PDA

View Full Version : need advice

Tatiana cat
04-11-2004, 11:42
Well, today in the morning I went to the doctor to get "spravka" for a smimming pool.
Cat, congrats! Didn't take too long to get that spravka...

But again I was told that I should eat more... My height is 165, my weight is 46.5 kg. But I really don't look skinny (I do aerobics and have some muscles). And I feel great!!

Any doctors on the site?

Shatneresque
04-11-2004, 12:11
Wow! Five foot four and 103 pounds 5 ounces....

Carbs, darlin'. Consume more carbs!

85StonePolarBear
04-11-2004, 12:13
Everyone is different. The only way I could get down to my recommended weight as per the various weight charts would be to contract AIDS (or to have one or more limbs amputated), which I have no intention of doing. If you look and feel healthy (and you look just fine), there is no reason to change anything.

Tatiana cat
04-11-2004, 12:47
Bear, thanks for encouragement! I think the same...

Shatner, what do you mean by carbs?
Trying to guess... bread, potatoes, rice... is that right?

Shatneresque
04-11-2004, 12:48
You got it. Put some meat on those bones, girl....

Sadie
04-11-2004, 12:51
Recently I went to a doctor and came back shocked. Before any tests and examination she recommended me to go to a hospital for a week straight away just because she thought I didn't look too good: not enough weight and all.
Now I don't go to doctors any more.

Tatiana cat
04-11-2004, 12:51
Originally posted by Shatneresque
You got it. Put some meat on those bones, girl....

Not everyone likes fat girls... ( I hope so...)

Tatiana cat
04-11-2004, 12:54
Originally posted by Sadie

Now I don't go to doctors any more.

Neither do I... Only sometimes when I need spravkas...

85StonePolarBear
04-11-2004, 12:55
Speaking from the other end of the scale, my physician is the one who told me not to even try to lose the amount of weight needed to reach what is recommended on the charts. Now, I want to get rid of these last 8 or so kilos, dammit!

Tatiana cat
04-11-2004, 13:00
Originally posted by 85StonePolarBear
Now, I want to get rid of these last 8 or so kilos, dammit!
Is it difficult?
Bear, simply don't eat but drink a lot ( tea, juice or water)...
You'll see the result very quickly...

85StonePolarBear
04-11-2004, 13:02
Not difficult - just getting anxious because I have dropped so much as it is and I want to see the final results - New Year's is OK but in the past I've lost faster.

pengwn9
04-11-2004, 13:24
Wait a few years. You'll find those extra pounds without even looking for them. They'll find you.

With a young energetic metabolism, and likely without the daily responsibility to put dinner on the table every night, you won't gain much weight.

But as you age, and if you become responsible for feeding a family daily, you will find that weight is easy to gain. Enjoy a lithe youthful figure now. I'm sure you're perfectly healthy.

Tatiana cat
04-11-2004, 13:31
Originally posted by pengwn9

But as you age, and if you become responsible for feeding a family daily, you will find that weight is easy to gain.

Who is telling that? Pengwn, who weighs even less than I do?? Funny...

Shatneresque
04-11-2004, 13:31
Originally posted by Tatiana cat
Not everyone likes fat girls...

Not talking "fat" here, just not skin and bones. Most of the Russian girls I see appear to be frightfully undernourished.

(I will admit, though, to being biased toward girls who are a little bit chubby---not just because I'm big myself, but because of my first real love. In other words, there should be something there to SQUEEZE when you hug a girl!)

sfjohns67
04-11-2004, 14:05
Tat Cat, to put an "official" spin on your size, according to the US Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps height/weight requirements (http://www.afrotc.com/admissions/physreq/index.htm), the minimum allowable weight for your height (65 inches) is 115lbs (51.7kg); max allowable would be 165lbs (74.8kg). So yes, while keeping up your physical fitness regime, you might endeavour to gain a few pounds. I don't recommend carbs, as they convert too easily to fat in the long run. Instead, try upping your post-workout proteins with food such as chicken breasts or other lean meats. Stay away from supplements such as protein powders and such, they are HORRIBLE for your pancreas and kidneys.

Edited: by post-workout, I mean you should consume proteins within an hour of your last muscle-exercise repetition.

Tatiana cat
04-11-2004, 14:08
not just because I'm big myself

Then you should join Bear's diet and go to dieting folder...(just joking)

Thanks for "undernourished." Very nice of you...:D

Here I want to get more advice on how to "put some meat on bones" and what do you understand by that "meat"?
Anyway, I reckon I've got enough...

Tatiana cat
04-11-2004, 14:13
Sfjohns67,
Thanks a lot for your interesting info and some useful advice...
I don't actually do a lot of training (once or twice a week)...

Shatneresque
04-11-2004, 14:18
I want to get more advice on how to "put some meat on bones" and what do you understand by that "meat"?

Muscle, mostly, with just a bit of fat to keep you soft and cuddly and warm in the winter....

Did you know that dieting to excess results not only in the loss of fat, but of muscle tissue as well? This is why anorexics sometimes die of cardiac failure: their heart muscles have just wasted away from undernourishment.

Anyway, Mr. Bear is right: You should eat a balanced diet, not carbs only. Just try to eat a bit more of everything....

Shatneresque
04-11-2004, 14:22
Then you should join Bear's diet and go to dieting folder.

I could stand (and would love) to lose a few pounds, but it's difficult because (a) of my genetic makeup and (b) my sedentary job. Except for walking whenever I can, I don't have time for exercise.

Tatiana cat
04-11-2004, 14:26
Well, thanks for the lecture... <yawning>
It was Mr Johns who is right about a balanced diet...

hint: much funnier if you wrote: Cat, I posted lots of recipes in the food folder and if you like I can try any one on you... (only choose)...:D

sfjohns67
04-11-2004, 14:27
Very generally speaking, you should increase the volume of your muscle exercises with a corresponding (and consistent) increase in the amount of post-workout protein you consume. Any physician worth his salt should be able to prescribe a diet/exercise combination that will allow you to reach your goals at a safely moderate pace. You don't want to bulk up overnight, and in fact about the only way to do so is to gain fat weight, which you don't want.

Shatneresque
04-11-2004, 14:29
Much funnier if you wrote: Cat, I posted lots of recipes in the food folder and if you like I can try any one on you... (only choose)...:D

Cat, I posted lots of recipes in the food folder and if you like I can try any one on you... (only choose)...:D

Tatiana cat
04-11-2004, 14:34
(b) my sedentary job. Except for walking whenever I can, I don't have time for exercise.

Most of us have sedentary jobs...(I guess even more tiring)...
But I manage to find time for exercise - that makes you feel more energetic... so you are able to do more things a day...

Advice: don't skip exercise!!

Tatiana cat
04-11-2004, 14:36
Cat, I posted lots of recipes in the food folder and if you like I can try any one on you... (only choose)...:D

I appreciate your sense of humour...:D

Tatiana cat
04-11-2004, 14:50
Originally posted by sfjohns67
Very generally speaking, you should increase the volume of your muscle exercises with a corresponding (and consistent) increase in the amount of post-workout protein you consume. Any physician worth his salt should be able to prescribe a diet/exercise combination that will allow you to reach your goals at a safely moderate pace. You don't want to bulk up overnight, and in fact about the only way to do so is to gain fat weight, which you don't want.

Yeah, generally speaking... that all is right and cool. But my goal is actually a couple of kilos... so won't be very long...
You are a great lecturer (even cooler than Shatner...:D )...

lion
04-11-2004, 22:44
my weight is 46.5 kg.
You are lying here: your weight is 44.7kg. you are a living skeleton but yes,very surprisingly, you look good. An interesting case to study