PDA

View Full Version : Event s Please

rmo6767
26-07-2003, 16:20
Hey how about an events section, like plays, concerts etc going on for the week or weekend, just a small one and members can contribute events they know. Some of us English speakers are sort of board with what the M. Times shows and also are not that great yet with Russian Lang.:D

Billie Bob
16-09-2007, 21:01
THIS IS AN OLD POST, IM REPLYING TO...

but the idea is correct!
should we consider improving the sight with such an "events" folder?
concerts, theatres, or just add this to another folder?

ezik
17-09-2007, 19:59
We actually have a very complete Arts Calendar on the main site. Maybe we should change the layout to make it more apparent, but I can already recommend you to check http://www.expat.ru/artscalendar.php. It contains A LOT of info!

Billie Bob
17-09-2007, 20:03
that sounds great...

Im just looking at ways to get the forum going.... get more activity here...

not everyone uses the front page of the forum, maybe Im wrong...

maybe somehow the art events culture can be advertised on the things to do in Moscow or such....

mind you, before the site crashed, the forum was somwhat shaped up and corrected... we had something like this before...

(I also hope you look thru my other posts about helping improve the site...)

ezik
17-09-2007, 21:17
that sounds great...

Im just looking at ways to get the forum going.... get more activity here...

not everyone uses the front page of the forum, maybe Im wrong...

maybe somehow the art events culture can be advertised on the things to do in Moscow or such....

mind you, before the site crashed, the forum was somwhat shaped up and corrected... we had something like this before...

(I also hope you look thru my other posts about helping improve the site...)

I do see the other posts and they are highly appreciated, BB.

The shaping-up was underway, but then we had some people leaving and building a similar site, and of course the crash. So, when we recovered, it was just a small core of people and later some newbies like me.

I think that indeed the events calendar should be more prominently featured. Now it takes 3 clicks to get there. It should be instant information. Linking events to the forum (for comments, reviews) would be completely fantastic.
'
We are working on some redesign (so not just forum changes, but overall improvements), so your input is very welcome! :)