PDA

View Full Version : fellow migraine sufferers

plastique
11-11-2004, 21:39
i get migraines.....lately i have been getting them a lot more frequently and severly

anyone who get them in the same boat or am i just paddling a canoe here???

Smurfette
11-11-2004, 21:43
Are you sleeping ok? I find I get them more frequently when the clocks change (no idea why) but also when I'm stressed and/or tired

polly
11-11-2004, 21:44
i get them from time to time, but thankfully much more infrequently than i used to.
mine never required prescription meds, tho i was prescribed something i never used it out of fear of probably nothing.
i have found that the "migrenol" pills sold here work as well as excedrin migraine as sold in the states and have pretty much the same concentration.
hope they leave you alone for a while. migraines are effing horrible.

plastique
11-11-2004, 23:00
i didn't know if there was something in the air that may be effecting others or if it was something more with just me....i know when the pressure drops both myself and my teacher get them...
the clocks changed long enough back for me to be over it....
probably just stess and i haven't been eating well....

veejay
12-11-2004, 00:29
I used to get them all the time, but now much less frequently -- only when exceptionally stressed, overly exhausted and when I've been indulging a bit too much and not eating properly...Normally, it only lasts for about a day...and lying very still, taking a few tabs and resting (altho not sleeping) seem to do the trick...

Hang in there, darlin'!

plastique
12-11-2004, 10:00
benn getting at least 3 a week for the past 4 weeks....
have found neurofin with codine lovely since running out of my script....

M-C
13-11-2004, 14:07
...Pentalgin works for me when Nurofene doesn't. Getting outside and moving more are good preventive measures generally speaking. Certain birth control pills are instrumental in giving migraine, not taking any however might result in a longer headache however;)

plastique
13-11-2004, 16:04
the doctor just changed my pills shortly after i started getting the migraines.....by george i think m-c hit upon it.... will i adjust or should i go back to the dr?

jules
15-11-2004, 13:07
I used to get awful ones all the time, and then I moved offices and they went away. They did an environmental survey of my old office a few months later and found my room was infested with mould - the same as my high school science room, where I always got migraines. Maybe your flat or somewhere you spend a lot of time has mould... it has no odour and is not visible unless you look inside the walls and ceilings.

If you get them really bad and have medical insurance, there's a great med called Zomig - it makes my nose tingle but the pain is gone in less than 30 minutes, no matter how bad it was.

Having an aspirin and some caffeine (a small amount) can also help...

vaska
15-11-2004, 14:14
I got awful migraines between 18 and 25, but get them less and less as I get older (same for my mother and grandmother). Now stress seems to be the only trigger, although before red wine and some types of cheese used to bring them on.

Usually, I find that if I feel one coming on and take some stong over-the-counter pain medicine, like Aleve, it usually helps. But for a really bad one, I don't know anything that helps, except Imitrex, and I haven't seen it here.

am4rw
15-11-2004, 22:53
Back in the late 60s, a friend of mine had a lot of migraines, and the military doctor prescribed him mescaline. Took care of the headaches, but he still couldn't function in mainsteam society. Contact Peyote, maybe he has something that would help. :p

Suliko80
16-11-2004, 01:36
Try to speak to psychoanalyst or psychotherapist (see "Psychology" section of moscowtimes.ru)...

polly
29-11-2004, 17:47
i'm going on two days of this now. i want to rip my own head off.

M-C
29-11-2004, 18:26
Just finished a 4-day headache, (spit over left shoulder 3 times, or whatever) Pentalgin was the only thing that took the edge off it. Seems like the weather, it couldn't be noxious fumes, could it????

NYCKID
01-12-2004, 13:03
Zomig or Imatrex 100 will knock it out in about 1 to 2 hours, if not see a Dr. as you may have another problem. From the age of 13 through 32 I was told it was a sinus problem, after many tests it was simple old Migraine.

GOOD LUCK

NLP
16-12-2004, 14:33
For migraine sufferers- I use immitrex nazal spray- migraine goes away in 5 minutes- in russia it is called imigran and you can buy it at the drug stores or arder from on line pharmasy. It works fast, but is expensive.....

jules
16-12-2004, 16:03
I've used Imitrex and Zomig - Imitrex was stronger, made me feel a bit dizzy and strange. Zomig made my nose tingle but no other side effects. They worked in under 30 minutes - the headache just disappeared. Neither are recommended if you have arteriosclerosis or heart trouble - they work by constricting the blood vessels (migraines are caused by the high volume of blood coursing through overdilated blood vessels).

peyote
16-12-2004, 16:25
forget the pills. try a bong. a wider less painful consciousness. he he ;)

polly
16-12-2004, 17:05
Originally posted by peyote
forget the pills. try a bong. a wider less painful consciousness. he he ;)

and probably more nausea! *shudder*

peyote
16-12-2004, 17:36
Originally posted by polly
and probably more nausea! *shudder* actually one of the effects all researchers agree upon is the anti-emetic one. i tried myself everytime i was vomiting or... not vomiting ;) and the vomiting ended no matter how bad it was or... was not... was it?
:bong: