PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Robson

half crazed visigoth
12-11-2004, 12:31
From Teamtalk.com, there is talk of Robson being in the running for the wolves job, although the favourite is Strachan....

Does anyone know what happened re Sir Bobby's move to Russia? or was it just hot ar as usual...

He would be top at Molineux, but surely it is beneath him? or is he up to a challenge???

Sidney Bliss
12-11-2004, 15:42
"Denis Law once kicked me at Wembley in front of the Queen in an international. I mean, no man is entitled to do that, really"

"We didn't underestimate them. They were a lot better than we thought"

"Look at those olive trees. They're two hundred years old - from before the time of Christ!"

"I played cricket for my local village. It was 40 overs per side, and the team that had the most runs won. It was that sort of football"

"They're two points behind us, so we're neck and neck"

"I'd say he's the best in Europe, if you put me on the fence"

"I would have given my right arm to be a pianist"

"Their football was exceptionally good - and they played some good football"

"Eighteen months ago they [Sweden] were arguably one of the best three teams in Europe, and that would include Germany, Holland, Russia and anybody else if you like"

"We're taking 22 players to Italy, sorry, to Spain... where are we, Jim?"
-On whether Paul Gascoigne should have gone to the 1998 World Cup in France.

"The first 90 minutes are the most important"

"In a year's time, he's a year older"

"Some of the goals were good, some of the goals were sceptical"

"Anything from 1-0 to 2-0 would be a nice result"

"Home advantage gives you an advantage"

"The margin is very marginal"

"Well, we got nine and you can't score more than that"

"If you're a painter, you don't get rich until you're dead. The same happens with managers. You're never appreciated until you're gone, and then people say: 'Oh, he was OK'. Just like Picasso"

"What can I say about Peter Shilton? Peter Shilton is Peter Shilton, and he has been Peter Shilton since the year dot"

"They can't be monks - we don't want them to be monks, we want them to be football players because a monk doesn't play football at this level"
- On Newcastle's disciplinary problems.

"If we invite any player up to the Quayside to see the girls and then up to our magnificent stadium, we will be able to persuade any player to sign"

"I'm not going to look beyond the semi-final - but I would love to lead Newcastle out at the final"

"There will be a game where somebody scores more than Brazil and that might be the game that they lose"

"For a player to ask for a transfer has opened everybody's eyebrows"

Shaun
12-11-2004, 16:09
excellent stuff!

we could certainly use strachan back at st mary's

everything has really collapsed since he left... a defeat tomorrow at portsmouth and that will be the end of *another* manager, the 11th in 8 years... jesus...

trebor
12-11-2004, 19:16
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sidney Bliss
[B]"Denis Law once kicked me at Wembley in front of the Queen in an international. I mean, no man is entitled to do that, really"

"We didn't underestimate them. They were a lot better than we thought"
etc,ect,etc!

Sydney
you are way too flipant and disrespectfull to a football legend.
Okay, Sir Bobby has seen better days, i agree but his achievements are as follows:

Ipswich: FA Cup, 1978; UEFA Cup, 1980-81
Runners-up Old First Div. 1980-81 & 81 & 82
PSV Eindhoven: Championship, 1990-91 & 1991-92
FC Porto: Championship, 1994-95 & 1995-96; Cup 1994
Barcelona: Championship, 1996-97; Cup 1997
Newcastle: Manager of the Month, February 2000; Manager of the Month, August 2000; Intertoto Cup Finalists 2001; Manager of the Month, December 2001; Manager of the Month, February 2002; Manager of the Month, January 2003; Manager of the Month, October 2003
Knighted in Queen’s Birthday Honours List, June 2002

Only a Wolves fan (if that's what you are) could trash a record like that!