PDA

View Full Version : Connections in Rostov-na-danu

mjts
04-07-2009, 20:47
Hi

We will be spending 4 months in Rostov-na-danu beginning in September - our first long-term stay in Russia, and the first visit to Rostov. (looking forward to it!). We are hoping to establish some acquaintances before our arrival in order to ease some logistics: housing, services, travel procedures, etc. Any locals from Rostov-na-danu who won't be too bothered by questions, etc? (are there wi-fi hotspots in town? how does one purchase a good red wine? most importantly - is there a McDonalds near the Southern Federal University?) Much obliged.

Mary and John

Angelina Nik
19-07-2009, 22:25
Hi. I am originally from Rostov and travel back there ocassionally. There are many nice places to eat in. One of them - Rafinad cafe on Pushkinskaya street has free wi-fi. There are a few McDonald's over there. There are many nice liquor store there as well. Ask more. I'll try to help if I can. Just consider that I moved out of Rostov in 1993 :o)

Mr.Twister
12-08-2009, 16:44
Odessa mama, Rostov papa

FatAndy
12-08-2009, 17:08
2 Mr.Twister:
You've forgot else - Barnaul - rodnoy brat. ;)

leelee
12-08-2009, 17:48
there are 4 macdonalds 5 if you include the one in the out of town shopping mall.
2 drive in, out in the suburbs--- 2 normal in the centre

1 is about 100 metres from the uni

hundreds of places to buy quality wine

wi fi there are a few so i have been told

Lee

FatAndy
12-08-2009, 19:44
2 leelee:
4 macdonalds 5 if you include the one in the out of town shopping mall - are they crowded? ;)

leelee
12-08-2009, 22:58
I tend only to use the drive in ones if I am starving. but on the occasions I have been inside ---yes the ones in the centre are always packed

lee

stevo51
10-04-2010, 16:35
Just reading on here people spent time in rostov and survived ,? i must have missed the boat somewhere .
Iam Australian ex army man lived in russia 3 years and 5 months from last 10 years 5 months of it in Rostov let me tell you thats - the most decietfull dangerous gangster infested dump ive ever lived in, ''everything was scam '' money attached to everything , i was poisoned left to die on the black sea ! robbed for $1000's !

Hey iam pretty savy to russia lived st peters 19 months never ever had 1 day problems! but rostov my god talk about hey find the honest person after 3 ,months i was seriosly looking for someplace to buy a gun !

Let me tell you - thats one bad basterd of a place - ever go to rostov again ? hey id rather face 4 of bin ladens badest bastards sporting guns and me with a pitchfork - than entertain that rostov again, i think i would have more chance of survival !

I dont drink smoke or go to seedy dumps -- my god wasn't i harrassed to death there , no graces no courtesy just take take take and i near died for the privalidge !

careful guys be very careful rostov on don - two types men go to rostov / the brave and the stupid !!

stevo51

FatAndy
10-04-2010, 16:43
My condolences. I've been to Rostov several times, from Moscow and Krasnodar, in contrary never had any problems. But I'm local. And I have relatives (far ones) and friends/colleagues in Rostov. I'm not so brave, so very probably stupid one. :D

i was poisoned left to die on the black sea - let me guess - you started to drink with people met occassionally?

tvadim133
10-04-2010, 16:57
I have been to Rostov-on-Don several times with business purpose and I can not say that the city is dangerous...

Yes, once we were at one night club and from moscow point of view it was very strange or let's say specific, but nice.

I was there 2 times with foreign bosses (from Austria and Germany), had a 2 hours river cruise (with locals) but everybody was nice (te service was bad).

We have been to another side of the river (full of recreation areas) and it was great even there.

My bosses (germans) did not expect smth good from the city, they were thinking that after WW2 in regions people dislike germans (rostov was occupied).

They say, that there are many criminals there from Cuacasus area, but even when we were at one of the open market (it was specific), people were very hospitable and kind.

Yes, and the taxi drivers were very suspecious even to me, being a russian.

I am sorry, you had a problem, but perhaps, it is not because of the city, but may be because your "fate". :)

Beside I would agree, that from the point of view of tourism Rostov-n-Don is not a good place (nothing to be seen).

stevo51
10-04-2010, 17:16
No mate i was actualy poisoned by my girl left to die - id be dead if not for a clued up yank seen what was going on ! iam not a drinker AT ALL poison was barbituate rubbed on my skin i passed out almost at once. doctors told me in Rostov quiet common tarts love to kill the odd guy for a dollar - just all matter of fact, he spoke all quiet normal -- iam thinking my god ! this joint as back past the stone age in ethics, it don't have none lol ! my god -they put it in the newspaper too !

I love russia iam a rich dood i try help folks but for that sorry there is no deceit allowed in life to me - thats the trade off --you want a hand ! fine iam happy to do it - but we'l do it the fair way ! ( I DONT HAVE TO BE THERE HUH IN POVERTYVILLE RUSSIA ) i stayed in hotel there i dont speak russian but by god i can understand 75% of it were they ever setting me up thinking i could not make out a word !

I seen gun play 2 times - TO ME HEY SORRY iam born honest every basterd around can wear than same shirt too - thems the rules !!

I will be back to Rostov 29th hmm prepared this time though i got a lottu getting square to do this time iam taking Russian born guy living in aussie with me ! ( he's one bad bastard ) too much scam there guys! all folks do is talk about it and do nothing ?? - answers simple ! go sort the bastards out !
So thats exactly what iam off to do - who cares you gottu die of somthing ! may as well be for your principles huh !!

The sooner they clean russia up the better - hey iam watching my watch i surgest they start on rostov before we arrive, or we gunnu make the OK Corral look like a nuns picnic ! there WILL be blood spilt ! of that i garrantee !
stevo51

tvadim133
10-04-2010, 17:28
Shit happens.

Poisend by you GF in the hotel room?

stevo51
10-04-2010, 17:35
Strange though andy from 1999 to 2006 i travelled lived many places in russia i love it i never had 1 problem but iam Australian i will do as i please i live and act 100% as Australian - they did not seem to like this i dont know why? because i lived Azov Kazan , st peters horrible moscow 13 weeks in 2005 and that was 12 weeks too long but still nobody made me a problem .
But that rostov my god i got tangled some people Baumana street you know it drug deceit robbery my god why cant they just go to work and come home honest like every body else ? everything got scam and deceit tied into it money ive grown to hate it.

Iam Aussie if i choose to live other country then we do it my way because if iam in other country iam only there because i know i can do some good help folks i dont need to work ever in life ,!

Aussie does as Aussie please - we dont have a master ( and the mayor can come kiss my arss lol ) i dont want or need work permits / handouts i need nothing i got plenty - iam 52 years if i live to age 110 i could spend $250 a day each day of life iam not going to run out of money !

So if people have a brain ''if you have a person as that he's a walking charity trying to help others '' you dont try rob and kill it do you ? - where is the brains you kill golden goose its gone forever huh = idiots huh !

Deceit scam not allowed near me if i live russia - LETS SEE THIS TIME COMING when i arrive if the militzia turns up plate load of sorry letters from last time huh -- they better behave themselves this time mate - thats for sure !
There on their last chance with this boy !

stevo51

stevo51
10-04-2010, 17:53
No mate we went on bus holiday on black sea - i was poised there by her no reason that was 30 months back IAM still trying to find out why ? i was robbed for money by herself and my c/ cards

But id known her like 13 months aint that queer ? many times i'd carried 10 times more $ than i had whence robbed by her on black sea ? but she never put a foot wrong before that ? who do you trust in russia !!
REVERSE MENTALITY we western chaps i true believe should open a school in each city there behavioral school western ways ! ''how to do the right thing huh '' be a huge success !! we'd be booked out for years !!

Id sponsor a school free huh iam a believer in learning !

The tarts cry help us want lovely man ? yeah snakes eat spiders too! you know - crap to that mate i know 7 Aussies live moscow every bloody day they tell me its a battle not get robbed or scammed ? yu'd think the russians would learn ay its 2010 not 1961 ! no cold war - stalins dead i mean shit get with it huh - no wonder nobody wants to know em ? born in scam mode ~!

you try help em your treated with contempt ??? where do you go from there ??

yanky guy helped me was staying dumpy 1/2 star hotel we were in on black sea about 4 hours by bus from Rostov .
He was having similar troubles with some tart - iam lucky ive kept contact with him since the event - in the end he was robbed and beaten, just out of rostov road to krashnadour i dont know all details but he ended up in terrible mess, he got set up in a hotel 3 russian guys invited him day out in car go for drive, basterds they beat him up and robbed him lovely folks huh ! welcome TO RUSSIA PRIVET you know lol !

Nice place Rostov and surrounds lol nice place if you finished living !

stevo 51

ReallyGreatConcerts
10-04-2010, 18:05
Best place to go out for a meal in Rostov is in the area on the south bank of the river (ie across the river from the main centre of town). It's an area of cafes, restaurants and bars, mostly flourishing in the summer months, with lots of outdoor eating options. There's a replica old galleon called "Stary Prichal" which is worth visiting (a restaurant).

Although much red wine produced in Russia is really substandard, wines from the Krasnodar region can be really excellent. Look for bottles from the "Cuvee Vostok" winery - they're produced to international standards and are exceptionally good. They aren't, however, appreciably lower-priced than imported French or Italian wines. They are not much exported to the Moscow region though - and are mostly found on sale around their area of production, in better hotels and restaurants.

tvadim133
10-04-2010, 18:12
Russian mentality,,,,to open a special western school to change it?

Bloody battles in Moscow not be robbed or scammed?

:) :) :)

yakspeare
10-04-2010, 18:47
got to say , as an Aussie, Steve doesnt sound at all like one...and the Gi-joe 52 year old did time in the army stuff is very strange indeed.....he might be an aussie( Hell Bels is a Pom) but his language and his style(words, bravado etc) doesn't match a 52 year old ex army "rich" man at all- certainly not a sane one!

stevo51
11-04-2010, 08:03
Hey sorry to say mate its stevo here yes ex gi joe chap ,but from 1978/ 81 era long ago - not thats thats anybodies business but mine !

Bravado '' what bravado ? Aussies my generation dont have a boss 47/ 54 age group no way known 90% dead straight and honest - and yes not short of a $ but over where you are the man with the $ is king, and it aint none if them!

I'm a country area born Aussie yup early 50's yes sorry to offend, but we all talk the same - come for a visit you soon find out ! yes the old Ivans land does need a clean up !

Sane im Very sane! but spend a few years in amongst that reverse calculator ( the world owe's us all a living mentality around you ) you soon figure you are very sane, and they are not !

stevo51

stevo51
11-04-2010, 08:09
Best place for a meal in rosotov is no place at all - lol get sized up stared at ! there be somebody milling around seeing they can work out a way to rob you lol !
thats for sure
stevo51

yakspeare
11-04-2010, 08:28
I'm a country area born Aussie yup early 50's yes sorry to offend, but we all talk the same - come for a visit you soon find out ! yes the old Ivans land does need a clean up

Mate, I am a country born Aussie and did my last stint in north queensland for 7 years (though originally victorian because i was a Navy brat). So I am dinky di.

scottdavidshute
11-04-2010, 08:35
Just reading on here people spent time in rostov and survived ,? i must have missed the boat somewhere .
Iam Australian ex army man lived in russia 3 years and 5 months from last 10 years 5 months of it in Rostov let me tell you thats - the most decietfull dangerous gangster infested dump ive ever lived in, ''everything was scam '' money attached to everything , i was poisoned left to die on the black sea ! robbed for $1000's !

Hey iam pretty savy to russia lived st peters 19 months never ever had 1 day problems! but rostov my god talk about hey find the honest person after 3 ,months i was seriosly looking for someplace to buy a gun !

Let me tell you - thats one bad basterd of a place - ever go to rostov again ? hey id rather face 4 of bin ladens badest bastards sporting guns and me with a pitchfork - than entertain that rostov again, i think i would have more chance of survival !

I dont drink smoke or go to seedy dumps -- my god wasn't i harrassed to death there , no graces no courtesy just take take take and i near died for the privalidge !

careful guys be very careful rostov on don - two types men go to rostov / the brave and the stupid !!

stevo51
Read it...good intel. worst place i hit was vladavostok. guess i forgot tiblisi when heading to chechnea when garogne was getting hit by 3,500 heavy rounds a day packing a serated knife was a good decision. anyone going to these places should always carry a few cia letter openers. they are plastic so hard you can pound through oak and sharpen to a cutting edge. scanners can't see them. good for apples as well...

scottdavidshute
11-04-2010, 08:46
I'm a country area born Aussie yup early 50's yes sorry to offend, but we all talk the same - come for a visit you soon find out ! yes the old Ivans land does need a clean up

Mate, I am a country born Aussie and did my last stint in north queensland for 7 years (though originally victorian because i was a Navy brat). So I am dinky di.
where are you in australia

scottdavidshute
11-04-2010, 08:47
Russian mentality,,,,to open a special western school to change it?

Bloody battles in Moscow not be robbed or scammed?

:) :) :)
where were you in moscow. love the place. sure they might kill you but hey try LA, ha!

scottdavidshute
11-04-2010, 08:48
Best place for a meal in rosotov is no place at all - lol get sized up stared at ! there be somebody milling around seeing they can work out a way to rob you lol !
thats for sure
stevo51
rostov is not on my hot list after this forum, ha!

scottdavidshute
11-04-2010, 08:49
got to say , as an Aussie, Steve doesnt sound at all like one...and the Gi-joe 52 year old did time in the army stuff is very strange indeed.....he might be an aussie( Hell Bels is a Pom) but his language and his style(words, bravado etc) doesn't match a 52 year old ex army "rich" man at all- certainly not a sane one!
love the intel.....charge amigo. what branch were, are you.?

yakspeare
11-04-2010, 09:12
born in Hastings, Mornington peninsula....4 years there,2 in canberra, 15 in Queensland(half north queensland/half brisvegas), rest of the time as a westie in sydney. Plus lived 2 years in England.

branch? If you mean it correctly i was a spook( Electronic warfare Linguist) got bored with it and became a dibbie (Bosun's mate) then switched to firefighter before they ditched us as a class...went back to dibbie for a patrol boat stint then got out.

I live in Volgograd now, near Rostov and can tell you Rostov is a great city and quite green....though their russian accent is more like ukrainian.....i got drink spiked once in russia( in yoshkar ola in 2005) but it has occurred to me more in australia....in yoshkar ola i was being an absolutely idiot hanging around with people i shouldnt....here if i want i can get drunk as a skunk if i want9these days though i rarely drink but still...) and have no problems, same when i was in uzbekistan....worst that can happen drunk is taking home a women with your beer goggles on and be horrified the next day..

Russia is no more dangerous than the west in the big cities....what you don't do in New York or Sydney or London you don't do here...

stevo51
11-04-2010, 09:16
At least you mate know what i'm on about yes - gets downright dangerous that bottom end of Russia - gets nastier as you head over towards Lugansk , i got into Georgia 2005/ 2006 that was interesting !
Another place to give you bad nerves lol - Armenia same huh !

I think most the westies over there mate must live in a cocoon, although i will say my 3 months stint in Moscow long ago i don't know i could not quiet work it out - i seen a couple yanks hiring gaurds - ex soldiers of ex kgb take em shopping 4 suburbs away i looked i thought how rediculous paying somebody to hold your hand lol

I travelled 1 end of Moscow to the other criss crossed it back and forwards metros etc 13 weeks not a single basterd ever made me a moments grief !

But i mean its over rated 1000% - smoke and mirrors - they watch too much tv they think they can live same as in sydney live in double bay but your wage don't match the dole??? - simple maths it don't work huh !

Getting into the bowels of Moscow the places the ''tourists and the westies'' not supposed to be able to see ! well ive never seen such poverty in all my life - its unreal !

Mentality huh they'd scratch out a cheque to do up the palaces for 2 million bux but people live in the park some starve die/ i mean hey its no good having the pritiest palace in the land, if there is no basterd left with the capabilities of paying the 300 Rubles to get into it, because no money / no job again simple maths !

They blow all bux on the shity military what for ? / hey wars over ! gerries lost i mean ''hello '' spend it on the people because without them you have a big percentage of nothing -----------thats a fact, its people number 1 all the rest don't matter a shit !

But i was just trying wise em up to that bottom end of Russia Yoshkar -ola downwards . Krashnadour / Rostov / Taganrog is ok its amazing thats where i have my old place - the radical change in attitudes from say Rostov across to Taganrog 73'ks totally different breed of folks - got me beat? 73'ks can take you into a bit safer world .

You try to like the place but sadly they seem to work against you ? its like him western / him have money / lets have a town meeting try work out how we can take it / its really queer its like ''if you have a $ or wanting to help out with a quid '' its like your not supposed to have it? in their view huh !
YOU ARE THE ENEMY ??? QUEER RACE !

Do you find that ?

I know 1 Aussie lives in Tula 195 odd ks out of Moscow he is a consultant mining crowd in kazac - sometimes away 2/4 weeks a time - he's lived Moscow 11 years he said to me - i'm nice bloke but even after 11 years still times they try rip you off ! he said by god its a hard place to love!!

However he did say look they a bloody ungratefull bunch - because if you took everything western cars/ people / $ / items maccas / subway / food joints all out of Russia ! he said the whole joint would be back to - 1961 tatras and wooden wagons full of cabages in 2 weeks, all go backwards 55 years real quick lol.

His overall view is ok scam / ungratefull / he said they don't apprieciate nothing but hes only one bloke He's entitled to his opinion !
He said upon his arrival back to Aussie after June this year ! he going to write a book on Russia ( his time there ) call it DECEIT lol. i think he will too !

stevo51

stevo51
11-04-2010, 09:31
Yes i'm in Aussie now i arrive back Russia end of may ( 29th be exact ) make sure my home still in 1 piece and the local Mafia has not obsconded with it - or filled it up with druggies or prostitutes lol !

Although local mafia little bit of the ''milk bar cowboy'' about them'' in my city '' yell out 'shoo '' they run away you know ! but i often wonder if indeed the real mafia would be silly enough to tackle an Aussie ?- ive not yet heard of one getting a hassle or a pasting there - not in my times anyway !

I must go back each few months check up on it i normally stay 80/ 90 days a time - i dont have work there these days iam 80% retired i just work so a bloke don't go crazy!
I cant stand it here mate Australia full of do wells pollie correct crap i hate it - i like russia - buy your way out of anything - i like a place ''anything can be bought '' lol

I also like to do a tad of ''arthur daly style '' wheeling dealing in Antiques etc - anything thats got a tad of risk attached i love it --long as a bloke don't get hurt - i'd be most pissed off !

And of course there is the crumpet ? and thats number 1 i mean if it was not a cheap joint to live and there was no crumpet there !! well i dunno if i could see any point being there ? lol - after yu seen all museums done all the tours what do you do then ??

I love it those respects i love tormenting the Militia too all in good fun though, but they don't seem to like being called ''fur balls'' lol

stevo51

stevo51
11-04-2010, 09:47
I was 3RD Battalion RAR INGLEBURN ! lance corporal june 1978 / june 1981 stationed ingleburn = grunt etc ! lol thrown into it all family army boar war to vietnam my dad korea 1st battalion 1951/ 54 army 7 years -
Finished 1957 he was training nashos for Malaya emergency in 54 he was Black watch honour gaurd Queens visit he was sergent of the watch white belts black tunics twirl the rifles for the Queens visit - actually died 2004 i found him on old Movietone Newsreels ,

Sword and rifles etc all army family mine 11 soldiers boar war to 1981 i was the last other 10 all dead - so excuse we may have got off to rough start but i was raised in Redfern, but soldiers family i had honesty beaten into me mate when i see all this scam crap bestowed upon a bloke in a joint like russia well sorry but frustrating - you're waiting for somebody to do something about it and nobody does!

Where is vlad to carry your bags ( putin ) velcome Aussie da da da ! get the silverwear out you know -------quick! - none of that huh ! - its a bit rude !

In RUSSIA i always wear my old purry ( slouch hat ) **** sake they even tried steal that at one time ---something seriously amiss mentality there mate .
Next time over ive drafted off a copy henry lawsons ''the basterd from the bush '' recite that a few times to the locals maybe they get the message its bloody hard turn em into aussie way of ethics ay -( by god ive spent a quid trying its very hard )

Still dad always said to me - you can't put brains in monuments ! the pidgons shit on em lol

catch up with you

stevo51

yakspeare
11-04-2010, 10:28
yeah i like wearing my Akubra knowing it's the only one in the city...and all the girls eye it and off and i wish i had a hundred of them to hand out.

these days 3RAR hang out at Holsworthy-tough crew and a bit insane to jump out of planes.

stevo51
11-04-2010, 11:11
You in volgograd ive been there 1 time 1 tart i was living with took me there drove my own car near wrecked it i told her you could not drive a cow to water !
( tarts get greedy to me, even tell me 1 lie, they out the gate bags sailing after em ay )
Russia is ok i'm sort of bloke i have to do my own thing i got a fuse about 1/2 inch long, i don't like all the visa shit registrations bullshit ive gottu make registration live in my own place there ! - thats crap ! i know 6./7 in Rostov and about 6/7 more in my own town Taganrog - but all russian some are ok but Rostov i truly was near killed.

Everybody i met Rostov - tried on the scam 6/ from 6 ! but 1 good guy he was armenian - i mix with soldiers they have the Academy there i know 3 armenian soldiers took me out for a weekend THEY pinched a jeep iam ****ed if i know where we were,

But we were like about 60k out of rostov heading north pulled up had a feed they conned me into drinking .
I dont drink because it turns me into a monster but i weakened ok whacko got pissed on the vodka well these army kids / kids 21/ 23 had thier rifles here we are shooting at things cans bottles such!

Here mister steve have a shot ohh **** after 5 hours all pissed rifles spent cartridges all through empty grog bottles rolling all through it the girls pissed too . the jeep we waddled back into rostov all pissed as crickets !

Their commander gone beserk cause they pinched the jeep guns etc lol we just taking mister steve and our girls out for good time they said !-- tarts too had 3 tarts in the jeep ohh **** well commander wanted $$ for all the crap - of course i was the only basterd with 10,000 Rubles in pocket.

Gave that to commander he WAS gunnu do buggery to the youngin's that took me out if i didnt give him money !! - he gave one of the tarts a slapping , ive fired up i said il stick the gun up your arss in a minute - he's come the gangster on me ! they are basterds to women! dont i fire up i see a bloke hit a woman ive dished out a few pastings there!

fuggin hate that all this disrespect crap ! beatings etc ! most men are pigs that ive met over the years -odd good one but you know its hard to find.

i wont walk past in the street a man and women see a women get hurt thats wrong - we would not do it in aussie ay !

I thought **** sake whats wrong with you people ! don't you ever have fun ? WERE THEY KIDS ONCE THEMSELVES OR NOT ?? they all roaming streets arm in arm tarts all feeling sorry for emselves, it depresses me Shakspear !!

I have in my flat correct stock whip - last time over i though this be good take the whip the purry hat go down the park show the tarts sitting round with the kids what a stock whip cracks like - i got 5 cracks in then militia turns up - what are doing he said - i said what does it ****ing look like iam doing - iam knitting a jumper = idiot !

I said this whip ok da da ! I SAID listen put cigarette in mouth ok stand away 10 feet ok 3 metres il snap it out of your gob - he says maybe you miss i said well then yu got no nose - lol they got no sence of humour ?

That was the end of that basterds hassled put the whip away i went home storm clouds over my head pack of straight basterds i thought - tarts loved it ! but militia are pricks, straighter than FRED NILE AT A GAY RALLY !

Home i go and my flat its all Aussie i thought i give em a blast hit the stereo with good Aussie johhny okeefe shes my baby - ive got very powerfull stereo its almost public address system.

That lasted about 25 minutes rat tat tat at the door Militia ! i said fer **** sake whats yu problem now ?? ohh music very bad loudly - ! i said OK HOW MUCH i shoved like 2000 rubles in both their hands they smiled and went away i thought **** your paying to breath

it was all big serious ohh very bad boy steve loud music but like 2000 rbl each it was all ok have a good day he said ? we dont care now = everything scam you know ! but i do as i would in Aussie thats the way it is sorry - iam not ****ing gunnu change for any basterd ( the old saying mate they dont pay my way in life i owe no basterd nothing ) up em for the rent - how ****ing rude ay !

Neighbours are ok but you just daily encounter like another hassle iam ****ed if i know why?? tarts ok in Taganrog i got access more tarts that a cake shop but my city 90% got no idea english! they think the worlds flat education standard - barney ruble has better you know ! he drives a stone car lol lol lol

Nothing at all in way of $ Taganrog - its a town time forgot this suits me but they gottu leave me alone do my own thing then il be ok.
Taganrog very poor city well i know the joint back the front - no quids there mate, she povertyville suits me i dont mind helping out a bit i got no basterd to leave it too -------all i ask hey dont wrought santa and santa will stay - you wrought it - it goes away---- simple huh !

Girls mate over years i learnt a few special rules the expensive way
(1 you do not have a bird if it even knows russian bloke they'l team up scam you and i'd like $10 each time ive seen that happen in Russia.

I check em right out no tart ( i dont care how pretty ) not allowed in my flat she even knows another bloke - that a rule i wont BEND no way known !
I'm not a socialiser i hate clubs / drugs anywhere that breeds deceit you wont find me in those establishments i'm a house mouse / writer etc ! i wont be with a person that goes to such places !

I know all the lines mums sick grannies up for an opp thank god i met you cause i need 30k rubles - yeah bullshit i know ALL THE CUSTOMS MATE ALL THE TRICKS & TRAPS TOO !! one thing not in near 3 years has a tart in russia got two bob outu me by deceit - only unless i decided to give it.

Again all the Ace cards in our pockets in that respect without us -----------they too got a big percentage of nothing iam very fair but iam strict ! you have to be or they'd take yu shirt specialy in Rostov.

christ they stand look em selves mirror for two hours vain as buggery me so pretty - i used to say dear ( ''pretty in russia its as common as russian pie- ) pretty arss good front end it dont pay the rent my love, and really i know its not your fault !

But hey you dont have much to offer me ! so dont ever scam yu meal ticket darling because hey looking out window my flat i said pointed see those what 25 odd at bus stop ? she said da ! i said well 18 girls if you play up i just go get another ok !

They soon learn whom butters the bread, i think worlds very broke now i think the nose in air ''iam so pretty '' in russia its really coming back down to earth a bit !pretty dont pay the rent ay - and in the bottom of russia all the rich ''mug '' western men well - if you can find any ! they could all have a meeting in a phone box ay lol, its fact !

IAM NOW 52 SHAKSPEAR but i tell you what no bird gets into my flat over 33 and if she not pretty enough to stop a train ay no old boilers for this duck, you may as well go out with a bang! with a pretty, as opposed to a boiler huh !
I cant stand old rough looking woman yuk yuk yuk enough to drive you to drink !

Shakspeare i must find a way around all this short long stay visa crap because i tell you what all hassles into account id much rather be their ( russia than here ) no iam sorry but IAM NOT going to sit there fill in 27 forms beg to them **** that i owe em nothing huh ive done my contributions.

I have to find a way stay forever nup sorry not marrying again thats got whiskers on it no way known i dont need to work my previous work and family died off i was left big 6 figures, i got plenty so i want nothing from them except be left in peace to do my own thing there - i find thats A very hard thing to do .

I will be getting into the wheeling dealing too - i like a bit of sneaky work hmm one my mates was a spook last name Janes in the 70's 80's.

stevo51

tvadim133
11-04-2010, 13:11
where were you in moscow. love the place. sure they might kill you but hey try LA, ha!

That's why I was surprised at the words of his that in Moscow his friend have bloody battles not to be robbed and scammed.

I would say that they guy has VERY specific ways of thinking.

I live here (in Moscow) for ages and travel inside Russia a lot, and Rostov, for example, is not so bad as the guy described it.

So it seems to me that he has smth wrong with his ...., no matter what.

stevo51
11-04-2010, 13:46
Rostov i try give a bit of credit maybe it not all bad but it should not be anything bad ok - you have to remember without mister westerner and his $$ input then Russian got f*ck all mate da !

So to get western invest tourist etc etc you make all correct for mister westerner you make sure - scam never comes to his person ok thats number 1
Hey beggars can't be choosers mate? for advancement business $$ and power mr westerner has all this! he's the ''Rolls Royce you know '' anybody things in your country you can get anywhwere without him ? that person has both hands on his d**k huh ! they dream mate.

Moscow overpriced dump the western person should never have to pay 1 kopek more for anything in Russia than the Russian ! this is ''honesty '' you know what that is honesty ??

stevo 51

mjts
12-04-2010, 00:13
steve
Rostov was home for 5 months and I found it delightful with people who were generous with their time, energy and friendship. Having also traveled the world, it is my experience that you find what you seek. Perhaps I would suggest better taste in women.

ReallyGreatConcerts
12-04-2010, 00:28
rostov is not on my hot list after this forum, ha!

I guess if you believe what's been written by a few drunken wankers, it wouldn't be.

stevo51
12-04-2010, 06:45
I agree what you say mate ''women not so much my problem '' i'm Australian if i go to another country to do whatever mostly business etc then i exp[ect all to be done the ways iam used to in Aussie , i take my culture with me 1000% in all ways .

Russian ways ok for Russians but i wont give you 2 cents for it - woman hm what do you say they dime a dozen Russia but there us the element of the beggar being the chooser - it dont work ! not with me !

If i'm in Another country doing business buying a place whatever you - then i'm doing it because i'm dead bored in Australia and iam looking for something to do - not because i need money i dont need money i got acres of it so i go help people !

However if an Aussie which i will say is a very special race and much loved ! is going to do that all the risks etc just to give a hand to people - then by god he is going to be looked after in a big way, by the place he visits !

If not then a great injustice is being done to him huh --because he does not have to be there !
Russia mate it needs a lot of help heaps of it clean it up corrupt everything A TO Z i wish i had 15 million bux because i tell you what i would spend every cent of it in Russia trying to do exactly that - convert the place to a but of morality / correct it yes by god i would id be on that plane now 15 million beauty !

There would be no taxi fast enough to get me to the airport - i would get fined for speeding on foot ha lol

stevo51

Anton Niki
27-03-2012, 03:05
Hello, everyone! Sorry for bringing this old thread up, but Steve's story made my evening tonight so I couldn't stand temptation to sign up and add my 50 cents to the discussion.

Steve, I hope you have survived your escapades in the south of Russia. If you ever decide to publish your story as an autobiography, I would be the first in line to buy it :-)

I'm a local Rostovite and have been living here since I was born 30 years ago. It's not the worst place in Russia, that's for sure. Local folks may be more straightforward or even rude than in the other parts of the country, but generally, nothing even close to what Steve described. I feel pretty safe here to drink half night in some strange bar in the center, then spontaneously decide to get some sausages at 2am and enjoy barbeque in the park for the rest of the night without a single accident – something I would not have imagined in the city of the same size in the US.

Let's get frank, Steve. Backed by all your inherited riches, you came here to have more freedom than you could've had in any of the Western countries with their stricter laws and procedures of law enforcement. Here if you have the money, you can neglect the law, have sex with underage girls; live the aussie way, the zulu way or possibly even a cannibal way. You can buy the court and militia. If money is not a problem. With all due respect, you came here to feel yourself a king in the povertyville, neglecting the cultural differences and enforcing your specific way of life. No wonder such an attitude could attract nothing but only sluts and bastards. Don't mention your riches, pretend you're a peace corps volunteer and I'm sure you would attract more adequate and honest people. Good luck! :-)

Judge
27-03-2012, 09:51
Nice bump Anton.
I wonder what's new in Steve's life?