PDA

View Full Version : Fiance visa

Maiziebeagle
27-06-2009, 15:41
Hi all.

My fiance is Russian and I'm from the UK. We have been together for 3 years and we recently submitted her fiance visa application.

This message was posted on her log in at the UK Visa website which to me is unclear as to whether we have been successful or have been refused. Does anybody know what this phrase means?

"Your application is ready for collection; please visit the UK Visa Application Centre where you submitted your visa application to collect same" To me this is worded vaguely and we now have an anxious wait over the weekend to find out.

Many Thanks.

Peter.

Mud
27-06-2009, 16:03
Hello Peter / Maiziebeagle and welcome to the Expat.ru forums!

I am no expert on the UK visa website but it seems to me that they are simply directing you to go somewhere else (another part of the site or another site entirely) where the application was submitted and get ('collect') it.

Is this the site?

Russian Federation (http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/wheretoapply/russianfederation)

This site directs you to go to VFS Global:

UK Visa Information - Home Page (http://www.ukvac-ru.com/)

"If you are in the Russian Federation, you must apply at the nearest visa application centre run by our commercial partner VFS Global. These centres are located in Moscow, St Petersburg and Ekaterinburg.

Our commercial partners only collect visa application forms and supporting documents, biometric fingerscans and the visa application fee. Commercial partners are not involved in the decision making process."

This site has a "Track Your Application link (you need an application number and her date of birth):

https://www.vfsglobal.org/ukg-passporttracking/ApplicantTrackStatus.aspx?Data=YzLYMFd3w3LznOCbxa6ahQ==

As I said, I'm no expert on this process but this SEEMS to me to be a good start.

I hope this is helpful.

I hope that this site is a good resource for you! Best wishes to you and your fiance!

All the best!
Mud ;)

Maiziebeagle
27-06-2009, 16:17
Hi Mud.

Thanks for your reply.

Yes it's the Uk visa site and yes that's the message we received when we log in to "track your application".

According to that message she needs to collect her "application" at the visa centre, it doesn't say for her to collect her "visa".

It's not worded clearly so we have an uneasy wait over the weekend...

Mud
27-06-2009, 16:49
UUUGGGGHHHH!!!

That's a drag! I HATE waiting! :groan:

Could be just a standard message for successful apps, unsuccessful apps, incomplete apps, etc.... Once it is processed they may just send the same message to everybody regardless of status and force you into a 'holding pattern'. :grind:

Hope it all goes well! :wavey:

Maiziebeagle
27-06-2009, 16:59
Yes I was thinking that...Suspense is killing us.

I'll keep you posted, tahnks for your support!

What's your story then, it's my first time on this forum?

peter

Mud
27-06-2009, 17:41
Originally Posted by PETE
"...tahnks for your support!"

Here to serve!

Originally Posted by PETE
"What's your story then..."

My story cannot be told on a public forum :whisper::shhhhhh: ~~~~ sssshhhhhhhh ~~~~ !!! :shhhhhh::shhhhhh:

If I told you, I'd face arrest and imprisonment + my book agent would kill me!

Just jokin'!
My story? Five words ~~~~

"Holy cr@p,,, I'm still alive!"

But we digress,,,, this is YOUR Introductory thread and so this thread is about you and your fiance so by rule you must tell us about you and her.

Back to you Pete!

Maiziebeagle
27-06-2009, 19:56
Ahh I see..

We met three years ago. Anna is from St Petersburg and I have visited twice. We've met so far in Barcelona, Alicante, Teneriffe, Menorca and France.
Anna has visited me here in Scotland 3 times and last year won a fashion competition at a ladies night (she is very beautiful) however as the first prize was a 3 day trip for 2 to New York she had to visit the US embassy in London where she was swiftly refused a visa to travel. (for absolutely no tangible reason) they said she could not show sufficient ties in the UK despite having all her paperwork in order etc, the damn clearance officer refused her probably on the basis that they suspected she may defecf to the US, ridiculous! so she was really disappointed about that.
We hope to marry very soon but can't arrange anything until she is granted a visa.
So we live in eternal hope..

Mud
27-06-2009, 22:05
Ahh I see..

We met three years ago. Anna is from St Petersburg and I have visited twice. We've met so far in Barcelona, Alicante, Teneriffe, Menorca and France.
Anna has visited me here in Scotland 3 times and last year won a fashion competition at a ladies night (she is very beautiful) however as the first prize was a 3 day trip for 2 to New York she had to visit the US embassy in London where she was swiftly refused a visa to travel. (for absolutely no tangible reason) they said she could not show sufficient ties in the UK despite having all her paperwork in order etc, the damn clearance officer refused her probably on the basis that they suspected she may defecf to the US, ridiculous! so she was really disappointed about that.
We hope to marry very soon but can't arrange anything until she is granted a visa.
So we live in eternal hope..
Ladies and Gentlemen!

NOW THAT IS AN INTRODUCTION!

Great story Pete!

When you're in love, you want the whole world to know. Well ~~~~ now they do!

Sounds pretty romantic. Enjoy!

No surprise about the US visa as it is quite a common story. Still disappointing for her though!

"So we live in eternal hope.."
"We hope to marry very soon..."

'Hope' is a good thing ~~~ keep it.
'Hopefully' you will not be 'hoping' for her visa next week. 'Hopefully' your 'hopes' will be realized.

Pete and Anna,
I 'hope' it all goes well for the visa, the wedding plans and a bright and 'hopeful' future.

Maiziebeagle
28-06-2009, 00:32
Many thanks for the warm welcome but we have since learned that the message she received probably means she has been refused...

Not good news and makes for a depressing weekend 4000 miles apart until we find out for definate and the reason why she was refused.

They never said it would be easy..even after 3 years together, 7 trips abroad, 2 trips to Russia and many thousands spent.

Some poxy clerk behind a desk has decided how our life will be for the near future. The UK is actually more of a communist country sometimes than Russia.

Mud
28-06-2009, 01:25
Don't let them grind you down! Perhaps it's not so bad as all that. See what happens on the visa and take it a step at a time. Where there's a will there's a way, right?
Can't do anything about it til Monday anyway,,,,so go have a beer (or 6) and forget about it for a while. You may need it.

Keep us informed.
Mud :10220:

Maiziebeagle
28-06-2009, 02:08
Well I've had a few beers now and I can handle anything that comes my way but it's Anna I feel for y'know?

She's bought her dress and stuff and was excited about her wedding but like you say, can't do anything till Monday.

Cheers.

Pete.

Mud
28-06-2009, 13:54
A few beers can give you courage. A few more ,,,,, well that's another story. So stop drinkin' for Pete's sake! he he he :evilgrin:

This is your chance to show Anna your calm, cool demeanor and strength in the face of adversity. This could even be a good thing! Us guys need to be needed! :D

Ghostly Presence
29-06-2009, 12:36
Some poxy clerk behind a desk has decided how our life will be for the near future. The UK is actually more of a communist country sometimes than Russia.

Russia has long ceased to be communist now its just lawless.
If your application was in fact refused, hopefully it was because of a minor error in the paperwork that can be easily corrected.

Best of luck to you guys!
Keep us posted!