PDA

View Full Version : FS: Nikon D40 & 18-200mm lens

russiabear
07-06-2009, 15:08
For Sale: Nikon D40 plus the 18-200mm 1.34-5.6 lens ~ $1100

Just bought this January, so less than 6 months old. FABULOUS camera and I especially love the lens!! I have been super happy with this camera and am only selling because a professional photographer friend is setting me up with a Canon Mark V which is the holy grail of cameras :)

Pros: I have 4 kids and this is by far the most practical camera to use daily for getting great sport shots (zoom is amazing!!), portraits, candid ~ NO shutter delay, super light, easy to use if you're a total novice and just want to point and shoot. Also the lens is 2x the cost of the camera ~ this is good if you want to upgrade in a few years you can buy the latest and greatest dslr Nikon camera and will already have a fantastic lens. All professionals will tell you to always invest the bulk of your $$ in the lens, not the camera itself.

Comes with Ultra High speed 8GB SD card - you can store close to 1,000 pictures on this without downloading.. great for vacation. Also comes with two batteries ~ the one that comes standard with the camera and then I paid $150 extra for the super duper long life battery (800 pictures? I believe). Nice camera bag, lens cover, battery charger, USB cord, software.

Here's a good review:
Nikon D40 (http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/d40.htm)

I would second everything he says about the camera. Seriously it's a super practical easy to use dslr.

I live outside the city but can meet you at any metro stop for delivery.

MoscowMonkey
21-06-2009, 00:04
Hi,

Would you consider selling the camera or lens seperately?

tiktokman
29-06-2009, 17:12
Canon Mark V which is the holy grail of cameras

Actually it's the Nikon D3 or D3X :hooray: