PDA

View Full Version : Thailand has no apostile system!!!!

kimkiti
02-06-2009, 14:24
Today, I was at the local structure where I submitting my TRP documents, all other documents were ok except the criminal record checking which I did not have apostile. In Thailand, we don't have such system as apostiles, because we don't belong into some kind of convention (i forgot the name). Anyway, what I did when I got the criminal record checking from Thai police department, I went to Thailand Foreign Ministry of Affairs for legalization (which is same as apostiles), then went to Russian Embassy in Thailand for Russian translation and legalized. And it supposed to be same as apostiles system anyway.

Today, this officer tries to explain to me that she can only accept the criminal with apostiles, and i tried to explain to her a million times that we don't have such system, but what I did is exactly same as apositles.

Anyone knows how to solve this sitution???

trebor
02-06-2009, 16:41
Today, I was at the local structure where I submitting my TRP documents, all other documents were ok except the criminal record checking which I did not have apostile. In Thailand, we don't have such system as apostiles, because we don't belong into some kind of convention (i forgot the name). Anyway, what I did when I got the criminal record checking from Thai police department, I went to Thailand Foreign Ministry of Affairs for legalization (which is same as apostiles), then went to Russian Embassy in Thailand for Russian translation and legalized. And it supposed to be same as apostiles system anyway.

Today, this officer tries to explain to me that she can only accept the criminal with apostiles, and i tried to explain to her a million times that we don't have such system, but what I did is exactly same as apositles.

Anyone knows how to solve this sitution???

I'm in Thailand at the moment kimkiti. Try asking your question on Home - Thaivisa.com (http://www.thaivisa.com/)
Click on Expat forum, i'm sure someone there will be able to help you.
trebor

snowbars
02-06-2009, 21:48
Find somebody with influence in Migration Department = pay some money =and ask them to accept your documents

fidel
18-06-2009, 13:58
What you should do in this case is get your Thai Emb. in Moscow to translate this paper and get it notarised at the ministry of foreign affairs Notar in Moscow. They need to legalise the embassy's stamp (your embassy should know). Then this document will be accepted by the Immigration dept. I did it like that.