PDA

View Full Version : The Office Has Moved!!

thva
16-06-2009, 01:36
As of today (without any warning in advance, of course, :verymad: even on Thursday when they last worked and quit 3 hours early, and no mention anywhere on the УФМС России по г. Москве :: Официальный сайт (http://www.fmsmoscow.ru) site), the office for exit visas has suddenly moved from Pokrovka!
It is now located at metro Alekseevskaya, Grafsky Per. 12A - but to get there you have to cut through from Kuchin Per 10. They don't know their own hours yet, but they think that it will probably be about 9-12:30 and 2-5.
As best I could tell, the windows for those who have already submitted forms for an exit/entry visa and the windows to submit docs to apply for temp/perm residency were still working, but I didn't stick around to study the situation, but hussled my butt across town to Alexeevskaya. There was an attempt at an orderly system of taking numbers, but in fact the thing to do is to take a number for what you want and then go show it to the woman guarding the turnstile to go upstairs to the proper windows, and she will let you through to go up and do it - you cut through the milling crowd by the turnstile, and join a milling crowd in a strange narrow passage with workers manning a few desks on each side. I got in and out in 10 minutes, but might have been my charm at work ;-)

byrneofmoscow
16-06-2009, 16:39
Thanks for this info, can you tell me if they have a payment hatch (cassa) there or are we back to the Sperbank rat run?

Thanks

thva
24-06-2009, 00:16
Not sure - I had already done my payment at the Sberbank ahead (it was already my 3rd trip to the office on the day I discovered they had moved!) - Sorry!

byrneofmoscow
24-06-2009, 10:53
Thanks for the info on the new UFMS office address, payment for an exit/ re enrty visa can be made at Sperbank.