PDA

View Full Version : how to get my icons back

Benedikt
04-07-2009, 19:18
loaded down some fancy screen that put my icons, prgramms, papkas and garbage bin all over the place. looked cool for a few days but then i wanted my old 'windows' look back. so i deleted the fancy page, thought the old set up will come back. only my screensaver appeared minus all the icons.:groan:
then i clicked on проводник and раьочий стол
I WORK WITH A RUSSIAN LANGUGE NOTEBOOK, WINDOWS 2007

And all the icons were there, but how to get them back?

OuterSpace
04-07-2009, 19:54
There is no windows 2007
If you meant Vista

Right click somewhere in desktop choose Personalize (i dont know russian equilavent but it is at the end of that list..)
and then choose Theme (second one from button ) and then choose Theme and you can choose Windows Vista or Windows Classic..

in XP

Right-click anywhere on the desktop and then select (left click) Properties from the menu that appears.
And then you choose Themes and then you can select Windows XP theme..

Benedikt
04-07-2009, 21:16
There is no windows 2007
If you meant Vista

Right click somewhere in desktop choose Personalize (i dont know russian equilavent but it is at the end of that list..)
and then choose Theme (second one from button ) and then choose Theme and you can choose Windows Vista or Windows Classic..

in XP

Right-click anywhere on the desktop and then select (left click) Properties from the menu that appears.
And then you choose Themes and then you can select Windows XP theme..

tx for the reply, it did not work that way, actually it was so simple, if it would have been in english i would have seen it myself. it said something like refresh and bring back the icons to the screen.. so that is what i did, and no more fancy screens for me.
but thanks anyway..

Swordfish90293
05-07-2009, 01:31
Hi B..love your posts...went to Dorogovminsky today...freshest of the fresh, but got taken on a pinapple.

You may try deleting the program trough Add/Delete Programs in Control Panel. Even though programs can be deleted in one pane, their remnants are scattered like feathers in the wind throughout your system...

Benedikt
05-07-2009, 11:26
ok first the pinapple:
feel it, if it is soft to the touch leave it, it is old and mushy inside.
check the leaves, they must be green and spiky, means the pinapple is frsh and handled not to much, that takes off the little spikes on the leaves.
ONLY go for something that has the name GOLD on it, does not matter where they come from, they are good and sweet. or of course it you want the baby pineapples, same story.

and now indeed the pesky programs:
i can not get rid of Incredible mail,Alwil software aand AVG...
i try through 'regedit' the stupid computer tells me that i 'have no right' on my flipping box.
there are also four 'hotkeys' and they all have 'software' delete on one, then on the next one, next time i check, it si still there...
and the programs that you can download to remove these pests are useless, you remove one, you got another one instead.
life is great....

Hi B..love your posts...went to Dorogovminsky today...freshest of the fresh, but got taken on a pinapple.

You may try deleting the program trough Add/Delete Programs in Control Panel. Even though programs can be deleted in one pane, their remnants are scattered like feathers in the wind throughout your system...