PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Inflation to Approach Zimbabwe Level

Kvartiraokhotnik
29-05-2009, 19:47
''I am 100 percent sure that the U.S. will go into hyperinflation''

Carbo may not agree with me, but Marc Faber does.

U.S. Inflation to Approach Zimbabwe Level, Faber Says (Update2) - Bloomberg.com (http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601103&sid=avgZDYM6mTFA&refer=us#)

This is the same guy who advised investors to get out of the US stock market a week before Black Monday in 1987.

Any financial tips from Carbo??? Come on Carbo, give us your Keynesian pearls of wisdom.

Carbo
29-05-2009, 19:50
''I am 100 percent sure that the U.S. will go into hyperinflation''

Carbo may not agree with me, but Marc Faber does.

U.S. Inflation to Approach Zimbabwe Level, Faber Says (Update2) - Bloomberg.com (http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601103&sid=avgZDYM6mTFA&refer=us#)

So, in one thread you post that banks are offering below zero interest rates -- which is basically them saying that they expect deflation, and in another you're telling us all to expect hyper inflation.

But your forgetting that evidence and history is on my side. the Japanese have been printing Yen and buying their own bonds for 15 years, and guess what? No inflation...

Kvartiraokhotnik
29-05-2009, 20:07
So, in one thread you post that banks are offering below zero interest rates -- which is basically them saying that they expect deflation, and in another you're telling us all to expect hyper inflation.

But your forgetting that evidence and history is on my side. the Japanese have been printing Yen and buying their own bonds for 15 years, and guess what? No inflation...

No...the other thread was pointing out the LUDICROUS idea which has been put forward by an economist in the NYT, who thinks its a good idea to have negative interest rates. So you borrow $100 and pay back $97. This, he argues, will aid our escape from the financial crisis.(????!!!!????)

I expect hyperinflation soon, and when it happens I want you to say ''Kvarty was right''. I'd like you to say it about my advice concerning gold, as my advice has proven correct. But I doubt you ever will.

By the way, even as you tell us all of the awful deflation we are experiencing at the moment, im not seeing it. I pay more for my flat, for my food, for my metro tickets, for my clothes, and for my fruit and veg, than last year. So, even if there is deflation, it aint happening in my street.

Can anyone think of anything thats got cheaper since the crisis? They say real estate has, and yet my landlord didnt seem to think so. It went from 20 000 roubles to 24 000 in January.