document for TRP, though. You can simply state on the application that you have savings. The point is to prove that you can support yourself or that your spouse can support you.

Ruth

GarethM
12-02-2014, 20:47
Hi everyone!

Thanks for the replies!

No Ruth, you did not scare me, don't worry! Valeriya left yesterday back to Russia, so I spent last night having a deep conversation with my good friend James, although you probably know him best as Jack, Jack Daniels to be specific :10518: !! So I did not get around to replying to your messages, sorry about that.

Ok, given the information given to me, just one more question, what criteria do I need to meet and what documentation do I need to provide to open a Russian bank account?

120k in roubles should not be too difficult, I guess with Valeriya making around 40k per month, we can take it all out from her account when she is paid and whack it in my account and live of the money I will be making whilst working, ah hem, not legally, shall we say?!!!

She is starting back at work in a couple of days, so we should be able to provide evidence of where this money came from so that the tax man does not have a field day with our money!

Ruth, can a 2NDFL be requested at any time by a russian citizen, or is it like the UK system where you get a report yearly about your earnings.

Anyway, I am glad it is not compulsory, but I think then I will work on getting this money into a bank account and work out how we can prove it was made later on!

Once again, I thank you all for your replies, it's really kind of you all to help me out!

Do any of you actually live in SPT?

Thanks,

Gaz.

Judge
12-02-2014, 21:21
Open a bank account ASAP. Try to get around 120k rubles in it. If you don't have it, borrow it, just get it into that account before the time you receive your TRP.

Then, upon registering, ask a printout of your bank statement at your bank. Take that statement when applying for registration at UFMS.

After that, do with the money what you like. Just make sure that in a year from now, you'll have something on your bank account again to re-register, as it is an annual procedure.

As far as I know it's not necessary to show a bank statement at any stage when applying for TRP,not even at the last stage when you go for registration.
Also,the registration is good for 3 years,no need to re-register every year.
A bank statement is needed when applying for Permanent Residency,that's the next step.

FatAndy
12-02-2014, 21:25
2ndfl may be requested at any time in accounting office (бухгалтерия) of your/her employer, usually they put there your salary/earnings data for a previous year, or for the period you/she worked for the employer, and some other data, including juridical data about employer itself.
It is pretty standard financial doc to prove you are working there on the certain position with certain salary etc.

GarethM
13-02-2014, 00:46
2ndfl may be requested at any time in accounting office (бухгалтерия) of your/her employer, usually they put there your salary/earnings data for a previous year, or for the period you/she worked for the employer, and some other data, including juridical data about employer itself.
It is pretty standard financial doc to prove you are working there on the certain position with certain salary etc.

OK, that's good to know! I think we will be alright!

I just got an interview lined up on Skype working for an English school, they seem pretty keen and they are going to pay 32,000 for working 25 hours per week, they will also arrange a year long work visa, so fingers crossed for me please!

I just cannot wait to get to Russia now, I spent 9 weeks there in the summer of 2012 and loved it, so I just want to get the ball rolling!

Ohh, so does anyone know what documents I will need to open up a bank account in Russia?

Thanks again to all who have replied to me!

Cheers,

Gaz.

FatAndy
13-02-2014, 07:56
There is the profile subforum about Banking and Money, and, afaik, needed docs may vary bank to bank. For us, local bears, internal passport is enough. For you - passport, visa, registration as neccessary, maybe some others as optional ones. I recommend you to use a bank with ATM/branch offices network which is wide enough... or maybe just closest to your homeplace. ;)
If you'll work official way, most of employers have contracts with banks and transfer salaries to bank accounts in certain bank. Bank issues debit or (maybe later on) credit card attached to that salary account, in 1-2 weeks after submitting your data via employer's accounting office. The good thing is you don't need to run with papers yourself, the bad one - you can't select the bank, they may have only 20-30 ATMs in the city, and no branches outside it.

Hans.KK
13-02-2014, 11:01
Do any of you actually live in SPT?Look at upper right corner of a post, sometimes people had put in there location, or click on a posters name tag (Upper left corner of a post), choose "View Public Profile", and click on tab "About Me", some may had put in the name of the city, and there are many ways to write "St. Petersburg".

RooRu
13-02-2014, 12:54
Also,the registration is good for 3 years,no need to re-register every year.

You do, though, have to report to your local FMS annually (around the anniversary of TRP receipt) and fill in a form to state how many days you've been out of the country and what your income (savings) is. This is what people often refer to as re-registration, although it's a different process.

Judge
13-02-2014, 13:25
You do, though, have to report to your local FMS annually (around the anniversary of TRP receipt) and fill in a form to state how many days you've been out of the country and what your income (savings) is. This is what people often refer to as re-registration, although it's a different process.

interesting,thanks for that bit of useful info.

Hans.KK
13-02-2014, 13:30
You do, though, have to report to your local FMS annually (around the anniversary of TRP receipt) and fill in a form to state how many days you've been out of the country and what your income (savings) isI had to go to the FMS every time I wanted to leave Russia (to get en exit-entry visa) during my TRP time, and to report that I had arrived again after my journeys out of Russia.
I hope that they had change from "single visa" to "multi visa" during TRP, because this was a pain in the butt to put in nice words.

aamir
23-02-2014, 00:45
Hi can you tell as where is this all address for HIV ,TV etc I mean billing n,thank you,I am going to summit my document ,thank you have a good time !

jasone65
23-02-2014, 12:30
I had to go to the FMS every time I wanted to leave Russia (to get en exit-entry visa) during my TRP time, and to report that I had arrived again after my journeys out of Russia.
I hope that they had change from "single visa" to "multi visa" during TRP, because this was a pain in the butt to put in nice words.

My TRP issued in St Pete's had multi exit-entry visa lasting the duration. I only used it once, but the FMS did say it was multi. This was last year. (Abtovo)

Hans.KK
23-02-2014, 12:57
(Abtovo)Then they http://maps.yandex.ru/-/CVfZQ633 had change there procedure to the better, thanks for telling.

N.Hoffman
07-07-2014, 14:07
If you apply in Tomsk there's nothing to stop you from living and working in Moscow.... Once you get your TRP and registered in Tomsk then you might have to go back to Tomsk every 3 months of so, this is the case even for Russians, some say you should carry your bus/train details that you left Moscow, but people never bother..
Visit the FMS in Tomsk, see what they say, you'll probably have to do all the medical tests there anyway..[/QUOTE]

Yes, I fionally had the time to visit the office there and this is what they say:

You are working in Mosocw, so you can't apply here. :mad:

New rules stipulate that you can only apply for TPR if you have work in the city. So I can only apply in Tomsk if i have work in Tomsk.

Have they really gone MAD??? So now you must have and a propiska and work in the same city. So now you must have somebody to register and the job in the same city. If not you are basically screwed. They also said that all police forces will carefully check if you don't work in another city. If they find out that you do work in another city, you'll be banned for 5 years. :mad::mad::mad:

I really have no idea what to do now. It seems it's systematically made impossible to get TPR now.

CaliforniaChic
08-07-2014, 19:49

CaliforniaChic
08-07-2014, 19:52
Visit the FMS in Tomsk, see what they say, you'll probably have to do all the medical tests there anyway..

Yes, I fionally had the time to visit the office there and this is what they say:

You are working in Mosocw, so you can't apply here. :mad:

New rules stipulate that you can only apply for TPR if you have work in the city. So I can only apply in Tomsk if i have work in Tomsk.

Have they really gone MAD??? So now you must have and a propiska and work in the same city. So now you must have somebody to register and the job in the same city. If not you are basically screwed. They also said that all police forces will carefully check if you don't work in another city. If they find out that you do work in another city, you'll be banned for 5 years. :mad::mad::mad:

I really have no idea what to do now. It seems it's systematically made impossible to get TPR now.[/QUOTE]

Did you actually ask them yourself, or did you have someone go in and ask for you? If someone else asked while you weren't present and didn't actually divulge your country of origin and/or name, then they won't know it is you and it may be worth it to try and apply for it.

Are you married to a Russian citizen? If so, then can't you just present a bank account with a little more than the minimum financial requirements and make it seem as if you and your wife are living in Tomsk off of your savings, with neither of you actually working there? If the police visit where you are registered in Tomsk, and you are "away" then the only way I could imagine them finding out you don't really live there is by asking neighbors if they see you regularly. I have never heard of them checking up on people at their place of registration, and I doubt they do, as I have seen mentioned several times in the news the problem with the flats that have hundreds of foreign migrants registered to the same single address.

If you are on a work visa in Moscow you will have to leave and get a private visa done to start the process.

N.Hoffman
09-07-2014, 22:56
They told me directly. They said that if I want to apply I must show proof that i have work there with a valid workvisa. Theyt also said that all 8 police forces will check carefully if I only work there. One mistake, one bit of work in another city will cause a ban for 5 years.

They said it is a new rule to crack down on gastarbeiters who massively apply for residence permits in outside cities.

I just wonder: If you have awife with a propiska in another city you're basically screwed. Nice set of rules here :bird:

Benedikt
10-07-2014, 06:11
I just wonder: If you have awife with a propiska in another city you're basically screwed. Nice set of rules here :bird:[/QUOTE]

before I got my TRP and RP I was working all over Russia but my -base- was always Moscow. And for every job I got I had to apply for a work permit in that city. Once the contract was over, the owners and to tell the FMS within 3 days that I have left. though, leaving always on good terms, I got -unpaid sick leave-,- leave of absence,unpaid-, -extended unpaid vacation for extra work-. and we could wheedle out between 2 to 3 month. that gave me time to get a new job, do all the documents and this was one way, and it was legal, not having to leave the country before finding work.

CaliforniaChic
10-07-2014, 12:56
They told me directly. They said that if I want to apply I must show proof that i have work there with a valid workvisa. Theyt also said that all 8 police forces will check carefully if I only work there. One mistake, one bit of work in another city will cause a ban for 5 years.

They said it is a new rule to crack down on gastarbeiters who massively apply for residence permits in outside cities.

I just wonder: If you have awife with a propiska in another city you're basically screwed. Nice set of rules here :bird:

So you wanted to apply for TRP there based on your spouse's propiska? I also applied for TRP recently based on my marriage, and nowhere was a work visa or proof of employment mentioned nor required, I believe at renewal time it comes up. What they are saying sounds a bit harsh. There is no way they can force you to work there if you are financially sound (money in the bank) and/or if your spouse can prove that they support you. Preventing family reunification is against the UN Universal Declaration of Human Rights, so it sounds a bit off to me. Maybe it is a he says/she says sort of thing?

Benedikt
10-07-2014, 15:12
[QUOTE=CaliforniaChic;1326346]So you wanted to apply for TRP there based on your spouse's propiska? I also applied for TRP recently based on my marriage, and nowhere was a work visa or proof of employment mentioned nor required,

TRP and RP is not connected to -working-.Only thing they want to see that you have the means to support yourself. that is 12 minimum salaries in the bank. and it must be in YOUR name. the wife having a million and you nothing does apparently not count.

rubyrussia
10-07-2014, 17:38
[QUOTE=CaliforniaChic;1326346]So you wanted to apply for TRP there based on your spouse's propiska? I also applied for TRP recently based on my marriage, and nowhere was a work visa or proof of employment mentioned nor required,

TRP and RP is not connected to -working-.Only thing they want to see that you have the means to support yourself. that is 12 minimum salaries in the bank. and it must be in YOUR name. the wife having a million and you nothing does apparently not count.

Not true anymore for ВНЖ. I was told by ufms that someone has to be working and that just money in a back account wouldn't cut it anymore.

CaliforniaChic
10-07-2014, 18:21

Is that for the initial stage of the TRP application or for the renewal stage you were told that? I submitted mine and no bank information under my name nor employment info was written, and I know of another American who also applied under the same circumstances. I am guessing each FMS once again interprets the rules in their own ways?

CaliforniaChic
10-07-2014, 18:23
[quote=Benedikt;1326385][COLOR="Red"]

Not true anymore for ВНЖ. I was told by ufms that someone has to be working and that just money in a back account wouldn't cut it anymore.

Ruby, were you told that for the intial TRP application or for the renewal at the end of the year?

jasone65
10-07-2014, 19:02
My last TRP check was around April last year in St Pete's. I was not/ am not working and I was told then, by UFMS, I needed 205,000 rubles in a bank account, in my name. I am also married to a Russian, doubt that makes any difference for the purpose of this thread though.
From what Im reading here, this is not the case anymore? I wonder what difference this new law makes (if any) if you already have trp/ prp, when applying or yearly checking?

rubyrussia
11-07-2014, 02:07
[quote=Benedikt;1326385][COLOR="Red"]

Is that for the initial stage of the TRP application or for the renewal stage you were told that? I submitted mine and no bank information under my name nor employment info was written, and I know of another American who also applied under the same circumstances. I am guessing each FMS once again interprets the rules in their own ways?

I was talking about PRP... not TRP or the yearly checkup. If you guys are worried about PRP (ВНЖ) you can pull up my post history and read about my latest visit to UFMS.

N.Hoffman
14-07-2014, 21:25
As I've heard the rules have changed. With a temporary residence you can only work in the city where you are registered. No further exeption anymore.

Until thjis far I can understand it, but when this rule is combined with a duty to shoiw propiska. It's ultimately cruel and senseless. :devil:

I guess I got no chance to get such residence permits and I will be dependent on working visas all the time. If then Russian language requirement comes up, I'll be screwed.

Maybe time to look for settlement with the family in another country as Russia obviously doesn't want immigrants.

Benedikt
15-07-2014, 08:09
As I've heard the rules have changed. With a temporary residence you can only work in the city where you are registered. No further exeption anymore.

Until thjis far I can understand it, but when this rule is combined with a duty to shoiw propiska. It's ultimately cruel and senseless. :devil:

I guess I got no chance to get such residence permits and I will be dependent on working visas all the time. If then Russian language requirement comes up, I'll be screwed.

Maybe time to look for settlement with the family in another country as Russia obviously doesn't want immigrants.

look up on the government websites what they want from foreigners for a work permit, a residence permit and a passport.
You always can go to South Africa, ( they speak english, Afrikaans is easy to learn, and depending where you would live, one of the 24 local languages, who are by the way also official languages, if you want to communicate withe natives or government offices...) South America ( though spanish is needed there, another language to learn).Thailand? as a foreigner you can't buy a house outright, need always a Thai business partner.United States? the land of milk and honey, they speak all english, though soon spanish will be the majority.Australia? they have on their website a questionnaire, fill it in and see if you would qualify! I passed with flying colors then put in my age and out i went.. and that was years ago.

so, stay here, pull up your socks, stop whining and adapt. VV wants you here.

CaliforniaChic
15-07-2014, 12:18

Hoffman, in what line of work are you in? Can't you just do all the formalities as if you are living there, register as a self-employed individual, negotiate with your current employer for a cash salary and pay your taxes in the place where you have your TRP, and label yourself as a "consultant?" I mean plenty of people work online these days and are self-employed so how would they be able to know? I kind of agree with Benedikt, just try it out, and if it doesn't work out get a lawyer appeal or something, don't give up so easily.

jasone65
15-07-2014, 12:42
To add a view from the "other" side. I've just returned to the UK from Moscow, leaving my wife of 8 years and 3 year old daughter behind. It's not fun being alone again without your family. However, things do appear to be getting quite tough in Russia, and I assume are only going to get worse?

N.Hoffman
15-07-2014, 17:09
I'm in the business of English teaching. I've really tried everything. I tried to negotiate weith the work visa supplier, but all they toild me was, sorry we can't help you it's against the rules to have you on the visa and you don't work for us, besides we have quota problems. I can find plenty of education centers willing to employ me, but noone seems to be able to support the visa anymore. Except some rip off school offering 40.000 for full time work. Most schools seem to be well aware of the tough visa situation so they like to abuse it to the maximum. My last school that still has me on the visa tried to force me to do 40 hours a week for 45.000. Madness. I walked away and ignored all threats about how they were gonna cancel my visa.

The only way out is: The TRP got a wife and a kid, so I should be able to get such TRP off the quota. But here come the eternal problems. The need of a permanent registration in Moscow. I simply haven't got 5.000.000Rb now to buy a place in the moscow region somewhere. My wife is from Tomsk, so the lawyers told me to apply in Tomsk. But over there they don't want to do a TRP unless I have a valid workvisa there. But the quota in Tomsk is practically 0.

I'm in a seriously tough situation and I have no idea what to do. It seems the only thing I have now is getting on the business visa and get a Belarus transit visa in order for them not to discover the 3 months in a 6 months.

If anyone has a suggestion. Please let me know.

Hans.KK
15-07-2014, 18:45
My wife is from Tomsk, so the lawyers told me to apply in Tomsk. But over there they don't want to do a TRP unless I have a valid workvisa there.
Then go to Tomsk on a private visa, apply for TRP, and you may very well get it.

N.Hoffman
15-07-2014, 19:04
I know this way is theoretically possible, but the guys at the FMS told me that all 8 police forces in Russia will carefully monitor if I really work in Tomsk and not in Moscow. If I'm being found working in Moscow, it will mean a 5 years visa ban. I'll be forced to live in Tomskaya Oblast only.

The rules about working in the place where you are registered are strictly enforced now. I'm not sure whether I can stay below the radar.

jasone65
15-07-2014, 19:24
I'll try and get you the phone number of the guy who registered me in Moscow, if your interested. I think it cost 25k rubs.

ezik
15-07-2014, 19:36
Trying to stay under the radar will only give you more uncertainties. And it is, frankly, a bad idea. UFMS and border control are developing their systems quickly, so the chance to get caught is increasing and the consequences won't be nice. As you have a family (just like me) I recommend you not to gamble on this kind of stuff.

Permanent registrations in Moscow are valuable and not easy to get. Basically, once you get registered on an address officially, you gain certain rights: If the place you are registered is an old 5-storey house, chances are that this building is gonna be destroyed and being registered you automatically have a right to be compensated with an equivalent apartment on the same location. This right, in Moscow, easily translates into a few $100k. So that is also the risk for any owner allowing you to register. And they have no way to cover the risk, because you obtain the rights by registering.

Not sure if 5 million rubles (if you had it) would be enough to buy something in Moscow that you want to hold on to.

If your wife has relatives in Moscow, they are the first to approach for your registration.

If not, you'll need to find someone willing to take the risk of you registering on their address.

I know this way is theoretically possible, but the guys at the FMS told me that all 8 police forces in Russia will carefully monitor if I really work in Tomsk and not in Moscow. If I'm being found working in Moscow, it will mean a 5 years visa ban. I'll be forced to live in Tomskaya Oblast only.

The rules about working in the place where you are registered are strictly enforced now. I'm not sure whether I can stay below the radar.

Hans.KK
15-07-2014, 21:31
I'll be forced to live in Tomskaya Oblast only.Yes, stay in Tomsk for the whole TRP period, it is only a few years then you can go to Moscow later when you have the PRP.

Sorry but that solution look to be the only legal one for you as things kools like for now.

jasone65
15-07-2014, 23:00
Nick, PM sent. The number needs +7 obviously. Best of luck.

CaliforniaChic
15-07-2014, 23:04

I am in a very similar situation and these new rules definitely suck and are undoubtedly making it more difficult for us binational families. But if you think it's going to be too tough to stay below the radar, then as others have mentioned get your TRP stay there and when you are eligible apply for PRP and then move back to Moscow.

N.Hoffman
15-07-2014, 23:21
Well, staying in Tomsk will mean no income at all. How am I going to survive there. It's not an option at all.

Getting someone ready to register in moscow is completely impossible. Noone is willing to take such risks. Basically saying the rules are completely wrong. Made by sadistic idiots who have no bloody clue about the reality of things. This combination of being restricted to the town you are registered and the need to have Propiska registration is PURE SADISM!

Thanks a Lot Jason. I'll see what I can do with this.

CaliforniaChic
15-07-2014, 23:33
Either way it is a risk, either you risk having little to no income or you risk getting caught working in Moscow while your TRP is in Tomsk. The only other possible option if you don't want to try to go under the radar, is by getting a student visa in Moscow. Study part-time and work after your university classes, those are given for a year and easily renewed. That is all I can think of.

N.Hoffman
16-07-2014, 00:46
The law states clearly that you are not allowed to work at all on a student visa. Of course this is not strictly enforced, But to be found working could result in a 5 year ban as well. Besides you have the duty to attend classes when on a student visa. Bad idea

CaliforniaChic
16-07-2014, 14:41
Too bad Russia no longer grants automatic citizenship to the spouse of a Russian citizen, they still should in certain cases.

Benedikt
16-07-2014, 17:50
Too bad Russia no longer grants automatic citizenship to the spouse of a Russian citizen, they still should in certain cases.

and not only in Russia.
There was a time when it was to the marriage office in the morning, the embassy to collect the new passport and after a week, or even less to the divorce attorney. the -new- passport needed not to be returned. and the carousel started all over. But the embassies also got wise. it was obvious that also embassy employees were together in the scam....

xt-tsi
19-08-2014, 22:39
How do you get the criminal record document? As a US citizen...

Judge
20-08-2014, 09:43
How do you get the criminal record document? As a US citizen...
Hope this helps...

(American applicants this is the important one so READ THIS!)

First step: Get your fingerprints done. By seperate agency or Go to the US Embassy - American CItizen Services(Best Method) Call 728-5000 ask operator for ACS, Hours M-F 9-12, 2-4, Address: Bolshi Dyevatinski Per Dom 8, Metro Krasnopresnenskaya. Get your fingerprints done on the standard card. FD-258. Make sure a consular officer signs and places the American Counsular Stamp on the card (very important!!!!) The service is free.
Second Step: Go to the FBI web site for fingerprint services. Read all instructions on what to do with your completed card. Don't trust me. For those too lazy to search here is the address:

FBI internet site : Federal Bureau of Investigation - Criminal Justice Information Services Division - FBI Identification Record Request

For those too dumb to understand the instructions here is what to do:
send (3) things
A) the signed/ stamped FD-258 fingerprint card
b) complete and enclose a cover letter (see the FBI web site at the address I specified)
c) enclose payment 18$ by credit card form 18$ Money Order or certified check (if mailing from the states you have access to the last 2 options)

http://expat.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=104981

londonboy
09-09-2014, 17:24
Hi, I went to hand my forms in at the local FMS and there was a huge queue, those queuing said that the people start to arrive at 2 or 3 in the morning with no guarantee of being able to submit their application. Is this always the case? If so I'll need an early night soon.

Benedikt
09-09-2014, 18:07
Hi, I went to hand my forms in at the local FMS and there was a huge queue, those queuing said that the people start to arrive at 2 or 3 in the morning with no guarantee of being able to submit their application. Is this always the case? If so I'll need an early night soon.

maybe you have seen the piece of paper where you sign your name to be -in line-. Let's say there are 50 or 100 names on the list. but they take only 30 or 40. so, you move up and are the next day under the early ones. but when -rollcall- is made you must be present or your name will be stricken off. then you can go back to sleep in your car, or go home if you are close by. you just have to tell the person who is before and after you. but it is not advisable to move away when you are more or less closer to be in line. it might happen, and it did when it was my term, we were some 20 in line, 6 were rejected after 5 minutes, then a third inspector arrived and we were done in 30 minutes....
also, should you be there very early , no one is there yet and you are,LUCKY YOU, the first one to write your name on to that paper.you MUST wait until the next person arrives. hand over the paper, he or she will write the name down. and then you can go back to sleep or watch videos in your car. and don't think, well I go there at 9 or 10 at night, put my name first on to that paper,leave it there and go sleep again. you will come back, no one has seen your paper and you will be of course xxxx in line. and I have seen (verbal and loud) fights about that.....
registration for that line -online-? I have seen it only at the OBD in Strogino at the passport office. at opening time the guy comes out, asks who has registered online, that also means you get the passport service application accepted the same day ( or of course rejected if a letter is wrong, a paper is missing, a stamp should be square and not round, and all kinds of things). you get a timeslot and are free to go off...and when you return ON TIME your place is still there. again, no one moves,because there might be rejections or other problems and people are in and out in a few minutes, either cursing or laughing.and if you are not there when it is your turn, you are out till the end of the day...
at the FMS the cccp is still alive and kicking hefty, they think they do us a BIG favor talking to us and giving us the stamps in the passport.

Hans.KK
09-09-2014, 18:36
Hi, I went to hand my forms in at the local FMS and there was a huge queue, those queuing said that the people start to arrive at 2 or 3 in the morning with no guarantee of being able to submit their application. Is this always the case?Yes, I had been the first in the queue a few times at 3 o'clock in the night when I just needed to be "first in line" when they open at 10, not that cool when it is -20 C, or maybe it was?
BTW, some times they (the FMS) had chosen not to use the order of the queue outside there door, but went on with there own list so to speak, you many ask if you feel pissed in that case (you have to queue next week too) and the answer must be "YES".

londonboy
22-09-2014, 18:54
Thanks for people answering my last qeuery. Now I thought I might relay some of my experience. I handed in the forms at the FMS. They had all been checked by an agent so I thought all would be well. However, the person at the FMS checks everything with a fine-tooth combe. They found that in the translation of my passport my place of birth(Carshalton) was translated as Каршалтон, and in the translation of my Criminal Record certificate it was translated as Каршoлтон. Also Sussex in one document, my wedding certificate, was translated as Сассекс, and in another as Сyссекс. Consequently, even though they could see the originals, they handed everything back. They explained they can't read it on the original documents because they can't read English, only Russian, which is why they need the translations. And according to the translations they're different places. So....before you hand everything in make sure you have checked, and double checked. And then check again.

Hans.KK
22-09-2014, 19:22
So....before you hand everything in make sure you have checked, and double checked. And then check again.We have all been there, it is so true "check, double checked. And then check again".

NikThaGreek
09-02-2015, 21:33
Hi all,

Many thanks for all the useful info here! Just wanted to clarify a few things.
I am a British citizen applying for a TRP in Russia.
1) Do I need to translate the whole of my passport (apologies if it's a silly question) or just the first page with the photograph?

2) I am single (i.e. not married to a Russian girl, not yet, anway :D - I have a multiple-entry business visa - would that be sufficient to apply for the TRP, or would I also need to get a private visa?

Many thanks everyone! :thumbsup:

Nik

RooRu
20-02-2015, 19:15
1. You only need to translate the information page of your passport where the photo is.

2. You can apply for TRP with any visa (I had a business visa when I applied). If you're not married to a Russian then you will need to apply through the quota. I'm married so I didn't need to do this step (people married to Russians are automatically eligible to apply). Essentially you are applying for the right to be able to apply. Each city, and also regions like Moscow region, has a quota for applications. There is information on how to do it elsewhere on expat.ru

FatAndy
20-02-2015, 20:48
people married to Russians are automatically eligible to apply
:12115::applause:
Yes. Have an easier way. Insha alla.:11088:

Alcibiades
28-06-2015, 15:29
I apologize if I'm posting this in the wrong place. I have a really dumb question.

I know that for the vid na zh. documents (health certificate, language test certificate) are active for 3 months (?). My question is -- does that apply to any notarized translations of your passport that you may need, so that I need a new one if my translation was stamped a year ago? My instinct is "no," but it's best to make sure.

Thanks!!!:7534:

pudding
29-06-2015, 23:07
Hi Alcibiades,
my instinct also says "no" - the translation done 2 years ago should be as good as one done in 2015.
During our visit to VAO FMS I read that they require that the translation is notarized by a Moscow notary. This is obviously a peculiar requirement of that particular FMS as there is no such requirement in the official list of documents.
Our translation was certified by a Moscow notary.

tgma
30-06-2015, 09:25
I apologize if I'm posting this in the wrong place. I have a really dumb question.

I know that for the vid na zh. documents (health certificate, language test certificate) are active for 3 months (?). My question is -- does that apply to any notarized translations of your passport that you may need, so that I need a new one if my translation was stamped a year ago? My instinct is "no," but it's best to make sure.

Thanks!!!:7534:

The health certificate is for 3 months, which makes sense. The language certificate, according to what I was told, is good for 5 years!

Istvan
03-07-2015, 09:47
Dear Group,

I've been here in Russia, and married to a Russian citizen, for over a year.

I'm still trying to get a temporary residence permit. I've read BeachBum's guide, and think I understand it, but I do have a question: how does one get a criminal history report from the US, have it set with apostille, and get it to the uFMS within the three month window?

My initial attempt has failed.

Thanks!

Barontobasco
13-10-2015, 15:13
Dear Group,

I've been here in Russia, and married to a Russian citizen, for over a year.

I'm still trying to get a temporary residence permit. I've read BeachBum's guide, and think I understand it, but I do have a question: how does one get a criminal history report from the US, have it set with apostille, and get it to the uFMS within the three month window?

My initial attempt has failed.

Thanks!

I'm looking into this myself. It seems like a huge pain in the ass. As I understand it, you can pay a boatload of money to an FBI channeling company to expedite it. So they do the background check, mail it somewhere in the US and then you or someone you know in the US needs to mail it to another company which will apostille it. Again, paying out the butt in order to expedite everything. They could then ship it to you via express mail to Russia...Like $300-400 bucks it looks like.

I'm looking at another option which is to receive a notarized copy of the background check in digital format (from one of those FBI channelers, cost is about $55), which you can then email to a company who will apostille it and then mail it to a US address or express it to you in Russia. That route seems the cheapest and fastest. Like $100-150 all together.

I'm also looking at possibly going to a major city like NYC or D.C. and doing it all in person more quickly...though we'll see. I'll let you know what these companies write me.

xt-tsi
16-11-2015, 18:59
I did the second route. I used one of the FBI channelers and sent it to a US forwarding address. Took me two or three weeks and cost in the $100-150 range and it was accepted by the UFMW.

As a backup I submitted a second application without the channeler as a backup. Took six months to get an answer.

nicklcool
18-11-2015, 13:00
Were you all successful in having FMS accept your FBI police cert? I used a channeler as well while I myself was still stateside, but my FMS (UAO) doesn't like the line in the FBI doc that says "this does not preclude records at the state or local level." Of course, they also don't like that the header showing the FBI's address is for West Virginia-they want it to be for the whole USA. Of course I cannot go to every single one of the fifty states and then even every one of the 2500 or so municipalities for a police cert! So, have any of you Americans successfully received your TRP? What did you use for your police cert? I am at a loss- is the FMS trying to reduce its immigration numbers by nitpicking about this document?? I've got another post on this in the other TRP thread. Thanks.

Uncle Wally
18-11-2015, 13:37
Why does it have to be FBI? I went to my local police station.

That was a long time ago.

nicklcool
18-11-2015, 23:06
I did the second route. I used one of the FBI channelers and sent it to a US forwarding address. Took me two or three weeks and cost in the $100-150 range and it was accepted by the UFMW.

As a backup I submitted a second application without the channeler as a backup. Took six months to get an answer.

Hi xt tsi, did your FBI cert have the sentence "this does not preclude offenses at the state or local level"? Did it have the FBI's West Virginia address at the top, in the header?

I think I have the same version of the FBI cert as you, I got mine stateside through a channeler in August, but my FMS (UAO) is giving me headaches about it.

Can you PM me your phone number? I'd love to hear how the turning in documents part went for you, especially about the FBI police cert. Thanks.

matryoshka
26-05-2016, 11:35
I'd love to hear how the turning in documents part went for you, especially about the FBI police cert. Thanks.

xt-tsi & nicklcool - So ultimately, did FMS accept your report/cert (from the channeler service)?

markmarkov
20-06-2016, 01:18
On the same topic that has been discussed here in the last few posts, could anyone who has actually done this please post:
How can a U.S. citizen get a criminal records check for the TRP considering he has no ties to the U.S. for over 12 years and has nobody in the U.S. or a U.S. address he can use for this? Thank you!

Robin
12-08-2016, 22:02
do I have to live in Russia for a minimum specific time before applying for a temporary residence permit ?

xp@
13-08-2016, 00:18
do I have to live in Russia for a minimum specific time before applying for a temporary residence permit ?

No.

Uncle Wally
13-08-2016, 23:30
No.

I thought it was one year but that was a long time ago.

nwiguy
15-08-2016, 09:42
I hit the ground running and started the process after two days in Russia.

Robin
18-08-2016, 03:46
I hit the ground running and started the process after two days in Russia.

have you applied for it yet ?

Max1982
11-10-2019, 09:29
what I have learned from online proverka: some visas are ready and dont show up in the basa (many examples here in the forum), other are not ready yet and shows up in the basa as ready (which was my case)

DiscoverLearn
13-10-2019, 09:12
what I have learned from online proverka: some visas are ready and dont show up in the basa (many examples here in the forum), other are not ready yet and shows up in the basa as ready (which was my case)

Congratulations!! Did the approval took longer than usual?