PDA

View Full Version : ZAGS vs Fiance visa?

Mayakovskaya
08-07-2009, 15:03
Me: American
Her: Russian

I read somewhere...getting married in Russia actually makes obtaining an American Fiance visa MORE difficult.

Can this be true???

kapione
08-07-2009, 16:21
1000% true get the fiance Visa 1st , it is easier ,quicker

Remington
08-07-2009, 17:10
Not difficult but getting K-3 visa can take up to 2 years and K-1 visa could be done in 6 months. If your fiancee currently have B1/B2 visa then it shouldn't be a problem until she gets the "green card" in about 2 years. I would go for K-3 if missus and you are planning to stay in Russia longer than 2 years or get K-1 visa so she stay in US for 3 to 6 months until she gets the "green card". It all depends whether you remain in Russia long term or not.

Mayakovskaya
09-07-2009, 00:51
Today, after 2 hours of standing in line at ZAGS...on the street, of course...a woman came out said come back tomorrow, we're closed!

I'm hoping to be in Russia longer than 2 years...plus I don't see the hurry to get married here (mostly her idea). However, should I be forced to return to America, I see the fiance visa as the logical and most efficient choice.

Thanks for the advise...

An ounce of prevention is worth more a pound of cure...perhaps, in this case, worth more than a few kilos!