PDA

View Full Version : How does the election outcome affect you personally as an expat in Moscow?

Dr. Bukakke
03-11-2004, 12:28
I think life would be the same irregardless of which candidate sits in office, unless someone like Nader came into power.

There ain't no difference in my opinion. If Kerry won, he'd still be stuck with the Iraq mess on his hands, and couldn't pull out right now even if he wanted to.

As an expat in Moscow, life would be the same in either situation.

Kingwillhe
03-11-2004, 12:50
I may be an Expat in Moscow but I travel a great deal and can’t help but think that life would be a little simpler if Bush and his ilk weren’t dividing the international communities into an “us or them” state of thought!

It could be argued that this has always been the reality, it was just not so obvious, but it is certainly much more dangerous now than it was and with no improvement in the near future.

As a leader, Bush is an abject failure, and his ideological followers are now emboldened to continue the current disastrous international policies which are myopic in the extreme.

Would Kerry have been different? Who knows! Does the reelection of Bush affect those sitting in their snug Moscow enclave? Doubtful! But you gotta leave sometime…what then?

WillsRN
04-11-2004, 09:09
I am an expat in Saudi Arabia, home of Ben Laden and fundamentalist Islam. Interesting fact, all the fundamentalist muslims(potential terrorist) are hoping for Kerry and yet all the moderate and liberal muslims here want Bush to win.
Exact opposite of American public opinion. I have my own theories about this, anyone care to take a crack at it?

Ant
04-11-2004, 09:26
As an expat in Moscow, I would've celebrated Bush's defeat with a shot of Kentucky Bourbon chased by a long necked Bud (for want of a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale on tap).

Instead, I'm gonna drown my Bush's vicotry sorrows in cheap Russian vodka chased by warm Zolotay Bochka, until I really don't care anymore.

kniga
04-11-2004, 09:48
My life in Moscow won't change except for the opportunity to kid my Bush bashing Brit friends (yes, that means YOU, Boscoe! :-)), and suggest to them that this probably means they will be seeing more of Bush's Brit buddy, Tony Blair...

Fa-Q!
04-11-2004, 09:59
:bong: !

half crazed visigoth
04-11-2004, 10:02
we are stuck with blair as Howard is even less electable- I am a LIibDem supporter but recognise we ain't gonna win sometime soon. Other than great depression for the world at the result, life will remain the same for us Brits.....

Sparafucile
04-11-2004, 14:23
I remain unaffected by the election in Ukraine.

Was there some other election, then?

Maine Surfer
04-11-2004, 14:55
Originally posted by Sparafucile
I remain unaffected by the election in Ukraine.

Was there some other election, then?

LOL :)