PDA

View Full Version : agency in london/helsinki

expat101
08-09-2003, 17:01
Will have to do my vias again and have the invitation letter. Need an agency to process it. Need Contact info for the two cities listed. Thanks for the help.

Bo Selecta!
08-10-2003, 15:08
Don't use Andrews Travel House. They were OK at the Moscow but a DISASTER in London. To be avoided at all costs.

investor
08-10-2003, 15:34
For Finalnd you can use Yugo-Star agency, they were charging 100 uero for visa. tel: 105-00-52 Olga

Redfax1
08-10-2003, 17:12
Hi

I was wondering what was meant by the word "disaster" when referring to Andrews in London, I would appreciate clarification and maybe I can be of some help, as I am the Managing Director of this company?

Regards

Sean Redfearn
MD of Disaster apparently

Bo Selecta!
09-10-2003, 12:57
I had some problems with my letter of support- some vital information was omitted. Although this was not directly the fault of Andrew's Travel House itself, it was they who had advised me what I needed to put in the letter in the first place and I had followed their instruction. As a result, my visa was refused by the embassy. I accept that things like this happen with the Embassy in London from time to time- they are very fickle and what may be acceptable as a letter of support one day may not be the next. But what really p'd me off was that rather than inform me of this straight away, ATH decided it was up to me to contact them when I didn't get my visa as expected, meaning vital days were lost. In the end, I had to reschudlue my flight.

Other little problems included not processing my visa application the day following receipt of all my documentation (as advertised), issuing me an invoice rather than a receipt even though I had paid the balance in full. When I requested a receipt, they said an invoice was "practically the same thing" and did not send me a receipt. This led to problems claiming back expenses, and when my company called them to verify that I had in fact paid, ATH said there was no record of my application on their system at all.

Overall, I just found the London end of the operation came across as very unprofessional. Whenever I spoke to them on the telephone, no one seemed to know what was going on and their whole attitude was lackadaisical.

Redfax1
09-10-2003, 13:04
Hello Mr Selecta

It does sound rather disastrous, I was not aware of any such problems.

If you would like to email me privately and leave your full name and date of application. I will look into this for you.

Apologies if you have received poor quality of service. This is something I am trying to rectify.

Look forward to your comments.

Sean Redfearn
MD of Disaster and Andrews Travel House-London