PDA

View Full Version : Left vs. Right -- Titanic Struggle of Partisanship

AstroNoodle
31-05-2009, 10:20
quotes are from article

"The truth of the matter is, the Left is in a titanic struggle with the Right, and only one of the two will walk away from the fight. Each side to the struggle understands itself, and is understood by its antagonist, as standing for a world-view that cannot be compromised - AND EACH SIDE IS "PLAYING FOR KEEPS."

THE LEFT: SEEKING TO DESTROY THETHE LEFT: SEEKING TO DESTROY THE RIGHT - ROOT AND BRANCH - By S.R. Shearer (http://antipasministries.com/html/file0000307.htm)

"Regrettably - at least insofar as the Left is concerned - it (i.e., the Left) has no real recourse to assassination as a political weapon the way the Right has, with its (i.e., the Right's) ability to tap into the services of rogue elements in the CIA, the FBI, and military intelligence.

It does, however, have recourse to the judicial system which over the years has tended to lean left insofar as its "politics" (i.e., its judicial decisions) are concerned: The Watergate Hearings, the Church Committee Hearings, the Iran-Contra Hearings AND NOW THE EFFORT TO PROSECUTE MEMBERS OF THE BUSH ADMINISTRATION FOR WAR CRIMES all bear testimony to this fact.

NOTE #1: To deny that America's judicial system leans to the left is absurd; plainly, it's America's judicial branch - rather than its legislative or executive branches - that has over the years been responsible for most of the country's movement to the Left, not only politically, but socially."

-----

"Those on the Left, of course, like to believe that "liberalism" and "humanism" are incapable of such vendettas; that they are indisposed ideologically to producing the kind of terror that religion can produce. That's the common fantasy of the Left.

THEY'RE WRONG, HOWEVER! There was, to be sure, the INQUISITION under Torquemada in Spain that was produced by religious intolerance; but there was also the TERROR under Robespierre in France that was motivated by a "humanism" gone utterly mad."

BigSpaseeba
31-05-2009, 12:20
quotes are from article

"The truth of the matter is, the Left is in a titanic struggle with the Right, and only one of the two will walk away from the fight. Each side to the struggle understands itself, and is understood by its antagonist, as standing for a world-view that cannot be compromised - AND EACH SIDE IS "PLAYING FOR KEEPS."

THE LEFT: SEEKING TO DESTROY THETHE LEFT: SEEKING TO DESTROY THE RIGHT - ROOT AND BRANCH - By S.R. Shearer (http://antipasministries.com/html/file0000307.htm)

"Regrettably - at least insofar as the Left is concerned - it (i.e., the Left) has no real recourse to assassination as a political weapon the way the Right has, with its (i.e., the Right's) ability to tap into the services of rogue elements in the CIA, the FBI, and military intelligence.

It does, however, have recourse to the judicial system which over the years has tended to lean left insofar as its "politics" (i.e., its judicial decisions) are concerned: The Watergate Hearings, the Church Committee Hearings, the Iran-Contra Hearings AND NOW THE EFFORT TO PROSECUTE MEMBERS OF THE BUSH ADMINISTRATION FOR WAR CRIMES all bear testimony to this fact.

NOTE #1: To deny that America's judicial system leans to the left is absurd; plainly, it's America's judicial branch - rather than its legislative or executive branches - that has over the years been responsible for most of the country's movement to the Left, not only politically, but socially."

-----

"Those on the Left, of course, like to believe that "liberalism" and "humanism" are incapable of such vendettas; that they are indisposed ideologically to producing the kind of terror that religion can produce. That's the common fantasy of the Left.

THEY'RE WRONG, HOWEVER! There was, to be sure, the INQUISITION under Torquemada in Spain that was produced by religious intolerance; but there was also the TERROR under Robespierre in France that was motivated by a "humanism" gone utterly mad."

This left vs right conservative vs liberal BS is old, old, old school thinking. Both sides are useless. It's time for some truly new ways to govern that move humanity into the future. The infrastructure is in place in many countries for that. There are people with new ways of living, thinking, living together.

If we don't change then there will be more wars including nuclear war plus people will continue to rape and pillage the earth. If so, I don't care if humans become extinct because we would deserve it.

DDT
31-05-2009, 13:01
This left vs right conservative vs liberal BS is old, old, old school thinking. Both sides are useless.
LEFT = The rights of the individual are outweighed by the wants of the many.
RIGHT = The rights of the individual are sacred.

It's not old school. It's the only way, or we ALL end up slaves. If you are a Leftie, you are a greedy fool and you will die when you come to take my Right!

BigSpaseeba
31-05-2009, 17:27
LEFT = The rights of the individual are outweighed by the wants of the many.
RIGHT = The rights of the individual are sacred.

It's not old school. It's the only way, or we ALL end up slaves. If you are a Leftie, you are a greedy fool and you will die when you come to take my Right!

You're living in the 20th century DDT.

Do you think in 1000 years or even 100 years your definition will have any meaning?

You need to start thinking differently and so do millions more people.

Scrat335
31-05-2009, 17:39
This left vs right conservative vs liberal BS is old, old, old school thinking. Both sides are useless.

Both sides are ultimately self serving as are the individuals within the power structure. We have not gotten far from our tree swinging ways. You seem the same behavior in troops of chimps. As long as we continue the chimplike behavior we will never see this come to fruition.

It's time for some truly new ways to govern that move humanity into the future.

I'm beginning to think that a representative government is not the way to go.

BigSpaseeba
31-05-2009, 18:37
quotes are from article

-----

Bush, Cheney, Rove, Rumsfeld, Powell, and many others are war criminals and should be taken to an international court. Bush and Cheney would be hung if this was Nuremberg. Even someone like Ari Fleischer would get life in prison.

There will be no peace until there is justice.

And Astronoodle that website you posted a link to is absolute rubbish. If you believe in that then you are way way way out there.

AstroNoodle
31-05-2009, 21:13
Bush, Cheney, Rove, Rumsfeld, Powell, and many others are war criminals and should be taken to an international court. Bush and Cheney would be hung if this was Nuremberg. Even someone like Ari Fleischer would get life in prison.

There will be no peace until there is justice.

And Astronoodle that website you posted a link to is absolute rubbish. If you believe in that then you are way way way out there.

I don't think so. I think the author just hit a nerve with you and hit a lot closer to home than you wanted to hear today.

Does someone have to be a "secular" writer to see the obvious hypocrisy of both left and right in America? Mr. Shearer expertly shows the platitudes of left and right which are used in their ooga booga dances.

YouTube- The Gods Must Be Crazy

BigSpaseeba
31-05-2009, 22:02
I don't think so. I think the author just hit a nerve with you and hit a lot closer to home than you wanted to hear today.

Does someone have to be a "secular" writer to see the obvious hypocrisy of both left and right in America? Mr. Shearer expertly shows the platitudes of left and right which are used in their ooga booga dances.

YouTube - The Gods Must Be Crazy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66pTPWg_wUw)

You don't think so what? That Bush etc are war criminals?

No it didn't hit a nerve at all.

Left/Right, Liberal/Conservative, Communist/Capitalist yeah it's a black/white world. no gray areas.

well you're entitled to this ancient belief but I prefer to move in to the future.

Have fun living in the past with your isms and schisms.

AstroNoodle
01-06-2009, 08:14

Left/Right, Liberal/Conservative, Communist/Capitalist yeah it's a black/white world. no gray areas.

well you're entitled to this ancient belief but I prefer to move in to the future.

Have fun living in the past with your isms and schisms.

No, that is not what I said. I was saying that I don't think that the website is "absolute rubbish." I think that you just want to dismiss the website because it shines a light on the true motives and character of the left. Of course, it shines a light on the right equally, but that is not what would have hit a nerve with you, because as far as I can tell from your posts your point of view is what is aptly described in Shearer's commentary on the left.

Of course I think that Bush, Cheney, etc. should be in trouble, but I think that you may have missed one of the most important points of the article -- that the corruption on the right will ultimately prove stronger and undo the corrupt machinations on the left -- as the article puts it: elements in FBI/CIA vs. Liberal Activist Courts or assasination vs. judgements, and Shearer is predicting, I think accurately, that the former will prove stronger.

Other than that, your statement telling me to "Have fun living in the past with your isms and schisms," is exactly what that article is saying that extreme leftist liberals are doing, and I guess you just missed the entire point of the article which is that both left and right share equally hypocritical and misguided motivations and that in character, both exist as key ingredients to the follies of the Apocalypse which ultimately give rise to the Antichrist who comes to power through the failure of the left and the final, tragic reassertion of the right.

Aside from that, Shearer is one of the most prolific writers on the Apocalypse and one of the ONLY writers with any true grasp of how apocalyptic themes relate to current events. No, I do not agree with him on many points, but the main points, post-tribulationism, that the American right's efforts to restore or conserve America unwittingly causes it to be the "whore" which brings the "beast" or "Antichrist" to ultimate power, and the simple gospel of repentance to Jesus Christ and that His kingdom is not of this world -- I do agree with these.

Shearer is a former Army special-forces officer and definitely knows a good bit about what America is and what it is not. Another person, who does not write on the website but has had other close ties to the Antipas ministry is a Vietnam War veteran who flew on medivacs with wounded and smelled the death.

These guys are smart; they know their current events very well, and they know very well the non-Christian doctrines (heresies) which are pervasive throughout American churches, the damage that these heresies have caused to American society as a whole, and the past, present, and future impact that these heresies have on American foreign policy and the world.

The point of the Antipas ministry, and a fundamental point with which I wholeheartedly agree, is that there is NO answer in this world, and that we are in time of continuous decline, the hallmark characteristic of the last days, in which after each tragedy, people look for hope in all sorts of things that this world has to offer as a solution, and that ALL of these things end up in disappointments or tragedy, setting up the next. At the final point we see the end come and the return of the Lord with the angels to gather his saints.

There is NO hope outside of Jesus Christ -- especially not in politics for politics sake.

DDT
01-06-2009, 09:51

Have fun living in the past with your isms and schisms.Either my stuff is my stuff ..........or it is the States stuff!

If you can come up with another concept besides the "Left and Right" model ....what is it?

MickeyTong
01-06-2009, 15:05
If you can come up with another concept besides the "Left and Right" model ....what is it?

It's called "maturity".

We are neurologically predisposed to think in terms of polarised, metaphorical opposites: left and right; good and evil; light and dark; up and down; living and dead; full and empty; love and hate, etc.

An infant divides the world into the things it likes and the things it hates, and cannot perceive these things as anything but diametrically opposed. This includes him/herself and other people. A young child struggles with the reality that people do things which it likes and does things which it doesn't like: the loving mother who satisfies its wishes and needs is the same person who frustrates other wishes. One of the tasks of growing up is integrating this apparent dichotomy, and reducing the polarised perceptions of self and others.
Failure to do this can result in borderline personality disorder in individuals. In social groups it leads to racism, xenophobia, sexism, ageism and any other manifestation of "Us and Them" thinking, where "we" are the embodiment of all that is good and "they" are evil incarnate.

Do a google on "object relations theory", and give us all a rest from your puerile polemics.

DDT
01-06-2009, 21:29
It's called "maturity".

We are neurologically predisposed to think in terms of polarised, metaphorical opposites: left and right; good and evil; light and dark; up and down; living and dead; full and empty; love and hate, etc.

An infant divides the world into the things it likes and the things it hates, and cannot perceive these things as anything but diametrically opposed. This includes him/herself and other people. A young child struggles with the reality that people do things which it likes and does things which it doesn't like: the loving mother who satisfies its wishes and needs is the same person who frustrates other wishes. One of the tasks of growing up is integrating this apparent dichotomy, and reducing the polarised perceptions of self and others.
Failure to do this can result in borderline personality disorder in individuals. In social groups it leads to racism, xenophobia, sexism, ageism and any other manifestation of "Us and Them" thinking, where "we" are the embodiment of all that is good and "they" are evil incarnate.

Do a google on "object relations theory", and give us all a rest from your puerile polemics.

So in all that Nietzschefied Freudian psycho-babble, where was your alternative model again?

Anyway, how do know that people with BPD are simply not possessed by satan?.........hmm? ........................hmmmmmmmmmm?

MickeyTong
01-06-2009, 21:35
So in all that Nietzschefied Freudian psycho-babble, where was your alternative model again?

Did you understand any of it?

Anyway, how do know that people with BPD are simply not possessed by satan?.........hmm? ........................hmmmmmmmmmm?

Satan is just another projected part of ourselves that we don't like and cannot integrate into a whole concept of self.
There are people with BPD who are "saved" by Jesus, but it doesn't last long - none of their relationships do.

DDT
01-06-2009, 21:40
Perhaps they just need a little seroquel added to their Jusus!

MickeyTong
01-06-2009, 21:46
Perhaps they just need a little seroquel added to their Jusus!

If it works for you until you can deal with your issues......

BigSpaseeba
01-06-2009, 22:25
No, that is not what I said. I was saying that I don't think that the website is "absolute rubbish." I think that you just want to dismiss the website because it shines a light on the true motives and character of the left. Of course, it shines a light on the right equally, but that is not what would have hit a nerve with you, because as far as I can tell from your posts your point of view is what is aptly described in Shearer's commentary on the left.

Of course I think that Bush, Cheney, etc. should be in trouble, but I think that you may have missed one of the most important points of the article -- that the corruption on the right will ultimately prove stronger and undo the corrupt machinations on the left -- as the article puts it: elements in FBI/CIA vs. Liberal Activist Courts or assasination vs. judgements, and Shearer is predicting, I think accurately, that the former will prove stronger.

Other than that, your statement telling me to "Have fun living in the past with your isms and schisms," is exactly what that article is saying that extreme leftist liberals are doing, and I guess you just missed the entire point of the article which is that both left and right share equally hypocritical and misguided motivations and that in character, both exist as key ingredients to the follies of the Apocalypse which ultimately give rise to the Antichrist who comes to power through the failure of the left and the final, tragic reassertion of the right.

Aside from that, Shearer is one of the most prolific writers on the Apocalypse and one of the ONLY writers with any true grasp of how apocalyptic themes relate to current events. No, I do not agree with him on many points, but the main points, post-tribulationism, that the American right's efforts to restore or conserve America unwittingly causes it to be the "whore" which brings the "beast" or "Antichrist" to ultimate power, and the simple gospel of repentance to Jesus Christ and that His kingdom is not of this world -- I do agree with these.

Shearer is a former Army special-forces officer and definitely knows a good bit about what America is and what it is not. Another person, who does not write on the website but has had other close ties to the Antipas ministry is a Vietnam War veteran who flew on medivacs with wounded and smelled the death.

These guys are smart; they know their current events very well, and they know very well the non-Christian doctrines (heresies) which are pervasive throughout American churches, the damage that these heresies have caused to American society as a whole, and the past, present, and future impact that these heresies have on American foreign policy and the world.

The point of the Antipas ministry, and a fundamental point with which I wholeheartedly agree, is that there is NO answer in this world, and that we are in time of continuous decline, the hallmark characteristic of the last days, in which after each tragedy, people look for hope in all sorts of things that this world has to offer as a solution, and that ALL of these things end up in disappointments or tragedy, setting up the next. At the final point we see the end come and the return of the Lord with the angels to gather his saints.

There is NO hope outside of Jesus Christ -- especially not in politics for politics sake.

I don't think any one on this forum read the entire website you posted. I've read a lot of stuff related to this on many other sites before. I know where you're coming from. I understand what people are believing on their right/left world views. The thing is I don't believe in what they believe in or what you believe in. Okay there is some truth in that site but it's truly very, very mixed up. There are too many people now who read stuff like this then go around thinking they "know" the truth etc etc etc.

I'm looking at reality. I know who the enemy is. I don't like them at all. I know they play the right left liberal conservative black white man woman game all the time and have for many years. It's backwards thinking. If it continues then mankind are going to keep fighting and exploiting and destroying. These philosophies are so archaic...Bush, Cheney, Obama, in the USA, Blair, Brown in UK, Martin, Harper Canada, Merkel, Zarkozy etc etc Putin too. All cavemen bascially. Playing their 19th and 20th century games.

I'm sick of that primitive thinking. Absolutely sick and tired of it. Even children grow up with that same mentality.

Also, that site is full of BS regarding some historical revolutionary people. I dont' want to get into a big discussion about it because that site is too hysterical in how many people it includes into this whole mess.

Basically, that site is a total mess. If you believe that then you're all mixed up.

I recommend to go travel around the world for two years.

BigSpaseeba
01-06-2009, 22:42
Either my stuff is my stuff ..........or it is the States stuff!

Why not try people living and working together and cooperating on issues that are important to us all. USA teaches people to compete to win, to be number one. To beat the other guy. Well if there is a winner then there are also losers. Fine if it's a sporting event but real life has real consequences that affect real people and their families. So do you want winners and losers? Great, then the winners can parade their wealth in front of the losers and rub it in their faces. Is that what want? Survival of the fittest? And if the losers try to get something back then put them in prison or kill them?

Maybe you don't see this because you've been brainwashed by the american sh#tstem for too long. You have to admit that you were taught from your childhood that: communists are bad, socialism is bad, universal health care is bad, cuba is bad, ussr/russians are bad, china is bad, black people are bad, etc etc. I'm from Canada and I resent being lied to by teachers, government and media but at least I realize it now.

I can't tell you the "name" of the new way of living because it is just starting to come into existence. I believe it will happen and you wont' be able to stop it. Some of the people who have instigated it and are moving it forward are people you don't like. I'm sure about that.

I hope you will jump on the train though and join the movement. Everyone is welcome.

DDT
02-06-2009, 00:22
I can't tell you the "name" of the new way of living because it is just starting to come into existence.
I can....it's called Communism!

BigSpaseeba
02-06-2009, 13:24
I can....it's called Communism!

There you go again with your old fashioned thinking. You must think that humans have reached the pinnacle of their social and political development. You're still clinging to 19th century ideals. yawn.

I guess you'll have to be dragged into the future by other people.