PDA

View Full Version : Applying for Permanent Residency

geoffgich
21-06-2009, 20:11
Married to a Russian ,I got a Temporary-RP. Now almost a year is gone; Next step is to apply for Permanent Residency.

What is the easiest procedure to acquire this?

Glad for your help.

Dashanew
22-06-2009, 16:48
This is exactly the same process than for the TRP with 2 minor differences:

1-No need to supply a police certificate.
2-You need a tax number (INN)

You must FIRST register your TRP for the second year, THEN apply for (Permanent) RP. You can do the medic tests already (exactly same circuit than for TRP) get your marriage certificate translated and notarized (must be a new one), and the same day you get your registration for the 2nd year, you may apply for RP.

byrneofmoscow
24-06-2009, 10:29
Hi

I am interested in why there is a need to have a new marraige cert translated and notarised. The previous marraige cert offered for TPR had been apostilled (Irish Marraige Cert) Is it the case that they may believe that a person may no longer be married! Does this new marraige cert requirement apply to Russian marriage certs only. Do you know ?

Regards and thanks

Dashanew
24-06-2009, 21:20
Need a new (if you apply OUTSIDE the quota of course because you are married with a Russian citizen), because "you could have divorced". It was the reply told to my husband when he applied...
This requirement applies for all marriage, registered or not in Russia, if you want to apply outside the quota system.

Bels
25-06-2009, 14:07
How do you get a new marriage certificate ? Does that mean we need to remarry to get a new one? Or how do we prove that we are not divorced after the issued marriage certificate date. Also it must be a very fast divorce to do it within a year.

What is even crazier is that we have to go through all the medical tests even if we hadn't left Russia to catch another disease outside of Russia. My advice is that if you have divorced or you need a new marriage certificate you had better find yourself another Russian wife as soon as possible.

Proper Bostonian
25-06-2009, 14:37
Americans can get a new apostilled marriage certificate from the Secretary of Stat'es office in the state in which they were married. Check your state's web site for fees.

exprumos
25-06-2009, 16:16
How do you get a new marriage certificate ? Does that mean we need to remarry to get a new one? Or how do we prove that we are not divorced after the issued marriage certificate date. Also it must be a very fast divorce to do it within a year.

What is even crazier is that we have to go through all the medical tests even if we hadn't left Russia to catch another disease outside of Russia. My advice is that if you have divorced or you need a new marriage certificate you had better find yourself another Russian wife as soon as possible.

A new notarised translation / copy.
Not a new certificate.

Bels
25-06-2009, 16:47
Just a question. Aren't most of us here that have got a TMP married to a Russian, and married in Russia? Moscow for example? So why do we need anything else but the original marriage certificate, as after all it was all done originally in Russia.

There's no doubt that the most stupid part of the process is having to do your medicals all over again, when you have only recently just done it.

TommyGun
25-06-2009, 23:22
I haven't even started yet and already my head hurts. :groan:

So much fun to look forward to

Bels
26-06-2009, 12:44
Yes it will be so much fun getting your permanent residency of which lasts for five years, and then going for another permanent when the other pemanent residency expires :question:

TommyGun
26-06-2009, 17:01
Yes it will be so much fun getting your permanent residency of which lasts for five years, and then going for another permanent when the other pemanent residency expires :question:
:rules: True.

geoffgich
27-06-2009, 23:50
To apply for the PRP What is needed ?
The process is the same as TRP but, I hear cash wise it may be different. The Immigration may need to see your bank statement for the entire time you have been here, whether employed or not. "Six figures " is needed
Is That True

Dashanew
28-06-2009, 08:48
The process is the same as TRP but, I hear cash wise it may be different. The Immigration may need to see your bank statement for the entire time you have been here, whether employed or not. "Six figures " is needed
Is That True

A bank spravka showing about 150/250k rubles is ok.

Bels
28-06-2009, 12:48
Is That True

First of all. You are not obligated to have a bank account if you don't want one. Many Russians don't trust banks due to their history of credability here. It's the same as in the UK believe it or not. If any authority asks for bank statements in UK of which often they do,and you say you haven't got a bank account, they will simply ask for another form of proof. Although it is now virtually impossible to get paid a wage in UK without a bank account, as all employers refuse to pay cash or even a cheque.

But you must have a record of how you lived and that you did pay taxes here. Such as my payments on entrepeneurs license, meaning I have a russian tax number and must pay the taxes.

It is strange how they demand income proof in Russia yet they don't give you the automatic right to work in Russia on TRP ? :)

Penguin_The_Great
28-06-2009, 17:59

When your permanent residency expires, you file for an extension. It's quite simple and doesn't require the same long list of documents as the first time around. You are then given an extension for five years. After that you file for another extension, and so on.

Penguin_The_Great
28-06-2009, 18:11
Is That True

What they want is for you to demonstrate that you have enough money to live above the poverty line for five years. You can either show them a tax note from work stating your salary (2 NDFL - it's a tax form) or your tax return showing how much money you are making from activities other than employment. If you are unemployed and do not have any sources of income, your spouse can claim you as his/her dependent. In this case your spouse should submit his/her tax returns.
If neither of the above options works for you, you can simply demonstrate that you have enough money saved up to last for five years. That is, you submit a statement from you bank. The amount that you need to have should equal minimum monthly subsistence income multiplied by 60 (the number of months in five years). Minimum monthly subsistence income varies by region. It should be somewhere around 4-8 thousand roubles. Note that different UFMS offices often have different requirements, so it's always best to inquire at your local office

Bels
28-06-2009, 21:20
When your permanent residency expires, you file for an extension. It's quite simple and doesn't require the same long list of documents as the first time around. You are then given an extension for five years. After that you file for another extension, and so on.

Would we still have to continue going for medicals and showing a marriage certificate etc. Will it continue to cost us in administration fees and several visits. Medicals are a big pain depending in where you live such as Moscow oblast, where you travel to all sorts of area for different medicals.

Simply spending five minute to file for an extension for another five years won't seem be so bad, but I have a funny feeling it will be more involved than that.

SV1973a
28-06-2009, 21:42
Can this PRP not also be revoked, like for instance in case you stay out of the country for more than 6 months ?
This is in fact one of the reasons that I want to go for RF Citizenship, because that really is permanent (in the way that we all understand what `permanent` means).

Penguin_The_Great
28-06-2009, 23:34
Would we still have to continue going for medicals and showing a marriage certificate etc. Will it continue to cost us in administration fees and several visits. Medicals are a big pain depending in where you live such as Moscow oblast, where you travel to all sorts of area for different medicals.

Simply spending five minute to file for an extension for another five years won't seem be so bad, but I have a funny feeling it will be more involved than that.

I'm not a 100% sure, but I think the only papers you need to submit to receive a five-year extension are an application form, a copy of your passport, and a copy of your permanent residency permit. You also need to pay a thousand rouble fee. Doesn't seem that bad to me at all.
Seems like in Moscow they also require proof of income.
You can check here:
. (http://www.fmsmoscow.ru/vnz_text.php?nid=36&)

Penguin_The_Great
28-06-2009, 23:43
Can this PRP not also be revoked, like for instance in case you stay out of the country for more than 6 months ?

Yes, as far as I know it gets canceled if you are out of Russia for more than 6 months.

Penguin_The_Great
27-07-2009, 22:48
This is exactly the same process than for the TRP with 2 minor differences:

1-No need to supply a police certificate.
2-You need a tax number (INN)

You must FIRST register your TRP for the second year, THEN apply for (Permanent) RP. You can do the medic tests already (exactly same circuit than for TRP) get your marriage certificate translated and notarized (must be a new one), and the same day you get your registration for the 2nd year, you may apply for RP.

Dasha, could you please specify what you meant by a "new marriage certificate"? Our foreign marriage certificate was apostilled and officially translated into Russian a couple of years ago. Will it be enough to just get a new notarized copy of it or should we get a new apostille, new translation, new everything?

Has anyone else dealt with this problem? It is unclear as to what the UFMS wanted in this case.

Thank you!